Remove grinding from GT5 pls ! (vs 1.07 patch)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Merquise
  • 92 comments
  • 13,890 views
Sad how so many of the posts defending patch 1.07 are by people who think these grinding "chores" equate to skill. :sick:
 
i agree more money should be added to majority of races, extra xp wouldnt be bad too, but id be happy with more pay as the bonus races on seasonal event only last so long and can only do them once(if you get 1st that is) and thats been the easiest way for me to get certain cars for races and do them up..


i will say one thing though to all the negative people in this thread about grinding.... yes it can be boring(i try and use the quickest car to end it quicker), but i think some people forget, that theses types of car games are suppose to be based around realism and life and unless people have forgotten, real race drivers have to work hard to get the money for things they want, granted most will get a daily pay, but for races that dont fork out Formula/Le Man type money, the drivers to have to pretty much do the same races constantly to get where they want..

just like any sport and any job, if it was that easy, everyone would be rich ;)
 
Sad how so many of the posts defending patch 1.07 are by people who think these grinding "chores" equate to skill. :sick:

Amen. Grinding is making GT5 a totally craptacular experience. Hey PD, listen to your GT6 Beta Testers (uh, I mean the consumers who paid their hard earned money for GT5), and FIX the situation. A) Give us more money for winning races. B) Give us more races TO earn money in...i.e. EVENTS...either Seasonal, Special...or the A/B Spec. stuff. If I have to freakin drive around Indy one more time, I am gonna take a long walk off a tall building.
 
This thread speaks the TRUTH.

The complaints about the patch would be a lot less if people with a life, a job or a wife would be able to get the cool cars in a sane way.

Meaning: without spending all your valuable free time doing endless left-turns on Indy in order to get that cool looking, but far too expensive Audi R10.

A bit of grinding is fine, but not when it replaces the time you could actually spend driving nice cars - because there's no healthy way to get a hold of those nice cars.


Yeah, I can see PD getting sued by wives. The game before patch 1.07 kept my husband away from me, but since patch 1.07, they took him from me. He keeps playing and playing the same track over and over. Grind Turismo 5, I am tired of grinding in video games. I did grinding in Foreverza Motorsports 3.
It is interesting that most PC racing sims, you already have the cars and just need to tune.
 
i will say one thing though to all the negative people in this thread about grinding.... yes it can be boring(i try and use the quickest car to end it quicker), but i think some people forget, that theses types of car games are suppose to be based around realism and life and unless people have forgotten, real race drivers have to work hard to get the money for things they want, granted most will get a daily pay, but for races that dont fork out Formula/Le Man type money, the drivers to have to pretty much do the same races constantly to get where they want..

just like any sport and any job, if it was that easy, everyone would be rich ;)
i hear you, but to be fair, it's a fantasy game. period. we all go play for fun, and we choose the cars we want to drive for more fun. and we payed for the PS3 and paid for the game, too. having said that, i am not a fan of having to continue to 'pay to play' through hours of the same track, same race, same competitors, same outcome over and over and over just so we can race the fun cars we paid to race in the first place.

obviously we aren't seeking a non-challenging game, but the reality of having to put in repeated boring hours just to have the fun you want is not a balanced proposition. 0.02. :)
 
Sad how so many of the posts defending patch 1.07 are by people who think these grinding "chores" equate to skill. :sick:

Yep, some people seem to believe that because they ground themselves a car they are better drivers than someone that duped it. I grind in real life to buy real things, it's called overtime. I'm not 17 anymore and I don't have 36 hours to grind away buying a handful of virtual cars.

I wonder how many anti-dupers would say no to a free car in real life? Would they enjoy the car less because they didn't earn it? That seems to be their take on GT5.
 
Simple answer is for PD to just unlock all cars. Make everyone's garage contain all cars. Race WHAT you wand, WHEN you want.
 
This is getting rediculous. Why do I feel like we are the ones making the game? We make demands, and PD meets us in between. We are nothing but beta testers and this whole game balance thing is really killing the experience. I mean really. I had more fun playing GT2. It was actually balanced well, had a nice selection of cars (all the same quality) and the physics were top notch.

With GT5, what do I get? I get 80% old content, ever changing physics because they can't seem to get it right, ever changing rewards because they can't seem to get it right, ever changing graphics (yes the graphics have changed), ever changing rules and regulations, leaves me wondering what did they get RIGHT? What were they doing for 6 years!?

