Renown Tuning ™ WTC 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course the results for R10 are missing. :P

As for 9, yeah, I'll update everything.

You may have noticed the delay, no thanks in part to the problem that initiated the overall delay in the first place - the case I brought. Anyhoo, R11 goes up tomorrow as does the results for the previous two rounds (R9 and 10) and hopefully my ideas on how to close the series turn out well.

Code:
[SIZE="2"][B][U]Round 11 Finals "The Spirit of Performance"[/U][/B] - Begins 12:20 AM, July 3rd

Course: Dubai Autodrome
 Layout: National Course
 Corners: 16

Vehicle: Koenigsegg CCX
 Tune: User-defined; Must be Works Converted

[U]Unique Restrictions[/U]

Event Type: Time Attack
 Time of Day: Day
 Time Limit: User-defined 
 Transmission: User-defined
 Driving Line: User-defined
 Traction Control: Off
 ABS: User-defined

Round 11 Ends - 12:55 AM July 11th[/SIZE]

Have to admit, when I first saw this round I was preparing myself for a pretty miserable round of hard to control cars around a pretty dreadful circuit (in comparison to some of the tracks on this game anyway).

However, I've been pleasantly surprised. The Koenigsegg is superb to drive, it's really easy to push the car to the absolute limit (especially when brakes & tyres have warmed up). Although it's quite twitchy sometimes it's also relatively easy to catch before anything major happens. I'm really impressed with it! And it looks mean too.

I'm not so keen on the track, but this is mainly due to one particular section. I really, really hate the bit just after a relatively short straight which goes from a right hander into a S-Shape pattern going on a incline, followed shortly by a bump. I can't get the car where I want it to be in that section of track, it's really annoying!

I'm starting to get quicker though...I'm enjoying this round, good work. :)

seems im too late for this season but would definately like to be included the next time you do this series.

I'm not so keen on the track, but this is mainly due to one particular section. I really, really hate the bit just after a relatively short straight which goes from a right hander into a S-Shape pattern going on a incline, followed shortly by a bump. I can't get the car where I want it to be in that section of track, it's really annoying!

I'm starting to get quicker though...I'm enjoying this round, good work. :)
Lap time submitted. That S-Shape pattern was a hard corner to crack it, my entire car was tunned just for this one corner. I've noticed that this is the place where you can loose all or gain everything. And I'm happy that round 11 is over cause i like CCX 👍 but not Works Converted :yuck: Car is hard to handle in stock setup but when Works Converted it suddenly becomes soft and easy.

Code:
[SIZE="2"][B][U]Round 12 Finale "JGTC vs. SuperGT - Battle of the GT-R"[/U][/B] - Begins 12:10 AM, July 11th

Course: Suzuka International Racing Course
 Layout: GP Circuit
 Corners: 17

Vehicles: Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32, R34, and R35)
 Tune: User-defined; ALL must be Works Converted

[U]Unique Restrictions[/U]

Event Type: Time Attack
 Time of Day: Night
 Time Limit: User-defined 
 Transmission: User-defined
 Driving Line: User-defined
 Traction Control: Off
 ABS: User-defined

[U]Unique Paramaters[/U]

- The goal is to trot around Suzuka in all three racing chassis' in the absolute fastest 
time possible, respective of all three vehicles. However, those three times will then be 
averaged and the lowest average trial time wins the finale. 

- All points paying positions in this finale are doubled. 

- When submitting your final entry for the WTC 3 please use the following format: 

R32, Works Converted: (Time 1: X:XX.XXX)
           R34, Works Converted (Time 2: X:XX.XXX)
           R35, Works Converted (Time 3: X:XX.XXX)

Average Trial Time: X:XX.XXX

WTC 3 Ends - 12:55 AM July 29th[/SIZE]

So this is it 👍 Last round. After this i can rest a little and then if there will be another WTC in shift 2 i will take part as well :)

Interesting. Should be fun, I quite like the R32 Works Converted (not sure on the others as I haven't driven them!).

Just out interest, when are the results for Round 11 up?

Interesting. Should be fun, I quite like the R32 Works Converted (not sure on the others as I haven't driven them!).

Just out interest, when are the results for Round 11 up?

I did some work with Office Excel and this is current standings after 10 rounds. I'll hope you like clear view. 👍 Now it's time to do some driving in those Nissan's. I really like this idea 👍

GTR's are flying 👍 Maybe not exactly as fast as RedBull X1 in Vettel Challenge but luckily for me i did there Gold Cup :mischievous: so now i don't have to learn this track all over again :)

Fantastic choice T-12

Wow man :) We are here from the beginning. Two WTC-3 topics, how could you missed this ? :crazy:

Dont tell the persons responsible for mixing up my pool of DNA but probably by being stupid... Or by just starting online racing lately with the Legends league.

But anyway, better late then never.

Yes, better later then never.

You can start from last round with those tree Nissan GTR on Suzuka circuit. Lately WTC rounds had not so many participants :guilty:

I like my lap times already and Suzuka its a beautiful and a favourite track. If I can lower my R32 time i'll be ready. That average is killing me :D

[edit]

Time submitted. I achieved my goal although a few milliseconds high... so, good luck to y'all.

Last edited:
Just a quick question regarding the Works Conversions on these cars; are we allowed the engine changes on these or not (Works doesn't apply the engine changes but they can be equipped before the conversion)? I would imagine it would make a big difference in times.

I've been running some practice runs at Suzuka and I just literally remembered that I hate this track! Especially at night. But I'll try to survive. :P

Oh, I completely forgot to mention that so I apologize beforehand; no, they're not permitted...

...However:

Since RK was the first to submit you can either wait until he sees this and responds to it, or you can PM him and ask whether or not he used engine transplants; if he did, it'll be allowed on a technicality. If he didn't, then the answer is no all around.

Alternatively, if RK did and you're on the way to submitting your entry and don't wish to run again, I'll compensate accordingly.

I send an pm message to RK, and I'll wait until he answer. Cause i did swap engines because i was thinking it's a part of Works Converting cars.

But it's not a problem for me to remove this upgrade and work on my new lap times. It so much fun 👍 Since I'll wait until last moment to submit my lap times :sly:

No engine swaps. I just upgraded automatically (right, up, X :D) but I had attention to that detail judging by my cars PI:

R32: 1587
R34: 1589
R35: 1781

I NITROVIOUS. Welcome back

You have until tomorrow to submit your times for this round.

Unfortunately, it seems this will be the last round of WTC :( so you better get started because this time its double the points.

Hi racers .
l have internet access for a few days , l'll try to get in some times .

Just in time for the last round 👍 Welcome Back.

And that's it, lap times submitted. That was very exiting ending.

I'm gonna wait awhile before posting up the results for R11 and 12.

I submitted earlier, I've got no hope of getting near the top seeming NITROVIOUS is back. All I can hope for is some good points!

I submitted earlier, I've got no hope of getting near the top seeming NITROVIOUS is back. All I can hope for is some good points!

l believe you will be safe . :)
l'm very rusty behind the wheel , l've not raced much for the last 4 months or so .

I"ll get my times in this afternoon.

Final discussion moves to the Results Thread.

It's been fun, fellas. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back