Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy Super Lap: Twin Ring Motegi East Course

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 98 comments
-------------------
I had already tried it like that with the catalytic converter and/or no ballast and it is somehow slower for me. With the catalytic converter I never catch up with my ghost, even with the 1hp extra, The little bit of extra torque from the computer gets me out of the corners quicker and so am slightly faster down the straights the way it is now. And as I said, I have tried all sorts of other little adjustments but without any further improvement.

👍
Using your gearbox Nowcontrol I found much of 6th gear unused. Was that intentional, and if so can you remember why you did it that way? And as I said earlier, when I changed from the computer to the catalytic converter, the gears, 6th specifically, seemed to work better. I thought you may have set up the gearbox using the catalytic converter but posted the computer by mistake.

Had a first try today, used the tune by @GTP_CargoRatt , managed 1.32.1. Then tried the suspension setup by @praiano63 (gearbox etc. felt spot on so I rendered it useless to change it), did'nt feel faster tho, so I tried to merge them a bit. It did feel faster, but also harder to put a lap together. Changed setup slightly, and increased front brake bias to 4. felt pretty good. Did a few laps and got down to 1.31.8. Not happy with that tho, 1.31.5 seems possible for me so I'll aim for that.

Using your gearbox Nowcontrol I found much of 6th gear unused. Was that intentional, and if so can you remember why you did it that way? And as I said earlier, when I changed from the computer to the catalytic converter, the gears, 6th specifically, seemed to work better. I thought you may have set up the gearbox using the catalytic converter but posted the computer by mistake.

Actually, you are partly right there because I think the pics where taken just after I had done testing with multiple power parts including the catalytic converter and more ballast, so when I reverted the power parts and ballast I forgot to revert 1st, 2nd and the final gear which should be at....1st:2.500, 2nd:1.850 and Final:4.500 for the computer only tune. 👍

The pics are of the B tab which is what I use for testing different tweaks for the tune on the A tab, things that are better/faster get added to the A tab......The pics should have been of the A tab. [DOH!] I'll get the pics replaced later today.

If you click on the tune it will come up enlarged, Mots.

Gave your tune a run Nowcontrol, did about 1/2 hour without any improvement. I found that it worked better with the catalytic converter rather than the sports computer and also that the gearbox worked far better that way also. Overall I was pretty much able to keep my pace (with the computer changed) however felt the need to adjust other things too. In the end I switched back to Cargo's tune and on my first lap took off a couple of hundredths. I think Cargo's tune suits my driving style better and so I'll likely stick with it.
Thanks for sharing mate, appreciate it.
Thank You somuch!

Mots

Actually, you are partly right there because I think the pics where taken just after I had done testing with multiple power parts including the catalytic converter and more ballast, so when I reverted the power parts and ballast I forgot to revert 1st, 2nd and the final gear which should be at....1st:2.500, 2nd:1.850 and Final:4.500 for the computer only tune. 👍

The pics are of the B tab which is what I use for testing different tweaks for the tune on the A tab, things that are better/faster get added to the A tab......The pics should have been of the A tab. [DOH!] I'll get the pics replaced later today.
OK 'Now', I might try the new gear set up and see how it goes, thanks.

OK 'Now', I might try the new gear set up and see how it goes, thanks.

👍 I hope it is helpful and faster for you. I Have now added the correct pics to the post for my tune.

Trans

112mph

1. 2.977
2. 2.020
3. 1.518
4. 1.205
5. 0.998
6. 0.857

FG 4.000

I have loaded this ratio into my B tab now and will shortly give a test run to see if it has any advantage over my own set ratio. 👍

The rear camber and ballast along with the toe settings are there purely to help with the lift off and flick rotation into the turns which leads to faster exits, it just does not work so well without those two additions.

Last edited:
Booyah!:D 1:31.459 might not seem that impressive, but for me it's a great achievement, because:
a.) I'm never competitive on this track, I don't know why, I kind of like it, but I always struggle to keep up here.
b.) I never use FWD so I always struggle with them aswell.
c.) I did'nt have a good setup to go on, I was trying all kinds of extreme setups, but reverting to a conventional setup felt the fastest.

Oh, and thanks @GTP_CargoRatt for a great base-tune! it helped.:)

et_
Booyah!:D 1:31.459 might not seem that impressive, but for me it's a great achievement, because:
a.) I'm never competitive on this track, I don't know why, I kind of like it, but I always struggle to keep up here.
b.) I never use FWD so I always struggle with them aswell.
c.) I did'nt have a good setup to go on, I was trying all kinds of extreme setups, but reverting to a conventional setup felt the fastest.

Oh, and thanks @GTP_CargoRatt for a great base-tune! it helped.:)

You're welcome and congrats on the lap, well done. :cheers:

Back