RIDE 5 to Launch August 24 for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series

• Thread starter Famine
  • 214 comments
From the Xbox Games Store:

"All content included in the Season Pass will be released by February 2024."

So, only 6 months of post launch support? As for paid DLCs, which are supposed to have the most interesting content, it doesn't seem like a lot of effort on their part. But obviously I don't know how many DLCs will arrive (if two will arrive a month, then it will be 12 DLCs, and that wouldn't be bad). We will see.

From the Xbox Games Store:

"All content included in the Season Pass will be released by February 2024."

So, only 6 months of post launch support? As for paid DLCs, which are supposed to have the most interesting content, it doesn't seem like a lot of effort on their part. But obviously I don't know how many DLCs will arrive (if two will arrive a month, then it will be 12 DLCs, and that wouldn't be bad). We will see.
On the Ride 5 home page they comment 33 bikes and 6 tracks……. Considering the bikes and tracks removed from Ride 4….I don’t know if the DLC would be considered post-support or post restoration!!!!! Lol

Put a little more time in and have to say the Race creator is a big positive. But they make a big deal hyping it but it’s simply a custom race/championship option. The fact they finally put offline custom championship back into the game is the SINGLE biggest positive of Ride 5 for me And if I stick with it that is the mode I’d use instead of the career. But what is the point of ”racing” let alone a championship if the AI is still bad & unfair?

If you could turn off the narrative parts of Career mode I’d probably put a little more time into, but it’s just insanely cheesy and annoying. They are basically trying to create “Drive To Survive” type drama with an AI rider that is generic and no different from the next AI rider. So the Head To Head races narrative aside really aren’t anything special and are the same as the one to one races they use to put in the MotoGP games

Game is VERY inconsistent. The gifted CBR600 sounds amazing while other bikes like the R6 and R1 sound kind of flat. that brake/clutch thing right now happens sometimes and with some bikes and then not with others, or not all the time on the bikes that do it.

Another positive and it’s very slight and most casual players won’t notice. But you can hear the tires when they break traction and if you play 1st person you can see the bars fold when you’re about to lose the front.

The livery editor is pretty buggy, so save often. And add another 2 game crashes as well.

It’s unfortunate Milestone has released the game as is. Like SBK 22 this simply should have been a DLC for Ride 4. Again the game plays pretty good. It’s just not worth full price (especially the Special addition version). Milestone really should take a step back and rethink their strategy because they are burning bridges. Ride 4 had every bike I’ve owned in it and most of my favorite tracks. Only reason I didn’t stop there was cause Ride 5 has “5” in it!!!! Lol. But it’s my last game from them until they fix the AI and the braking. They are just rehashing and rehashing and not even trying and that’s will will their games SX and MotoGP included.

1. Strange that it being Next Gen only on PS5 that haptics that were great on Ride 4 are missing here.
Deal breaker. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll wait until all of the season pass content is out.

edit

Meant to quote the haptic feedback. Hope it's fixed by then.

Last edited:
Yes definitely disappointing they didn’t leave the PS5 haptics in. It would have been almost worth the price of admission alone to be able to both see and feel the traction of the bikes. Ride 4 on PS5 you could feel it. And in Ride 5 you see and hear it. but oh well.

Just hit another wall The dreaded locked content. I say if a mode or feature is actually fun you don’t have to FORCE players to play it. Went to buy the RM 2020 Yamaha R1 and of course it’s locked pretty deep into the career mode. I really hate that crap. If I wanted homework or busy work I’d go back to school

Again the game isn’t bad it’s just incomplete and over priced for what it is right now. If they use Ride 5 as a base for the rest of the life span of this gen and support it with content it could end up being worth it. I mean does anyone think we’ll see a GT8 on PS5? There is a reason but Milestone never learns. Anyway at this point everyone should have a good idea about the game. To summarize once again.

1. Don’t buy: If you have Ride 4 and liked it there is no need to get Ride 5 right now at full price. the “additions” have come at the cost of content removed. Wait until it goes on sale
  2. Even: If you’re looking to get into the series for the first time. Ride 4 is a better buy as far as value for $$$$. But the grind of it’s career mode, especially with that bad AI will turn some off. Ride 5 is a good starting point as you won’t miss what you never had in Ride 4 lol . But content wise Ride 4 has more immediate value
  3. Do Buy: If cross-platform is very Important to you. don’t know the extent of the cross platform items.. It does appear uploaded custom liveries, helmets, etc….. are cross platform along with the multiplayer.

