Renault Sport Race Series (Finished)PS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 230 comments
See you all tomorrow.
Just a note of something you may not be used to.

Since there's multiple races now remember not to press Return To Race Central between each one. You'll return to the lobby automatically when I exit the results screen and then be ready for the next race (change car etc). If you do exit out by mistake the same invite will get you back in. I'll wait. ;)

GT has much better online options for hosts and players. Practice, text chat, quick track and car changes etc . You could make a excellent game combining the best bits of both titles. :)

Results from Hockenheim

Hockenheim Megane MON.jpg

Hockenheim RS01 MON.jpg

Mugello is a great circuit and really suits these cars, especially the RS - you can get it up to to top speed in 7th gear! Just remember to brake.

After some (enjoyable) testing...

The MĂ©gane (sprint) races around the short variation - 12 laps
The RS 01 around the GP layout - 12 laps

(I'd recommend at least practising the short track otherwise you might end up driving into the pits. :))

The default date for the circuit will be used with the times adjusted to suit both cars tyre types.

See you in Italy.

Thanks for letting me race at Hockenheim. It was really fun and intense.
I had some great wheel-to-wheel action with @AndreasR in the first Megane sprint race
and he and I also had a good fight in another series the following night :D

A strange crash there at the start of the second Megane race.

The RS 01 race was super fun and that engine sounds incredible. I noticed that I was awarded the win
but the true winner was @lancerevoo
I was second to cross the finish line.

Paul, do you know why the game decided to hand @lancerevoo a 20-second penalty at the start?
It would be good for everyone to know what caused the penalty so that it doesn't have to happen to anyone again.
I never noticed anything that would trigger such a penalty.

It was indeed a jump rolling start, he mentioned it in the PSN chat. He must have (just) crossed the line before the lights went green. It's probably best if we slow down a little before the line to prevent it happening again. The pole sitter should decide when to go not those behind.

Actually it's a long lap with a long start straight at Mugello so we should hopefully be fine there.

Just a quick note to let you all know that "Need for Speed Payback" is a free download at the moment. It might be rubbish, but if you have the space it might be worth downloading - Note it is quite large at 24GB. I haven't had time to try it yet and will quickly delete it if it is as bad as the last NFS that I tried.

Sorry I didn't cancel the race, but my mom passed away and it was a roller coaster ride for me last week :(
She was in a lot of pain so it's good for her and so for me đź‘Ť
Hope to join again on Monday... something else on my mind.

Looking forward to being back on track tomorrow. Not sure if I'll last the
Sorry I didn't cancel the race, but my mom passed away and it was a roller coaster ride for me last week :(
She was in a lot of pain so it's good for her and so for me đź‘Ť
Hope to join again on Monday... something else on my mind.

I'm sorry for your loss Don and can just offer my condolences with the rest of the group

Sorry, I'm a little late in posting this up.

Today's races at NĂĽrburgring will all be 9 lap events of both the sprint short and full GP layouts. The default date will be used again but with different times of day to help the tyres.

Try not to crash at the 1st corner, especially in the sprint races! ;)

Would you be up for hosting a one lap non-championship race around the Nordschleife after the R.S. 01 endurance race is finished?
It would only take a few a few option changes to do that, so yes. I'd particularly have to remember to remove the 9 laps and qualifying!

Although it's late for him @Napalm_LT might be interested in that. I think he likes the track!

I'm not sure if everyone reads this so it might be best to stick a message on the PSN thread also.

It would only take a few a few option changes to do that, so yes. I'd particularly have to remember to remove the 9 laps and qualifying!

Although it's late for him @Napalm_LT might be interested in that. I think he likes the track!

I'm not sure if everyone reads this so it might be best to stick a message on the PSN thread also.
I like Nordschleife (I am not quick on it, but it doesn't matter), also I don't like R. S. 01, but I am in :)

I'd particularly have to remember to remove the 9 laps and qualifying!
Oh yes and I must remove that too. It would be a nice slow drive in the country admiring the scenery though.
Sorry for giving you a bunch of extra work this evening, Paul. :scared:

I do remember you were a weather wizard on GT6 and PC1 at getting that perfect sunset over the Nordschleife trees as the lap was coming to a close. You had developed the perfect formula for getting the evening sky just spot on with the clouds being in that blissfully pink-ish, red-ish hue. đź‘Ť

Back