Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
I'm genuinely surprised there's nothing about the upcoming DLC, less so about the upcoming Porsche expansion. (Being the greedy little Forzisti that I am, I want everything on Tuesday. Let me drown in the new cars!)

After years of polyphony's affirmative public relations, hearing nothing is a pleasant surprise from turn 10. It might be maturity or Friday night beer talking but I'm happy to wait.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

What's the best way to do that besides doing career races?
Free play racing is the way to go. That and a boatload of mods. Average time is around 2 hours an affinity. It goes quicker with 100% affinity Mods or Exp mods, but those are very rare. I tried to use those on manufacturers with a single car I didn't like. I spent 70 million credits on Friday alone, just to get 21 100% mods to use on my final 7 affinities. 3 of those in a race around 1 hour fifteen minutes to an hour and a half will fully Max an affinity from zero. I know I've spent 350+ million on mods, but I don't have to anymore :)

Last edited:
For those wondering about the lack of Porsche pack info, I wouldn't sweat it really. Ever since the first Horizon, big expansion packs tend to just... show up. The Rally expansion for Horizon was announced before the game even came out, but they remained hush hush about it, until about two months later they dropped an announcement and a trailer and said it'd be released two days later. Same goes for the 1000 Club free update they did.

Forza 5 had free tracks just appear out of nowhere with no real fanfare, as well as the 7 free cars around E3 2014 time (if memory serves correctly).

Horizon 2? Same story with the Storm Island pack. Trailer and an announcement post show up, then suddenly two days later there's loads more content. The Porsche expansion for that game was similar as well in that it was generally out of the blue, with no leaks or hints at all.

It's an interesting strategy for sure, and I know we're all inching for more content, but its best just to sit it out until the (admittedly random) moment strikes.

Perhaps the secrecy is hiding an expansion bigger than we all thought? With the tweet saying the entire Forza Franchise, could we be getting something akin to NFS: Porsche Unleashed?

VXR
Perhaps the secrecy is hiding an expansion bigger than we all thought? With the tweet saying the entire Forza Franchise, could we be getting something akin to NFS: Porsche Unleashed?

He specifically refers to the Forza Motorsport franchise. I expect nothing more than what we've been hyping for the past few weeks.

The expansion could be like that and perhaps standalone like the F&F add-on for H2. We know it comes with a track, so it's not impossible.

Forza Motorsports Presents the Porsche Expansion Pack.

VXR
The expansion could be like that and perhaps standalone like the F&F add-on for H2. We know it comes with a track, so it's not impossible.

Forza Motorsports Presents the Porsche Expansion Pack.

You're expecting to much, thats not going to happen.

He says 'Forza Motorsport' franchise only because that is their Twitter and Instagram handle. It will most likely be a first announcement for Horizon 3. As well as Porsches.

It seems a bit early to announce Horizon 3, unless it's cover car is a Porsche and EA's hold on the license is finally expiring, which both seem a bit of a pipe dream. Realistically we'll get the March pack and the Porsche pack, maybe a PC version announcement.

Some of the more unlikely ones:

• Porsche expansion shown off, while its also announced FH3 will feature the marque from day 1, as last seen in FM3.
  • T10 announces Bugatti coup, with the new production Chiron being FH3's cover car.
I don't see Porsche being a standalone a la F&F: it doesn't have the same appeal to casuals. Folks that want Porsche won't want a cut-down game with less tracks and no other marques!

Yeah, and a great announcement it was, no details, no screenshots, no gameplay. Just "hey guys, we're making this game, and it's gonna have a ford gt, have fun waiting for news until E3".

And? It was still an official announcement that was made early on in the year. There's nothing to say that it's to early for Horizon 3 to be announced.

Since this could be the last weekend I focus on a lot of cars that don't carry a particular yellow-and-red shield, I just want to say: I think the talk of the CBH challenge making you a better driver has some weight to it. I've gone from being a solid mid-packer (except at Daytona Road and Lime Rock, and the former only because of Raceboy), to consistently finishing on podium in the hoppers, and even winning a fair amount. I've made some tunes for the Camaro, Abarth 500, and Jalpa that cover all the bases (speed, handling, all-rounder), and I'm focusing more on good race craft, even if others don't. I don't need any more credits, so I'd rather have fun.

Reaching again, maybe the entire Forza Motorsport franchise refers to FM2,3,4 and Horizon are being added as BC and the Porsche deal means the cars are licensed for the second and third game again from this new deal?

If they weren't so secretive, I'd not need to mull this tripe over in my head.

I was just browsing Turn 10's YouTube channel and stumbled across some surprising numbers. The Alpinestars Car Pack trailer currently has 104 k views. The four car packs before it have 134 k views combined. Don't tell me it's the Pontiac Aztek getting all this attention...

Latest Posts

Back