Oh, that's right, 6 years making 200 rediculously detailed premium models that they slap LOD's on so you can't see the nice quality anywhere except photo mode, with magnification set to X2. That makes a LOT of sense.

GT5 - The Real Photographer Simulator
 
I'm sure that people at PD check these forums. And with that, they realize that people are pissed.

Hopefully, they will set things right again. Truly, at this point...almost lvl 32.....I am starting to get bored.

The only reason I bought a PS3 a couple of years ago was for this one game. And I have been anticipating it's arrival for countless months.....

Then it's here and I was excited and happy and loved to play it.....but..........

Then the agony started setting in. The reality of attempting to earn so many experience points to level up, and for what really? What I want to do and loved to do in GT4 was drive really cool cars. I don't want to deal with all of this mess of driving sub par autos and being forced to buy certain cars for ONE race.....

I do hope that someone at Sony is paying attention.
 
I would also change the fact that if you buy a second hand car, you should be able to resell it at a slight loss vs what you paid for it. I mean, if you paid 350k for a car it should sell for ~320k, not the ridiculous 12-15k you get for it.
 
I see many angry and many happy people on the forums.
I visit this forum and some Dutch forums as well.

What I've observed is this:
Almost all people actually agree on 1.07 being a good patch... *IF* PD also worked on eliminating the horrible need of grinding in GT5.


Personally I'm in the 'hate 107' camp.
Why? Because now I have to resort to superboring grinding again.
I bought GT5 the day it was released, I was level 30 on eehh december 25th or so and since then I have nothing to do. No challenges, no races, nothing.
I'm not the type of person who will race Indianapolis 50 times to get the 5 million needed to buy a 2nd hand car that then needs another 1 million in repairs.

*But* if PD would take care of the horrible grinding in GT5, I would not complain about this patch at all. I think most people who complain now are, like me, not actually complaining about the duping being 'killed', we're complaining because now we're being forced to grind again.


My suggestions for getting rid of the annoying grindwork:
- Increase prize money a LOT.
- Occasion dealer must have ALL cars available (to prevent eternal rotation)
- Create much more races in the pro/extreme A-spec
- Remove the need to 'repair' cars after you bought them. (a 2nd hand Mines GTR costs 200k credits to repair it, which is stupid because a brand new Mines GTR also costs 200k !!!)


Removing the grinding in GT5 is what this game needs.

That isn't really solving the problem, because the people still need to race for money. However, grinding can be lowered if PD added more events (which they do via Season Events) and if the prize credits and prize experience would increase.
 
I don't mind doing a short race 3-4-5 times..
I DO mind having to do a 24h event 4 times just to get 1 level.
I DO mind having to do a small race 200 times to get 4.5 million so I can finally buy a car.

A little bit of grinding is ok.
Back in GT4.. or GT3? You could see the silouette of 4 different cars when you won a race/event. It would rotate, and 1 of those 4 would be your prize.
If you wanten to have all 4 different cars you'd have to do the race 10 times or so. That was a bit boring as well.. but the way GT5 works nowadays is a factor 1000 worse.

I know it's a horrible thing to say but I;m gonna say the unspeakable anyway: the way GT5 is now makes me feel like.. my real life job ! (aaahh the horror !)
 
Grinding isn't the problem. People who bitch about grinding want instant or near instant satisfaction from their games.

The problem is the lack of things to do in Aspec
 
Grinding isn't the problem. People who bitch about grinding want instant or near instant satisfaction from their games.

The problem is the lack of things to do in Aspec



I disagree.
There should be a good balance between effort and reward.
In GT5, that balance is waaayyy off.

If you can buy a 4.5 million LeMans car after 10 seconds of racing, people would complain it;s too easy.
If you need to grind a whole week (I have a real life job you know...) to buy that 4.5 million cred car, people complain.

So there should be a balance.
If I really want a car, I don't mind putting in an hour of work.
Make it a difficult challenge, with restricted cars. No problem. I feel good if I get that challenge done. But 20 hours of driving in a Red Bull X1, doing the same race 150 times is grinding.

Eliminatie the grinding, and the community will have no problems with patches like the 1.07 patch.
 
This is getting rediculous. Why do I feel like we are the ones making the game? We make demands, and PD meets us in between. We are nothing but beta testers and this whole game balance thing is really killing the experience.

You hit the nail on the head. I effectively paid $100 for GT5 Prologue (GT5 Beta) and GT6 Beta (GT5 Collector's Ed). I feel so stupid right now, its unreal. And I waited months to buy Borderlands and Red Dead Redemption.
 
