Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy Super Lap: Twin Ring Motegi East Course

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 98 comments
I am hoping for a nice cargorat tune doon^^ his tunes felt amazing so far, and even if i cant improve my time he always made the cars really fun to drive :)

I am hoping for a nice cargorat tune doon^^ his tunes felt amazing so far, and even if i cant improve my time he always made the cars really fun to drive :)

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_zps767591d5.jpg

Tune link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/renault-sport-megane-r-s-trophy-11.257/

Lap time as of this posting is 1'32.826, good enough for 19th spot on the leaderboard on day 2 of the event. I've taken out as much of the understeer of this FWD car as I could while still keeping it drivable. It corners pretty good for a FWD and I am pretty pleased with how this tune turned out. It has just enough brake oversteer to get it pointed in the right direction for a great corner exit. I also went and tested this tune with a DS3 and ran some pretty respectable lap times with it even with my less than stellar DS3 skills, so hopefully my DS3 friends also find the tune helpful. Good luck everyone, stay fast and don't stop till you get to the top. :cheers:

PLEASE NOTE: I used a different transmission setup process than I normally use so please pay particular attention to the steps given to arrive at the numbers posted. I have 8 different ways to setup transmissions, this one is called my "T-E" trans. 👍

*If you use and find my tunes helpful, please take the time to stop by the above link and rate the tune. I put a lot of time and effort in putting these tunes together and sharing them, all I ask is that you take a second give the tune a rating. The rating button is at the bottom of the page in the link. Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the tunes, very much appreciated, I'll try them tomorrow night,I'm sure they will help me beat the time so easily and save me some time and effort.

Bloody awesome tune Cargo, you've nailed it old son. Can't believe how well it turns under pressure, reminded me of the Pagani car which also turns very well under pressure.
Currently 1:33.898 here.

Edit, now 1:33.734 for pos 145, which will have to do for tonight I'm afraid as the girlfriend is here and you know how it is, it's too high off the ground to eat grass but it's gotta be fed.

Last edited:
I hate ow cars, I hate the damn understeer and I hate this track b'koz you're lap time is depending if u take good the two a chicanes after sector 1!

And on ds3 it's for me impossible to take those chicanes smooth and without any problems. 1.:36.039 so far. I think that's it!

Thanks guys, glad you find the tune helpful. Good luck on future improvements. 👍

@Dalone Since you seem to find my tunes useful, do you think you could at least stop by the above mentioned link and give my tune a rating....I think that's the least you could do. You are like one of the very few that frequents these threads and uses my tunes, or a part of, that hasn't been kind enough to show your appreciation in that way. After all, you are benefitting from my time and effort here. I just think that, that would be a nice gesture on your part, even though I just had to remind you. :sly: :lol:

@iWanchek Try my tune I have posted. I have taken out most of the understeer so it should be a little easier of a drive for you. I myself tested it out on my DS3 and even with my less than stellar DS3 skills, I found it pretty easy to drive with the controller. Just a suggestion. 👍

Last edited:
Well done again Cargo, great tune.

Did a 1:33.0xx as best then made change to toe angles & brake balance and banged in 1:32.580.
21st! (for now)

Toe angles 0.03/-0.03
Brake balance 3/5

May tweak gear ratios slightly yet but very happy at mo.

Well done again Cargo, great tune.

Did a 1:33.0xx as best then made change to toe angles & brake balance and banged in 1:32.580.
21st! (for now)

Toe angles 0.03/-0.03
Brake balance 3/5

May tweak gear ratios slightly yet but very happy at mo.

Thank you and well done on the lap, great effort. I tried lower toe angles and brake balance and it just didn't sit well with my style. I always start low and go from there. Sometimes too much is not good, but in this case, the higher settings work well for me. Good luck the rest of the way and hope you reach your goals. Stay fast. :cheers:

Thank you and well done on the lap, great effort. I tried lower toe angles and brake balance and it just didn't sit well with my style. I always start low and go from there. Sometimes too much is not good, but in this case, the higher settings work well for me. Good luck the rest of the way and hope you reach your goals. Stay fast. :cheers:

Thankyou.
Do you have a link to a post explaining your 8 methods of transmission tuning? i would be most interested in taking a look.

Thankyou.
Do you have a link to a post explaining your 8 methods of transmission tuning? i would be most interested in taking a look.

Sorry I don't have a direct link as they are just different methods I picked up from the forums here and there plus 3 or so I came up with on my own.

This is a fun combo! Currently 1st after a short go with the Magic Mitch tune with a 1:31.648 and there's still a few more tenths left to find out there!

----------
Thanks guys, glad you find the tune helpful. Good luck on future improvements. 👍

@Dalone Since you seem to find my tunes useful, do you think you could at least stop by the above mentioned link and give my tune a rating....I think that's the least you could do. You are like one of the very few that frequents these threads and uses my tunes, or a part of, that hasn't been kind enough to show your appreciation in that way. After all, you are benefitting from my time and effort here. I just think that, that would be a nice gesture on your part, even though I just had to remind you. :sly: :lol:

@iWanchek Try my tune I have posted. I have taken out most of the understeer so it should be a little easier of a drive for you. I myself tested it out on my DS3 and even with my less than stellar DS3 skills, I found it pretty easy to drive with the controller. Just a suggestion. 👍
Sorry about that mate, I usually give credit where it's due right here, as l have already done regarding your excellent tune, but l'm quite happy to rate it wherever you want me too.

----------

Sorry about that mate, I usually give credit where it's due right here, as l have already done regarding your excellent tune, but l'm quite happy to rate it wherever you want me too.

