Remove grinding from GT5 pls ! (vs 1.07 patch)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Merquise
  • 92 comments
  • 13,890 views
Messages
241
I see many angry and many happy people on the forums.
I visit this forum and some Dutch forums as well.

What I've observed is this:
Almost all people actually agree on 1.07 being a good patch... *IF* PD also worked on eliminating the horrible need of grinding in GT5.


Personally I'm in the 'hate 107' camp.
Why? Because now I have to resort to superboring grinding again.
I bought GT5 the day it was released, I was level 30 on eehh december 25th or so and since then I have nothing to do. No challenges, no races, nothing.
I'm not the type of person who will race Indianapolis 50 times to get the 5 million needed to buy a 2nd hand car that then needs another 1 million in repairs.

*But* if PD would take care of the horrible grinding in GT5, I would not complain about this patch at all. I think most people who complain now are, like me, not actually complaining about the duping being 'killed', we're complaining because now we're being forced to grind again.


My suggestions for getting rid of the annoying grindwork:
- Increase prize money a LOT.
- Occasion dealer must have ALL cars available (to prevent eternal rotation)
- Create much more races in the pro/extreme A-spec
- Remove the need to 'repair' cars after you bought them. (a 2nd hand Mines GTR costs 200k credits to repair it, which is stupid because a brand new Mines GTR also costs 200k !!!)


Removing the grinding in GT5 is what this game needs.
 
I suggest they create 3-5 new halls with races. Races you need S license and a lvl of 30-40 to race. Perhaps a certanin amount of % completion. Races that will last 30mins, and only supercars can enter. Races that give 500k-2m payout. Races that will give 100k xp.

When you have past lvl 35, seasonal events doesn't help at all.

I think it's completely retarded that the only new races we unlock from level 25-40 is boring endurance races.

PD! Give us more challenges!
 
I borrowed a F1 2007 car from my friend to do a seasonal race. I don't even know what this dupe thing is. This is BS that we can't give cars back as agreed. I'm now going to be a jerk to my friend if I don't give it back. How the hell do I give it back?????
 
Can I ask, what is grinding?

Grinding is doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to get a certain result.


For instance: you want a Peugeot HDI Fap, costs 4 million. You have 0 million.
Therefor you can drive the 5-lap Indianalpolis race that gets you ~100k You have to do that race 40 times, and voila you have the credits to buy that Peugeot.
*most* people dont like doint the same thing 40 times in a row. Thats called grinding.

Another thing:
Suppose you need the Alfa 155 DTM, which is sometimes available in the 2nd car lot. You want that car. There for you check the car lot, no car.
Then you start/end the 1st race of the sunday cup 5 times in a row, so the 2nd car lot refeshes. You keep doing that for the next 2 days, just to get that Alfa 155 you wanted.

That is grinding. Doing a stupid thing over and over because it;s the 'most efficient' way to get it done. Ultra boring.

It's typically something from MMORPGs where you have to kill monster X about a million times so the boss spawns and you get a chance to get that Godly Sword of the Heavens you always wanted.


But seriously: if PD would eliminate the need for grinding, no-one would be complaining about the 1.07 patch.
Or is that just my opinion?
 
Last edited:
This thread speaks the TRUTH.

The complaints about the patch would be a lot less if people with a life, a job or a wife would be able to get the cool cars in a sane way.

Meaning: without spending all your valuable free time doing endless left-turns on Indy in order to get that cool looking, but far too expensive Audi R10.

A bit of grinding is fine, but not when it replaces the time you could actually spend driving nice cars - because there's no healthy way to get a hold of those nice cars.
 
They will never change this...

Because it would make this game -which is sooooooooooooo hard and tough to beat- cheap :sick:

The Indy race givs 98K and lets say it lasts 3 minutes

- I need to do this race 205 times to buy a 330P4
- I need to do this race 205 times to buy a XJ13
- I need to do this race 205 times to buy a GT40 (when it appears of course)
- I need to do this race 103 times to get a F10


It looks like that I have to do this race 718 times, about 36 hours of pure grinding, to get enough money to buy 4 cars.

Kazunori San, you produced a game with tons of content.
 
Hope they don't plan on me ever buying GT6.
I'll still be chasing some exotics in GT5.
lol, only gonna hurt their sale next time. :dunce:
 
I will never grind, so in order for me to keep on playing GT5 I want :

1-) More A and B spec races
2-) More seasonal events
3-) More money earned per race that I win
4-) A prize car that I can sell after EACH win
 
I will never grind, so in order for me to keep on playing GT5 I want :

1-) More A and B spec races
2-) More seasonal events
3-) More money earned per race that I win
4-) A prize car that I can sell after EACH win

Agreed!!