Totally agree this is why people dupe and cheat cause people dont have the time to sped 6 hours + getting the best cars, if they had a balance so its a challange but hard enough to make it fun i feel it would be so much better, and if they had DLC for new cars and tracks i would pay for those as i am really bored of grinding for a couple of hours a day just to get that extra million for a car that has 1 million in repairs.
 
exactly. people cheat because the grinding is overboard, im perfectly fine with have to grind BUT when its literal hours of the same race to get one good car its a problem. I have limited time to play, im sitting in my work clothes now actually.....
 
Grinding must go!

Some say "grinding makes the game last longer". I don't agree, I will play this game as long as the online servers are up, because for me that's where the unlimited game life comes from. I want to beat the game ONCE, build my garage, and then race online untill GT6. Is that so hard?
 
Last edited:
With a bazzillion cars in the game, creating new races should be easy. NO NEED FOR BORING, ENDLESS GRINDING.
 
Grinding must go!

Some say "grinding makes the game last longer". I don't agree, I will play this game as long as the online servers are up, because for me that's where the unlimited game life comes from. I want to beat the game ONCE, build my garage, and then race online untill GT6. Is that so hard?


Exactly what I want.
- Beat game once (get all golds in licenses, challenges, races)
- Collect my garage
- Race online till GT6 is out


I think 90% of people wants to play a game this way.
The bad thing about GT5 is: I 'beat the game' on december 20th, because from then on I had no more challenges. I had all golds on licenses, challenges (except Vettel, that took me another week) and races.
After december 20th, the grinding began.

First the horrible boring clicking called B-spec.
I seriously don't want to watch someone else drive laptimes 20 seconds slower than I do with the same car. I did B-spec but I only did it because I had to work anyway. Just turn the PS3 on, go to work and voila, race won.
To me, that was also grinding.

I also tried the Endurance races. Gaaaawwwd awefull..
Problem is: by the end of lap ONE I can tell you wether I'm gonna win or loose this 9 hour race. But after lap one, I still have to drive another 500 laps with no possibility to savegame or to B-spec.
That was grinding #2, I quit Endurance racing, I did the first 2 and the rest: no way untill they make it B-speccable or saveable.

So.. after that, I started building my garage.
Now you must understand that EVEN WITH the duping, it takes ages and ages to get a garage full of good cars. Copy savegame on USB, then buy a car in game, repair it (why the f... does it cost 500k + 500k for repairs !) then send it to my 2nd account. Reload my savegame, then go to my 2nd account, send back the car and voila. ONE car added.
To me that was grinding. Boring as hell.



No.
1: I want to beat the game in a *REASONABLE* way
2: I want to build my garage using a *REASONABLE* amount of time
3: I want to drive my cars online till I die or till GT6 comes out.

Because thats why I bought this game, to race.
If I want to grind, I just go to my real life job.
 
This brings up a good point. forza 3 came out what almost 2 years ago now and I played the hell out of that game and Im only 35% complete. Im now 95% complete with GT5 and it hasnt even been a year yet.
Forza just dominates with content. Im not going to say Im not going to buy gt6 at all because I am. I just hope they fix there shortcomings
 
another thing thats makes the grinding suck is its sooooo easy to win the races, all the races actually. there are almost no restrictions. it might actually be intresting to do the indy race if it payed a lot more and was a lot harder. Ive lapped a few of the cars in the 5 lap indy race. in 5 laps..... yeah thats boring. If i had to race my guts out for that win it would be fun. witch yes i could do now buy chooseing a car other than my vette but with the pathetic pay out way would i waste my time. make 2,3,4, even 5th worth something and make that win mean something special.

The sesonal events are about worthless to they might aswell just give me the monye when i sign in. No restrictions on tunning rly pd..... most all of them, all you have to do is get they car you are suposed to race and put racing soft tires on it and you will kill the compitition.

more money more exp and way more challange
 
I dislike grinding. Not too much dislike, just that many times I procrastinate because of its tediousness & high to extreme race repeat counts just to get a car you desire. I don't mind doing this, but It's just that It consumes my time too much. Sure, 1 million will only take 1 hour under normal grinding conditions, but this amount of time will just bore me significantly.

