RIDE 5 to Launch August 24 for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series

• Thread starter Famine
  • 205 comments
Yeah, it's expensive... hoping it's worth it. Biggest problem 5 has for me is that I am nowhere near done with 4.
Then it gives you a good excuse to hold off until the price goes down. If this was an Unreal Engine 5 game it would be more understandable. Maybe R5 will be set up like Forza 8 is supposed to be as a long running game that gets years (5+) of updates.

Then it gives you a good excuse to hold off until the price goes down. If this was an Unreal Engine 5 game it would be more understandable. Maybe R5 will be set up like Forza 8 is supposed to be as a long running game that gets years (5+) of updates.
I think I want to wait untill goes on sale myself. I think I would be more hyped about it if it was current gen only but since it's not I think the other Ride games will suffice for now

kjb
I think I want to wait untill goes on sale myself. I think I would be more hyped about it if it was current gen only but since it's not I think the other Ride games will suffice for now
Think it is current gen only?

The thing with a Milestone game is that it'll be £19.99 on sale within six months or so, however good it is. I'll usually wait for that. I think I bought Ride 4 at launch, then spent about, I dunno, two hours, on it before it went on sale.

kjb
You are correct. I still plan on waiting to get 5 anyway

Oh yeah, totally fair. Got a message from Microscrap saying my pre-order was cancelled due to "technical reason" so since I'm still happily playing 4 I might just stick with it for a while instead and get it on sale once the first batch of bugs are fixed.

Same graphics and gameplay as 4.:indiff:

Ride 4 killed any love I had for bikes games so I'm extremely cautious of ride 5 and by the looks of it not much has changed.

Last edited:
Yep, agree it looks like no reason to upgrade from 4.
It’s time for games like these to be supported longer term with dlcs in similar way to ACC, especially yearly releases such as MotoGP and wrc games and the like.

1. Simulation physics option (IRL physics should always be the goal)
2. Real race bikes (I liked the artificial race bikes because there were a lot..but)
3. VIR GP track variant
4. More 1970-80's Chrome sport bikes
5. Real race tracks.. So may no need to build phony ones
6. Great elevation depiction (PC2 level)
7. Turbo era bikes (Seca turbo,GPz turbo, ext.)
8. Triumph Thruxton,955i superbike,Bimoto.....Moto Guzzi...KZ900RS(never should of left)
9. Popular SemiSport bikes Ninja 650,CBR650,CB750,YZF-R7,VFR,Seca,FJ,
10. Engine sound improvement(Not an easy task because nobody does them great)
11. HD VRod, 90's Katana , 600-900 Bandits, Hurricane, Radian, popular bikes of times
12. 24hr Le Mans (Older and newer)
13. BSB and AMA race bikes
14. Fantasy tracks = Scenic Road loops only (No rumble strips or atmosphere ruining signs, exc...)

Last edited:
1. Simulation physics option (IRL physics should always be the goal)
2. Real race bikes (I liked the artificial race bikes because there were a lot..but)
3. VIR GP track variant
4. More 1970-80's Chrome sport bikes
5. Real race tracks.. So may no need to build phony ones
6. Great elevation depiction (PC2 level)
7. Turbo era bikes (Seca turbo,GPz turbo, ext.)
8. Triumph Thruxton,955i superbike,Bimoto.....Moto Guzzi...KZ900(never should of left)
9. Popular SemiSport bikes Ninja 650,CBR650,CB750,YZF-R7,VFR,Seca,FJ,
10. Engine sound improvement(Not an easy task because nobody does them great)
11. HD VRod, 90's Katana , 600-900 Bandits, Hurricane, Radian, popular bikes of times
12. 24hr Le Mans (Older and newer)
13. BSB and AMA race bikes
14. Fantasy tracks = Scenic Road loops only (No rumble strips or atmosphere ruining signs, exc...)
The honda cx500 turbo was a nice bike for the time too.

Jeez... you guys, all saying it looks the same. Hello?! Did you not SEE the "5" behind the game name???
;)

kjb
I'll wait to get this one. It looks okay and I can't wait until they put the deluxe edition on sale for like $20 or less
Being Milestone it’ll be on sale within weeks so yeah.

I do like RIDE games, I thought 4 was good although I admired it rather than loved it….I’ll probably pick this up when it goes on sale. It just looks too similar to the last one to be worth full price.

I think it will look more colorful and less washed out(although it may end up looking cartoonish). I hope there is more people in the crowds for atmosphere.

The Rider cam seems to be more immersive ?
I'm pretty sure that's just head cam available on the race replay.

Honestly I think it'd be really disorientating to try and play with that camera. Helmet cam that automatically turns toward the apex is confusing enough as is for me.

Bike and track list is what I’m looking 👀 for.
image 6.jpg
images 14.jpg
image 11.jpg
image 15.jpg

Last edited:
Back