Nux Creative Works | Toyota FT-1 Vision GT | Update 13 | Jan 9th

To you too mate, and thanks for the kind words :)
Beautiful work on the Cuda set. Lovely choice of color, (That shade of purple gets me high :lol: ) and the toning you've used really fits around the car very well 👍
Also lovely shots from the sister, nice editing work there. The first is wallpaper material mate 👍

Thanks for sharing the sharpening tutorial too, I personally just make do with the Unsharp Mask but I've noticed damaged pixels here and there a few times in my work. Not that it's posed a serious problem yet, this I will definitely try!

And yes, lovely preview :cheers:

I noticed that Flickr's compression has left some subtle colour banding in the sky that originally wasn't there...:irked: I feel your pain @GPR !:(

Haha, yeah it sucks. :grumpy: I have to commend you on your tuts. It's great see such selfless contributions from fellow members. 👍

Quite a nice preview too. I like the tall portait format and the cool colour set. 👍

Yes bro the hollidays went fine, each time I'm watching a tv documentary about your country I'm amazed by the landscapes and mighty nature. The Aventador picture is excellent, heavenly toning and great car. I want the Maserati Gran turismo Stradale Novited as a dlc car ;) Bravo Nux :cheers:

Yes the Flickr compression sucks, after uploading a big panorama I sometimes must delete it as it's ruined.

Okay guys, I finally finished it! :D

For this set I was inspired by the Matte Blue Novitec Torado Aventador I saw on Tumblr. I love matte paint however I'm usually not a fan of the way it is rendered in videogames. It just doesn't look right to me. Though, I have to say under the right lighting in GT6, matte paint can look pretty damn good!

Also I've recently started experimenting with more portrait orientated images. I actually quite like taking these kinds of pics now, so expect to see more in the future!

. . . . .

Bonus Shot

:cheers:Thanks for viewing!:cheers:

To you too mate, and thanks for the kind words :)
Beautiful work on the Cuda set. Lovely choice of color, (That shade of purple gets me high :lol: ) and the toning you've used really fits around the car very well 👍
Also lovely shots from the sister, nice editing work there. The first is wallpaper material mate 👍

Thanks for sharing the sharpening tutorial too, I personally just make do with the Unsharp Mask but I've noticed damaged pixels here and there a few times in my work. Not that it's posed a serious problem yet, this I will definitely try!

And yes, lovely preview :cheers:
Cheers mate!:cheers: Glad you like the Cuda set.

And yeah, it would be a great wallpaper; if only it was shot by a camera instead of a phone...

Also no probs, it's my pleasure to help out other editors. The problem I have with the unsharpen mask is that it sharpens all the pixels on the image whereas the high pass filter method tends to sharpen the lines/edges.

GPR
Haha, yeah it sucks. :grumpy: I have to commend you on your tuts. It's great see such selfless contributions from fellow members. 👍

Quite a nice preview too. I like the tall portait format and the cool colour set. 👍
Thank you mate!:cheers: I thought it would be great to give back to the community that helped me to get better.
I saw new potential in some of the newcomers, thought these would help steer them in the right direction.

Good looking preview.

The compression with Flickr is a pain in the a**. I have that same problem everytime I upload pics.
Thanks Nicolas!:cheers: It's a pain in the a** indeed!
Yes bro the hollidays went fine, each time I'm watching a tv documentary about your country I'm amazed by the landscapes and mighty nature. The Aventador picture is excellent, heavenly toning and great car. I want the Maserati Gran turismo Stradale Novited as a dlc car ;) Bravo Nux :cheers:

Yes the Flickr compression sucks, after uploading a big panorama I sometimes must delete it as it's ruined.
Thanks Herve! I actually might add some body modifications in Photoshop to the GTS in GT6 to make it look like the Novitec version.

Last edited:
Love the work you've done on the Lambo, like expected this set is top notch, especially the last shot. The Bonus Huayra shot looks really nice too. ;)👍

Impressive work again with this lambo set. One of your best set to date (in my opinion). All is on top : composition, angle and you've been more far in your own edit style and it's even better than before ! Bravo !
And thx for the tuto, I already knew this tips but I thanks you in the name of community for taking time to do such tuto :cheers:

I have to agree with Jeremy on this set, to me it's one of best yet. Love some of these compositions and your increased use of the portrait format is nice to see. I like them.

The close ups in particular are great, I love shots 3 & 5. Right up my alley. ;)

Also this blue and way you edit the background to have that clean white light feel goes very well together.

All in all brilliant mate. 👍

Good thing you included that bonus shot, it's the best of the set! 👍 Mainly because it stands out as being different from the rest, and because it's dayumm awesum!!! :drool:

Photos like these make me wonder why I even bother taking my own lol. Brilliant work. Truly inspirational.

The aventador tail light shot may just very well be my favorite shot out of gt6 I've seen.

You really like to show off, don't you. :P Anyway with that revealed, it is time to say what my favourite image is. And well after a bit of deciding, it has to be this shot. | Reasons:

*Composition
*Idea
*Lighting

PREVIEW & UPDATE

Just a little update from me about what I'm currently working on at the moment. First off, as you can see here below, is a preview of my next set; a bright red Audi R8 at Goodwood Hillclimb. I decided to switch things up a bit and mainly used the partial colour filter for this shoot.