Thank you Dalone, appreciate the kind gesture, its much appreciated. 👍 Good luck to you in the event. :cheers:

Aero Kit:
Type A
Rear Wing:
Custom Wing: Type B
Wheel Model:
OZ Racing Ultralaggera
Wheel Size:
+1
Custom Parts (Other):
Custom Rear Wing
Wing Mount - C (Standard)
Wing - B (Large)
Winglet - D (Large)
Height - n/a
Width - 22

I never used any aero parts Cargo or wheel size upgrades, do you think they make much of a difference? I guess I'll have to try them myself to see, as you must have while working out your tune.

Edit;
Just did another 6-8 laps and improved to 1:33.457 for pos 135. Spent half an hour or so with the Pagani first just to make my thumbs sore.
Anyway I'll add the aero bits and wheel upsize now and see if there is any improvement.

Last edited:
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_zps767591d5.jpg

Tune link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/renault-sport-megane-r-s-trophy-11.257/

Lap time as of this posting is 1'32.826, good enough for 19th spot on the leaderboard on day 2 of the event. I've taken out as much of the understeer of this FWD car as I could while still keeping it drivable. It corners pretty good for a FWD and I am pretty pleased with how this tune turned out. It has just enough brake oversteer to get it pointed in the right direction for a great corner exit. I also went and tested this tune with a DS3 and ran some pretty respectable lap times with it even with my less than stellar DS3 skills, so hopefully my DS3 friends also find the tune helpful. Good luck everyone, stay fast and don't stop till you get to the top. :cheers:

PLEASE NOTE: I used a different transmission setup process than I normally use so please pay particular attention to the steps given to arrive at the numbers posted. I have 8 different ways to setup transmissions, this one is called my "T-E" trans. 👍

*If you use and find my tunes helpful, please take the time to stop by the above link and rate the tune. I put a lot of time and effort in putting these tunes together and sharing them, all I ask is that you take a second give the tune a rating. The rating button is at the bottom of the page in the link. Thanks guys, appreciate it.

cheers for the tune. My first go with my set up was 1:37.2, gave yours ago, but couple little tweeks for my style, down too 36.8, second try. More room for improvement.

I hate ow cars, I hate the damn understeer and I hate this track b'koz you're lap time is depending if u take good the two a chicanes after sector 1!

And on ds3 it's for me impossible to take those chicanes smooth and without any problems. 1.:36.039 so far. I think that's it!

Let's keep in mind that we don't do text speak here. 👍

Did a few laps last night with the aero bits/wheel upsize but I could not say the car seemed faster or any easier to handle. Of course it may be there are incremental improvements which are practically imperceptible but are helping all the same. I just don't know, however as they do not attract a penalty in the PP dep't I'll continue using them until I hear they are detrimental to the cars performance.
And I loaded Doodles ghost last night and wow, does he travel, anyway I see he is using the wing so expect he is also using Cargo's other additions too. If it's good enough for him how could I say otherwise.
Perhaps he may comment on their usefulness?

Did a few laps last night with the aero bits/wheel upsize but I could not say the car seemed faster or any easier to handle. Of course it may be there are incremental improvements which are practically imperceptible but are helping all the same. I just don't know, however as they do not attract a penalty in the PP dep't I'll continue using them until I hear they are detrimental to the cars performance.
And I loaded Doodles ghost last night and wow, does he travel, anyway I see he is using the wing so expect he is also using Cargo's other additions too. If it's good enough for him how could I say otherwise.
Perhaps he may comment on their usefulness?

I don't know if the wing helped or not since I've only done one session. I just slapped on Cargo's tune and went for it. :lol:

I will my friend. I wasn't here for a whole that's why I didn't see you're tune.
Will try it for sure.

View attachment 153559
Haus of Flying Daggers

Car: Renault Sport Megane RS Trophy '11
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 282 BHP @ 5500 Rpm / 39.6kgfm @ 3000 Rpm
Weight: 1239 kg
Performance Points: 460 PP
Tires: CS
Weight Distribution: 62:38
Suspension : (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 115 Rear: 100
Spring Rate: Front: 6.70 kg Rear: 7.40 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 5 Rear: 1
Dampers (Extension): Front: 10 Rear: 1
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 5 Rear: 7
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.1° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.16° Rear: 0.00°
Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 5 R: 6
Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)

Set final to 3.150
Set max to 112
Set in sequence (6-5-4-3-2-1)

Speed: 112 mph
1: 4.220
2: 2.997
3: 2.307
4: 1.861
5: 1.494
6: 1.245
Final: 2.770
Differential Gear:Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff
Initial Torque: F= 7
Acceleration Sensitivity: F= 23
Braking Sensitivity: F= 9
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Standard
Power

Oil Change:
Yes
Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage: Standard
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No
Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce:
Weight Reduction:
Stage 2
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Standard
Ballast: 38 kg
Ballast position: 0
I think this may be the first one of your tunes I have tried and I'm glad I did. It was a pleasure to drive, I love how smooth this car feels everywhere on the track. 👍

I hope you don't mind, I used your parts build as a base for my tune as it just seemed to pull better than the version I had been working on(Full weight reduction and less power.) and that ballast came in real handy...:cheers:

I think this may be the first one of your tunes I have tried and I'm glad I did. It was a pleasure to drive, I love how smooth this car feels everywhere on the track. 👍

I hope you don't mind, I used your parts build as a base for my tune as it just seemed to pull better than the version I had been working on(Full weight reduction and less power.) and that ballast came in real handy...:cheers:
Glad you enjoyed it.
As a general rule I would always favour less weight over more power if trying to build to a PP limit, more so with FF cars because taking them over 300bhp tends to ruin the handling. The exception to this would be if the base car has very little torque and the course has a lot of big inclines (eg. Bathurst/Matterhorn), or really long straights (eg. Circuit de la Sarthe) where the extra BHP is more beneficial.

Latest Posts

Back