rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
I've read over at racedepartment a few aren't happy with the graphics tweaks but I think it looks much better.
The work put into the improved shadows is very nice, the game is much smoother for me now running at 150fps.

Last edited:
Haven't posted here in awhile. but I gave rF2 a good workout today using USF2000 as well as GT3 and seeing if I noticed anything improved on the player-side of things, and I'd have to say after some initial load-times being long, things do seem to run a little smoother in-game.

However I haven't had much luck with recordings, very choppy, more than before. Going to try some things tomorrow if I find time/motivation before the Monza race, and see if that changes anything.

This sub-forum really needs to be moved up with the other sim racing titles.
I understand it doesn't get much traffic, I think that would improve if more people could see just how good it is. It's better than iRacing or R3E in my opinion, here's a sunrise run.

Last edited:
rFactor 2 has better AI than Assetto Corsa, doesn't it? I've only run a few races in RF2 and I've always jammed myself up after only a couple of laps and ended up chasing the AI the rest of the way...not exactly racing them.

rFactor 2 has better AI than Assetto Corsa, doesn't it? I've only run a few races in RF2 and I've always jammed myself up after only a couple of laps and ended up chasing the AI the rest of the way...not exactly racing them.
In my opinion the AI in rF2 is the most human-like of all the sims, not perfect but very enjoyable. I've never liked AC's AI especially where they won't pass at certain times but the AI in AC has improved to a reasonable point.

In my opinion the AI in rF2 is the most human-like of all the sims, not perfect but very enjoyable. I've never liked AC's AI especially where they won't pass at certain times but the AI in AC has improved to a reasonable point.
I can't even begin to understand how you create AI in a car racing game. Thankfully, CPUs can make hundreds of billions of instructions per second. I'm sure they have to calculate and recalculate their position, speed, rate of acceleration or deceleration, place on the track in relation to the upcoming turn and then calculate all of that for every other car near. That's probably an insultingly simple explanation too -- I hope the AI has improved significantly for ACC, but I've been quite fortunate to not have nearly as many issues as most people when racing in AC. I don't race as much, I'm sure.

I can't even begin to understand how you create AI in a car racing game. Thankfully, CPUs can make hundreds of billions of instructions per second. I'm sure they have to calculate and recalculate their position, speed, rate of acceleration or deceleration, place on the track in relation to the upcoming turn and then calculate all of that for every other car near. That's probably an insultingly simple explanation too -- I hope the AI has improved significantly for ACC, but I've been quite fortunate to not have nearly as many issues as most people when racing in AC. I don't race as much, I'm sure.
Agree, SOOO many variables... Other than the fact the many like multiplayer games I'm sure the complexity of game AI is the reason developers are creating less game campaigns/stories.

I just finished a 3 lap race in the RSR at Nurburgring 24H with 30 A.I. cars running 130fps. The new update has made everything smooth as butter.
The Flat6 is one of my favorites, this sim is truly looking fantastic graphics wise, the sunset races turning into night is jaw dropping.
Unbelievable with the best physics and all the effort Studio397 is putting forth, I hope to see the numbers rise a bit.

I just finished a 3 lap race in the RSR at Nurburgring 24H with 30 A.I. cars running 130fps. The new update has made everything smooth as butter.
The Flat6 is one of my favorites, this sim is truly looking fantastic graphics wise, the sunset races turning into night is jaw dropping.
Unbelievable with the best physics and all the effort Studio397 is putting forth, I hope to see the numbers rise a bit.
Is the Flat-6 a free mod or pay? I haven't loaded up rF2 in months.

Yesterday when I tried RFactor2 it was laggy even with only 13 cars. But F1 2017 and R3 Experience no issues of lag :yuck:

I don't know your system specs, but this is a good start.

In the launcher (small box that syncs with steam) go to settings/video settings and click GPU.
It will say "Auto" by default. Scroll down and select your GPU.
Change Anti Aliasing to 4/ Change Post Effects to low.

I don't know your system specs, but this is a good start.

In the launcher (small box that syncs with steam) go to settings/video settings and click GPU.
It will say "Auto" by default. Scroll down and select your GPU.
Change Anti Aliasing to 4/ Change Post Effects to low.
And check the box to auto close launcher after loading the game.

I can't stand the UI to rF2. AC's wasn't exactly award winning either, but at least I now have Content Manager for AC.

Grrrr...I downloaded the Flat-6 mod. I don't know why, but when I downshift the rear end locks and throws me sideways 40-50% of the time. The only way I knew how to always safely downshift was to brake the car down to an engine speed of about 3000rpm and then I could downshift. Believe me, I wasn't trying to Gran Turismo downshift - I have spent most of my time driving the Z06 in rF2 and I've never come across this problem. I figured the Flat 6 mod was paddle shift, not manual transmission, but I have auto-clutch on so that shouldn't matter. I've done this with cars on AC like the Porsche 962C, but it was my own fault for downshift too fast without downshift protection. This rF2 issue isn't the same.

Hi guys. Endurance Pack released, it is announced to be used from next Season on the endurance championship I compete in from 3 years now.
I tested the 3 GTEs on the server of the championship, set in pre-season mode. Here are the videos, TV cam then cockpit cam.

Hope you enjoy.

Latest Posts

Back