Last edited:
The only thing that really intrigues me about RIDE5 is the race creator stuff because that's a great idea that I wish all games had. If you're buying this you're probably a big fan of motorbike racing which means you probably want something that's a big sandbox. Unfortunately making you grind to unlock stuff kind of negates it. That's what I loved about Project CARS - drive any car you like straight out of the box.

Reviews for this actually look quite good and mention the haptic feedback so maybe it's a bug that it's not currently present? Either way I'll wait till it's on sale.

I've only had the chance to race a couple of tracks so far, but I'm enjoying it. I do wish they wouldn't make the environments so clean looking though. I think the Forza games (not the Horizon offshoots) fall into the same trap of looking too video-gamey. Maybe later ones look better?

One thing I am appreciating quite a bit is the A.I. I haven't played their recent Moto G.P games so no idea if this is new, but they have managed to get the bikes to navigate corners smoothly. None of that "up a bit...down a bit ...up a bit" as the bikes constantly changed speed in the older games. They will also race three abreast round corners, trying not to give up their position, and again, do it quite smoothly.

I need to properly get my teeth into it first though, before I comment on the physics. But for old hands, get those assists (ABS etc) off or lowered asap! :)

Forgive me... But where did you read this info about the Season Pass? On the official website I can't find it.
It’s actually in the game under shop (On the PS5 at least)

The only thing that really intrigues me about RIDE5 is the race creator stuff because that's a great idea that I wish all games had. If you're buying this you're probably a big fan of motorbike racing which means you probably want something that's a big sandbox. Unfortunately making you grind to unlock stuff kind of negates it. That's what I loved about Project CARS - drive any car you like straight out of the box.

Reviews for this actually look quite good and mention the haptic feedback so maybe it's a bug that it's not currently present? Either way I'll wait till it's on sale.
Yes the only real thing missing from the race creator is an option for 2 races an event. Lol. It’s great that it allows you to control the weather as well. But again it’s a bit let down by the AI because they are still on rails. I loved Project Cars 1/2 for the same reason. I don’t need a story or homework. Just give me the bikes/cars I want and let me hit the track. IF the game is good I can play it for years just doing laps which is why I still enjoy Tourist Trophy.

Like I said it’s not that the game is bad, it’s just that it’s really not much of an upgrade from 4 content wise. A revamped -in presentation only career mode doesn’t justify calling it a new game especially at full price. I generally don’t trust bike reviews because few are true bike fans and they give the games a pass for things they’d rip a car game for. So that’s why I made the statement about if Ride 5 is worth buying right now or not is really dependent on how you feel about Ride 4.

As for the haptics. I don’t know what they are talking about cause it’s clearly not working on mine. there is rumble but no haptic. What I’m talking is how on Ride 4 you could feel the trigger slip or grip as traction did. That’s not happening with Ride 5

The race creator is a big plus for me. The initial price point of $60 USD is not bad for the base game. But this is Milestone so they are going to push out a bunch of DLC. Still gonna wait until we get a nice sale with all the DLC included

I've only had the chance to race a couple of tracks so far, but I'm enjoying it. I do wish they wouldn't make the environments so clean looking though. I think the Forza games (not the Horizon offshoots) fall into the same trap of looking too video-gamey. Maybe later ones look better?

One thing I am appreciating quite a bit is the A.I. I haven't played their recent Moto G.P games so no idea if this is new, but they have managed to get the bikes to navigate corners smoothly. None of that "up a bit...down a bit ...up a bit" as the bikes constantly changed speed in the older games. They will also race three abreast round corners, trying not to give up their position, and again, do it quite smoothly.

I need to properly get my teeth into it first though, before I comment on the physics. But for old hands, get those assists (ABS etc) off or lowered asap! :)
Yeah i agree about looking gamey, i prefer the more organic look of KT engined games, although they lack polish, optimization, consistent high assets quality.

