Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy Super Lap: Twin Ring Motegi East Course

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 98 comments
I really did, it was a pleasant drive. It's so easy to control and just flows through the bends. I think I will be able to go a lot quicker than I have already if I get some more miles done with it, I feel I'm not quite as smooth a driver as the car needs, to get the best out of it. Cracking tune, great work!👍

It's something I need to keep in mind! I will almost always use the full weight reduction unless the car is already very light to make pp limits and FF cars I rarely use. So I'm a little weary of having too much power, those poor front tyres put up with a enough abuse with my driving style as it is.

Here is a preview of what I am working on for the Seasonal OPs. :D
Its not done yet, still in draft, maybe tomorrow, let me know what you think.

So you know best times to attack your competitors.
Catch them when their bleary-eyed. :sly:

Dates are for previous Seasonal
draft_-jpg.155397

Last edited:
Since only having the one session on Thursday with a stock car to grab the gold, then adding the necessary parts to set a faster time with just a basic tune, I decided to have another go at this again this evening/morning.

Really enjoyed this 250 mile run, and with plenty of tuning adjustments to smooth out the lines of Motegi East, I have got my previous time down by .9 to a 1:32.985 for now. :D

Got to say I am absolutely woeful at FWD cars. At least Mitch's tune made it almost driveable - thanks mate 👍

So watching the top replay I see he has no wing and the crazy high front, low rear setup. He is also braking much later than what I can. Maybe using some rear ballast as well?

Got to say I am absolutely woeful at FWD cars. At least Mitch's tune made it almost driveable - thanks mate 👍

So watching the top replay I see he has no wing and the crazy high front, low rear setup. He is also braking much later than what I can. Maybe using some rear ballast as well?

You're welcome and thank you. As for the wing, I was about .200 faster with it than without in my testing. Maybe I'll re-test it again tomorrow. And yea, I've noticed that about the braking...I tried braking at his same spot and I severely overshoot that first turn so I'm not real sure how he is able to brake so late. Maybe its his downshifts that's helping, I don't know. Getting almost anyone of those guys to share a tune is like pulling teeth. :lol: :crazy: I either get ignored or given some lame excuse so I have just given up asking any of them for help.

You're welcome and thank you. As for the wing, I was about .200 faster with it than without in my testing. Maybe I'll re-test it again tomorrow. And yea, I've noticed that about the braking...I tried braking at his same spot and I severely overshoot that first turn so I'm not real sure how he is able to brake so late. Maybe its his downshifts that's helping, I don't know. Getting almost anyone of those guys to share a tune is like pulling teeth. :lol: :crazy: I either get ignored or given some lame excuse so I have just given up asking any of them for help.

I noticed when changing the BB from 0/10 to 5/10 it definitely reduced the braking distance. Maybe running a neutral BB (eg. 5/5) with some rear ballast might work ok? Will have a play later :D

I noticed when changing the BB from 0/10 to 5/10 it definitely reduced the braking distance. Maybe running a neutral BB (eg. 5/5) with some rear ballast might work ok? Will have a play later :D

Will give it a try, thanks.

It's not easy to drive a front wheel drive car with 250hp, but I still managed the Gold. Key here is getting an early turn in.

-----------
Since only having the one session on Thursday with a stock car to grab the gold, then adding the necessary parts to set a faster time with just a basic tune, I decided to have another go at this again this evening/morning.

Really enjoyed this 250 mile run, and with plenty of tuning adjustments to smooth out the lines of Motegi East, I have got my previous time down by .9 to a 1:32.985 for now. :D
You certainly have made an improvement Nowcontrol. Using Doodles ghost to chase I was usually the first one behind him, in front of Cargo, Stewyripper and yourself, until today. You are now in the lead behind him and only occasionally can I get in front of you.
My being in the lead behind Doodles only ever lasted until the r/hander before the bridge, and that remains where you and Cargo and often Stewy, usually get in front of me. I just haven't nutted out how to take that corner well enough to stay in front, notwithstanding I'm nearly always in the lead at the first and second turns from the start, and that's often in front of Doodles too.
Anyway I too have improved a tad, now on 1:33:106.
If you have the time or inclination I wouldn't mind a look at your tune, I'm using Cargo's which itself is excellent but am always interested in any advantages, regardless of how slight.

