Removing body panels on cars.

United Kingdom
London
AstonMartinDBR9S
I think it would be nice to remove spoilers and bumpers, as some cars look better without the stock spoiler and some drifters like to remove the front bumper and he the intercooler stick out. What do you guys think.

As long as it changes performance too. Removing a spoiler can have some nasty effects, and it's not just relating to loss of downforce. There's also weight and other things.

Given that PD modeled these parts individually (on some cars) it should be possible.

Maybe when applying weight reduction, interior components would visually be removed, like backseat and audio system etc.

Why not just replace body panels with replacements made of carbon fiber? Carbon fiber doors, side skirts, truck, decklid, roof, etc.

They have done it with the 300SL and the Beetle, though you weirdly have to pay full price of a part to remove it.

If I could remove the fog lights and shave off the license plate carrier on the older and newer FD RX7 respectively though....

If the bumper removal results in exposed engine parts like radiators and intercoolers though, those parts have to be modeled to a good level of detail. I don't think those parts have been modeled on most premos.

Maybe when applying weight reduction, interior components would visually be removed, like backseat and audio system etc.

That is what i have been thinking of, also it should add a rollcage.

Why not just replace body panels with replacements made of carbon fiber? Carbon fiber doors, side skirts, truck, decklid, roof, etc.

Again, another possibility, that would look cool, but, it should have some effect on the weight and the weight distribution.

They have done it with the 300SL and the Beetle, though you weirdly have to pay full price of a part to remove it.

If I could remove the fog lights and shave off the license plate carrier on the older and newer FD RX7 respectively though....

If the bumper removal results in exposed engine parts like radiators and intercoolers though, those parts have to be modeled to a good level of detail. I don't think those parts have been modeled on most premos.

I like what they did to the beetle and SL, but im thinking of removing the whole front bumper of a S13 for instance.

I would like the idea of shaving off exterior detailes, like doorhandles and badges.

Thats half the problem, do PD need the extra stress of having to model a intercooler as well.

gamerdog6482
Now your cooking with fire!!! You could even use carbon parts that had different shapes that add extra down force Front bumper and rear diffuser..

removing wings, not too much to ask for, but if you remove the hood or something it may add a lot of time to development...

Carbon Fiber replacements though = super easy

If fiat500.Skirt = Carbon then
Fiat500.Weight -= 5
Fiat500.skirt.color = Black
end if

What about removing whole parts, like doors and fenders? I would love a naked frame to race around.

i think they should do this and add a Jeep Wrangler.

I wanna drive jeep wrangler with the doors off and the soft top down just for the fun of it. Although i don't think it would be fast with everything off compared to other similar cars. o well :)

5459652548_ae46c3afc4.jpg

Still a fun little car :)

Oh, that last post reminded me, we could remove the roof on convertables if we wanted a perminant convertable, saving weight and the game wont have to ask you (if at all) if you want the roof down in a lobby/race.

Oh, that last post reminded me, we could remove the roof on convertables if we wanted a perminant convertable, saving weight and the game wont have to ask you (if at all) if you want the roof down in a lobby/race.
Why would you want to remove the top? If anything, the performance gained from weight saving is balanced out by the poorer aerodynamics of the car. Assuming, of course, this sort of stuff is part of GT5's physics.

Why would you want to remove the top? If anything, the performance gained from weight saving is balanced out by the poorer aerodynamics of the car. Assuming, of course, this sort of stuff is part of GT5's physics.

Some people like driving convertables, me included.

If you take the roof off yeah it would reduce aerodynamics but aerodynamics take some speed to actually kick in. At low speeds the reduced weight would help but at higher speeds not so much. :)

Back