RetroGiant Photography | Jan 30

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 94 comments
United States
Midnight City
RetroGiant
TheRetroGiant
11412749194_a5191fa1ee_o.png

Welcome to my gallery! I have been around since GT4 and quickly became addicted to the photomode in the game. In GT5 I started off strong but slowly stopped taking photos. Last time I took a photo in GT5 was August 8th of 2012. So I finally got GT6 and its like starting all over again. I feel I've lost whatever touch I had and am having to re-learn all my techniques. So this first group of shots are not my best but I hope in time I can get back in the groove. This set is just a mix of editing really, no rhyme or reason. Just trying to remember what works and what doesn't. So anyways, thank you all for visiting both old friends and hopefully some new ones. The photomode forums are full of the most polite and encouraging people on the internet in my opinion. Proud to be a member of this great site.

- Enjoy -

Last edited:
It's great to see some of your new work and to have you back. Very nice start for your GT6 gallery, especially with shots like the close up of the 86.

AW HELL YES.

Er, I mean, nice start to the gallery, man :P. I was wondering when it'd be operational, though I don't believe that bit about losing your touch; that second Countach pic is an instant classic. Going by your time with Forza, I expected that car to show up here pretty early on 👍

Brilliant start to your GT6 gallery mate!;) Your first update is full of great shots!:drool:
I absolutely love the lighting in the 2nd Countach shot and the first GT86 shot. Simply stunning.👍

That second shot is what it is all about :drool: ..........I only hope I forget how to take photos and comeback in style like those ^ :sly:

One of the guys who consistently delivers stuff that I love. That Countach shot has that typical editing that you use. Looking forward for more updates 👍

Oh my g... ! This close shot of the 86 is one of the most beautiful and impressive shot I've ever seen. The rendering is ultra-realistic and at the same time we have a very clever composition and a brilliant edit work which give this shot an insane artistic touch. Brilliant !

The reste of the set is also very beautiful. Love the sunset shot with the countach, the work on light and shadow is excellent 👍

And that 787B shot is very realistic, I can feel the vibrations of the rotary machine and hear the sound of the grabbed grass.

That is a great start !

I love your toning so much :drool: :drool: :drool: and I'm glad to see your pics again. :)
Brilliant start, brilliant work. Pure awesomeness.

Suscribed :) One or two pictures of a car is the strong path. Lighting is carefully managed, camera angles are truely enjoyable and adding a sweet feeling. I'm not into race cars full of stickers and colors but these 86 pics are so beautiful wow ! Both Lambo pics are edited the way I like, something I'm unable to make and you are dealing with it like a pro, bravo :cheers:

Thank you all so much for the great group of comments, its really glad to be back here with you all contributing to the photomode forums. I should have a new update posted shortly.

It's great to see some of your new work and to have you back. Very nice start for your GT6 gallery, especially with shots like the close up of the 86.
Thanks buddy, I tried to mimic some of my old edits on that one. It came out pretty close, I did a version where the car was all black and white.
AW HELL YES.

Er, I mean, nice start to the gallery, man :P. I was wondering when it'd be operational, though I don't believe that bit about losing your touch; that second Countach pic is an instant classic. Going by your time with Forza, I expected that car to show up here pretty early on 👍
Gotta get that Countach! Childhood fav! I may not have lost my "touch" but I just look at other peoples shots and think sometimes, "man, I just can't compete". Guess its good though. I challenged myself to really bring it with this next update and I'm fairly pleased with it.
Brilliant start to your GT6 gallery mate!;) Your first update is full of great shots!:drool:
I absolutely love the lighting in the 2nd Countach shot and the first GT86 shot. Simply stunning.👍
Thanks mate, I felt the large contrast in editing styles may feel out of place with the update, I just couldnt get a feel overall as how I wanted it, so I just split the styles up completely.
Beautiful start!
Really glad to see you here buddy, thank!
Mmmm... That is beautiful :drool:;)
lol, thanks man, I appreciate it.
That second shot is what it is all about :drool: ..........I only hope I forget how to take photos and comeback in style like those ^ :sly:
Lol, thank bud. I guess I should say I forgot how to take several decent shots, instead I sit there and take a photo, nope, take another photo, nope. I was never satisfied lol. Its starting to come back to me though.
Superb set. Variaty and Quality. Another gallery to keep an eye on. ;)
thanks buddy, I pull inspiration from your gallery daily!
Oh, I remember you from GT5 :sly:, always surprising! Keep it up, subscribed!
Glad to have your subscription! Hope you enjoy my updates.
One of the guys who consistently delivers stuff that I love. That Countach shot has that typical editing that you use. Looking forward for more updates 👍
Thanks man, I feel sometimes too many of my shots fall into a certain style. I just hope I don't over-saturate myself and everyone always knows what to expect. Like developing a "typical RG style" I hope to keep things fresh for you guys.
my exact words.

