Review your last concertMusic 

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 261 comments
Fleetwood Mac
Friday night April 17th
Quicken Loans Arena
Cleveland , Ohio

Absolutely electrifying show,even with the absence of Christine McVie pounding away at the keyboards.,they still sound great.
Set included these songs:

1. Say you love me - one of Christines songs,sang perfectly by Stevie.
2. The Chain - Once people heard the opening notes on this one,it was on. John Mcvie's bass was stunning,felt like the building was shaking apart.
3. Dreams - Stevie still prowls the stage in her Gypsy style attire,awesome version was played on this song.
4. Sweet Girl - Sounded really good live.Lindsey Buckingham started to get comfortable and warm up
5. Gypsy - Stevie's performance on this was just truly mind boggling,again,awesome rendition of this song.
6. Go Insane - Lindsey lit it up here,you knew it was coming.
7. Rhiannon - My personal favorite Fleetwood Mac song.The opening piano notes is all it took to get everybody up on their feet.Stevie can still wail like it's nobody's business,beatifully done.
8. 2nd Hand News - another great rendition offered.
9. Tusk - This one got the whole house rockin'.What more can be said about this song.The end of the song was played with the aid of music being piped in from the "The Dance" cd,featuring the U.S.C. Trojan Marching Band.Unbelievable to actually see this song performed,GREAT JOB.
10. Sarah - This started what I will call the "unplugged" versions or a cool down session if you like to call it that.
11. Big Love - Lindsey's accoustical version of this was nothing short of fantastic.
12. Landslide - WOW , The audience took over immediatley on this song,a sold out arena singing Landslide,just unreal. Stevie and Lindsey played it perfectly.
13. Never Going Back Again - Lindsey Buckinghams accoustics were absolutely amazing on this one.
14. I Do - warming back up a bit,it too was an awesome version to hear live.
15. Gold Dust Woman - The opening notes of this one got the crowd all cranked up again,an absolutely stunning performance offered by Stevie on singing this one.
16. Oh Well - the band starting to get warmed back up again,great version,you knew something good was on deck as they started to pump it up a bit during this song.
17. I'm So Afraid - UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!. Once again,the opening notes got everybody standing and singing along with Lindsey on this one. The guitar solo offered by Lindsey had to have been a good 15 minutes all by himself out there on the stage.Damn,this guy can still crank it up when he has to.Words cannot really express how Lindsey performed during this one !!!!!
18. Stand Back - One of Stevie's solo efforts was put out very well.I think I said it before,but I'll say it again,THIS WOMAN CAN SING !!!!!
19. Go Your Own Way - Everybody on their feet during this one.This song was played with so much intensity,that you would have swore the arena was going to cave in,another great rendition to a classic.

ENCORE :

1. World Turning - You had to know something was coming out of Mick Fleetwood sooner or later.His drum solo lasted a good 10 minutes.This guy can still hammer on those skins.
2. Don't Stop - Everybody still up and going after a masterful drum solo. The place still electrified,everybody could be heard singing along with this one as well.Beautifull done and with 200 % effort put out on it,it was a great version thrown out there.

ENCORE II :

1. Silver Springs - Massive eruption in the arena upon the opening notes of this one.Once again,probably not one person wasn't singing along with Stevie on this one.

If your a Fleetwood Mac fan,I very highly reccomend you going out and seeing them perform.It is a show for the ages,one you will not forget anytime soon. On a scale of 1 -10 , I personally give them a 10.

Great performance Mick 👍,Lindsey 👍,Stevie 👍,John 👍

BTW - a hint was dropped about a new cd coming out as well. :sly:

Also a hint was dropped about a remake of their most famous album ever "Rumours" , this would be a very worthwhile investment. :)

Wow, very jealous indeed! Excellent review, and it looks like they covered all the bases! My favourite tracks are "Gypsy", "Rhiannon", "Dreams", "Gold Dust Woman" and "Go Your Own Way", but I'd love to have heard the acoustic version of "Big Love"... glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much, sounds like money well spent to me :)

Just came back from The Presets last night. We had a nice section at the front of the arena, down near the moshpit section. Yeah, I saw quite a bit of Marijuana, and a few other interesting drugs... but it didn't lower the tone of the concert too much.

