rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
Finally picked this up, it's hard to get a handle on but I think I finally got it.. The FFB was hard to find a setting to my liking and the wheel feels much "lighter" in comparison to Rfactor 1.

I must say the more I drive this, the more I enjoy it. FFB was hard to get used to, but as somebody already pointed out once you figure it out, you really can start to feel what the car is doing, etc. What's up with the rain though? It feels great, but the AI seem to be very very good in it for some reason.. I try to follow them around and they can out brake me, etc and when I try that same braking point, I end up going way way off or completely missing the corner.. Any reason for this? In the dry they run competitive lap times and when I mimic them, I don't crash or fly off the track.

Is anyone not able to get tracks to show up in game? I can see it in the mod manager and it's installed, I just can't see it in game..

After some thought last night, I decided ultimately to retire rFactor 2. I haven't been playing it much and didn't really be drawn too much to it to make me ditch the original rFactor. So I will mostly just enjoy watching you all here and elsewhere play rFactor 2 and see all the mods and such. I don't hate rFactor 2 or anything, I just can't get into it and play it joyously.

As always with PRC, take everything you read with a grain (more like a whole ocean's worth) of salt, but it seems ISI themselves are ready to give up on the title altogether:

http://pretendracecars.net/2016/03/24/winding-down-operations/
http://pretendracecars.net/2016/03/20/you-have-selected-no/

A shame really. I haven't even tried rF2 myself, but they say it has the best physics (even better than AC) and the only one that can compete with iRacing. The poor mod support and lack of anything resembling a game around it kills it though. If ISI does go under, I hope another dev picks up the physics code and creates a full fledged game out of it (like what Simbin did with gmotor2).

As always with PRC, take everything you read with a grain (more like a whole ocean's worth) of salt, but it seems ISI themselves are ready to give up on the title altogether:

http://pretendracecars.net/2016/03/24/winding-down-operations/
http://pretendracecars.net/2016/03/20/you-have-selected-no/

A shame really. I haven't even tried rF2 myself, but they say it has the best physics (even better than AC) and the only one that can compete with iRacing. The poor mod support and lack of anything resembling a game around it kills it though. If ISI does go under, I hope another dev picks up the physics code and creates a full fledged game out of it (like what Simbin did with gmotor2).

Well they've just put out some new content (Toban Raceway and a 70's Stock car) and according a thread by a dev on the ISI forum they have a new build coming next week and still more content to come, so I wouldn't exactly say they're giving up on it...

Well they've just put out some new content (Toban Raceway and a 70's Stock car) and according a thread by a dev on the ISI forum they have a new build coming next week and still more content to come, so I wouldn't exactly say they're giving up on it...

From the articles that I posted, the impression that I get is they are going to keep putting out content, but it's all going to be outsourced to modders. ISI themselves aren't going to do much work or tinker with the base game's physics or features. So basically just like how Sony is handling Driveclub now.

Of course, I would be happy if I'm proven wrong.

From the articles that I posted, the impression that I get is they are going to keep putting out content, but it's all going to be outsourced to modders. ISI themselves aren't going to do much work or tinker with the base game's physics or features. So basically just like how Sony is handling Driveclub now.

Of course, I would be happy if I'm proven wrong.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/28455-At-ISI

As long as what's said there actually happens, then hurrah :)

So... if anyone is interested in racing in a saturday evening BTCC league in blue Toyota Avensis... please PM me ;)

After some thought last night, I decided ultimately to retire rFactor 2. I haven't been playing it much and didn't really be drawn too much to it to make me ditch the original rFactor. So I will mostly just enjoy watching you all here and elsewhere play rFactor 2 and see all the mods and such. I don't hate rFactor 2 or anything, I just can't get into it and play it joyously
I'm about there myself. Simply because I can't play the game because it says its lacking content, the ngtc summer challenge cars and tracks?

I can't for the life of me find this content, add it and get on with driving. Could someone give me a dummies guide on what to do please?

I really want to play rF2

Thanks in advance 👍

So made it to Semi-Final of Road to Vegas first venue at Long Beach as a backmarker.

Semi-FInal.png

Wonder how much difference a better setup would make, seeing someone like Martin Krönke also as a backmarker in ranking gives me hope given he has beaten Greger recently to iRacing WCS title yet nearly a second off on such a short track with an easy to drive car.

So made it to Semi-Final of Road to Vegas first venue at Long Beach as a backmarker.

View attachment 595959

Wonder how much difference a better setup would make, seeing someone like Martin Krönke also as a backmarker in ranking gives me hope given he has beaten Greger recently to iRacing WCS title yet nearly a second off on such a short track with an easy to drive car.
Looks like you're in the same group as Lars, a sort of former teammate of mine in the Virtual Endurance Championship. Be nice ;)

Good luck in the races, though. Looks like it'll be very competitive.

Back