Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
I've been hesitant to take part in the endurance events - my hands ache somewhat after an hour or so of play time. Wasn't the case with the X360 controller. Guess I'd better get into some sort of stretching routine between gameplay breaks, cos' I really want to go down the endurance road.
They're so much fun! It can be relaxing just driving around the 'Ring, Le Mans, Road Atlanta, etc. for an hour or two (and in some cases three!).

The only downside I can think of is if you have any time constraints, and you know what car is really good around what track. When you go to choose your car, they don't tell you any of the stats, and more often then not I am usually in the lowest PI car and end up getting destroyed by the AI.

I've been hesitant to take part in the endurance events - my hands ache somewhat after an hour or so of play time. Wasn't the case with the X360 controller. Guess I'd better get into some sort of stretching routine between gameplay breaks, cos' I really want to go down the endurance road.

My hands don't ache but my brain does. Hours on the same track can drive you crazy. :lol: I've done the Le Mans one on the wheel, my back did ache a bit towards the end...

They're so much fun! It can be relaxing just driving around the 'Ring, Le Mans, Road Atlanta, etc. for an hour or two (and in some cases three!).

The only downside I can think of is if you have any time constraints, and you know what car is really good around what track. When you go to choose your car, they don't tell you any of the stats, and more often then not I am usually in the lowest PI car and end up getting destroyed by the AI.

I got 100% in the game last week (all events & Achievements) and here are the cars I used for the Endurance events:

Any LMP race: Peugeot 908 (with TCS)
Any GT race: Dodge Viper
V8 Supercars: Xbox Ford
Touring Cars: ebay BMW
Indycar: Chevrolet

Every race lasts an hour or so, with the exception of Le Mans, Daytons (2 hours each) and Sebring (3). I recommend setting the AI to a beatable level (I used Pro), loading yourself up on XP mod cards and having some podcasts on in the background. I did a race each night for about a week, some were quite lucrative:

fsDEOSc.png

That's the first thing i did, was complete career and showcases. I knew if i started free play/racing, I'd have trouble going back to career. Now that's what I do 80% of the time, just free race. It doesn't get old to me yet, and having fun working on maxing affinities. 👍

M'fraid you're missing a lot more than the interactive element - Youtube vids are not the best frame of reference for judging a game's audio or visuals. You can experiment this yourself - drive a car and watch it in replay; do the same on Youtube. Nearly worlds apart, so long as you're packing a decent set of speakers and amp, that is.

YouTube is sufficient for leaving an impression. Why else would every business use it to publish their material? For example, I've previewed thousands of music uploads on that site and not once have I been caught off guard by the differences heard in the final uncompressed releases. Yes, I do have a decent stereo setup.

I watched several gameplay videos of FM6 before it released, including off-screen footage for visual reverence. All those videos gave me an idea of what to expect and the final game, albeit better, wasn't a world of difference to me. I've seen enough of FM5 to know I wouldn't like it very much, which also explains why I didn't invest in the Xbox One until FM6 arrived. Comparing equally good gameplay videos of FM5 and FM6 on YouTube has been enough for me to decide on a preference. Wasting money on FM5 at this point will do nothing but confirm that preference.

Wow... you picked one of the best-sounding cars from both games to showcase that. Fair comparison I'd say :odd:

Yes, perfectly fair.

Or the fact, that F5's is in an open space, and F6 starts out at Catalunya where there's echo. Why don't you post videos of both cars at the TG test track or Catalunya in a replay? The real-life sound here is irrelevant as it completely TRUMPS the sound in both games! :bowdown::bowdown:

There's plenty of open space in the Catalunya video. Also, the sound of the real car is not irrelevant if you want to determine accuracy. Ok, I get that you're an audiophile paying attention to the noticeable work that went into samples, but that's probably where I feel FM5 overdid something about the car sounds.