The concert itself was fantastic. I'm still completely deaf, my muscles are incredibly sore, and my voice is ruined. 👍

Spent the day at the Radio 1 Big Weekend in Swindon yesterday.

For a free (my favourite price) day out it was excellent, I didn't get to see everyone but a few of the best were.

Kasabian
Friendly Fires (band of the day for me)
The Wombats
Snow Patrol
Daniel Merriweather (ugly bloke by a great voice)
Calvin Harris (pop but fun)

and the hour long set Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe did was excellent as was the set by Annie Mac that finished off the night.

Good day/night out.

Regards

Scaff

Leftover Crack / The Casualties / Trash Talk / Warcola (local)
Saturday June 27th 2009
The Door, Dallas (Deep Ellum yay!)

Going to this concert I had zero expectation of a huge crowd but me and my buddy griff arrived an hour before Doors and the line had already circled the block. I asked the dude in front of why it was so crowded, and I completely forgot the Casualties have somewhat of a following. So anyway enough for pre-show, we paid our fifteen bucks, went in and got settled. Opening band Warcola was already set up so it wasnt too long before they set up. Another reason I'm not a big fan of the casualties is their fans, Mohawks have a habit of pissing me off. The mohawk crowd was pretty intense, their were way too many for my liking but I figured they'd all leave before leftover crack came on anyway, so it's all good. Warcola came on. Sucked pretty bad, but what are openers for anyway? The crowd was really antzy and the floor automatically opened up into a huge circle pit. Anyway, thats the only memorable moment of their set. Trash Talk came on. Dear God. I've never heard these guys before but they are a Thrash/ hardcore combo that I have never even knew existed. They played Really low Drop C guitars and very harsh vocals. They got the crowd moving very well. The stage diving started. twenty people would be up on stage at once because Security was very lax. The singer was intense, but was one of those guys who like to spit on the crowd whatnot, just pissing them off to get a intense crowd experience going on. Anyway, he threw the house mic stand out into the crowd and nearly knocked out a couple of people. They went off, pretty good set I enjoyed it. Casualties set up. Casualties came on and suddenly all the mohawks that were at the bar worked their way up to the crowd. Before the show, I never really liked the casualties, but they totally redeemed theirselves in my eyes they played a great set. The pit actually was a little more calm during the casualties but by this point the crowd was really drunk and sweaty and entirely gross. Casualties played a sweet cover of Blitzkrieg Bop and that was rad. Casualties went off the stage. Leftover Crack starts setting up but I'm only noticing Ezra on stage.. He starts to go around the whole stage testing all the mics and explains that since it was Saturday night the rest of the band was out partying. So he entertained the crowd for a little. Played a couple of Morning Glory songs, then proceeded to goof around on the guitar. He Played a melody that somehow combined the opening riffs of Micheal Jackson's beat it and Slayer's south of heaven. Pretty sweet. Stza came on stage and the crowd lit up. All the mohawks left and all the crust punks came up. The crowd smelled so bad they're gonna have to power wash all the walls to get the stench away. Crust punks smell so bad they would give crap a run for it's money :gross:. Anyway, enough on that, they get all set up and start playing. GREAT SHOW, 100% fun. They talked to the crowd a lot ala NOFX which I am a big fan of and managed to play a lot of songs from Choking Victim which was good. They played a pretty long set including "Ya Can't Go Home" which was a slower song (but one of my favorites) in dedication to their late drummer which died last time the band went to Dallas. Their were plenty of people on stage and singing into the bands mic it was a great vibe. And mohawks were kept to a bare minimum which was awesome. They finished up their set and I left completely satisfied. I was so stoked because it was a great great great punk show. Theirs not too many of them left in my area and to have a line up that would get that punk show experience going was a great thing. Great show, if their coming through your area and you like that kind of music, very much reccomended.

anyway, long winded but yeah. Expect another review of this year's warped tour (including me going back stage to meet the guys from Big D and the Kids Table) after I go on Sunday.

