rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
I bought another stuff recently but next sale could be at the of June like last year. It will be better but still I think I will spend about next $100. But if the game works for you, you can't have much better ones. Some people are not able to start it, so it's not good for them, I guess :D

I agree with console to PC world transition :D I have almost everything for PS, Xbox and now PC.

I've only dabbled with Rf2 but I have to say the ffb instantly clicked and the sound of the cars is great. I just need to adjust my fov as everything seems so slow compared to other games.

I am not sure if I am right because I am still rather new to sims but since I tried rF2 I can't play anything else. It's possible but feels like wasting my time if I can play "the king". Maybe it will be boring after some time but I don't think so. Something in the game is very good. Physics is cool for sure but it's how everything moves too. So good to play. The price is a bit too much but I don't care if I will play it more. Today I'll probably buy 911 cup. Looks so cool. BMW M2 is super cool too because I know road cars a lot and this is very similar.

@TPGRacing75 ,@Johnnn
Well, you guys were spot on and called it saying that it would be on Sale sometime in June:cheers:.

Unfortunately, it only looks like the base (RF2) game is on Sale (%60 off) but I won't be complaining :).

Screenshot_20210617-145356_Email.jpg

It depends, this is a first wave for newcomers, I guess. But even base game with GT3 starter pack is much better than anything else and for great money.

Last year all the racing games and dlc were on sale around Halloween if I remember rightly. Not too long to go..

Edit: On Stream.

Last edited:
Normal Summer sale was with DLCs. It started on 25th. This year it could be different or this one is for newcomers and the next will be for all.

rFactor 2 will soon welcome the BMW M4 Class 1 2021 (I would assume that this would have been this year's DTM contender if DTM would've stayed with Class One rules). It's going to be available FREE on June 24th (tomorrow)! The car was demoed on the upcoming Monza circuit and the cockpit features that big break bias lever that we could see in the DTM up until 2020. Car has - as it was in DTM and is in GT500 - massive wang and has DRS, too. Also, it does feature THAT grill :)

The reveal stream has a 20min race, the pole time was 1:38 while last weekend the GT3 DTM cars did a 1:46ish pole on Michelin, the Pirelli-shod GT3s did 1:47ish times in April.

I would be very interested in people's opinion comparing the DTM 2020 cars in RaceRoom to this one. I'm generally a Porsche and BMW shill, so I'm definitely biased, but I'd say it's very cool from BMW to not completely waste their efforts for the DTM 2021 season that never was.

@Scaff: just a suggestion, you could use it for your weekly news video as background footage :)

But there's more! The Class 1 M4 isn't the only M4 with THAT grill coming to rF2. Yes, the M4 GT3 is coming soonTM, so iRacing won't be the only official option to drive the newest GT3 car that just topped the 2021 Spa 24h test's timing chart ahead of its predecessor.

The GT3 reveal is at the very end of the VOD, no in-game shots from rF2, just from the real thing. I haven't heard any mentions when it will be available.

Reveal stream VOD: (link set to start where the talk begins skipping the 15 minute countdown)

EDIT: some impressions

Last edited:
Studio 397 has released some new information:

June roadmap update:

Formula Pro car released:

Steam link for the car ($5.93, not sure about other currencies):

Is it normal to have very low frame rates in online racing? The new UI made me want to try online racing with this game but the fps dropped to unplayable levels. I used the same settings on a single player race and the fps was above 60 on the pit straight and even above 80 on other parts of the track with 50 cars on track.

Q1 2022 DLC is out, themed around Daytona we get two layouts for Daytona (Oval and Rolex 24hr Road), the Dallara IR18 2021 IndyCar, with all teams, liveries, etc, the Ligier JS P320 Prototype and the BMW M4 GT3.

New UI/UX coming next week for Rf2, let's hope it manages to overcome what is RF2's biggest issue, actually starting the game and getting on track in something approaching a reasonable time.

I picked this up through the racing sim bundle currently on Humble Bundle, and it took me around 75 minutes to get on track. Half of that was trying to convince the game that my G29 is in fact a steering device.

I picked this up through the racing sim bundle currently on Humble Bundle, and it took me around 75 minutes to get on track. Half of that was trying to convince the game that my G29 is in fact a steering device.
Welcome to the wonderful world of RFactor2 and its loading time.

The good news is that it remembers device settings well (most of the time), and once it's cached a track and car it loads faster the next time.

The driving is great, the UI and optimization isn't, and this is the good very (the last two were a lot worse). Once you get driving it's (almost) worth it, I love the driving and physics in RFactor2, but getting to track remains a painful experience.

A surprise update for RFactor 2 (the next one is not due to May) has seen tweaks to five tracks, and the patch notes (see video desc for link) say we also have a surprise coming later this week.

Last edited:
Is there any good sites to go through to set this game up, this has been the most miserable experience to try and start and setup a game i've ever been through.

Yea its a pain and a shame since 2013 to not have a proper detailed manual from the devs like for iRacing. There was a user guide created on Racedepartment but that was years ago and so its very outdated but since the new UI is basically only visuals and under the hood the same old often clunky stuff its maybe worth a look and since there are basically no ingame explanations of settings even more worth a read. Also many settings are only available in the player.json file.

Also and compared to the awesome user created guide this is what you get from S397: https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/

Last edited:
Yea its a pain and a shame since 2013 to not have a proper detailed manual from the devs like for iRacing. There was a user guide created on Racedepartment but that was years ago and so its very outdated but since the new UI is basically only visuals and under the hood the same old often clunky stuff its maybe worth a look and since there are basically no ingame explanations of settings even more worth a read. Also many settings are only available in the player.json file.

Also and compared to the awesome user created guide this is what you get from S397: https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/
Thank you! I just want a good sim with real endurance racing content. ACC was very easy to get going and my Fanatec DD1 dialed in. This has been a waste of a day with Rfactor, first they have a problem with new download thats causing some virsus scans to stop it, the wizard didnt recognize wheel setup and trying figure this FFB is a nightmare.

I'm no stranger to lenghty setups as I've played combat flight sims for 20 years. This made those look like setting up a toaster.

After installing and starting rF2 you always have to close and reopen the sim a second time to have it recognize your input devices. Thats how it works for me since 2013 lulz xD

It is one of the least user-friendly games I've ever come across. The content I'd asked it to download refused to do so until I physically went to the workshop and asked it to download something else. Then the game refused to recognise my G29. Well, it recognised it was there, it was just surprised that I wanted to be able to steer the cars with the wheel part. I eventually had to lie to the game about what wheel I was using to get it working properly.

Other than that, the game is awesome.

Exactly, it has some flaws but after first install, it's amazing. BTCC content is on the way so we will get fresh stuff soon.

Back