Resistance 3 or Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine on PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiem2282

F1 & WRC Fanatic!!!
Premium
richiem2282
Hey guys, Its time for a new game, on my way to Gamestop shortly, So which one do I get, Resistance 3 or Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine... Thanks lads

Resi 3 = AAA title

Space Marine = A title (but as it seems it is a fairly good game too, but resi 3 should be brilliant)

picked up Resistance 3 and got Deus Ex pre-owned for $70, with 3 trade in's.... They recommended waiting to get Warhammer as it will drop in price before any of the other new releases.

Be sure to post back with your impressions on Resistance 3. I'm going to pick it up soon, but I want to re-play 1 and 2 to get back in the story so it will probably be a few weeks before I will get my hands on it, and I love hearing other peoples opinions.

Parker

Be sure to post back with your impressions on Resistance 3. I'm going to pick it up soon, but I want to re-play 1 and 2 to get back in the story so it will probably be a few weeks before I will get my hands on it, and I love hearing other peoples opinions.

Will do man 👍

haitch40
Basicaly I see it this way.
Resi3 is for gamers warhammer is for nerds who play the board game.

That's how you see it ya? That's a bit of a sad opinion now if you ask me... So in your opinion, people who play board games are nerds? does that mean that everyone who played board games before the first console was a nerd?

Last edited:
Already got Space Marine. Think I'm gonna go buy Resistance 3 tomorrow most likely then Gears of War 3 next along with f1 2011

That's how you see it ya? That's a bit of a sad opinion now if you ask me... So in your opinion, people who play board games are nerds? does that mean that everyone who played board games before the first console was a nerd?

Ok scratch what I said. Had a bad day yesterday.

Last edited:
haitch40 it's all good a lot of people perceive table top players in that way. I'm personally just a fan of the IP. I've played Dawn of War games along with the really old 40k video games back in the day. Never played the table top myself 👍

I have to say I have played a good amount of those war based board games although not warhammer.

Got space marines, wasn't struck by the R3 demo/beta. 40k has been a bit overshadowed by the R3 PR machine which is a shame as it's a fantastic game, it's got the obligitory online issues which has been patched already but is going through QA at the moment. Graphicaly the 40k demo is missing alot of the polish of the final game which looks stunning and the story is quite refreshingly engrosing for a shooter being writen by the games workshop guys! Online is aided by the custom aperance editor and the unlockable system, theyve gone as far as including all the original games workshop paints and a number of inks and practicaly all of the space marine and chaos marine chapters.......you had to be there LOL

For the Emperor!

640px-Sm_heavy_bolter_2.jpg

Heavy Bolter for the win LOL

SM got fairly good reviews, seems to be a fun game.

But I also got Resi 3 now, delivered today. Will first try SM, and maybe later in the BargainBin....

40k seems to be owned by the warhamer fans and those who lost faith in Resistance, Nothing quite like stomping around in huge power armour with the biggest guns out there............Loving it, can get quite insane during fire fights with what can only be described as a jean michel light show going on when the plasma cannons start heating up LOL

I'm going to get Warhammer before Resistance 3. I loved Fall of Man but Resistance 2 was a big disappointment for me, and I didn't find the R3 beta impressive. Warhammer's demo was really fun and it should drop in price much quicker than R3. I just hope the multiplayer doesn't die or become really slow before I can get it.

I completed Resistance 3 previously and am now at part IV (of five) into Space Marine and can say that while they are both good games, I prefer Space Marine. I've never played anything about Warhammer before but I played the demo and chopping through the hordes of Orks really sold it to me. It just doesn't get old and it's simple fun and looks just right with great, massive environments and good shooting and slashing. Even the story I find interesting :)

Resistance is still Resistance though, I love that series. However, FoM is still the best game out of the three.

Gonna pickup Warhammer today, never played the series before but enjoyed the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back