I consider myself very privileged to have seen Craig David, Stevie Wonder and Brian McKnight all within 12 months :-)

I've seen CD twice, super-cool performer and you know well how this lad sings!

Stevie Wonder was at MEN Manchester, and without question, musically this was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. The Live DVD is available, which shows the extent of the band and Stevie's total genius! I'm left thinking that I will never again see a musical production or performance like that again in my life. It was that good :-) Stevie hit it up on the D6 and smoothed it down on the piano. Just great to him do his thing!

B. McKnight was at Indigo (O2 arena venue), and just went to confirm for me that he is the best singer on the planet. Bar none. His range and vocal talent is astonishing, and I was blown away by his performance. I was hoping B would spend some time alone with the piano, and he didn't disappoint :-) He opened with "Don't Stop 'till You Get Enough" and played a rocking guitar lead solo, which became ever more meaningful with the passing of MJ. Indigo is a cool venue. I didn't realise when booking but I ordered the VIP tickets, which gives seperate access to the VIP lounge: very smart place to chill out before the gig!

I'm so lucky as I've followed SW from being very young, and both SW and BMcK have been inspirations for me to embark on a life-long ambition: playing piano. I've been learning for 18 months, and would not have had the motivation to do so without the inspiration of these two amazing artists.

Last month I went to was to see Oasis at Murrayfield. Far and away the best gig I've ever been to. Support acts will rarely get bigger and better than Kasabian too, who i've seen before (Carlisle last year, and Edinburgh Hogmanay the year before) and they were a class act as usual.

Best songs? The masterplan was fantastic. There are quite a few Oasis songs I prefer, but with 40-50,000 people singing along it is just an unbelievable feeling.
For a similar reason to the masterplan, my favourite Kasabian song was probably LSF. They stretch out the end of the song and everyone sings along, such a good song live! All of the new stuff was great too, Vlad the Impaler has a really deep bassline and strong beat which makes it really good live.

Problems? I missed Reverend and the Makers! I didn't know they would be there, I just got there for the start of Kasabian, and missed the Enemy too.

Overall, if you get the chance to see either Oasis or Kasabian, you HAVE to go!

Last edited:
Mumford and Sons @ King Tut's, Glasgow Sept. 12th, 2009

OK, so I'd had one or two shandies before I saw the concert, and my friend did fall out of the taxi on the way home, but I digress. I had only heard of Mumford & Sons when my friend told me he had got me a ticket, and I listened to a few of their songs on Myspace, which are quite impressive... however, in concert, they were just brilliant. The first song they did saw all four members of the band belting out a vocal harmony, and it was absolutely stunning. The drumkit was largely unused for the whole gig, with the band mostly playing acoustic instruments - guitar, banjo, double bass - with a keyboard or a slide guitar thrown in for good measure. The effect was startling - a powerful performance and brimming over with genuine talent. Great gig, and I highly recommend checking them out if you get the chance 👍

Mumford and Sons @ King Tut's, Glasgow Sept. 12th, 2009

This is one band I would love to see live, I imagine the intensity of their performances are really something else. The last band I saw live were Fanfarlo and it was a tiny gig, only about 20 people there. They had a chat with us afterwards and I'll definitely be seeing them again.

Last show I went to was SHADOWS FALL!!! In my city ANCHORAGE ALASKA! I dont remember much, because I got insanely Drunk, but this guy was recording the show right in front of me the whole time and I found the video on youtube!! its like a sober version of that crazy show.

http://www.youtube.com/v/48NWcgp-cxk&hl=en&

edited by mdoerator - video header contains bad language

Last edited by a moderator:
Kylie Minogue at the Hollywood Bowl

Kylieustrpicfeat.jpg

Yea, so last night I went to see Kylie - who was in Hollywood doing a show for one night and one night only. This is part of her tour of the states. She's playing San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Hollywood, Chicago, and New York. To my knowledge this is the first time she's toured the states. On stage she said it took her 22 years, and actually looked a bit emotional when talking about finally playing in Hollywood.

