rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
You are right, it will only get better!
I just can't wait for all the mods and tracks to start apearing!

Jav
Hope it works, don't wanna invest on a new video card and as Sharky is experiencing Crossfire does not apear to be an option...
I'm sure the CF scaling will be fixed in due course, it is a beta after all :)

Initially I was barely getting 50fps down Monaco's main straight at 1920x1080 with everything turned to low or off, after a few moments of rage I discovered that MSI Afterburner was underclocking my active card to half its stock clocks instead of the +50/+100 overclock I have set up :lol: When I sorted that out my framerate instantly doubled/tripled. On high settings + level 1 AA I was able to get 30-40fps around Spa in the classics; the framerate on the start grid was 20-25 but it sorted itself out once all the cars were in motion.

Going to try various CFX profiles in CCC/RadeonPro and see if I can get some degree of positive scaling going, if I can't it's not too big of a deal as I'm sure it'll be sorted out eventually. Beta is really enjoyable otherwise, the classic F1s in particular are really hard to drive right off the bat... Scott Juliano wasn't lying when he said the cars are very difficult to drive for the first few laps out of the pits!

Hey Jav, check out this WSGT2 mod for rF2.....finish drooling...then tell me when your having an FIA GT series with the Mclaren F1 longtail,Nissan R390,Mercedes CLK GTR,Porsche 993 and Vette C6R lol .

edit I forgot to add the linkhttp://www.bsimracing.com/wsgt2-for-rfactor2-development/
McLaren_GTR_Show_Small.jpg

Ok I'm definitely not trolling, I have just paid £56 and there are some amazing things, notably the engine ffb, and sounds and I'm not at all saying I dislike it. But is anyone else surprised that graphically it's not as good as gt5? I have most settings on high. The fix arn't bad but I just expected a little more. I have a decent pc. Quad core phenom, 6800 hd radeon card. 8gb ram.

Neither, and I don't care. It looks good enough for me on high, it's the driving experience which is what matters anyway and even in beta form it's better than GT. rF2 is actually hard, unlike GT5's generally easy 'point-and-squirt' feeling - you can really feel the variations in grip (both lateral and longitudinal) while cornering in rF2 which gets 👍👍 from me.

The UI is pants though, but who cares about that :lol:

I personally am surprised not because I think its awful, just that given its quite a spec heavy game. I agree about the grip, I'm absolutely s&@te at this at the moment composited to gt5.

I personally am surprised not because I think its awful, just that given its quite a spec heavy game. I agree about the grip, I'm absolutely s&@te at this at the moment composited to gt5.
Don't forget it's still a Beta, this beta stage will last 6 months, probably they'll fix lot of things. I remember ISI claiming several times rFactor 2 won't be a resource hog so I give them time to sort things out first.
And again, after 1.0 the develop wont stop, let's not forget the last rF1 version was 1.255.

I just asked for a refund because of the graphics and also I felt that the steering was as if the car was turning weird, like pivoting from the centre of the car instead of arking, if that makes any sense:-)

I know exactly what you mean. However this actually is not a quality of the game. I assume that you are using the "chase"/"Swingman" view? Its actually the settings within that specific view that make the car seem like it is pivoting from the center. The view settings for swingman make it seem like that. The same thing occured in rfactor 1. Fortunately it's an editable feature if you know how to access the mod files.

Collision physics are quite terrible in the game, the tiniest of bumps result in some ridiculous crashes and airtime, when you bump into or get bumped into by another car it is massively over the top even with the slightest rub (especially in the classic open wheelers) and then there is the grass, its like they designed it to be a suction pad, if you so much as sniff quarter of a wheel on it in the classic cars you're either headed for the wall, a massive uncontrolable spin or both.

I just think in both those cases the game is way over the top and it can be very frustrating when you're racing with the AI (which are fast, very fast but they have no concept of spacial awareness around you and will drive you off the road, or drive into you and do strange things when driving in packs (start of the race like 4/5 ends in a crash with me and the AI, that I could have only avoided by letting them start before me).

I really like the physics, they have a lot of potential, mostly i've been driving the old F1 cars (the modern Formula Renault has some major issues where it bounces around the road like as if it has infinitely stiff suspension). While I really like the old F1 cars, I find I havent got a setting with the controller that doesnt make them feel floaty and unconnected, I never feel connected to the car and I can't drive them consistantly, pulling off a lap at Spa without crashing is very difficult because of all of the above factors, even though I'm fairly fast, I just can't get a connection going..

