7.01.14 - SRT Viper @ Monza
12.01.14 - Veyron @ SSRX
19.01.14 - HSV-010 @ Suzuka
28.01.14 - Countach @ Willow Springs + Eiger
30.01.14 - 911 Turbo @ Nürburgring
4.02.14 - 911 GT3 RS @ Spa
16.02.14 - BMW Z8 @ Goodwood

Last edited:
Here we go again! I wrote a similar opening spiel 3 or so years ago upon posting my gallery of photos for the then-new Gran Turismo 5, and at the time a lot of the old GT4 photography community were marvelling at the amazing visuals of the new game compared to the old. It heralded a new wave of photography here at GTP, with less focus on heavy photoshopping to make the in game output look passable, instead allowing us to spend our time on developing new styles and techniques to create some truly artistic work. GT5 also heralded a new wave of unparalleled realism - some of you might remember one of my shots in particular that was voted one of the more realistic shots from the game, and I do believe even won a later hall of fame poll with it. Anywho, that was then, and this is now!

In this GT6 gallery I'll be (as usual) posting up some of my best work, and some competition entries (once I get around to that!). I'll try to make updates fairly regular, but no promises! :P Up top you'll see my table of contents, as it was, which will evolve with every new update I add. In future I'll try to add a couple of links and things up there as well, to some of my other pages around the web.

Now, to get the ball rolling, two small updates (quality over quantity!). The first is my first (second after the Honda Fit) car in the game, the Ford Focus ST, parked amongst the solar panels at Gemasolar. Highly recommended - it's the perfect hot hatch. Powerful, nimble, and far more interesting than a Golf GTi. Second up, in the spirit of the association between the Senna foundation and GT6, a Honda NSX, racing around the quite pretty and fast new Ascari Race Resort. Enjoy, leave a comment, constructive criticism, or just say hi!

Photos all link to a big version on Flickr. I've been tending to shoot all my shots at 2X mode in GT6 (so sharp and crisp!) so if you'd like a full res version, you need only ask and I'll upload the original shot for you!​

Last edited:
There are a handful of people that I truly admire when it comes to photomode. Even since the early days, you have always been one of the most elite photographers and editors around. I can say without a doubt your LFA on the ring shot was the best photo to ever come out of GT5 and is a level of quality I strive to achieve.

I'm so excited you got the game and are taking photos. The focus shots are so simple in their composition but ooze professionalism and art. The NSX shots looks as if the were pulled from a commercial. Love both editing styles/tones. Fit them both perfectly.

Here's a gallery to take notice of for all you new photomode users. Prepare for excellence.

The Focus shots look very realistic, and also simplistic in the shot itself. Your editing is what makes it come alive. 👍

Nice to see a gallery from you here 👍
I like a lot the work on composition in the first shot of the focus 👍
The NSX set is really excellent, love this warm general toning, the light and the choice of angles 👍

It is good to see another old face, being able to migrate to the latest version of Gran Turismo.

You're back! Glad to see one of my favorite photographers back in the GT5 days make a return in GT6! And your shots are as amazing as always. Those two Focus shots are superb (love the lighting/tone...looks simple and real), and that NSX set is simply :drool:, especially the first and third shots. Great angles and lighting!

Can't wait for more! 👍

Thanks all :)
@NBDESIGNZ - Thank you! Glad you like them :)
@RetroGiant - Aha, it's good to see you back into it as well! You're too kind! :P
@The R!CE Guy - Thanks! Simple is (usually) always best, especially in a pretty complex environment like Gemasolar...
@Skython - Thank you :)
@Kodje - Hehe, the lighting in general in this game is very good - improved over GT5! Ascari in particular is a great spot for photos.
@TVR&Ferrari_Fan - Good to see you again as well! I've been keeping a quiet eye on this game throughout the year and it's great to be able to jump back into things.
@Yui-san - Hey, nice to see you again as well! Glad you enjoy the shots :)

Second shot of the Focus makes it look menacing and the light leak (or is that a bit of lens flare?) adds a nice finishing touch. The third NSX shot makes me think of toy cars... I feel like rolling some of mine against the floor now. :lol:

How I'm missing all of these galleries is beyond me, but better late than never.

Am i glad that you are also on board the gt6 train !!

I enjoyed your work on gt5 and iam quite sure you will do as fine probably better as you did in gt5 :D

cheers

You were one of my favs in the GT5 forums and I always look forward to seeing what you come up with. Always quality stuff that I admire. So i'm very pleased to see you active here again. :) 👍

As for the shots, the first Focus and the second NSX shots are brilliant. Great toning, which is something I've always liked about your work. 👍 More please... :D

Oh and I also like your banner designs. ;)

Really loving the first Focus and second NSX pictures, elegant enhancement via smooth editing work. Flickr suscribed 👍

Scirocco-Nordschleife.png

New photos! I've always thought the Scirocco was a brilliant looking thing - even better in R guise. Here's mine, painted Silverstone Metallic, fitted with some dark BBS alloys. And where better to take it than a track day at the Nürburgring? I've tried to capture a bit of a track day feel with these, including as much traffic as possible! Let me know what you all think. :)

@Terronium-12 - Haha, thanks! It's a light flare indeed. Glad you enjoyed the shots - and you weren't late at all, the gallery had only been up for a day or two at that point!
@nanabu - Thank you kind sir! I shall do my best.
@GPR - It's nice to see you again as well - I look forwards to seeing your best photos from GT6 too! :)
@HaerBev - Thanks for the comments! I'm pleased you enjoyed the shots :)

Nice pics, the tonning is original and works well with this bodycar paint. I like a lot your composition, especially the last one 👍

Nice update man! I had a Golf GTI update from GT5 that was toned that exact same style. You nailed the setting!

I can tell this is going to be a great gallery as well. :D Love the Focus shots, and the last Nurb one is an angle I have seen many times, not with that panning mode however. It works very well with where the Scirocco is in the frame.

Amazing gallery Robert. I love your fist 2 sets! They're so speacial.

Great editing. :drool:

BTW Welcome back to GTP Photomode section. :D

The Scirocco is a great-looking car and your set displays that all too well. I like the toning as well, it's like the midpoint between cool and warm - it works brilliantly.

XJ220-Sarthe.png

Update time! Since noticing this excellent thread I've been keen to buy one of these semi-premium standards and see how good they really look, and when the Supercar Festival rolled around, I knew it had to be an XJ220. This is the supercar of the 90s for me, and I have many fond memories of bombing around Need for Speed 2 SE in a purple XJ220 circa 1996. Gorgeous lines, incredible performance, plus a big nostalgia hit - what's not to love? Enjoy the photos - leave some feedback!

@RetroGiant - Must be a Volkswagen thing :P My thinking was green hell = green tinted colour tone!
@SMfan - Thank you kindly! It's good to be back :)
@GPR - Cheers :)
@Grand Prix - Hey, thanks! Yeah, Panning Mode 1 doesn't get enough love - it's trickier to pull off, but the results can be really nice when used correctly.
@Boabdulrahman - Thanks very much! Glad you enjoyed the update :)
@zzz_pt - Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Are you a newcomer to the photomode forums? It's a great little community.
@Terronium-12 - Thank you kind sir. The Scirocco is indeed a stunning little motor.​

Wow. The last shot captures the scenery besides the track nicely. And the tones look great. 👍

I also liked how your Scirocco set really captured the atmosphere of going for a lap at the Nurburgring in real life (with other cars in view but not in the spotlight). :D

Back