For those of you outside of the states, I should explain Kylie's notoriety over here. Most people don't know who she is. If they do, they're usually not particularly familiar with her work. Everyone here knows the song "Locomotion", but that's not necessarily a good thing for trying to describe Kylie.

So I was sitting on the Bus (the Hollywood Bowl has crap for parking) wondering what sort of people I was going to see at the concert. Would it be teenyboppers who like the bubblegum sound that she has in many of her songs? No certainly not, teenyboppers here surely don't know who she is. Would it be 20-something ravers? Probably not, not quiet edgy enough for them. I'd heard that she had quite a following in the gay community, so I thought she might get a substantial turnout from West Hollywood. But who else would come?

No one.

As I sat with my wife on the bus, I watched as car after car pulled up with two men hopping out to get on the bus. The bus probably held 50 people, and my wife was one of 3 women on board. When we got to the concert it was even more dramatic. I knew we had a gay community in Hollywood, but I'm pretty sure ALL of them went to see Kylie last night. There was a line in the men's room before the show and NOT the ladies room. When was the last time you saw that outside of a football game.

I wasn't sure what to expect going into this concert. Would she lip sync the whole thing? Would it be mostly pre-recorded stuff? Would she sing badly? Who would be in the audience? All I knew was that the wife and I are big longtime fans, and since this is the first time she's toured the states, we felt almost obligated to support her.

She puts on an awesome show.

The crowd was insane when she came out on stage (floating down on a giant skull). It sounded like I was in an audience full of teenage girls, but what was actually happening was that I was surrounded by grown men with tears of joy. She had enormous moving video screens all over the stage, lasers, a giant mirrored skull and she used them well.

She sang (very well), she danced (very well), and she even did a little acting. I've been listening to Kylie for about 10 years now. I've heard all of her stuff, and I had no idea she had the voice that she does. She did one song nearly A Capella, and did a phenomenal job of it. She pulled no punches, hit all of the tough notes, and generally came off as an excellent performer. Also, stuff like this VV happened.

kylie-cheerleader_669483n.jpg

Lemme try to remember the songs she went through:
Can't get you out of my head
Like a Drug
2 Hearts
Speakerphone
Devil You Know
Shocked by the Power
Wow
I Believe in You
Locomotion (yup)
Red Blooded Woman
Lucky
Love at First Sight
In My Arms
Spinning Around
Better than Today (not yet released)

Now, I don't like all of those (especially not locomotion). But, as a good performer tends to do, I liked them all last night (even locomotion). She retouched a lot of those songs to bring them up a notch or two (or 10).

Ok, in summary.

Outfits changes, impressive singing, lasers, giant floating skull, awesome dancing, and thousands of teary screaming men. She got huge applause, and it was well deserved. I'm glad that enough of us bought tickets to bring her to the US.

One regret:

If I went to see her again I would definitely spring for extreme closeup seats. She's 40 years old, and I wasn't expecting too much in the way of sexy from her anymore. I was wrong to doubt her. 2nd Best concert I've ever attended. 👍👍

81816796.jpg

kylie_narrowweb__300x463,0.jpg

When we got to the concert it was even more dramatic. I knew we had a gay community in Hollywood, but I'm pretty sure ALL of them went to see Kylie last night.

Ha. That's why I don't go to concerts in Ft. Lauderdale.

I knew we had a gay community in Hollywood, but I'm pretty sure ALL of them went to see Kylie last night.

You're so funny! I was at her 2nd show at the Fox in Oakland last week with the other half of the bay area's gay community (the first half were there the night before) :sly:

I did spot a little girl with her mum in the restroom. Not sure how appropriate the show would have been for her though, especially "Red Blooded Woman".

My friend and I had an unobstructed view just behind the sound & lighting crew (this also meant that we were able to see the playlist and know how many songs she'd perform the encore.)