FFB is good but its very overpowering, it almost feels like it drives you rather than you're driving the car, and the FFB itself can cause you to crash, again this might be a lot to do with finding the right force feedback settings, but the only real way to do this is in the controller ini and there is a fairly big list of things you can change, but I don't even know where to start with it. At the point where the forces arent too overpowering the actual feel and weight of the wheel is very weak, giving a very strange feeling to it.

Graphics wise, I think its pretty good. I have it up on max and while I think some of the lighting and colour toning could use some work the game does a pretty good job, its a massive improvement over Rfactor one and the textures are certaintly higher than GT5, they just need to do a bit of polish and tweaking to get it all moulding together better, the most important graphics fix they need to do though is the performance, its shocking, this game wants a current top end pc to run at its best at the moment.

I know exactly what you mean. However this actually is not a quality of the game. I assume that you are using the "chase"/"Swingman" view? Its actually the settings within that specific view that make the car seem like it is pivoting from the center. The view settings for swingman make it seem like that. The same thing occured in rfactor 1. Fortunately it's an editable feature if you know how to access the mod files.

I know what your saying mate but no, this is in cockpit view.
It's very similar to GTR Evo or Race 07 but I think you're right and it can be altered with car setups.
I was getting a lot of oversteer with all the cars and it felt as if I was driving on ice. No road feel at all.

Hey Jav, check out this WSGT2 mod for rF2.....finish drooling...then tell me when your having an FIA GT series with the Mclaren F1 longtail,Nissan R390,Mercedes CLK GTR,Porsche 993 and Vette C6R lol .

edit I forgot to add the linkhttp://www.bsimracing.com/wsgt2-for-rfactor2-development/
McLaren_GTR_Show_Small.jpg

Blaze I will definitely be looking into it! Once the current season is over, hopefully by then some of the mods for the original rFactor will be succesfully converted, if so we will probably move on to rFactor2.

Last edited:
Jav
Blaze I will definitely be looking into it! Once the current season is over, hopefully by then some of the mods for the original rFactor will be succesfully converted, if so we will probably move on to rFactor2.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w02YajHh1Ek">YouTube Link</a>

Suppose I'll have to buy it then. :lol:

I know what your saying mate but no, this is in cockpit view.
It's very similar to GTR Evo or Race 07 but I think you're right and it can be altered with car setups.
I was getting a lot of oversteer with all the cars and it felt as if I was driving on ice. No road feel at all.
Even with rFactor 1 if the FFB settings are slightly wrong or not optimized it feels weird/oversteering/undriveable, probably is the same with rF2. This is not GT5. Don't expect anthing "plug n play" in rF or rF2, people need to understand how to fine tune FFB to get out the most of it and/or solve issues.

Suppose I'll have to buy it then. :lol:

Oh yes you do! But seriously, it all depends on how easy it is to host. I couldn't make it work on rFactor1, so it all depends on how easily it would be to host racing on rFactor2. Maybe it would be possible to rent a server?

Jav
Oh yes you do! But seriously, it all depends on how easy it is to host. I couldn't make it work on rFactor1, so it all depends on how easily it would be to host racing on rFactor2. Maybe it would be possible to rent a server?

All of us should buy rFactor 2 and we should all play!

I think it should be better in rFactor 2, the new pay structure certainly leans toward it being easier.

^ Well they got a head start developing the game in rF1 with the intention of releasing it with rF2 so those are rF1 videos but now they are experimenting with rF2 modding now using, get this, an Aston Martin One-77 Super GT car(GT500)!. That car looks so right for SGT!

So I'm back in town. I installed rF2 and bought it. I am surprised my PC can run it, to be honest. New interface to get used to.

Question, I specified a "nickname" when I purchased it but my full name shows up in game...I'd rather use my nickname, how?

Question, I specified a "nickname" when I purchased it but my full name shows up in game...I'd rather use my nickname, how?
From what I can tell, you need to edit rfactor.name in appdata\roaming\.rfactor. Hopefully there'll be an option to change it in-game at some point.

From what I can tell, you need to edit rfactor.name in appdata\roaming\.rfactor. Hopefully there'll be an option to change it in-game at some point.

I see, odd it asked for a nickname then not use it. Thx Sharky.

Jav
I have no clue Voltaic.
Ok they've added download links now, that means I can now download directly with no need for the torrents right?
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396-Downloads

If you mean the "http" links, then yes Jav

Back