Review your last concertMusic 

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 261 comments
well the last concert i went to was my first "rock" concert and it was absolutely amazing

GUNS N ROSES

opening act: Rose Tatoo
supporting act: Sebastian Bach

MAIN ACT : GUNS N ROSES

Fri 29 and Sat 30 june

8pm the lights went out and on came austrailian band rose tatoo, personally i had never heard of them before the concert but they put on a pretty good set. they played for about 1 hour, the support crew cam on and set up for bach

10pm Now with my limited knowledge of sebastian bach/skid row i was really suprised how good this guy actually is and how much of a fan favourite he actually is. on the saturday concert 2 young girls were getting crushed at the front of the stage so during a song he asked security to pull them out and get them on stage which was real cool. he played mainly skid row songs and a few of his own. I would pay to see him with his band on their own. then the moment began as the support crew came on, dismantled baz's stage setup and started setting up for the main event

Now we all know how Axl is abit of a nutter and is usually late to shows, i was expecting an hour late atleast but suprisingly he was only 15 min late

11:15 The lights went out for the final time and everyone went absolutely nuts in anticipation. this form of ballad/symphonic music came over the p.a system for a couple of minutes then it faded out and robin finck cam out wearing what i thought was a 'Slash' style tophat (which i was not happy about) and slowly started the welcome to the jungle intro which seemed to go on forever then the song started with the traditional line from Axl ( i think we all know what that might be) and the band went BOOM and started firing on all cylinders.they then went into Its so easy and if i remember correctly knocking on heavens door, axl then chatted to the crowd for a minute before going offstage (AGAIN) ,the crowd went crazy when the guitar intro of sweet child of mine started, Later on in the set Sebastian Bach came back on and joined axl for my michelle which was incredible, GnR finished the performance with i think out ta get me,

Then the encore started with axl reintroducing us with Angry Anderson of rose tatoo and they played Nice Boys (dont play rock n roll) which was brilliant, after that bumblefoot came out and played the NZ national anthem on guitar which was soo sweet cause everyone was singing along and then went into his solo of dont cry

About 4 songs after that bumblefoot and finck came out again and started paradise city which at that point i felt abit sad (i was buzzing on friday cause i would see them 24 hrs later)the only reason why i was abit sad was cause i have a feeling that this will be the only chance i will be able to see gnr live in person and its not really gnr either, so unless a reunion happens i wont ever see them as they were original lineup.

All in all a great experiance and would definatly see all the bands again if i had the oportunity

The singer, Jason Devore, is maried to my friend's sister. We were at his cottage this summer, and Jason showed up with his acoustic, some speakers and a drum kit, so we had a private concert two nights in a row. It was sweet, sitting out on the balcony in the sun with 30 or 40 people listening to some really great rock music. I haven't heard much studio Authority Zero stuff, but he's pretty damn good and also an amazing guy.

What a great night.

Yeah, I didn't meet him, but I saw him. he was walking around the line to get in the front gate telling people chuck norris jokes.

I'm seeing Eric Johnson tonight! w00t!

edit: Just got back. It was awesome! I'm a little worn out to write a full review right now though. Highlights were Manhattan, and a 5 minute solo (literally, just him) that turned into Cliffs of Dover. :drool:

What: 99.7KY 33rd Birthday Bash

Groups:
Quiet Riot and ZZ Top

Date: September 15, 2007

Where: City Market, Kansas City, MO

It was AMAZING! Can't do a full review right now, but the ground was shaking all around. Billy's banter with Dusty on stage was great. Frank said, "And give it up for Billy Gibbons on the Guitar" And Billy replied "Oh, is that me?"

Later, Dusty goes
"Jewelry."
B: Jewelry?
D: Jewelry.
B: He's a guy that likes shiny stuff.
D: Uh huh.
B: But he's lyin' to yall, he's settin you up. He doesn't want any shiny jewelry, he wants to go home and give his girl a pearl necklace!

:lol:

Last night: Chris Cornell @ The Burton Cummings Theatre, Winnipeg

Amazing, amazing set. It was two hours of Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Chris Cornell's solo work spanning 23 years of his great career - and a Zeppelin Cover, Whole Lotta Love (the place went nuts!)

