Requesting Detailed Drift example

• Thread starter clanegie
  • 227 comments
what are your settings for this S2000?

i have only been drifting for a short time too, and i have the disadvantage of the DS2, (i swear its easyer with a desent wheel) but where i can see the drifts are being cut short not by the angle your at, i think it might be a slight adjust on rear suspention and LSD and you should be able to drift just a little longer and a little more controlled.

all together tho you are doing quite well (keep practasing)

The Ds2 isn't has much of a disadvantage,but that is just my opinion.

The Ds2 isn't has much of a disadvantage,but that is just my opinion.

i do like my DS2 dont get me wrong, i just find that if you have a 900* wheel that you can just make them very smal adjustments, much more refined than the DS2.

(i posted a vid in the Drift video section, i used the DS2 for that)

i do like my DS2 dont get me wrong, i just find that if you have a 900* wheel that you can just make them very smal adjustments, much more refined than the DS2.

(i posted a vid in the Drift video section, i used the DS2 for that)

Not true at all. The DS2 is analog as well as the DFP. It simply takes more precise inputs to be a smooth with the DS2. I use a DF wheel and I think the biggest advantage is NOT the steering, but the pedals. :)

Thanks for those advise Swift, but i still felt that i was going too slow. But you should be right that i can go faster, but angles will be smaller right? If i need more angles, i should slow down more?

I tried to feint more aggressive this time round. And after your advise, I think i have to invest on a dumbell to even more aggressive feint! 💡 Hehe..

But seriously, I still don't think i did well enough yet. I'm up to more!!!! I will just gotta practise!

X14XE, my settings are the one available for S2000 Type V in the depot. There's only one available, you will have no problems finding it. I made just one amendment to the settings by decreasing LSD initial to 21.

I think this is right
More angle= less gas, more countersteer
Less angel = More gas, less countersteer

I didn't see any issue with the speed. At the pace he was going, drifts were still getting cut off prematurely. If he goes any slower and attempts a larger angle they'll end even sooner - whether it is done instinctively by steering out of them, or by the game's physics.

(that was in km/h right?)

The first thing I noticed is that your turn in is very sluggish. I'm not talking about your entry point, but just the way you flick the car into drift after your feint. It seems like either you are hesitating, or the car is being unresponsive.

Try this:
Use a little forward weight transfer (lift off/braking/downshift, or some combo) just as you are about to start turning the wheel into the corner, and aim to have it done ASAP. If you've done it properly you'll have a momentary increase in front end grip. Then give the wheel a strong, sharp yank in the direction of the corner, I don't think much more than 90* of wheel rotation is should be required. Be prepared tp quickly countersteer.

You should not be braking to create forward weight transfer while you are returning the wheel to center, or beginning your countersteer - it's not very effective. That's not to say braking cannot be done during this stage, but it should only be to reduce speed or correct your line - and you have to be pretty careful doing this as it can quickly end your drift if overdone.
To me it looked like you were slightly confused about this point, particularly through the first tunnel, and during the two right's that followed.

The entry to the last left sweeper (before the chicane) looked good - and there you are aided by the track elevation change to give yourself a little extra front grip at corner entry. Get all your entries behaving like that and I think the rest (like your speed and angle) will come naturally.

Hmmm...

I like what you said there BL. But I still think the speed is a bit high. Meh, maybe it's just me. :sly:

BL, i think you had really live up to your "Quality Posts". I'm actually speechless at how comprehensive, yet short advise you had for me. You had actualluy answered what i felt about my drifting in my own personal opinion. I'm not that good at pointing out my own mistakes, but i felt very clearly the biggest problem is maintaining the drifts. As you can see in most previous questions from me, i had been asking on how to maintain it. Until now, I'm still figuring it out. What i felt was that speed was too slow for the drifts to go on. I had some other corners which i can maintain when my speed are higher.

Thanks for suggesting to try out making a more aggressive weight transfer to initiate the drift, yet maintaining speed. If I'm any wrong in intepreting your message to me, please do let me know. I'm very keen now to try out such a combo. It surely will make me sweat...:scared:

Thanks alot guys! I will try out both suggestion from Swift and BL to see which suits me.

Just chimming in on my opinion, through the last set of S curves. Fient harder in the 1st turn, and by keeping a good angle through it, when you goto turn to the next s, use the momentum from transfering from left to right, and visa versa to carry the drift along around the next bend.

Otherwise, your doing quite well. I agree your hauling fast into some corners, but maybe its just me, because I use the little MR2.

Just chimming in on my opinion, through the last set of S curves. Fient harder in the 1st turn, and by keeping a good angle through it, when you goto turn to the next s, use the momentum from transfering from left to right, and visa versa to carry the drift along around the next bend.

Otherwise, your doing quite well. I agree your hauling fast into some corners, but maybe its just me, because I use the little MR2.
I do get what you mean there Texan! And thanks for the advise.. But I'm having huge problems on linking corners.

I'm taking your advise into account, but still I need to get my angle and drifts right before i start on the linking part! Cheers dude..

I do get what you mean there Texan! And thanks for the advise.. But I'm having huge problems on linking corners.

I'm taking your advise into account, but still I need to get my angle and drifts right before i start on the linking part! Cheers dude..

Do you need any other replays from any courses?

Not now Nk, not until i have cleared this drift barrier hindering me! :indiff:

Got lost of work to do before i can take the next step.

Not now Nk, not until i have cleared this drift barrier hindering me! :indiff:

Got lost of work to do before i can take the next step.

Well, its good that you got the basics down. and its also good to practice on Trial mountain but expand your experience with similar courses. This might help you figure out the problems your having on Trial Mountain like linking. But don't forget to have fun and be creative, especially with a wheel.

Well, its good that you got the basics down. and its also good to practice on Trial mountain but expand your experience with similar courses. This might help you figure out the problems your having on Trial Mountain like linking. But don't forget to have fun and be creative, especially with a wheel.
Surely i will NK. I'm indeed enjoying more and more on my drifts. Just hope that i can improve on it speedy.

I was wondering if someone could help me, yesterday I got a DFP and well I tried to drift with it and needless to say I SUCKED!!! so my question is, is there a trick to drifting with the DFP or do you just need to get use to it??

I was wondering if someone could help me, yesterday I got a DFP and well I tried to drift with it and needless to say I SUCKED!!! so my question is, is there a trick to drifting with the DFP or do you just need to get use to it??

Just get used to it. ;)

Too bad there isnt a pedal and DS2 mix, I dont like my wheel, but love using the pedals. :crazy:

Hi DiabloMonkey,

I have posted Mr. Deap's Videos again in this thread that was previously supplied by BL. Do free feel to take a look as Mr. Deap videos shows how he handles the wheel and also have the GT captured screen playing simultaneously. Its good for getting a idea how is it like drifting on a wheel.

*It shows no pedal works, but input of throttle and brakes might be visible on GT Captured screen.

Link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74297&highlight=deap

Back