Respectable drifting scores: eiger

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 11 comments
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
Does anyone have an outline to what a "respectable" drifting score for a beginner at Eiger is? i think i got 9925 with an Elise 111R (BEST CAR EVER!):drool::drool:

This was my first try by the way!

The thing is, people around here don't care about "Drift scores". They're entirely meaningless to us :lol:

We're really not the community to ask because you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who cares about scores since GT5's system is positively awful.

Hmm sorry didn't know that, sorry! so what DO you care about here? i just started drifting yesterday and i foud it rather fun!:) did think that the scoring thing was a bit stupid, but its pretty bullet proof!

Hmm sorry didn't know that, sorry! so what DO you care about here? i just started drifting yesterday and i foud it rather fun!:) did think that the scoring thing was a bit stupid, but its pretty bullet proof!

Absolutely no need to apologise :) it's just how things work around here, I'm not thinking any less of you or anything like that - I'm just letting you know that scores are irrelevant since the system is outright broken.

The score system is bullet proof in the sense of it requires very specific drifting and sticking to the "racing line" that you'd use while driving 'properly'.
In drifting, it's more about "Clipping points". You need to get the front of your car (If it's an "inside clip") or the rear (If it's an "Outside clip" as close as you can to these points, these are used in community ran competitions which have been dying off lately due to GT6 coming out later this year.

Generally speaking though? we begin respecting people as we drive with them, judging with our eyes rather than what a flawed system has to say.

If you're thinking of drifting fairly regularly, I'm sure one of the teams here would be happy to take you on and work with you to improve your driving skill. Your best bet though would likely be placing an application here and someone will surely take you in!

If you're more a casual kind of person impromptu events sometimes turn up here

You'll be likely to run into the community in Drift Lobbies fairly often, besides which - drifting with others is far more fun than drifting alone.

Welcome to the community! :lol:

Thnx for the feedback! ill look at those groups!

Good luck on your journey!

By the by - the rules of this site require proper English, text speak like "Thnx" isn't acceptable. This is because we have a diverse user base; many of which don't speak English as a first language, so proper English and grammar to the best of your ability is required :)

I hope you understand 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

Urie, you're a real addition to this forum, and I'm not being sarcastic. (Me not being sarcastic? That has to be a first :D)

At the OP: Just look at the forum, try adding some people online by stating you are a new drifter from GTP. Look at some teams and just get to know people. For example, I'd be happy to add you, if you want. :)

Urie, you're a real addition to this forum, and I'm not being sarcastic. (Me not being sarcastic? That has to be a first :D)

You flatter me :lol:

At the OP: Just look at the forum, try adding some people online by stating you are a new drifter from GTP. Look at some teams and just get to know people. For example, I'd be happy to add you, if you want. :)

This goes for me too, feel free to send me a request 👍

crud sorry im still getting used to that! THANKS!:)

No worries! as long as you make an effort to use proper grammar, capital letters and just do a bit of proof reading to make sure you spell things properly it makes it a thousand times easier for everyone :)

Ok why not?:)

What tires do you drift on? I would invite you to come chill with MCR but if you're not comfortable on comfort-hard tires then I don't know. Most "experienced" drifters restrict their rooms to CH tires because it gives a level playing field, meaning no kids thoughtlessly bashing you out of the way with their veyron on racing hards (you get the picture).

Good luck with your drifting career!

If you're interested in real drift culture have a look at these youtube channels;

http://www.youtube.com/user/mcrfactory?feature=watch

http://www.youtube.com/user/Clashproduction?feature=watch

What tires do you drift on? I would invite you to come chill with MCR but if you're not comfortable on comfort-hard tires then I don't know. Most "experienced" drifters restrict their rooms to CH tires because it gives a level playing field, meaning no kids thoughtlessly bashing you out of the way with their veyron on racing hards (you get the picture).

Good luck with your drifting career!

If you're interested in real drift culture have a look at these youtube channels;

http://www.youtube.com/user/mcrfactory?feature=watch

http://www.youtube.com/user/Clashproduction?feature=watch

On my elise, which most people say is a bad drifter, i use comfort softs, just because the elise is hard to control on racing softs!:)

Back