@Gotbeefboy564 compared the sound of the Aventador between the two games. Those videos were enough to reinforce my opinion that FM6 sounds better. I'm still awaiting your graphical comparisons @Speedster911.

I'm afraid he's right though. :D I have both FM5 and 6 and there's better detailing on some of the FM5 tracks and also in the car interiors (better windshield reflections, shinier chrome on the gauges). And yes, some cars seem to have a more detailed engine note.

I simply do not have the attention span to do endurance races. I'm like a kid in that respect, rather than the 50 year old man I am in reality :lol:

Hahah... I don't either..at least, not the way I used to back in the ol' PS1 and 2 days when I was just crossing over into my 20s... man I could really hammer those GT endurance events. I guess I have to give it time and build up that tolerance level again... though I don't want the elbow tendinitis to flare up due to holding down the right trigger for such lengths. :rolleyes:

An endurance event is relaxing? Really man? So you're cruising around while the AI is leaving you in the dust?? :lol:

On a serious note, I really want to get into this. I will though.. just need to tap into that motivation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Gotbeefboy564 compared the sound of the Aventador between the two games. Those videos were enough to reinforce my opinion that FM6 sounds better. I'm still awaiting your graphical comparisons @Speedster911.

Okay well, let's just agree to disagree. :cheers:

Besides, to be very honest, even though I've been ranting on and on about this :lol:... I'm most likely not the best individual to pass on any further judgement on either game's sound because I believe my console should be hooked up to a good 7.1 system to hear all the "bells and whistles". It can make a world of difference, though on my system, I feel F5 just sound better (I promise that's the last time I will ever say that) :D.

How do you have sound going the stereo setup BTW? HDMI to TV and then RCA jacks to amp, I assume?

I will get the shots for you when I can spare some time.. I will have to sit down, select a few tracks and car, then take shots from the exact same angles = time consuming.

I'm afraid he's right though. :D I have both FM5 and 6 and there's better detailing on some of the FM5 tracks and also in the car interiors (better windshield reflections, shinier chrome on the gauges). And yes, some cars seem to have a more detailed engine note.

There you go, those are just some of the things one would notice, especially one with a keen eye for detail, though people will eventually like what they find more pleasing. At the end of the day, it's just an opinion that you or I have. F5 boasts better detail cos' there's less happening on the track. Exact same scenario playing over again, when we talk about the F3 to 4 transition = detail getting scaled back to accommodate more cars, denser particle effects and more complex physics calculations, all at locked 60 fps. Oldest trick in the console book.

I was first very critical of the "get 3rd or better for gold" and the always 3/4 laps for 90% of the races.

Surely you can see why people who were bred on Forza 4 would find this contentious.

First is GOLD, 2nd silver, 3rd bronze. This is a universal.

I also found 3 laps quite 'casual' because F3/4 beat us over the head with 6, 7, 10 lap races.

And I did it, and I sat there for 20 mins plus doing 10 laps of Spa or Silverstone and I did it until I got 1st because... this is what race is. No rewind, all aids off, manual.

But I understand people arent gonna sit down for 30 mins and grind away like this.

Its casualisation but its more what they think most people will play. I admit I like 3 laps and if I come 3rd, eh, I'm good.

Quick blast, in and out, 3rd is good enough.

Next I believe they will allow you to pass on ANY finish in Forza 7.

They really need to do what GRID Autosport and Project CARS did, just have it another assist.
1/4 length, 3-4 lap races, no bonus (basically, what we have)
1/2 length, 6-8 laps, 10% bonus
3/4 length, 9-12 laps, 15% bonus
Full length, 12-16 laps, 20% bonus

The whole top 3 gold thing is pretty silly regardless though.

I think a good analogue of this is GTA4 -> GTA5.

They did a lot of shortcuts to make sure it runs good at 1,080p. So did Turn10. I have no doubt they simplified a lot of things that most people wouldnt notice to make it more fun for more people.

I'm not sure making it MORE like more hardcore sims is a good idea.