I can't quite put the show into words right now... It was a very kinda close and personal concert though. It was in a theatre that only seats about 1500 (great old building), and there's not a single bad seat in the place. Best of all, the acoustics are such that you can actually tell what the band is playing - not like some arna/stadium shows where there is so much reflection/deflection that everything is distorted and all you hear is the bass line. My girlfriend and I were in the front row of the second balcony and had a full view of everything going on.

It felt like the place was going to full apart when they were doing some of the heavier Audioslave tunes (Show me How to Live was GREAT!!!:crazy:)

Just a great experience, and my ears are still ringing. Cornell's voice is even more impressive live than recorded.

Eels - Mod Club, Toronto ON.

I don't know if you people are familiar with Eels and E, the band's frontman (Mark Oliver Everett), but it's worth a little look. He is son of physicist Hugh Everett III, the originator of parallel universes and other quantum mechanic theories. E's father was a quiet, depressed almost soulless individual, which left a fatherly void in E's life. Hugh died young, as did his sister and mother.

As you can imagine, this left E quite alone and emotionally damaged, to say the least. This translates into his music and lyrics. Some of the content is so raw and moving, some of it is also dark and humorous. This stuff is the real emo.

Anyways, I caught an ad for the show in the paper, which read only 50 tickets left. The next week's ad in the same paper said the show was sold out. I didn't have anyone to go with, so I figured I'd go down and check the place out Detroit Rock City style. After canvassing the lineup for a half hour, I was flat out of luck. Someone who was in line and let in found out that they still had a couple tickets at the door and ran out to tell me, and also offered to go back in and buy one for me!

The first hour of the show was a documentary on the Everett family and Mark's quest to find out who his father really was and to better understand his work and why he went silent. It was quite moving. After looking around, it appears that the documentary has been nominated for a couple awards.

Watching the flick, I thought how this could be kind of stupid, a movie then the show with him complaining about his messed up life, but it did the total opposite. For the people there who knew a little of Mark's story, the movie was a great visual explanation of things, putting his music into context. Then the screen drops, and here is this unkown man that you just was told the story of with a guitar in his hand playing his songs. It worked perfectly. This foreign man suddenly became real.

The tone of the show was really light, with E and his stagemate The Chet spitting banter between each other and joking with the crowd. I laughed a lot and enjoyed the amazing show. During the song Flyswatter, E got up from the piano, took over drumming from Chet, who went to hit some ivory, then only for Chet to come back and take over the sticks and E went back to the piano and hit through the rest of the tune. This was all without missing a single beat. Quite amazing to see and hear.

Anyways, I urge you to check out this guy's stuff. He's an amazing man, and although I can't find the quote now, he has been called one of America's greatest living songwriters. You may have heard Eels in various movies and TV shows, most likely the song Mr. E's Beautiful Blues, which has the catchy chorus "God damn right, it's a beautiful day, uh huh." It was funny how many people recognized me from the line before the show and came up to me and telling me how happy they were to see me get in. I thought this was really nice, but in a weird way. I guess everyone thought how much worse their lives could be...

Here's a sample of E, his personality and his music.

Eels - Bus Stop Boxer.

But the last concert I saw was the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They were fantastic and exceeded my already high expectations.

Lucky man, I was going to see them in Coventry but we decided to book a holiday to spain without realising the dates, it turned out to be the worst holiday I've ever been on by far.

I am, however going to see Jay Z & Linkin Park at Milton Keynes in a one off show in a couple of months so hopfully that should be great 👍

Lucky man, I was going to see them in Coventry but we decided to book a holiday to spain without realising the dates, it turned out to be the worst holiday I've ever been on by far.

I am, however going to see Jay Z & Linkin Park at Milton Keynes in a one off show in a couple of months so hopfully that should be great 👍

Is that the Projekt Revolution thing that keeps being advertised on Kerrang and Scuzz?

I know I haven't seen it yet, but I'm so excited I had to share.

I'm effing seeing Rancid! I can't wait. I'm not gonna listen to the openers because I wanna be suprised (like I was with Only Crime at the Rise against tour) but i just can't wait. expect a review after the show.

Tonight: Paramore + Jimmy Eat World

Its been a while since I've been to a concert, the last one being Van Halen as I recall about a year or so ago. Needless to say, it felt good to get back in the concert-going shoes, and break myself back in with one of my favorite bands.

