• 7 comments

Remake FFVII?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Forgotten Wing
Well? what do you think? should Squaresoft remake FFVII for the PS2? I personaly think it would be awesome.

No
I love it and it is one of my favourite games, but it was made so many years ago and not enough people would buy it to warrant them going through and totally redoing the game.

Actually there never was any thought of doing a remake. What they have been mulling around is a sequel like FFX is getting later this year.

Square was going to make VII, VIII, and IX remakes for PS2. But, problems with Final Fantasy's (the movie) budget, it was dropped (supposedly) by Square. Square even made a PS2 Tech demo of the Ball Room dance scene in VIII.

IMO, Square should remake these FF games and not ruining other FF games by making direct sequels off of them (FFX-2).

Square could make a FF game with a hunk of tofu as the main character and it would sell. (capcom did it and look at how many copies of that game it sold:D)

My point is whatever Square does it will sell. People will complain about what they did to this one or that one, but it wont stop them from buying the next one.

Personally i would love to see FFVII revamped with new graphics and such. I would also love to see direct sequels to some of the FF's (if done correctly.)

I don't think they should redo FFVII, because then techincally they should redo all of the FF games. They all have extraordinary story lines, but part of what makes each game is the system it was played on. It's nice to go back to FFI and play it on nintendo, It really wouldn't be the same if it was redone with nice graphic, and pretty fight scenes. The only reason for them to bring out a game again if it is not playable on the top systems that are out at the time, and then have done that, for some of the FF games, and then have added some new CG scenes to the games, but for the most part they just have kept those games the same.

They have remade most of the games. 5 was a remake of 1, and 6 a remake of 2. From 8-12 all have great graphics already and don't need to be redone. However, 6 and back should be done on the new system with better graphics.

Back