Secondly, I'm working on my Q&A as well as creating a "photomode guide" thread for gtarena.com to help those guys improve their photos. It will consist of guides and tutorials that a few of you have created and you will be credited for it.

Also wanted to say thanks for being the best community on the internet! Cheers guys!:cheers:

Click for Lightbox

The brightness of the pictures matches great with the matt paintjob of the car, I like these shots FOR SURE!!!
Your photos is just outstanding bro, heavy edit but still awesome :eek:
Thanks for the visit and the comments guys! Much appreciated.:cheers:
Love the work you've done on the Lambo, like expected this set is top notch, especially the last shot. The Bonus Huayra shot looks really nice too. ;)👍
Thank you very much Nicolas!:cheers:
Impressive work again with this lambo set. One of your best set to date (in my opinion). All is on top : composition, angle and you've been more far in your own edit style and it's even better than before ! Bravo !
And thx for the tuto, I already knew this tips but I thanks you in the name of community for taking time to do such tuto :cheers:
GPR
I have to agree with Jeremy on this set, to me it's one of best yet. Love some of these compositions and your increased use of the portrait format is nice to see. I like them.

The close ups in particular are great, I love shots 3 & 5. Right up my alley. ;)

Also this blue and way you edit the background to have that clean white light feel goes very well together.

All in all brilliant mate. 👍
Thanks for the kind words Jeremy & George! So you guys think it's my best set yet? Now, I have no clue how I'm supposed to top this with my next sets!:lol: .
The Aventador set is simply amazing!!! I haven't words for it!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
This is PER-FECT! No very much to say really... One of the bests sets I've seen. Simply amazing. :crazy:
Lost for words are we?:lol: Anyway thanks Max & Ricardo!
Good thing you included that bonus shot, it's the best of the set! 👍 Mainly because it stands out as being different from the rest, and because it's dayumm awesum!!! :drool:
Thanks Sky!:cheers: Glad you like the Huayra shot. It was one of those unexpected edits where I randomly started messing around with it, and then it started to turn into something special. Ended staying up till 2am because I was in the zone and didn't want to stop until I finished it!:crazy:
Aaah, so dramatic! Really cool and stylised. Very distinctive. Nice work!
Cheers Robert!:cheers: I like the words you used to describe my work, sounds very fitting.;)
Photos like these make me wonder why I even bother taking my own lol. Brilliant work. Truly inspirational.

The aventador tail light shot may just very well be my favorite shot out of gt6 I've seen.
Thanks Corey! Great to hear you like my tail light shot and you think my work is inspirational. It means a lot!:cheers:
You really like to show off, don't you. :P Anyway with that revealed, it is time to say what my favourite image is. And well after a bit of deciding, it has to be this shot. | Reasons:

*Composition
*Idea
*Lighting
What? Who, me? Nah, never....:sly::lol: Anyway, glad you like that shot. It was the first one I made which set the entire look for this update.
Amazing editing as always with your work. Love how you used a cracked ground on that second to last shot. Very fitting and dramatic.
Thanks mate! The cracked ground was inspired by my first 'Dust' - Aventador heavy edit I did for GT5. Nice to hear you thought it worked really well.

Last edited:
this R8 make me crazy!!!! as usual amazing bro! can't wait for full! :cheers:
Haha! You so crayzee mayne!:lol: Thank you bro, glad you like it.:cheers:
GPR
Nice preview. Totally doesn't look like Goodwood, but some futuristic light road. I quite like that. 👍

Haha yeah I feel like that quite often. ;)
Looking forwards to reading your Q&As :) I agree with GPR - doesn't look like Goodwood at all! very cool.
Cheers guys!:cheers: I had no idea you guys saw it differently, which is pretty cool!
Looking forward to everything
I wish I had your editing skills
Glad you're looking forward to my next set FJ! With time you'll get better at it; it took me about a year to get to the level I'm at today, not including the fact that I took several months off from editing during the life of GT5.
Awesome pics and awesome preview :drool::drool::drool: Gorgeous Aventador set :drool:
Fantastic work mate !
Thank you very much Ilya!:cheers: Nice to see you stopping by again.:)
Argh bro !! This R8 picture rocks !! Please please tell me what is the brown paint name ? Can't wait to see your next work Nux :cheers:
Thank you bro! Sorry for getting your hopes up, but the bronze looking paint is just Passion Red (Bright Red) in the shade with a couple gradient maps over it.

Hey guys! :D So after seeing Herve's R8 shots, I got inspired to take some shots of my Audi R8. I took my car to Goodwood Hillclimb (since I haven't shot there yet) and started shooting. For the first half of the set, I used the partial colour filter and the results turned out pretty well when shot underneath the afternoon sun.

The second half of the set was shot underneath the trees and required a different approach to editing, hence the entirely different look. The car ended up becoming a bronze-ish colour which I thought looked interesting.

Glad I finally got this set done and out of the way. Now I can continue to work on my Q&A. Once that's done I'll post some shots of the FT-1 I took last night. Anyway, hope you enjoy!:cheers:

. . . . .

:cheers:Thanks for viewing!:cheers:
[/COLOR]​

Last edited:
Love the minimalism and the compositions of the first part of the set. Especially the shots 3 & 4. Really artistic 👍
But I also love the second part and its great mood, they are just beautiful these three pics.
Bravo Nux, superb work once again :cheers:

Back