rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
What I like about rFactor, well you don't have to suit your driving style to match physics engine, just get known your simulated car and drive like in real life :)

I'm noob on rFactor, as well I'm not a drifter, but used to keep car on hands even on slippery road, then put driftcar mod on game and push, more than fun for me. I toke ~2min practise before this, so totally "new" car and it just sits on hand.
It's sad at rFactor isn't more popular, people are missing lot.

Haven't mapped handbrake yet.. :)

Of late, I have decided to give rFactor 2 a second chance. I thought of this previously as I had the rFactor 2 demo. GTPlaneteers have told me that I am not missing too much in regards of rF2 and the first rFactor. I still play the first rFactor because it is simply an amazing title with so much to do and so much customization. Many whom have played rFactor either still play the first one or are enjoying rF2. If you want to remain relevant and active, you basically have to go with the latest in the rFactor series. So I am thinking of buying rFactor 2 on Steam once I have sufficient funds.

Maybe the reason why I didn't get into rFactor 2 much was because I mostly didn't play it much and that I found it a bit harder than rFactor 1. I think I mostly didn't like how easily I would spin out trying to warm the tires or something. One thing that is different about rFactor 2 now compared to in the past is that Image Space Incorporated turned over rF2 to Studio 397 for continued development. And really, I just want to get back into the car skinning game and possibly even develop tracks. This is more like the "trying to stay relevant" deal for me.

I actually had been torn between trying to get rFactor 2, be better accustomed with Automobilista, or see if I can get into Assetto Corsa. I am now feeling like I can probably have my PC handle rFactor 2. If I do get rFactor 2 and get accustomed with it more, I will share my thoughts in a future post. I am just kind of just wanting to get rFactor 2 for now.

Of late, I have decided to give rFactor 2 a second chance. I thought of this previously as I had the rFactor 2 demo. GTPlaneteers have told me that I am not missing too much in regards of rF2 and the first rFactor. I still play the first rFactor because it is simply an amazing title with so much to do and so much customization. Many whom have played rFactor either still play the first one or are enjoying rF2. If you want to remain relevant and active, you basically have to go with the latest in the rFactor series. So I am thinking of buying rFactor 2 on Steam once I have sufficient funds.

Maybe the reason why I didn't get into rFactor 2 much was because I mostly didn't play it much and that I found it a bit harder than rFactor 1. I think I mostly didn't like how easily I would spin out trying to warm the tires or something. One thing that is different about rFactor 2 now compared to in the past is that Image Space Incorporated turned over rF2 to Studio 397 for continued development. And really, I just want to get back into the car skinning game and possibly even develop tracks. This is more like the "trying to stay relevant" deal for me.

I actually had been torn between trying to get rFactor 2, be better accustomed with Automobilista, or see if I can get into Assetto Corsa. I am now feeling like I can probably have my PC handle rFactor 2. If I do get rFactor 2 and get accustomed with it more, I will share my thoughts in a future post. I am just kind of just wanting to get rFactor 2 for now.
I own rFactor 2. It's nice to know the DX11 upgrade will be coming. Driving in rFactor 2 feels great. I think driving in AC is pretty great too and it's the new king of the streets when it comes to modding. So, from a modding perspective only, I think you would be best served in AC. Modding in AC is also much easier than the other titles. You've named 3 great titles with rF2, AC & Automobilista. Whichever direction you go will most likely be a very positive experience.

I'm having lots of fun with the supra, 240SX and bmw m5, rFactor2 is for sure the best sim for drifting, never had so much fun with a drift car as i have in this game, in most other games (especially AC) i find drift cars pretty much undriveable and i use normal street cars for drifting.

this video is even without handbrake, the car just does what you want it to do.

Hello
I bought the game today but there is not a single car and track in it.(the game is empty)
Little help is welcome:)
Thanks in advance!

Hello
I bought the game today but there is not a single car and track in it.(the game is empty)
Little help is welcome:)
Thanks in advance!
I'm rFactor 2 newbie, think you have to subscribe to their Steam Workshop items. Links to Studio 397 and ISI content. People have done collections on there that might make it easier to subscribe to all of them at once.

I am still thinking about possibly getting rFactor 2. I basically just want to keep up with some of the of-the-moment games. One thing I learned about rFactor 2 since the shift in development from Image Space Incorporated to Studio 397 was the possibility of rF2 offering some kind of online racing package similar to iRacing. I'd say this could be pretty convenient if you are an rFactor modder. I want to see how this would work if such a system materialized. Because I have been fairly positive about rFactor since first playing it back in late 2006, I can only imagine rF2 will only make the rFactor experience better. The latest material I've seen for rF2 seems to suggest a more elegant and more streamlined experience.

If I had a Hall of Fame vote in simulation racing, and if there was a such thing as a simulation racing Hall of Fame; I would hands down induct Image Space Incorporated into a sim racing Hall of Fame. Turning over development of a solid product to another group can be either encouraging or damaging. When I had the rF2 demo, this was under the wing of ISI. I haven't tried rF2 under the wing of Studio 397.

Besides these factors, the only real issue for me and what's holding me back is my PC performance. And if I also consider getting Assetto Corsa, I may not have too much space to shore everything. So these factors really will be factors in me enjoying my sim racing experience outside of rFactor and Automobilista.

I'm rFactor 2 newbie, think you have to subscribe to their Steam Workshop items. Links to Studio 397 and ISI content. People have done collections on there that might make it easier to subscribe to all of them at once.
you have to subsctibe to the various (official and non-official) mods in the steam workshop, most of them are pretty good.
There should be also an option to install all official content IIRC.

I don´t care about laserscanned tracks because the real ones get resurfaced and reworked a lot. No game has the current Nordschleife with the smaller hill at Flugplatz as example. rF2 and also RR have very accurate Tracks.

rFactor 2 | DX11 Beta | AMG GT3 @ Oulton Park International

I finally bought rFactor 2 earlier today. When I tried it out on my PC, I had feared I would be unable to play the game due to not meeting all of the system requirements mentioned on Steam. Then in trying to play the game, the game had the same issue of the camera keep looking to the left. The game even loaded long for me. For reference, I used the Inner Loop A course of Mills Metropark with the Honda Civic touring car.

All in all, I am sorry- I am sticking to rFactor 1. I'm happier with plain jane old rFactor than trying to get accustomed to the new model. So I'm missing out on a better handling model and proper weather effects and such. I just can't get into rFactor 2 after giving it two chances. Maybe with an upgraded or better computer, I MIGHT go for a third chance (maybe final one) with rF2. But honestly, I just can't justify getting into rFactor 2. So I am afraid I'll sit out getting excited for and playing rF2. I'm even enjoying Assetto Corsa even though I don't have all the minimum requirements for that game. I guess I'll be just fine with the *aged* rFactor 1, Automobilista, Assetto Corsa, and even GTR2 as my sim racing games. You folks enjoy rFactor 2. I am not angry or anything with rFactor 2- just disappointed.

Latest Posts

Back