First things first, I don't like the venue that it was played at. The Delta Plex here in Grand Rapids absolutely sucks, and I still am unable to understand why such good bands go to play there so often. It just isn't good. Whoever did the sound work, again, did a terrible job, and as of right now... Roughly an hour after the show ended, my ears are still ringing. BADLY.

The opening act, Deer in Headlights was at best a resounding "meh." Expiriemental/progressive rock is normally my thing, but I didn't like it. I'm not even sure if we can call it that anyway... Just not that good.

But, I went for Paramore, and they did not disappoint! Their energy was absolutely amazing, and it has to be the most-fun that I've had at a concert in a while. She (Hayley) would stop between songs and chat with the audience, which was great, and when the security guys were trying to crack down on the body surfing, she was encouraging it... Just plain awesome.

Oh. And shes hot. Really, really hot.

Jimmy Eat World was the icing on the cake. I'm not a big fan of theirs, but I'll be damned if they didn't blow me away. They were really humble in their performance, and just kept playing straight through for over an hour... Absolutely EPIC. Amazing laser light show as well. Oh, and Hayley got up and sang with them as well. SWEET!

I absolutely loved these guys, and I know some of you are going to Paramore concerts soon... Trust me. It will be great. I hear they're coming back to West Michigan later in the summer, and even if the closest they come to home is Chicago/Detroit, I'll still go.

Absolutely awesome!

Lets hope Panic! can step it up on May 21st...

Children of Bodom. I saw them for the third time on their last US tour. I can only say their shows get worse and worse as their songs suck more and more and they get more popular.

Foo Fighters - Wembley Stadium 6th June.

Support was 'Against me' (US punk band I've never heard of - they were OK) and a 50 minute set from Supergrass, which was a great bonus for me as I do like them.

The Foo Fighters played for a good 2 and a half hours and despite my general dislike of stadium gigs (and they only tickets I could get were right up in the setaing) it was an excellent gig.

The sound was first class, an excellent performance all round and a great atmosphere (apart from the mad bloke behind me who asked if I could 'please sit down' - I had to decline and suggest that he stood up instead, just like everyone else). Well worth going, my only regret was not being able to get tickets for the Saturday date, as Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones joined them on stages for the encore. Still I believe both nights were filmed (I know the Friday was) and fingers crossed for a DVD/BR release, and it is getting shown as cinemas across the UK.

The stage was also very impressive, as it featured a revolving centre, large 'runway' and a 360 degree video screen (on I believe OLED panels).

I would recommend that anyone in the North Europe/US try and get tickets for the rest of the tour.

Scaff

Oh - and never buy the chips from Wembley Stadium - expensive and soggy.

Dethklok with Soylent Green and Chimera at First Avenue in Minneapolis

Probably my favorite concert to date, great venue with excellent sound and lighting. Got very sweaty, but there were alot of people jumping around and moshing :P Soylent Green and Chimera had some awesome songs (since I've never heard them before) and was entertained the entire time. Dethklok's performance was ecstatic, everyone was cheering and they played just about every song from the show. While the songs played, they had video playing in the background, the music videos for the songs so to speak. They pretty much made the concert like an episode of Metalocalypse, which was awesome. Overall, I give it four thumbs up.

Project Revolution at Milton Keynes Bowl.

The Bravery : 3/10 One good song
Enter Shi*kari 0/10 Epic fail. Ill scream because I cant sing. GET A VOCALIST and you'd be an alright group.
Pendulum 1/10 NO way
N.E.R.D 7/10 really got the crowd going with some decent tunes
Jay Z 9/10 Fantastic, very enjoyable
Linkin Park 10/10 You can easily see why theyre a very successful band and the first two arent.

I saw The Roots when they came to my college. They're a hip-hop group from Philadelphia, and I liked them, but hadn't listened to a lot of their stuff. The major thing that surprised me was that they were so... musical, I guess. I knew they weren't your standard hip-hop fare (real drummer, guitars, etc), but I didn't expect them to be as melodic and tuneful as they were, as I wasn't extremely familiar with them.

But really, this is a BAND - the rapping was only one part of it. What's interesting is that the rapping doesn't seem to be front and center with them - their most famous member is probably their drummer (?uestlove), and the vocals just gel really nicely with the kind of music they play, instead of being the main attraction like most rap. Also, they had a tuba player! Awesome.