Instead of PD focusing on stopping dupers, why don't they fix the root problem, LACK OF EVENTS!!
 
Not really... Flawed reward system.

I get more money by racing 8 minutes at indy then racing for about 2 hours in grand valley.

In GTPSP doing 4 or 5 laps at test course gave me more money then doing a 78 lap race in monaco.
 
Agreed!!

Instead of PD focusing on stopping dupers, why don't they fix the root problem, LACK OF EVENTS!!

Yes, yes yes yes yes....
Overall except the endurance races it is fairly quick to complete all the events.
Money is short now :)
And grinding is a pain.
Problem is even when racing online, you cant afford or buy new cars to compete. or you see a nice car and found out that it does not even show on the UCD !
Making new spec A events is just minor programming.
Or they could do more seasonal events at least !!!
This grinding is killing the game...
 
This thread speaks the TRUTH.

The complaints about the patch would be a lot less if people with a life, a job or a wife would be able to get the cool cars in a sane way.

Meaning: without spending all your valuable free time doing endless left-turns on Indy in order to get that cool looking, but far too expensive Audi R10.

A bit of grinding is fine, but not when it replaces the time you could actually spend driving nice cars - because there's no healthy way to get a hold of those nice cars.

100% agree with this post.
 
"Meaning: without spending all your valuable free time doing endless left-turns on Indy" this is my only problem. I have a full time job so my free time is precious. I hate getting on an thinking time to race indy so i have some spare cash. I hate the fact the one good way to get money (seasonal events) has been turned into beginner A-spec races with worthless payouts.......
 
Totally agree. Increase the priZe money increase the exp cos no one wants to grind, i cant afford to leave the ps3 on for hours. Please fix it PD jeez
 
Read this thread, Kaz, and take note. If not for GT5, then at least be educated for GT6.

Your hardcore fanbase may not be as patient as it used to be with so many other franchises and platforms catching up with you faster than you apparently realize.
 
No no no, i like things being expencive, lets face it, you dont need several LMP cars, you only need ONE.

Who the h** has several LMP cars and several Gt500 just to have them?(IRL speaking).

To be in a online race that requires a sertain carclass isnt hard. You get atleast one of each class from a-spec prizes.

I think its good to have some hard to get, expencive cars so you can show off to others. And i would also like to see even more expencive cars, cars you need to buy. Like a 30Mill or even a 60mill car. Im not saying that these cars should be any better than the counterparts in its class, as its just a car you have as a "showoff".

Think of these as the flying mounts in WoW. Funn to have, not nessesary at all.
 
Matyltest
No no no, i like things being expencive, lets face it, you dont need several LMP cars, you only need ONE.

Who the h** has several LMP cars and several Gt500 just to have them?(IRL speaking).

To have a huge amount of cars is one of the goals of this game, theres even a trophy when you reach 1000 cars, this is a simulator, people love to have choices, why limit them? We have real life fir limits already.
 
I borrowed a F1 2007 car from my friend to do a seasonal race. I don't even know what this dupe thing is. This is BS that we can't give cars back as agreed. I'm now going to be a jerk to my friend if I don't give it back. How the hell do I give it back?????

send it now the limit has been lifted
 
I gave up on the game weeks ago to concentrate on f1 2010.

I am just bored of grinding basically.

Just unlock all the cars and be done with it, thats the only thing that would bring me back.

I havent got time to spend hours and hours doing dull repetitive mind numbing races.

They also need a "production lobby", its great fun racing cars with equal performance. Forza have done it.
 
I totally agree with all the suggestions...

please PD, do something (patch) to make GT5 more interesting to play rather than constant grinding...


I see many angry and many happy people on the forums.
I visit this forum and some Dutch forums as well.

What I've observed is this:
Almost all people actually agree on 1.07 being a good patch... *IF* PD also worked on eliminating the horrible need of grinding in GT5.


Personally I'm in the 'hate 107' camp.
Why? Because now I have to resort to superboring grinding again.
I bought GT5 the day it was released, I was level 30 on eehh december 25th or so and since then I have nothing to do. No challenges, no races, nothing.
I'm not the type of person who will race Indianapolis 50 times to get the 5 million needed to buy a 2nd hand car that then needs another 1 million in repairs.

*But* if PD would take care of the horrible grinding in GT5, I would not complain about this patch at all. I think most people who complain now are, like me, not actually complaining about the duping being 'killed', we're complaining because now we're being forced to grind again.


My suggestions for getting rid of the annoying grindwork:
- Increase prize money a LOT.
- Occasion dealer must have ALL cars available (to prevent eternal rotation)
- Create much more races in the pro/extreme A-spec
- Remove the need to 'repair' cars after you bought them. (a 2nd hand Mines GTR costs 200k credits to repair it, which is stupid because a brand new Mines GTR also costs 200k !!!)


