Renown Tuning ™ WTC 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two cars and two tracks. Interesting, more play than usual. But still confusing with that average lap times I don't get it.

Two cars and two tracks. Interesting, more play than usual. But still confusing with that average lap times I don't get it.

No, you're only averaging the speed runs done during the Standing Mile portion of R9. When doing the portion with the Zonda R it's the same as every other previous round. For the drag portion (read over this as many times as you need to and ask anything further if something remains unclear) you can also run as many times as you absolutely want or need to, but, you should keep a record of all of the runs so you can have a record of your fastest clocks.

Say, for example I do ten runs and decide to stop (and I'm actually refining the idea now; check above) and I end up with the following:

R1: 233
R2: 212
R3: 245
R4: 227
R5: 201
R6: 187
R7: 236
R8: 244
R9: 255
R10: 252

Now, I would take my two fastest runs and my absolute slowest, which would be 255, 252, and 187. You add those together, divide by three and you'll end up with my average speed during my session. That's what I'd submit (in addition to the Zonda R time).

This is probably the question you were waiting for; how are we supposed to run the second half of the round without the Speedhunters pack? Or can we run just half of it?

This is probably the question you were waiting for; how are we supposed to run the second half of the round without the Speedhunters pack? Or can we run just half of it?

Not quite, but isn't the pack on PSN now? Better still, isn't PSN back up?

So we're expected to purchase the pack for this round? 👎

Was this "👎" really necessary?

If you don't want the pack then don't buy it. I'm not holding a gun to your head or anything.

As far as I'm aware the competition is supposed to be accessible to people. Running rounds on the DLC which is, as far as I'm aware the least popular of the two DLC's, is in my mind slightly ridiculous.

I know your not forcing me to compete, but it does restrict people entering. I can't see why a round like this couldn't have waited until the next WTC series when more people might have the DLC.

Just my personal opinion. But it is your competition, run it the way you want.

Last edited:
What about the points? Are you giving bonus points to those people who submit pagani results? What about those who dont' submit it?

I also wouldn't wnat any events requiring DLC's, but you're the organizator so do it however you'd like. I personally like drag racing, but 10 bucks for 10 liveries and couple of straight lines tracks?! SMS can keep it to themselves.

He can't please everyone. People want DLC involved in this & others don't. So either way people will be displeased.

No, you're only averaging the speed runs done during the Standing Mile portion of R9. When doing the portion with the Zonda R it's the same as every other previous round. For the drag portion (read over this as many times as you need to and ask anything further if something remains unclear) you can also run as many times as you absolutely want or need to, but, you should keep a record of all of the runs so you can have a record of your fastest clocks.

Say, for example I do ten runs and decide to stop (and I'm actually refining the idea now; check above) and I end up with the following:

R1: 233
R2: 212
R3: 245
R4: 227
R5: 201
R6: 187
R7: 236
R8: 244
R9: 255
R10: 252

Now, I would take my two fastest runs and my absolute slowest, which would be 255, 252, and 187. You add those together, divide by three and you'll end up with my average speed during my session. That's what I'd submit (in addition to the Zonda R time).

Thanks man 👍 Now i got it.

1. Buy Zonda R, use tune Like the wind and went for it on Mount Panorama. Submit fastest lap time, for example 2:00.000

2. Buy Speed Hunters DLC Pack, and pick Huraya, and then try to achieve as many fastest speeds so the average could be as higher as possible 👍

Cool. Now I have a purpose for that DLC. Good thing I've been filling my bank account... back to Pagani :)

As far as I'm aware the competition is supposed to be accessible to people. Running rounds on the DLC which is, as far as I'm aware the least popular of the two DLC's, is in my mind slightly ridiculous.

I know your not forcing me to compete, but it does restrict people entering. I can't see why a round like this couldn't have waited until the next WTC series when more people might have the DLC.

Just my personal opinion. But it is your competition, run it the way you want.

I do apologize for coming off the way that I did. I just took slight offense to the "👎", especially coming from you. :lol:

But you can still compete and earn full points for the time trial portion of the Special Event see further down for more details.

Pack is not yet available for PC, btw. I want to buy it, but I cant.

It won't affect anyone's overall standing much at all. I took all of that into consideration beforehand; I keep telling you guys I've got everything covered. Which is why...

What about the points? Are you giving bonus points to those people who submit pagani results? What about those who dont' submit it?