Tried the Praiano tune and getting similar time to Mitch's - 132.7xx. I've found adding ballast (42kg) to the front (-50) improves cornering on the Praiano tune but fit the sports catalytic converter rather than the sports computer as the converter is a bit faster from my testing.

1:32,326 with the DS3 (using CargoRatt's setup)
3rd in Greece & 37th overall. I think I can find a tenth from the first sector though...
PSN: jontikis

Edit: I found more than a tenth... 1:32,170
1st in Greece & 27th overall
That lap was very tough, especially for the standards of a DS3 user like me. :D

Last edited:
Finally managed to get gold on this one. This is the setup I used:

Tires: Comfort Soft F/R

Suspension: Fully Customizable
Ride Height: Front: 115in./Rear: 110in.
Spring Rate: Front: 7.43/Rear: 5.29
Dampers (Compression/Extension): Front: 3/Rear: 6
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 2/Rear: 4
Camber Angle: Front: 3.0/Rear: 0
Toe Angle: Front: -0.50/Rear: 0
Brakes: Racing
Brake Balance: Front: 2/Rear: 10

Transmission: Fully Customizable
Max. Speed: 130mph
Final Gear Ratio: 5.000

Differential Gear: Fully Customizable
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 5
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple-Plate

Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Exhaust: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports

Body Kit: 1
Rear Wing:

Downforce: 20
Ballast Weight: 200kg
Ballast Position: 50%
Weight Reduction: Stage 2
Hood: Carbon-Fiber
Windows: Weight Reduction

Performance Points: 460PP
Max. Power: 306hp @ 5,900rpm
Max. Torque: 290ft-lb @ 4,400rpm
Weight: 1,391kg
F/R Weight Distribution: 55:45
Power-to-Weight Ratio: 4.54kg/hp

Active Steering: Off
Traction Control: 5
ASM: Off
ABS: 1
Skid Recovery Force: Off

Results: 1:36.966

It took me 4 laps to earn the gold with this setup.

Finally managed to get gold on this one. This is the setup I used:

Tires: Comfort Soft F/R

Suspension: Fully Customizable
Ride Height: Front: 115in./Rear: 110in.
Spring Rate: Front: 7.43/Rear: 5.29
Dampers (Compression/Extension): Front: 3/Rear: 6
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 2/Rear: 4
Camber Angle: Front: 3.0/Rear: 0
Toe Angle: Front: -0.50/Rear: 0
Brakes: Racing
Brake Balance: Front: 2/Rear: 10

Transmission: Fully Customizable
Max. Speed: 130mph
Final Gear Ratio: 5.000

Differential Gear: Fully Customizable
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 5
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple-Plate

Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Exhaust: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports

Body Kit: 1
Rear Wing:

Downforce: 20
Ballast Weight: 200kg
Ballast Position: 50%
Weight Reduction: Stage 2
Hood: Carbon-Fiber
Windows: Weight Reduction

Performance Points: 460PP
Max. Power: 306hp @ 5,900rpm
Max. Torque: 290ft-lb @ 4,400rpm
Weight: 1,391kg
F/R Weight Distribution: 55:45
Power-to-Weight Ratio: 4.54kg/hp

Active Steering: Off
Traction Control: 5
ASM: Off
ABS: 1
Skid Recovery Force: Off

Results: 1:36.966

It took me 4 laps to earn the gold with this setup.
Great that you made gold BJ, however have you tried Cargo's tune? I believe the general consensus for this race/car is that little or no ballast produces the best results.
Might be worth giving it a go, anyway gold is gold, way to go.

Great that you made gold BJ, however have you tried Cargo's tune? I believe the general consensus for this race/car is that little or no ballast produces the best results.
Might be worth giving it a go, anyway gold is gold, way to go.