It's awesome to have you back RG. Every single shot is great, especially the last 86 shot. Loving the colors in it.
Thanks GT, I keep referring back to your shots you provided me to edit. They are my favorite ones I've ever done and keep referring them in that "I need to top these". Unfortunately, I have not been able to even come close. I'll keep trying. Keep inspiring buddy.
Lost your touch? Yeah right :lol: :lol: ,Welcome to GT6 RG. Stunning start.
Thanks sems, glad to be a part of the photomode again. I've missed it greatly.
Oh my g... ! This close shot of the 86 is one of the most beautiful and impressive shot I've ever seen. The rendering is ultra-realistic and at the same time we have a very clever composition and a brilliant edit work which give this shot an insane artistic touch. Brilliant !

The reste of the set is also very beautiful. Love the sunset shot with the countach, the work on light and shadow is excellent 👍

And that 787B shot is very realistic, I can feel the vibrations of the rotary machine and hear the sound of the grabbed grass.

That is a great start !
Thank you so much for the kind words and thorough comment. I absolutely adore your editing style so don't be surprised if you see me "try" and mimic it from time to time. ;)
I love your toning so much :drool: :drool: :drool: and I'm glad to see your pics again. :)
Brilliant start, brilliant work. Pure awesomeness.
Thanks SM, its guys like you that keep me on my toes and trying to one up myself. Thanks for the kind words.
Nice angle & Beautiful tone as ever dude :D you are one of my favourite GT photomode artist :D keep up the great work!
Flattered you would call me one of your favs. I hope I keep bringing some shots you enjoy!
Suscribed :) One or two pictures of a car is the strong path. Lighting is carefully managed, camera angles are truely enjoyable and adding a sweet feeling. I'm not into race cars full of stickers and colors but these 86 pics are so beautiful wow ! Both Lambo pics are edited the way I like, something I'm unable to make and you are dealing with it like a pro, bravo :cheers:
Thank you sir for the in-depth comment. I really appreciate it.

Alright, back for round 2. I had a chance to dive into the game more and started to get more comfortable with it. The initial shots were coming out decent enough and actually in focus this time so I didn't have to fight that. I'm gonna spread this update out over the next few days. I have some extra shots I'll probably throw in randomly.

With the 2014 Corvette I have it edited two ways and am kind of torn between them. One is simply bold and realistic with no toning, the others have a "honeysuckle" style edit to them and make them a little more artful yet maintaining the realism. So I'm gonna post the honeysuckle shots here and probably sneak a few of the others in the realistic thread or something. Who knows. Anyways, thank you guys again for the great comments on my last set.

- Enjoy -
Click for full size

Extra Countach Shot

Last edited:
Wow, a great sense of realistic colour, and well chosen blur. The editing styles you choose always seem to fit the car in the shot, it's very nicely done. 👍

Nice, beautiful realistic tones in this set.👍
I love them all, however I think the still shots would be much better without the driver sitting in it.
Though, I have to say I absolutely love the minimalism and the lighting in the first shot.:drool:

Thank you so much for the kind words and thorough comment. I absolutely adore your editing style so don't be surprised if you see me "try" and mimic it from time to time. ;)

I just wonder what we would get after I mimic your mimics ;)

Love this last set. First I like a lot this choice of blue for the body car :) I love the "pastel" toning of the first shot, it's colorful and soft at the same time. Great choice of angle and pov for the second shot. The light and toning of the third are perfect, a beautiful sunset shot with a nice sense of motion. And the last one offers a bokeh like I like with a good composition and a toning with a little more contrast than the firdst or second shot with an equal quality 👍

Edit : I forgot to write I also like a lot the bonus shot, great composition once more and nice soft light !

My favourite image from post 1, has to be the fourth shot for a mix of reasons. However the main reason, why I like it can be found below:

*The car looks very sinister.

Great to see you back RG, another quality photomoder back from the shadows. I see very little rust as you mention. ;)

I like both Countach shots from your first set and the 86 headlight shot too. 👍

From your 2nd batch the first C7 shot is my fav, so clean and well toned. But the others are nice too. It looks great in that colour. 👍

And from the latest ones 3 & 4 stick out to me. :) 👍

Love the editing in the first and fourth Vette shots. But, that bonus Countach shot is just amazing. Love how the background is a clear blue sky and the focus is on the car itself.

Hard to choose some fav' between the two edit styles you've used with this 'vette... :P
Beautiful work again with a superb toning 👍 I especially love the second one :drool:

Back