I also wouldn't wnat any events requiring DLC's, but you're the organizator so do it however you'd like. I personally like drag racing, but 10 bucks for 10 liveries and couple of straight lines tracks?! SMS can keep it to themselves.

...You'll only earn one (1) additional point when submitting for the standing mile portion of the Special Event, regardless of where you stand (and there will be a separate leaderboard for that as well). You either gain one or lose one.

I have yet to try the Zonda R tune but even stock this car is amazing. It took me a awhile get used to it because it demands to be riden very hard to stay on the ground :D

After that I took several seconds off my previous best. And my PS3 did not freeze despite speeds in excess of 300km/h :nervous:

Final veredict: Love the car, need to know the track better but I'm already enjoying it.

Lets see how i'll do in Águeda (300kms from where I am now :D) AND special thanks for including a portuguese round in the WTC 👍

Well i had three very good fast laps and on 3rd Split time game froze in the same place three times, maybe i should drive slower.

But also i had good laps without froze so i think it's random. And i love the car and the track 👍

Well i had three very good fast laps and on 3rd Split time game froze in the same place three times, maybe i should drive slower.

But also i had good laps without froze so i think it's random. And i love the car and the track 👍

Try to update your PS3 to the latest firmware. It supposed to fiz stability issues with "certain games". Who knows... its worth the shot.

I'm confused... the huayra tune is for drag but the event us for standing mile? I'm in my phone so I might be missing something or I'm using the wrong link...

I'm confused... the huayra tune is for drag but the event us for standing mile? I'm in my phone so I might be missing something or I'm using the wrong link...

Yeah, you missed the "(SM)" suffix. :P

Just checked. I didn't do anything wrong except driving in a straight line :D

I thought something was wrong because the 7th gear can't be used and I have to be VERY careful not to press more than 50% of the throttle.

I'll try it once more though, I don't want to say I can't do three full runs in a row without crashing :D

[edit]

Ok, I got the hang of it after tweaking the LSD and the gears ratio. Now I can't play it because it always freezes above 370km/h.

I'll send my times anyway since I was able to do 3 very (slow?) runs in a row.

Again, kudos for the Portuguese bit in WTC. I really appreciated it 👍

I'm back to my beloved Zonda R :D

[/edit]

Last edited:
I haven't even touch Shift 2 last week. To bust with HP :lol: & the weekend was COD map pack w/ double XP plus I just bought the new Motorstorm. Guess I ain't doing this round. Well back to watching One Piece.

I cant submit time from Huraya Speed Run :/ every time ill try to play, i cant even finish a single run because game keeps freezing on my. I did update firmware to newest one and this happens all the time.

Good thing i was focusing on my Zonda R lap time and didn't have such problems

Code:
[SIZE="2"][B][U]Round 10[/U][/B] - Begins 12:20 AM, June 15th

Course: Nurburgring 
 Layout: Nordschleife
 Corners: 38

Vehicle: BMW M1 Procar
 Tune: User-defined

[U]Unique Restrictions[/U]

Event Type: Time Attack
 Time of Day: Day
 Time Limit: User-defined 
 Transmission: User-defined
 Driving Line: User-defined
 Traction Control: Off
 ABS: User-defined

Round 10 Ends - 12:55 AM June 25th[/SIZE]

Results and calendar updates to follow shortly.

Also, you won't find this in the Results Thread until later in the day, so, keep a look here until then.

I'm glad you like good challenges. This time it's

Nurburgring.jpg
+

This time track is much longer than usual one minute and a half, or average two minutes. And for this reason there is three extra days of lapping famous Ring. Round 10 was extended from usual 7 days up to 10 👍

Lap time submitted, i work hard as always. Ill hope more people participated this time.

Bad news, folks...

My PC is currently in a non-functioning state, so the remaining two rounds of the WTC are officially on indefinite hiatus. Things will return to normal as soon as I've gotten everything back in working order, and I'll try to update the results this weekend but don't depend too much on it. Someone do me a favor and pass this message over to the RT thread, I really can't be bothered posting another long message from my iPod touch.

Thanks.

Now that things are back in order the remaining two rounds are no longer in hiatus, however, there will be a short break before R11 goes up. I'm currently trying to think up something unique to close the competition with...but that's not the reason for the break. At current, I think I'll be able to get R11 up by Friday. If I can't think of anything worthwhile then it'll likely be up sooner.

Romknight and myself were battling hard during last two rounds (9 and 10) and there is still results missing from this two rounds.

Are you planning to post those missing results? We are also like to know your lap times too. We're still fighting for champion Crown 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back