rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
ISI stated in the comments that we would get to play it this year. This is the most excited i've been about a game since GT5. It looks awesome, it will be awesome, I can't wait.

Can't wait to see the QQ about the graphics being Dx9 only though.

Team RMT has released a new preview video of their World Super GT 2 mod for rFactor 2, showing off a short showroom presentation of the semi-fictional GT500 race version of the Aston Martin One-77

Powered by a 7.3 liter V12 engine that puts out 700hp, the One-77 is Aston Martin’s most spectacular road-going sports car. Only 77 examples of the One-77 are planned to be build, the car will sell for around 1.5 million Dollars.

Successor to World Super GT for GTR 2, World Super GT 2 will bring some of of the most legendary GT cars of the 90s as well as Super GT GT500 class machinery to rFactor 2. http://www.virtualr.net/world-super-gt-2-aston-martin-one-77-presentation

You've gotta understand that it's only a stand against piracy. They've let rfactor go and get pirated for years and years,all you needed was a simple crack. Now this, while it may not stop everyone, may make it more difficult for people.

Hi people..

I didnt try rfactor one, im a gt fan and never played anything else.. but il definetly try rfactor 2..

Im interested to know how are the phuisics compare to gt, all around gaming etc.. any feedback vould be nice.. i have minimum requeriments for playing on pc but what are the diference if i upgrade my pc..

Im a complete noob about rfactor, please help..:guilty:

We don't know what the physics are like because they havent really said or released much about Rfactor 2 and nobody has played it. I will say that the physics on Rfactor 1 were fantastic when they were released, and if you're playing the right mod (some of the base stuff with the first game game was terrible) the physics and general driving feel are very good.

Graphics wise Rfactor 2 looks much much better than the original to me, though still not up to 2011 standards by a stretch. I personally think that Rfactor 2 has a good chance of being the leading sim in terms of physics when it is released.

nice looking good. R factor one was my second PC sim changed my mind about pc gaming for sure.

Hi people..

I didnt try rfactor one, im a gt fan and never played anything else.. but il definetly try rfactor 2..

Im interested to know how are the phuisics compare to gt, all around gaming etc.. any feedback vould be nice.. i have minimum requeriments for playing on pc but what are the diference if i upgrade my pc..

Im a complete noob about rfactor, please help..:guilty:

Hi we don't know how the physics will be yet but from this WIP video it looks promising.

ISI said they'll try to release a beta version befor the end of december, but they only have 30 days from now on. About the pc specs I know rfactor2 will dedicate an entire core just for physics threads, maybe it wont be much frame rate dependant but I guess you'll still get the best from it at 60fps. The bad news is they won't release any demo, at least not in the next months, so if you have a low end pc you better wait and see how it goes.

That looks just amazing.. i watched tyre wear on some sample, it looks very realistic to me.. but as i said i never tryed rf1.. how close or far is granturismo 5 from rf1 phuisics..

I hope im not boring you.. cheers for help..

Last edited:
rFactor 1 was pretty good physics wise. It does depend alot though on what mod you use, ISR's list of top sim cars heavily features rFactor cars to give you some idea of what the better cars/mods are. http://www.insidesimracing.tv/topsimcars

What rFactor lacked was real world series and a career mode from the outset, also, regardless of the mod the AI was below par. Hopefully rFactor 2 can give us better AI and a better single player aspect for us who just want to play offline.

Couple of new videos:

Also, it has been confirmed that the Brabham BT20 F1 car is officially licensed and in the game.

Wow rf2 is looking quite sick. Really enjoyed rf1 but bounced to iRacing cause I got hooked on the multiplayer element and great ffb. I never could get to a 100% happy place with rf1's ffb even with realfeel. It was all such a hassle trying to get ffb working right. Hopefully it will come stock with awesome FFB and they take the time to put in nice bumps, etc in their fictional tracks

Still, iRacing has spoiled me by focusing on laser scanned tracks. It's hard to settle for less. It's going to be hard to spend time with rfactor 2 now :ouch:

Jav
Wow! If only PD/Sony would learn from their competition...
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous a company like PD doesn't have a bloody forum. At least a japanese one. People should have the opportunity to give them positive and negative feedback without all these moronic fanboys telling you what you can or cannot say. Kaz twitter account it's just the boss account. He is not the one who actually programm and test the game. You can't talk with PD programmers at all, they just keep hiding behind their boss account. Jeez, we are almost in 2012 from this point of view they are still living in Jurassic Park.

End OT/

Image Space Incorporated: 11-50 employees according to LinkedIn, I think they have 12-15 guys there
Polyphony Digital: 140+

ISI can afford to be very 'intimate' with their userbase as they're so small, you can't expect a company like PD to have all of their designers (which is likely to be a lot more guys than at ISI) talking to people on the internet on a daily basis.

I agree that it's strange that PD doesn't have a proper forum though, all they have is the GT subsection on playstation.com - then again they do seem to trawl GT fansites so maybe they don't think they need an actual forum, as the fansites are acting as their sources of feedback?

Image Space Incorporated: 11-50 employees according to LinkedIn, I think they have 12-15 guys there
Polyphony Digital: 140+

ISI can afford to be very 'intimate' with their userbase as they're so small, you can't expect a company like PD to have all of their designers (which is likely to be a lot more guys than at ISI) talking to people on the internet on a daily basis.

I agree that it's strange that PD doesn't have a proper forum though, all they have is the GT subsection on playstation.com - then again they do seem to trawl GT fansites so maybe they don't think they need an actual forum, as the fansites are acting as their sources of feedback?

Which is plain wrong for several reasons:
- Because "fansites" can easily become "fanboy sites" regardless moderators effort to keep things fair.
- Even if a couple of users agree with you, you can't send direct feedback to developers, nor to a rep, nor to a spokesman.
- Regardless how many employes you have, you don't need developers to ansewer and read questions almost every day. ISI have other people for this: Tim Wheatley and Max Angelo. They act like spokesman, helping people understand what's goin on inside the team and they answer as many questions as they can. This is where PD fall short. Why they don't have people like them?
- Why people have to flood and spam Kaz twitter account? Kaz is not the whole "Poliphony Digital", he is just the owner. And being the owner do you really wanna listen people everyday? Hell no, you just pay someone else for this! Look, ISI founders are Joseph V. Campana and Gjon P. Camaj. I hear about them two or three times a year, and that's it. They are just working on their products and let spokesmen do their job. This is how things should be with PD.

I suspect PD crawls the internet to read the occasional forum post. Like with any company, you don't want some random employee popping up on the forums representing the company and yelling at fans. Plus, by not having a central fan site, you give other sites the opportunity to shine equally.

Sure, extreme fans might attempt to poke holes in your logic but that is much more preferable to just posting your idea in some blog or something and not having anyone at all give you feedback.

I am not sure why people want to talk to PD? What exactly would you tell them? They would probably get flooded with thousands of conflicting ideas. It seems they are filtering feedback and doing the simple things they can do. They have done much more than the average console dev. Most simply release the game and run for the hills surely

This is why I like iRacing cause it's always a WIP plus they interact with fans directly

------------------

[edit]
rf2 looooooksw ssoooooooooo goood. This was my 1st pc sim. I cant wait to do some GTP races with u guys on it!!!!! these vids are incredible I am gradually getting up to speed.

Last edited:
Back