RetroGiant Photography | Jan 30

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 94 comments
The F40 set is from the firsy to the last picture, totally brilliant, the bokeh and lens flare are mastered the efficient way 👍 Can't choose a fav as everything is beautiful, really, truely beautiful 👍

The first Enzo picture is so nicely edited, the toning is one of the most enjoyable I've seen since the GT6 start, the Countach looks nice and the Ronda shot is the good surprise, looks like a 1/43 scale model diorama ;)

Giant is the word :cheers:

Last edited:
I agree with most of my comrades comments, that Ronda shot stand out in this last bunch of pics, Hervé has already said that looks like a superb diorama. Love its toning and light, and, of course, the composition and choice of angle !

Thank you all once again for the great comments. Large update from shots I've taken over the past few weeks. Been struggling a bit with editing and shots so thanks to all that helped me and a big shoutout to @mazda787 who has helped me quite a bit in particular, thank you very much. Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy the photos.

MAMMA MIA !
I speak italian when I get excited. But, seriously I just love every single shot in this set. But, my god that third shot is........the lighting, the reflections, pure perfection. Love that GTO chase shot, the realism is strong in it. Toning is spot on, and the editing is just wonderful. Masterful update, and I can say that you're OFFICIALLY back! Actually, you never departed. Keep going my friend !

Wow, this is an awesome set. A lot of great shots and editing. I'd say your back to top form based on this showing. :) 👍

Yeah I agree with my comrades, there are a lot of gems in this set, maybe your best work to date since GT6 start. I love them all, but the GTO shots are incredibly realistics as the first LFA one. The FT-1 shots have a beautiful dreamy rendering, especially the second one. And the last two shots are just perfect : superb composition !

Wow...very nice work! So many great shots, I especially like the Mclarens shot and the reflections on the first FT-1 shot are stunning :drool: Thanks for the shoutout!

Oh, man, so much quality stuff posted since my last visit.:drool:

You know how it's pretty hard to say why a picture is bad, as it essentially amounts to listing off things that the author did right. So... yeah... they're all... good... my faves are (you guessed it!) faved on flickr and I'm trying to make this comment longer by writing stuff that doesn't really have anything to do with the photos (like this very sentence) because I feel like I should write a more detailed thing but I have no idea what to add to my regular short text.

Well, crap, that sounded incredibly sad, sorry. That's what lack of sleep will do to you.:lol:

Seriosly, though, great shots!👍

Last edited:
Small update. Nothing crazy here. Went towards simple realism over art/heavy edits on these. I'm ready for some new photomode locations. Looking back on these I noticed some blown out shadows on the wheel/road areas. Oh well. Don't have as much time to edit these days. Middle one turned out alright though. Thanks guys.

You have posted so many great pictures since my last visit. :drool: :drool: :drool: I love toning in RX-7 pictures.Very realistic and with great colors. The most favorite pics from previous are the one with orange camaro on nurb and one with green mclaren, but all of them are great and I really like that you always use something different in each picture.
Amazing work !

:drool: Love the shading and tones in this set! :bowdown: It's inspiring, makes me feel like I should do something... If only I wasn't so lazy that I follow the inspiration and figure out what it makes me do. :P

Why am I even surprised that you've somehow managed to make your sets look as if they were shot during the morning hours of spring? It's fantastic!

Let's see here, favorites:

First 288 GTO shot - that angle is crazy.
Second FT-1 shot - dem reflections. :drool:
Last LFA shot - fantastic blue sky and the vignette wraps it up nicely.

All three in your recent update, once again, makes me think of spring. You're a madman. :lol:

I love that Challenger shot in your previous set. Good lighting and perfect amount of motion on the wheels. Great capture.

Now for your latest update, the composition/angle in the California shot is very nice. I also like the cloud reflection you've added into the side mirror.

For the second shot, lighting and reflections look really good.

For the third shot, I like the use of dirt build up on the car. It gives the image that special touch which prevents it from being just an ordinary shot.

And the last shot has to be my fave from this update. The retro styled editing fits perfectly with the car. I'm guessing you got the single cloud idea from @zzz_pt ?

With all that said and done, just wanted to say great work mate!;)👍

I pretty much agree with Nux's comments. I really like that California shot. But my fav alos is the last one, perfect retro toning and added fx. Has a great feel to it. 👍

The editing on the Beetle is awesome, great pic, really like the 1st Mclaren shot too. ;)👍
Totally agree with that. That Beetle shot is one the best in the retro style kind I've seen :) And the first Mc Laren is ultra realistic. I also love the Californbia shot, great composition and very beautiful toning, love the way the color bodycar and the sky work together with same nuances.
Bravo !

The editing on the Beetle is awesome, great pic, really like the 1st Mclaren shot too. ;)👍
Totally agree with that. That Beetle shot is one the best in the retro style kind I've seen :) And the first Mc Laren is ultra realistic. I also love the Californbia shot, great composition and very beautiful toning, love the way the color bodycar and the sky work together with same nuances.
Bravo !

Latest Posts

Back