Revolution Studios :: BMW Z8 @ Goodwood Festival of Speed

Granturismo-Matterhorn.png

More updates! I'm pretty pleased with how this set came out - after seeing some of the excellent Matterhorn shots done by many others (@NBDESIGNZ in particular had a rather excellent set of a Diablo there, I encourage you to go check it out) I was inspired to go and shoot there myself, but try and get a different feel and mood to the shots than I'd seen there before. And so, my racey Rosso Corsa Maserati on a moody, foggy day in the Swiss Alps.

In other news, I've decided to not worry about resizing my shots anymore for upload - everything can be found at full 2X resolution (up to 3840px across) by simply clicking on them above, which goes to Flickr. Enjoy!

@Skython - Thanks! That's the feel I was going for with the Nurburgring shots - glad you like it!
@Cedar - Thank you, kind sir! Will do!
@mazda787 - Cheers - glad you liked it :)

Loving that XJ220 Rev, the colour is very nice. Shots 1 & 3 in particular are fantastic. 👍

Also like GTS set, really nice misty moody feel to them and nice toning. Contrasts well with the red of the car to make it pop. 👍

@Skython - Thanks! Mmm, I was impressed at how cool Matterhorn looked when I mucked around with the weather settings! GT6 has lovely lighting.
@GPR - Thanks! It's Madeira Metallic - the only colour for an XJ220 in my opinion! Glad you like the Maserati set too :)

Your XJ220 and your GTS sets are both excellent!;) Love the first XJ220 shot and the first two shots in your GTS set. I think the misty backdrop looks great and the lighting/lens flare effects are a nice touch.👍

I love your banners into first post, very impressive!:drool:
The photos are all amazing, very good style of editing! Tone, lights, lens flares ar so great! Well done! wait for more ;):cheers::cheers:

Nice work on the Maserati set, lighting and flares are well used. ;)👍 Only thing I don't like is the hood with it's clips :scared:

Absolutely love how the cool tones go so impeccably well with the red on the Maserati, makes the set feel much more complete and well-thought. 👍 And I especially like how your set gives me the feel of someone having a blast driving his car for the last time- that sort of setting and mood. :cheers:

Viper-Monza.png

And a bit of a bonus shot - I thought I'd have a go at one of these wet weather photoshops I see around the place these days... this time at the Nürburgring...

Update time! This car has been a bit of a surprise favourite for me, I've always had a bit of a thing for the Viper dating back to finding a picture of a red RT/10 in a big book of sportscars in the mid 90s - and the GTS Blue Pearl/White Stripes colour combo available on the new GTS made it a must-have for my garage. The surprising bit was how well it drives - it's loads of fun, fast, and handles well! I took it out to a pretty wet and blustery Monza for a few shots, before driving it through a proper downpour at Nurburgring (this one taken during the Rainmasters race in IA, I believe!). Enjoy!

@The R!CE Guy - Thanks for the comment! Glad you liked it - I got lucky with that misty backdrop, I wasn't expecting it to be so moody and cool :P
@Ronin387 - Thanks very much! Hehe, I put a bit of effort into the first post so I'm glad it shows.
@NBDESIGNZ - Thanks! Aaah, hehe, but it's a lightweight racer! GT3-style! :P
@Taiga - Thanks for the feedback :) Haha, I see what you mean - I can assure you though, that definitely won't be the last time I drive that car - too much fun!​

Very nice set Rev, that combo sure worked well. You seem to be mastering the misty cold feel lately. 👍

I really like shots 1 & 2 best. Good to see some nice use of mode 1 also. 👍

I really like a lot your XJ220 set. I always loved this car and this is one of the best set with it I've seen around here. The last shot is especially good, with a great speed effect, an excellent composition (with the different levels of background) and a beautiful light.
I agree with George about the Maserati set, great toning and mood in these pics 👍
And the last set with the Viper has also a strong atmosphere, love the bokeh and the toning of the second shot !

Love the foggy weather edit in the last set. That 4th shot does it for me. Great sense of speed in it and the reflections are great as well.

In my dreams the XJ 220 is a premium car, The Matterhorn Maserati pictures are filld with an intense and unsual toning and I truely loving it, must find how to get close result. The Viper part is filled with a strong atmosphere, we can almost hear the roaring engine like a unearthly monster lurking in the fog 👍

Wow, the rain edit is great! Took me awhile to notice some of the nicer reflection details (me taking awhile to notice is nothing to do with you. I'm just a little daft :lol:), but they look great! 👍 Though I do feel sorry for whoever's driving... A Viper in the rain? Well I guess they sort of brought it upon them-self. :P

Extremely digging the cool tones and the simplicity of the whole thing. It's kinda refreshing in the face of all sorts of wacky compositions nowadays.