Extremely tight performance, too - they were total pros. Highly recommended.

last concert i saw was rob zombie and Ozzy osbourne, i really like rob zombies show more, but ozzy is the man i dont care what anyone says, plus zakk wylde is amazing.

Counting Crows/Maroon 5

The Crows are by far my favorite band. I gobbled up 2 expensive tickets when they went on sale in the spring. Me and a friend went down to the show tonight. CC co-headlined with M5, so they split the open/close positions between shows. Crows had the open shift this time, and they rocked. Probably played 7 or 8 songs, but in typical fashion each one was drawn out and improved well past its original length. They didn't play any of their classics like Mr. Jones or Murder of One, but they did touch on their traditional live tunes like Rain King, Long December, Omaha and Holiday in Spain. Overall, their set was very very nice, they did their usual humanitarian effort with promoting local charities and providing them with booths for exposure.

It's just a total shame that Maroon 5 totally blows and killed the vibe that the real concert had. They barely mentioned CC for a good opening act while Adam Duritz gave the pop stars plenty of praise in their opening bit. What a freaking disappointing ending to such a great great concert.

jack penate, supported by tinchy stryder and friendly fires back in easter
it was my sisters idea...and tickets were cheap. had no idea who support was until we got in so we all wondered whether we had gone to the right place when some shouty lil kid comes on all whadup g yo! thank goodness it was only half an hour set, just before his bedtime.
second support, they were really good actually i was most impressed, sorta indie/shoegaze stuff they did. best lot of the night i think. sadly they only did a handful of songs.
penate time, he only had an albums worth to get through so it was only hour n half set, they played alright, no gripes on quality it all sounded pretty good. jack had this great idea that he apparently tried at every place on the tour of getting the crowd to spit all over each other lol. yea he was a bit weird, played a nice positive finishing song called lets all die lol. it would have been an alright-ish gig but the crowd was terrible, bunch of pre teens jumping around and shouting all the time trying to pretend they were drunk. i was expecting indie guys n gals i didnt think penate would attract the consumerist pop hipsters that seem intent on behaving like a right spoon.

Last concert as such that I was at was the Leeds Festival on August 22nd.

First, let me start by saying that the main reason I was there in the first place was to see Slipknot perform. But sadly, on the 20th they cancelled due to their drummer breaking his ankle. I was annoyed, but I thought "Sod it, tickets are paid for. I'm gonna go anyway". So anyway, 2h 30m of sitting in a Nissan Navara and at least 30mins of wading through mud atleast a foot thick wearing Converse All-Stars I finally arrive at the main stage. As you may know, I'm 13, and when I saw the main stage I was taken aback by the size and presence of it. I expected big things. So anyway, the first band on the Main Stage are Mindless Self Indulgence, a fuse of electronica, punk and hip-hop. They delivered a fantastic performance, however, I only knew about 2 or 3 songs from the setlist. They were "Shut Me Up", "Faggot" and another which name escapes me, and they performed them well. They had a great stage presence and singer Jimmy Urine was good at keeping the crowd entertained with his witty banter and jokes. I'd give them an easy 8/10, marks deducted for not playing some of their older and more famous material and sticking with the new album. And for Jimmy's bashing of the UK, but otherwise, a good show.

*More to come, it's very early morning as I write this*

My last Concert was Coldplay, about 3 months ago here in Chicago. THEY WERE AMAZING! That is no understatement. I cant even begin to describe it. They shot the video for their song "Lost" and did an encore, ooh and ran past our section to go play the scientist in the bad seats. They played "The dubbliners" which will be on an upcoming album and green eyes. I really wanted them to play Dont Panic, But green eyes is great too. I've never sang outside of the car, but at this one my voice cracked and was gone until the next day. Insanly good. Fell asleep driving home though, not good. I was really excited for the concert the night before, so I was up till' about 1 a.m. which may not sound like much, but I worked at an orchard (the hardest work I've ever done for a 16 year old) from 3 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. I normally nap for an hour or two after work but I had to drive downtown to the concert AND back. I fell asleep at about 2:00 a.m. and went down the street at about 45 mph and jumped up onto the grass, of funnily, the cemetery where all my dead relatives are buried. I have and 08' Nissan Sentra, which luckily has electric steering, just like our beloved Logitechs. So when I jumped up to where the wall was, the tire hit a root, causing the wheel to jerk and wake me up. After that it was screamo and slipknot to keep me awake the rest of the way.
Update: Heres the Lost video...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-RjMRP5IbI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-RjMRP5IbI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Weezer!!! with Tokyo Police Club and Angels and Airwaves