Removing the grinding in GT5 is what this game needs.
 
i was 23h and 37 min in the race of de green hell
and then i was in the corner press de throtle when the freaking update shows up:crazy:
before i knew what i had done the game shut itself off and he goes updating.

:crazy::ouch::nervous::yuck::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:



💡 join a and b spec together and then i can finisch the last damn race.
want i just dont want to start him again and drive the hole freaking 24h alone.
 
I see many angry and many happy people on the forums.
I visit this forum and some Dutch forums as well.

What I've observed is this:
Almost all people actually agree on 1.07 being a good patch... *IF* PD also worked on eliminating the horrible need of grinding in GT5.


Personally I'm in the 'hate 107' camp.
Why? Because now I have to resort to superboring grinding again.
I bought GT5 the day it was released, I was level 30 on eehh december 25th or so and since then I have nothing to do. No challenges, no races, nothing.
I'm not the type of person who will race Indianapolis 50 times to get the 5 million needed to buy a 2nd hand car that then needs another 1 million in repairs.

*But* if PD would take care of the horrible grinding in GT5, I would not complain about this patch at all. I think most people who complain now are, like me, not actually complaining about the duping being 'killed', we're complaining because now we're being forced to grind again.


My suggestions for getting rid of the annoying grindwork:
- Increase prize money a LOT.
- Occasion dealer must have ALL cars available (to prevent eternal rotation)
- Create much more races in the pro/extreme A-spec
- Remove the need to 'repair' cars after you bought them. (a 2nd hand Mines GTR costs 200k credits to repair it, which is stupid because a brand new Mines GTR also costs 200k !!!)


Removing the grinding in GT5 is what this game needs.


I completely agree, the top 4 on my friends list have been about level 28-30 (im level 30 and at the top :p) and none of us seem to level up because we don't want to grind! and i certainly don't want to spend 24 hrs doing a bloody endurance event for measily exp and credits!!
 
I started auto-grinding three days ago (95%, A-Spec 30 and B-Spec 40 when I started) and it's refreshed my interest in the game. Now with my free time, I can concentrate on driving and enjoying the game. I've been knocking down a few golds each day on the licences. Re-running the seasonals with new interesting cars, and practicing my X1 skills for the damned Vettel challenge. My interest in trading has dropped because I know I can buy anything in the UCD now.

In short, PUT MORE MONEY IN THE EXTREME AND ENDURANCE RACES. I shouldn't have to auto-grind. All the endurance races should give 10x more money than they do. The endurance payouts are pitiful. Everything moves along at a decent pace until you hit about A-Spec 30. Then, for someone like me, with 1-2 hours max playtime a day, the pace slows to a crawl. Even B-Spec was a ridiculous grind. I didn't want to tie my PS3 up for 24 hours at a time, so I was ran 2x Suzuka 9hr for weeks to get from 35-40. How is that fun?
 
Hey!!! I just managed to get back my GT40 '69 (far over the 1M limit) from my ALT account. Probably cars can be at least returned now!!! :guilty:
 
I remember on GT4 there used to be the deutche touring car meistershaft or something, basically DTM as on GT5. That used to give a CLK GTR AMG which you could sell for a million credits. You could also speed up the bspec sim to x3 speed to get stuff done quicker.
It was a 5 race series with 70k prize money per race

70k x 5 = 350k

350k+1000k=1350k=1.35million credits in just over 15 minutes.

We NEED something like this on gt5
 
I completely agree with all things in this thread. Grinding is about as boring as waiting for and egg to cook on a road on a hot day. I don't understand the money I get from championships and endurance races. The dream car championship doesn't even suffice the repairs I have to do on the cars after I race them. And the only race that I can say had a decent reward that I really appreciated was the indy 500 a and b spec. Others were good too but not nearly as good as they should've been. I know it's not a game but I m not having fun playing it. The only challenges are the special events that still don't pay enough. B spec is boring beyond reason not to mention stupid. Pd please make better rewards. And I agree there should be more hard to get cars like the 20 mil ones but take the trading cap off so I can trade my rare cars for that alfa that I can't be bothered to grind and buy.
 
hear hear!

seriously, all i want to do is race, but instead i have to spend 75% of my GT5 time dealing with cars, tracks, and races that are completely exhausted of entertainment or fun value.

PD are you listening?
 
Do we really think PD listens to simple logic? A reasonably intelligent human would have figured this out themselves. Also, I prefer to race online, with real people. However, the payouts are low, even if you win. So, this begs the question, are the developers reasonably intelligent?

Like the others, I could care less about the update, if a person with a life could get somewhere in this game.
 
Back