Veyron-SSRX.png

Update time! I've been eyeing off a Veyron since I noticed that it was one of the newly minted premiums included in GT6, and so tonight after dusting off a few of the IA championships and with plenty of cash in the bank I cashed in and bought myself this black on black example. This set was shot for this cycle of the 3.0 comp, the theme being Elemental, and my element of choice being "DARK". Enjoy!

Sidenote: Yes, this is a top speed run. Yes, I topped 400km/h. :P Fun fact - the rear spoiler pops up at 220km/h, and then down again for ultimate streamlined-ness at 370km/h. :cool:

@Ronin387 - Thanks! Hehe, I'm glad my flickr is finally getting some use - since getting it in 2010 or thereabouts I've barely touched it until now :P
@GPR - Misty cold feel is where it's at! Trying something a bit different from what most shoot. Good pick up on Panning Mode 1, it can give some really nice shots sometimes - it's a shame more don't use it!
@NBDESIGNZ - Thanks! :)
@Kodje - Hey, thanks! Glad you like my recent updates - I also have a soft spot for the XJ220... especially in that colour! I'm glad you like the second Viper shot too - I really liked it when I took it, but I was unsure a bit later that it might be a bit boring. Your feedback makes me glad I included it!
@Boabdulrahman - Cheers! Yeah, you can get some really cool blur with the trees there in Monza in that 4th shot :)
@HaerBev - Thanks! Haha, I too was wishing for a proper premium XJ220, but the new semi-premium model is pretty good... just have to avoid the average looking headlights! Thanks for the comment :)
@Skython - Hehehe, thanks :) Glad you picked the details. And hey, the new Viper isn't too bad at all in the rain! I mean, it's no picnic, but it could be worse :P
@Taiga - Haha, thanks! Simplicity is the name of the game - Less is more, right? :D
@RetroGiant - Thanks RG! I aim to please :)

Last edited:
I love the first 2 Viper shots. The calm, misty atmosphere compliments the blue on the GTS really well.;)👍 And just like Herve mentioned, I can imagine hearing the roar of the Viper's V10 in this kind of environment.

As for your Veyron set, shots 1 & 3 are my faves. The reflections look great and the use of vignette really helps to emphasize the feeling of consuming darkness.👍

Nice set, I really like shot 1. And the addition of subtle reflections on the road is great. Black car night setting hard to pull off but I think you did it very well. 👍

I hear ya about the pan mode 1 usage. I used it a fair number of times in GT5, haven't exploited it much yet in GT6 but I'm sure I will soon. ;)

Great set again Rev! So crisp and clean. Black on black is one tough combo but you nailed it flawlessly Every time I attempt night shots the color & shadow banding/separation turns out to be a nightmare on all my shots. Did you have to do much cleanup? If not how are you avoiding it. My sky shots banding seems worse in GT6 than in GT5. Surely little things like this will be fixed for GT7 on ps4.

@TVR&Ferrari_Fan - Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like it.
@The R!CE Guy - Thanks! Haha, that was exactly what I was going for with the heavy vignette!
@GPR - Heh, tell me about it... There were a heap of shots from this set that didn't quite make the cut because the black on night didn't come up well, it was very much about picking the perfect moment and the right angle to pause the replay so that the car was lit nicely!
@Cedar - thanks! The tunnel there at SSRX looks pretty cool in photos.
@RetroGiant - thanks! Hmmm, I've not experienced any issues with colour banding with this set... Or with many of my shots at all really, save a few of the sky where you get the inevitable splits. Are you shooting in 2X mode?

Very nice set once more, I really like all these last pics. Great sense of speed in all of them with a a good composition and some well choosen angles, and very nice edit work too. My fav' are the second (love this kind of compo and use of road marks) and the last (love the multicolor reflexion of the light in the water 👍)
Great job again !

HSV-Suzuka.png

New set! As promised in my Q&A, here's a set of my favourite Super GT car in GT6 - my Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model, painted Texas Gold with bright red wheels. It's super grippy and fast, and that exhaust note is fantastic! Highly recommended. The race is the Suzuka 10 lap challenge in the Super events - good fun, especially once the clouds open up and the rain begins to fall!

@Kodje - Thanks for the comment! Aha, I'm glad somebody noticed the multicoloured reflections in the water - I thought it was a cool subtle touch to add, I wasn't sure if anybody noticed it though! :lol:

Great looking machine that one. It too is one of my favs, it performs so well and as you mention that noise. :)

I like the feel and mood of these. Shot 1 is awesome but shot 5 is even better I think. Those 2 are the standouts to me. The sky in 5 really adds a lot of dimension. 👍

Nothing wrong with the others though. ;)

Back