Hoooooooooly smokes was it a good show. I got floor tickets, so I was right up front ripping it up. They played pretty much everything somewhat-known, including Pink Triangle and El Scorcho, which I was excited to hear. They also pulled some surprising numbers, such as a tribute to Noel Galagher's misfortune by playing Morning Glory. Their second encore was a record player spinning their new album, then Rivers and company come onstage, kick over the record player and drop straight into Sliver by Nirvana. This set me off, I don't particularly like Nirvana, but this song's just got the 90's energy that totally got me moving. Not so much everyone else because not many knew the song, but it was still great. I have a cold, so I'm currently aching hard from that and then the show. Jeez, totally worth it though!!!

Someone put up the Sliver/Buddy footage from last night. I was just off to the left of the frame getting it on on the floor.

Last edited:
Rancid. Lower Class Brats. Damage Case

Granada Theater, Dallas TX

June, 14th 2008

Well, It was a while ago but due to my abscense I didn't get to tell you guys about it.

Me and my buddies rolled up to the theater about and hour and a half before show time. There really wasn't anyone there yet, but we saw on a piece of paper on the door: RANCID IS SOLD OUT. We were instantly glad I bought the tickets in April. As we started getting carded and got our wristbands, the security led us in. The club was pretty small. Smaller than any venue I've been in before, so me and the guys were kind of excited at a more intimate setting with one of our favorite bands. Damage Case came on and the crowd wasn't too dense. We all had room around us to move around pretty freely. They put on a good show, but I don't think many people were really feeling them. The sound was also pretty bad. The Lead guitarist broke his E and never switched guitars, which must have been wierd as well. All in all good openers, but I didn't expect much anyway. The screen went down, and the next band started to set up. Took about 15 minutes and they were ready to roll. They were the lower class brats. The lower class brats are a Clockwork Punk band out of Austin. I haven't really listenend to them before, but I had heard some tracks before hand. The sound was way better. They played a good set, and the theater was suddenly jam packed! there was zero breathing room, but thats how a punk show is supposed to be. Plus people were starting to get pretty drunk so there were quite a few people escorted out for trying to pick fights. The singer was gracious enough to throw some water on the crowd, which somewhat helped, but I was down with anything. My buddy couldn't take the crowd no more and had to go to the back. I learned after the show he passed out on the way to the back. He was ok though, they gave him some water and he was fine. One of my other friends went back to stay with him for the rest of the show. Well, The screen came down again, and we knew Rancid was on their way. It took FOREVER for Rancid to come on stage. They were the only band there with Roadies, and they just had to mess with everything i guess. They switched out the monitors, the mics, but figuring as they were rancid and we're considerably more popular than both bands, the money aspect comes into play :lol:. So, They get set up and the screen comes up. The band is no where to be seen. All of a sudden the music starts up and Rancid all come on the stage at the same time playing "Fall Back Down". They had so much energy, which was awesome. They play a very aggressive and fast set with almost no breaks between songs. The crowd was pretty much going crazy, moshing about. The whole front section where I was turned into a mosh pit. And here comes the sad part. I was at the very front right in front of the barricade in front of the stage, everyone started moshing, and me and my buddy were dog tired. Our last concert was Warped Tour the year prior so our moshing skills were a little rusty. We got 40 minutes into the set though, so that was a pretty good constant mosh, but we couldn't take it anymore. So we pushed our way to the middle of the theater which was good to catch our breath. So Rancid played on, played some B-sides too which was Awesome (Tattoo, I Wanna Riot). And They left the stage. The crowd was chanting RANCID RANCID. They came out again, played Ruby SoHo, Radio, and closed out with Time Bomb. I was a little upset that they weren't going to do the Acoustic set that they've been doing on the tour, but it was all good. We left with our ears ringing, drenched in sweat, and happy as we could ever be. We went to a convenience store and got some water because it was desperately needed. I set my personal record for downing a bottle of vitamin water. Then we went home. It was such a good night. 10/10.

The morning after though... 0/10 Ach!