It will be awesome if PD would add in more races in the Seasonal Races that rewards a lot of Credits & XP while at the same time being challenging and/or long, being a decent alternative. Maybe the new events can also be champs, tournaments, or repeatable. If not, perhaps PD can place a lot more Credits on the Endurance Races. Like for example: The Grand Valley 100km rewards around 220,000 Credits, right? Maybe with wise & careful reward change, It can be around 400-750k Credits, making it a lot better than the other grinding races. This change can also apply onto the rest of the Endurance races, and of course, with careful reward changes.
 
Agree with thread, rewards need more balance and more A-spec activity. Rewards do not seem to reflect effort and time involved! Grinding get old very quickly - then it is back to Forza
 
For me grinding isn't so much about money. Grinding is trying to race the 200 mile race at Leguna Seca with a bunch of A.I. drivers running 1:45 second and slower lap times. The AI racing is so bad on this game I'm about ready to give up. I ran ten laps of that endurance race with a bone stock 2005 mini and could maintain a comfortable lead. This was against 400 +HP cars with race tires.

To me every race is a grind and unfortunately, I can't play online do to slow internet. Do the developers even play there games anymore. Because some of these mistakes make the game not playable.

I wish they were less worried about rendering the back seats of cars and more worried about making a racing game first, then add the polish later. I'm about ready to go back to NFS Shift, or maybe buy Xbox and try Forza.

This is a playability issue and needs fixed yesterday and is far more important than limits on car trading/gifting.
 
Ya the lack of A Spec events is rediculous. Im going to probobly sound like a hater here and i appolagize in advance but this game is a big disapointment in my opinion. Im a level 28 and have hit the wall where all i have to do now is grind or the endurance races (which are a grind as well). The only Forza i had and played was Forza 2 from what, about 4-5 years ago and that game as far as race content and fun factor was 10 times better than GT5 and they've had 4-5 years to develope GT5!!!??? PD added seasonal events which is a step in the right direction, but the day the seasonal events refresh i complete all of them within an hour or to and then have nothing to do until they refresh again (I won't grind, and i won't do any of the 9hr or 24 hr endurance races until there's some sort of save). I could also vent about the lack of premium cars and the lack of cars that you can race modify but i'll try to stay on topic here...
I agree with pretty much every suggestion i have seen on this thread and i realy hope someone out there will be listening to us. You can have a fun and challenging game without having to grind.
In Forza 2 i was about 5-6 levels from the top rank and i never had to grind and therefor never got sick of the game...I've had GT5 for abot a month and im sick of it, now im just trying to find out if i should waste my money on F1 2010.
 
I restarted a GT4 career today on my ps2. Now there's a lot of content and an incredible lot to do!

The PD apologists keep saying I shouldn't rush through GT5 and it should be played for years to come.... But really, what is there to do in GT5 to keep me busy for months? Redo all the A-spec events 200 times with a Skyline, then with a Miata and finally with a Supra?

The longevity of GT5 is going to be its biggest flaw. Because there will be no longevity.
 
I disagree.
There should be a good balance between effort and reward.
In GT5, that balance is waaayyy off.

You disagree...Grinding is only a problem if you do it, which relates right back to what I originally said about it.

In A spec players can now easily reach level 33 without re-running any races at all, which gives you access to everything but 2 races, which most people won't run until pit stop saves become available. Again, back to what I said about grind whiners and instant gratification. Shame on PD for making those last 2 enduros -somewhat- difficult to unlock :dopey:

Or were you disagreeing with the lack of things to do in A spec...

In GT4, the balance was the other way. Go run w/e that rally race was and sell the prize car for 250K. Make a million credits in approx. 15 minuets. Get that 4.5 million LM car in 1 hour.

Get 25% game completion then run N ring 24 every time you go to bed and speed up time x3. Sell F1 prize car for millions of credits every morning you wake up. GT4 was way too easy to build a garage on. Hell, the only real reason to check the UCD back then was for the black LM's every 700 days. It's obvious to me people expected the above and more to carry over to GT5 due to the amount of grinding discussion.

Eliminatie the grinding, and the community will have no problems with patches like the 1.07 patch.

Grinding and 1.07 have almost nothing to do with each other.

If more than 25% of the prize cars (and any of the race cars) sold for credits 1.07 wouldn't have been a problem. If race series rewarded prize cars everytime they were completed 1.07 wouldn't have been a problem. If PD would have game tested and checked for simple duping exploits 1.07 wouldn't have been a problem.

1.07 is nothing more than another confirmation that PD not only failed at testing the game, but can't even fix the problem.
 
the problem is simply balance. Make it so i have to work for cars an money, but not an huge amount of grinding
 
Back