A GREAT GREAT GREAT show!!

You're so funny! I was at her 2nd show at the Fox in Oakland last week with the other half of the bay area's gay community (the first half were there the night before) :sly:

I did spot a little girl with her mum in the restroom. Not sure how appropriate the show would have been for her though, especially "Red Blooded Woman".

My friend and I had an unobstructed view just behind the sound & lighting crew (this also meant that we were able to see the playlist and know how many songs she'd perform the encore.)

A GREAT GREAT GREAT show!!

What did you think of her new song? I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the new album.

Bob Dylan - Oct 11 2009 - The Greek Theater, Berkeley, CA.

Songlist:

Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
This Dream Of You
Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
Tryin' To Get To Heaven
High Water (for Charlie Patton)
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
My Wife's Home Town
Honest With Me
Forgetful Heart
Highway 61 Revisited
Workingman's Blues #2
Thunder On The Mountain
Ballad Of A Thin Man
Like A Rolling Stone
Jolene
All Along The Watchtower

Not one reknowned for putting on a spectacular show, Bob was pretty good to see live. Gravelly voiced and clearly getting on a little he played many songs from behind the keyboard and only a few with the trademark guitar and harmonica. Musically the songs were recognisable, but Dylan being Dylan he's adept at making it very difficult to sing along to live versions of even songs you know very well by changing the pitch, intonation and speed of certain portions of his lyrics (e.g. "It's A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall" has probably never been enunciated quite so quickly, which caught everyone off-guard!)
Very simple stage setup and lighting, just large black sheets onto which a variety of white patterns were projected.
He even addressed the audience to introduce the band, and cannot be said to be the clearest speaker ever!!!
All in all, a very pleasing show and good to have seen such a musical icon perform.

9/10 👍

Last edited:
Bob Dylan - Oct 11 2009 - The Greek Theater, Berkeley, CA.

Songlist:

Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
This Dream Of You
Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
Tryin' To Get To Heaven
High Water (for Charlie Patton)
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
My Wife's Home Town
Honest With Me
Forgetful Heart
Highway 61 Revisited
Workingman's Blues #2
Thunder On The Mountain
Ballad Of A Thin Man
Like A Rolling Stone
Jolene
All Along The Watchtower

Not one reknowned for putting on a spectacular show, Bob was pretty good to see live. Gravelly voiced and clearly getting on a little he played many songs from behind the keyboard and only a few with the trademark guitar and harmonica. Musically the songs were recognisable, but Dylan being Dylan he's adept at making it very difficult to sing along to live versions of even songs you know very well by changing the pitch, intonation and speed of certain portions of his lyrics (e.g. "It's A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall" has probably never been enunciated quite so quickly, which caught everyone off-guard!)
Very simple stage setup and lighting, just large black sheets onto which a variety of white patterns were projected.
He even addressed the audience to introduce the band, and cannot be said to be the clearest speaker ever!!!
All in all, a very pleasing show and good to have seen such a musical icon perform.

9/10 👍

Did you copy that list from somone's review or did you remember everything :sly:?

I'm not a Dylan fan but went along just to say "I saw Bob Dylan last night". I wasn't bored and the time went quickly, so that must indicate that it was an okay concert. I did keep remarking to Smallhorses that I liked it best when Bob wasn't singing (hee hee)

I saw Tom Petty with my dad on his birthday there a few years ago. I was bored for 90% of the concert, but I told him I had fun. At least be bought me a couple margaritas to make it a better concert but they were weak as hell.. Oh wells.

Bob Dylan

Tom Petty

Oh noes!2!! Does this mean The Traveling Wilburys are making a comeback?

Very jealous of the Dylan gig - I've gradually warmed to Dylan over the years, and particularly like the way he can completely reinterpret his own songs. Have to say though, I would have been a bit disappointed with that playlist, given that practically all of my favourite Dylan songs are absent...