Thanks for the shout out Dalone, appreciate it.

You certainly have made an improvement Nowcontrol. Using Doodles ghost to chase I was usually the first one behind him, in front of Cargo, Stewyripper and yourself, until today. You are now in the lead behind him and only occasionally can I get in front of you.
If you have the time or inclination I wouldn't mind a look at your tune, I'm using Cargo's which itself is excellent but am always interested in any advantages, regardless of how slight.

:D Got my time down to a 1:32.521 not long after that....
But since the 1.07 update, I have been busy with the new BMW TT and re-learning my drift technique for the drift trial and hadn't quite finished fiddling with this tune yet, but now I think it is done. I cannot get much more out of it tho I can get in front of my ghost up to that right turn after the first split, but then I seem to gradually lose all that I had gained and end up crossing the line one or two tenths behind!

But anyway, here is my final tune....please give it all you've got and let me know how it works for you.

Twin Ring Motegi East Course [TT#12].jpg

Mégane R.S. Trophy '11 @ 460PP [1].jpg Mégane R.S. Trophy '11 @ 460PP [2].jpg Mégane R.S. Trophy '11 @ 460PP [3].jpg

EDIT: Correct tab A pics added.

Last edited:
But since the 1.07 update, I have been busy with the new BMW TT and re-learning my drift technique for the drift trial and hadn't quite finished fiddling with this tune yet, but now I think it is done. I cannot get much more out of it tho I can get in front of my ghost up to that right turn after the first split, but then I seem to gradually lose all that I had gained and end up crossing the line one or two tenths behind!

But anyway, here is my final tune....please give it all you've got and let me know how it works for you.

View attachment 157736

View attachment 157750 View attachment 157751 View attachment 157752
Is it possible to get it bigger? Numbers are blurred and will be quessing.
Little bit bigger ,if possible.

Mots

Is it possible to get it bigger? Numbers are blurred and will be quessing.
Little bit bigger ,if possible.

Mots
If you click on the tune it will come up enlarged, Mots.

Gave your tune a run Nowcontrol, did about 1/2 hour without any improvement. I found that it worked better with the catalytic converter rather than the sports computer and also that the gearbox worked far better that way also. Overall I was pretty much able to keep my pace (with the computer changed) however felt the need to adjust other things too. In the end I switched back to Cargo's tune and on my first lap took off a couple of hundredths. I think Cargo's tune suits my driving style better and so I'll likely stick with it.
Thanks for sharing mate, appreciate it.

Last edited:

View attachment 157736

View attachment 157750 View attachment 157751 View attachment 157752

Thanks for posting your tune, I improved my time using your suspension settings 👍 ( 0 camber on rear)

I'm using catalytic converter and no ballast. 97.5% power. All weight reductions. LSD 5/24/12 (almost the same).

Trans

112mph

1. 2.977
2. 2.020
3. 1.518
4. 1.205
5. 0.998
6. 0.857

FG 4.000

I don't use second gear, third seems to be ok for the slower corners.

Give it a go if you like :)

Thanks again for posting your tune. 👍

Like SW above I found cornering in 3rd (Cargo's tune) quicker than when I was dropping down to 2nd to help slow down.

I'm finished for the night and have improved again, down into the 1:32's. 1:32.990 to be exact. And I have been up to nearly 2 tenths in front of my ghost at the last checkpoint only to lose it on that l/hander, probably because I sometimes drop down to 2nd. Bloody thumbs are sore.

Gave your tune a run Nowcontrol, did about 1/2 hour without any improvement. I found that it worked better with the catalytic converter rather than the sports computer and also that the gearbox worked far better that way also.

I'm using catalytic converter and no ballast. 97.5% power. All weight reductions.

I had already tried it like that with the catalytic converter and/or no ballast and it is somehow slower for me. With the catalytic converter I never catch up with my ghost, even with the 1hp extra, The little bit of extra torque from the computer gets me out of the corners quicker and so am slightly faster down the straights the way it is now. And as I said, I have tried all sorts of other little adjustments but without any further improvement.

👍

Back