RATATAT

I had no idea what to expect of this show, as they're a 2-piece elctornica trance-hop band, but they rocked the **** out!!! I wasn't expecting to be moved that much, they just absolutely killed it! I'm still psyched now, and I've still got all of Nuit Blanche ahead of me!

Imagine this, but electrifyingly and insturmentally live!

Went to a gig last night and it turned out to be better than I was expecting... three up and coming bands, two from Glasgow (United Fruits and No Kilter) and one from Chicago (Maps and Atlases). The first band were excellent, although a little too similar to At The Drive In (or even The Mars Volta) for comfort (not that I dislike those bands, just not great from an originality point of view)... No Kilter were a very accomplished bunch of instrumentalists, but seem to have lost the ability to vocalise anything other than a blazing scream... alot of their instrumental sections sounded as if they were trying to be complex just for the sake of it, and it bore a distinct resemblane (in places) to Discipline-era King Crimson (again, not a bad thing) and elements of La Villa Strangiato by Rush..

The headline act was a bit disappointing for me - but on listening to them on MySpace today, I'm more impressed. The lead singer sounded like the guy from the Kings of Leon with pussy willows stuffed up his nose - but the music was very original, if a tad finnicky... which after having had my head blasted off by the hardcore rock of the previous two bands, was a bit like serving up a delicate creme broulee after eating a doner kebab pizza. Their whole image and their vaguely irritating (I think the technical term is wanky) groupies annoyed me - that and the fact that it was past my bed time - so I didn't stick around for the entire set. But I'm glad I saw them and will definitely be interested to see what comes of them 👍

I went to see my friends band play tonight, they're called The Threat of Popularity. They play music from a few different genres such as punk, ska, grunge and even waltz. I was really impressed by their music, it sounded so much cleaner and well done compared to a lot of other new bands playing in bars around town. There was a lot of interaction with the small audience, which made the show even more enjoyable. My friend had me yelling into the microphone a few times during the gig too. :lol: Most of their music was their own, but they performed a couple of covers, including Last Breath by Mad Caddies and the obligatory Knowledge originally played by Operation Ivy. I was able to get cheap beer at the end of the show, so everything was coming up Milhouse tonight. 👍

1-22-09: The Killers

As some of you may know here on GTP, my favorite band in the whole wide world is that little group from Las Veags. No, not Panic at the Disco, they're #2, but The Killers. For the first time in what seemed like a very, very long time, they were back in Michigan and were actually in a venue that could seat a healthy amount of people... The Eastern Michigan, uh, arena thingy. Of course, they continue to avoid my home town of Grand Rapids like the plague, but for once, it was nice having an opportunity to see them play live, within two hours of my house, with free parking, and a not-so-shady neighborhood surrounding it.

Needless to say, it was well worth the 130+ miles to get there. Their opening act, a French indie/synth/electronica/aweomeness group called M83 absolutely blew me away. The amazing synth and base lines hit me hard, the sounds were absolutely amazing, and it may be one of the few times where the music has just overwhelmed me to the point of absolute joy. I quite literally came home so excited that I went out and bought the CD this morning. it was that good. Hearing them play "We Own the Sky" live, well, it just pushed me over the edge. I can't think of a single time, ever, that an opening act has done that well for me.

...Anyway, The Killers...

What else would you expect other than a glowing review? I don't know how I could have seen a better act that night. From the moment they came out on stage, the awesome didn't stop. Even when Mr. Flowers admitting early on that he has been having some voice problems, I did not sense much (if any) faltering in his voice. Notes were spot on, the words were all there, and he was still jumping around on stage as if he were at 110% vitality. At one point, he was fewer than 10 feet away from me, due to the setup of the stage and where our seats were. First of all, he is tiny. Secondly, it always felt like he was looking in the general direction of where we were sitting. Weird.

All in all, The Killers effing rock. The person who impressed me most throughout the show, however, was Mr. Vannucci on drums. This guy, who always looks like he is decades older than the rest of the band, played his freakin' hart out. Other than the time I saw Van Halen, I can't think of a drummer who does this much work, much less without any sense of exhaustion. He was in it the entire show, rocking out, joking with the rest of the band, and entertaining all of us otherwise.

It would be worthwhile to upload my pictures, but they're on my cellphone, and I'm using my laptop... Perhaps later?

Back