I would have been most grateful for the lack of singalongability though. I went to see the Pixies and the gig was completely ruined by the 95% of the crowd who insisted on singing every word. If I want to hear a bunch of wannabees murdering some classics, I'll watch the X Factor :crazy:

I would have been most grateful for the lack of singalongability though. I went to see the Pixies and the gig was completely ruined by the 95% of the crowd who insisted on singing every word.

I went to watch Gary Numan about a year or so ago (i'm not a fan but my mate who dragged me there is a huge fan) It was like a mass karaoke :rolleyes:

It didn't help that 50% of the guys there (Gary Numan fans are seemingly entirely male) were Numan clones. We were in the bar before the gig started and i kept thinking oh look, there's the man himself - about 20 times. You wouldn't think that for such a non-descript looking fella, there'd be so many people who look exactly like him. :odd: I bet his view from the stage was like the 'Being John Malkovich' poster.

If I want to hear a bunch of wannabees murdering some classics, I'll watch the X Factor :crazy:

:lol: 👍

When I saw the Petty concert, there was 2 guys saying at the begging of the song that's their favorite one :lol: Also a women made a guest appearance and I think I was the only person in the whole crowd who had no effing clue who it was. So I was just all woo and everything trying to blend in. It was Nicky something... Its my sisters favorite singer, I guess I should know but my knowledge of this genre is very limited.

Stevie Nicks? If so, that is some special guest :eek: She's most famous as a member of Fleetwood Mac. Don't tell Nicksfix, as he will be very jealous indeed :lol:

Stevie Nicks? If so, that is some special guest :eek: She's most famous as a member of Fleetwood Mac. Don't tell Nicksfix, as he will be very jealous indeed :lol:

Yeah... I know who sheis, couldn't remember the name. XD Yeah, I've talked to him in the baseball sub forum, I will re-frame from telling him that :)

Stevie Nicks? If so, that. I'm glad is some special guest :eek: She's most famous as a member of Fleetwood Mac. Don't tell Nicksfix, as he will be very jealous indeed :lol:

Indeed I am :lol:

Yeah... I know who sheis, couldn't remember the name. XD Yeah, I've talked to him in the baseball sub forum, I will re-frame from telling him that :)

You can't hold secrets like that from me,shame on you :lol:. I'm glad you got to see a great show.Very nice.Which songs did they do ? Stop dragging my heart around I'm sure was one of them.

I can't remember all the songs as it was 3 years ago! But I do remember that they played Stop Dragging my Heart, Running Down a Dream, Last Dance with Marry Jane and a few others I should remember. But I do remember that he played most of his big hits so you can probably guess which ones.

You remind me of my sister who is a huuuge Nicks fan. She was with us and when she came on stage she was freaking this **** out... I was like.. is that his wife or something? :lol: Don't kill me!

Snow Patrol - Take Back The City Tour - Fox Theater, Oakland, CA. Oct 16th 2009.

Setlist:

If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It
Chocolate
Hands Open
How To Be Dead
The Golden Floor
The Finish Line
Make This Go On Forever
Run
Shut Your Eyes
Chasing Cars
Crack The Shutters
Just Say Yes
Take Back the City
Open Your Eyes

Encore:
The Lightning Strike (Parts 1, 2 & 3)
You're All I Have

Having seen Bob Dylan on the Sunday before this gig, it had quite a lot to live up to, and having seen both Franz Ferdinand and Keane play at this venue this year, we've come to expect a lot from it.

Snow Patrol didn't disappoint! 👍

Their support band, The Plain White Ts were nothing special, a lot of chatter, not such great music and only 1 recognisable, but not overly inspiring song.

The feature act were spectacular though. A great stage presence backed up by excellent renditions of the songs we're familiar with and a first-class light show to boot, the highlight being the 10-minute-plus "The Lightening Strike" which had a projected backdrop of colourful animated origami to accompany the words and meaning of the song as it progressed.
Good audience interaction in "Shut Your Eyes", but without being over the top.
Overall a great gig and highly recommend seeing them if you get a chance. 👍

Last edited:
Back