Although I'm sure many of you will say the slightly lower sales figures may make them rethink the 'formula'.

The Ford Riley DP is much nicer to drive now!
Just re-did my time in the monthly rivals event...wiped off a bit over 4 seconds and jumped to 74th overall and 2nd in Asia/Pacific (for the moment).

Now, if a certain Ligier would magically appear in game :P
(But seriously, I'd be perfectly fine if T10 didn't release anymore content, I'm enjoying the game and the variety as it is)

An endurance event is relaxing? Really man? So you're cruising around while the AI is leaving you in the dust?? :lol:

On a serious note, I really want to get into this. I will though.. just need to tap into that motivation.
Even though I may not win (though that's down to me racing on unbeatable and not changing the difficulty), it's still nice to be driving around and not really worry about much. Except pit strategy, lapped AI, staying somewhat consistent, making sure you have enough time to finish the race, etc.

I can't explain why, but it's just relaxing. You gotta try it sometime!

I find endurance races relaxing as well. Because of the length of them, you don't need to push as hard as you do in a short 3 lap race to get that needed Forza podium finish to progress. Gives you so much time to pick your overtaking points better, and actually takes away a lot of the stress that comes from racing in a Forza game. This is why the community has been begging T10 to bring back endurance racing as it was in FM3 and before.

I find endurance races relaxing as well. Because of the length of them, you don't need to push as hard as you do in a short 3 lap race to get that needed Forza podium finish to progress. Gives you so much time to pick your overtaking points better, and actually takes away a lot of the stress that comes from racing in a Forza game. This is why the community has been begging T10 to bring back endurance racing as it was in FM3 and before
To each their own, but it's not for me :crazy::lol:

image.jpeg
So I was messing around a few minutes ago, looking for tunes, maxing Lancias affinity, when I found this crazy tune for the Lancia 1986 Delta S4. If anyone is looking to mess around and get a little laughter, get in that car, go to tunes, and search for creator Brian562011. The name description of the tune is Non-Stop Wheelie, and it's true. It pulls awesome wheelies with ease. This is me five minutes ago(sorry I don't take the best pictures lol). :cheers:

Last edited:
View attachment 513953 So I was messing around a few minutes ago, looking for tunes, maxing Lancias affinity, when I found this crazy tune for the Lancia 1986 Delta S4. If anyone is looking to mess around and get a little laughter, get in that car go to tunes and search for creator Brian562011. The name description of the tune is Non-Stop Wheelie, and it's true. It pulls awesome wheelies with ease. This is me five minutes ago(sorry I don't take the best pictures lol). :cheers:
I seen someone in a Fiat 500 doing this the other day. Amongst the midst of the death trap that is the first turn of Nurb GP, I saw him in the distance just popping wheelies by people. It was hilarious, but I forgot to record it :(

1 hr 15 mins and 10 laps into my 50 lap race around the Ring in the E23.

Not going to be feeling my hands tomorrow but I should get an estimated 51 levels from the 2.1+ million XP I'm getting from this race... Should make up for the 6 million I had to spend to get 3 100% XP boosts. The drops are almost impressively **** at times.

Your going to be up for awhile. :)
After you do that, you should do a 50 lapper at the Ring with the Terradyne and let me know how long it takes. :lol::cheers:
I'm pretty sure I took it around the Ring once, I think it took me around 18 minutes? Quick math puts that at 15 hrs before rewinds and breaks.

My eyes would be bleeding and my hands forever numb.

Seriously though, endurance racing has got to be absolutely savage on your back, neck, arms and legs... Or pretty much everything really.

Does Forza 6 have the ability to show the preferred gear indicator?

ie. this corner is 2nd, this corner is 3rd etc.
No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. You really don't need it. If you download tunes like I do, it just takes a bit to get used to how the car is tuned. Some cars take certain corners in different gears than others, depending on how they are set up. After a couple laps it's pretty easy to tell.

Last edited:
Back