Requesting advice for '70 Cuda tunes

• Thread starter PF
  • 12 comments

PF

Hi all,

I'm back to the forums after ten years so need to thank Jordan for taking the time to personally get my account re-enabled. My admiration for his passion and dedication has increased beyond what I could ever have expected.

The matter is, I'd like some advice on the '70 Cuda, which I got for my son after finding a Hot-Wheels car in an op-shop (thrift store). It seems to be able to do almost anything, from straight-line to mountains and have been told even rally (which I am useless at).

I am an awful driver but tolerable tuner and have only been playing GT6 for a few weeks.

If anyone could suggest the best tunes for any of these conditions it would be much appreciated. We use a G25; I'm 40, he's 10yo and we both use MT.

I would be very grateful if players more experienced in GT6 could provide some suggestions for the various types of races.

Finally, I'd like to apologise to the mods I criticised/insulted a decade ago. I was doing a PhD and let that frustration flow in to the otherwise constructive (often inept) comments made after work. Not good, and thanks for not banning me.

PF

I've always found @praiano63 tunes to be really good, post 4358.
hope this helps

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...turismo-red-bull-x2014-junior.291084/page-146
Thanks a lot my fellow skip. Briefly casting my eye over it, it seems to be made for a fairly flat standard course.

Comparing it to my tune, my ride height is way lower and springs completely a__se about, but the rest of it pretty close. My tune is about twice the bhp and 300kg heavier, so I'll try this tune and test them to see where/if/how I went wrong.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know after testing how they compare.

PF

Try this tune here, and thanks to @Bowtie-muscle for a good tune way back when I used it last :cheers:.

Edit: Using my G29 wheel today, this Plyouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 is still a very good car to drive on SM-SS tyres :).

Thanks mate, will try this one next and compare it to the first. I use a G25 and it handles beautifully. When you see the stats on paper it looks awful but even my 10yo can whip it around in a souped up 5-gear manual setup.

PF
Thanks mate, will try this one next and compare it to the first. I use a G25 and it handles beautifully. When you see the stats on paper it looks awful but even my 10yo can whip it around in a souped up 5-gear manual setup.
Please let me know on how it drives, because the tune I gave you is a for a DS3 and not for a wheel from @Bowtie-muscle garage, but his DS3 tunes suit my driving style.

Please let me know on how it drives, because the tune I gave you is a for a DS3 and not for a wheel from @Bowtie-muscle garage, but his DS3 tunes suit my driving style.
Sure mate, will do that when I get a chance. I'll also get the boy to give it a spin as we (obviously) have quite different driving styles.

Thank you all for your contributions. I'm going to have to buy another 'Cuda and put the three tunes on there for comparison. My current car (my son's) has setting C as stock, B as praiano's tune and A as a tune I've been working on with my son to teach him the basics of GT tuning.

I'll also look for a rally tune because the little **** is better than me on dirt (I am truly dreadful) and have heard the 'Cuda can be tuned for those races. Thanks again,

PF

PF
Hey mate, I'm testing the first tune of yours in this thread and my driver is winning races against cars with almost 100PP advantage. He loves it, I'm yet to have a go.
Check out for more of his Bowtie's Speed Shop tunes here :).

PF
Hey mate, I'm testing the first tune of yours in this thread and my driver is winning races against cars with almost 100PP advantage. He loves it, I'm yet to have a go.
The 70 AAR handles a little better, but if you lower the pp level to 500, the 71 is faster. You could also add some power and make it 525pp. Both are fun tunes, been a long time since I've used either.
The 69 Camaro Z28 is better, PD gave it some of their special love (extra grip level).

Feel free to try some others in my tuning garage as @fordlaser mentioned.
In still around most days just because, so if you have more questions maybe I can help.

Last edited:
Wish our driving style is about the same..

AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
Tyres RH/RH
Ride 88/88
Spring 4.33/3.41
Damper 8/2, 9/3
Anti-Roll Bar 6/1
Brakes 10/9
LSD 7, 12, 44
Transmission
1st 2.765
2nd 2.169
3rd 1.739