What is different about the race creator compared to R4? Is it that you can make a championship out of it.
I don’t know that I’ve seen the “race creator” on Ride 4. I know you could create a custom race offline, but not a full series, but yeah more or less in Ride 5 you can do champioship with qualifying. and a bunch more options like how points are scored. Most games have an online custom championship, but the devs moved away from offline ones so they could sell it as DLC. So I liked that I could pick my favorite tracks and set the weather!!!!!! And then just go. I’ve never understood the whole bad weather in a game thing. I mean 95% of the time where I live weather is never a thought and I’ve yet to be at a track and go geez I’m so bored with all this great weather I wish it would rain!!!! Lol

There's still ample bikes I've not yet bought in Ride 4 yet, so there seems to be zero reason for me to invest in this, even with 6 months of additions that might largely be returning content.

First impressions 8.5/10 Same great game but the same...

Pro's
Some good new motorcycles (could of been R4 DLC)
Top speed on many motorcycle corrected (Should of been an update for R4)
Some new tracks added (could of been R4 DLC)

Con's
Lost some good motorcycles again
Lost Phillip Island
Graphics improvement slight
Race motorcycles are generic

Milestone should of waited until the graphics were noticeably improved but the same basic amount of bikes and tracks is just redundant. It's been this way sense R2 and is getting tiring. Games like FIFA do this but is more understandable in that case.
Some reviewer say the handling has improved but as an average skilled rider it isn't noticeable but I will take their word.
Ride 5 should of been DLC and updates. Unreal 4 engine may be at its limits and now another 2 year wait for successor.
Forza M is supposedly a game that will have at least 5 years of DLC and seems to be the way to go although will be pricey.
Ride series needs to add and stop rotating. Games like iracing has been doing this for a long time and can be done in Ride.

Last edited:
Man I knew the le man track was just gonna be the Bugatti circuit but still its disappointing I mean are bikes not allow in the le man version or what?.

Anyway I see nothing now that would make me buy it now at least.

Last edited:
Man I knew the le man track was just gonna be the Bugatti circuit but still its disappointing I mean are bikes not allow in the le man version or what?.

Anyway I see nothing now that would make me buy it now at least.
I tried to find some pictures awhile back of motorcycles on the large Le mans track and couldn't find any. But I was still hopeful because it's just a video game. :boggled: Are they trying to make us think that. Probably not..

I found this about le man and motorcycles. https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=25&t=2037602

Also this image.
When you think about it has any motorcycle video game ever featured le man?
3d45a189-c6cd-4275-b9fd-da58473eba4b.jpg

Last edited:

Pro's

Con's
Lost Phillip Island

Milestone should of waited until the graphics were noticeably improved but the same basic amount of bikes and tracks is just redundant. It's been this way sense R2 and is getting tiring. Games like FIFA do this but is more understandable in that case.
Some reviewer say the handling has improved but as an average skilled rider it isn't noticeable but I will take their word.
Ride 5 should of been DLC and updates. Unreal 4 engine may be at its limits and now another 2 year wait for successor.
Forza M is supposedly a game that will have at least 5 years of DLC and seems to be the way to go although will be pricey.
Ride series needs to add and stop rotating. Games like iracing has been doing this for a long time and can be done in Ride.
Got emotional over my main hobby so I had to do some editing..

Looks like 2 DLCs are coming the Welcome pack and the credits multiplier. They are on the official page but only in Italian language. It’s a bit telling that unlike in the past with Ride, Milestone have not fully laid out a DLC chart.

After spending quite a bit more time with Ride 5 I’d say the only real knock on the game is when it’s compared to Ride 4. You’ll have to decide if the minor updates for 5 or worth purchasing basically the same game again. The PS5 version is buggy…VERY buggy and the loss of haptics, one of my favorite bikes (2005 Yamaha R1) and tracks (Phillip Island) and locking my most wanted bike (race modified 2020 Yamaha R1) addition deep into the career mode, doesn’t help make the case for me. On the outset the career mode looked streamlined compared to previous Ride games but it’s actually WAY more restrictive and linear.

AI is still horrendously bad, the rival narrative is corny and annoying. Race creator is great but hindered by the AI. The sound is awesome most of the time (still has the rumble strip bug). Braking is still bad but at this point that’s just the Milestone style

I don’t know that the handling has been improved as mention previously. I think it’s more that (in 1st person view at least) they’ve added visual & audio feedback that you’re about to tuck the front. I don’t know that it’s worth the lost of haptics on the PS5, but it does work.

Ride 5 is a solid purchase if you don’t already have Ride 4. If you have Ride 4 I don’t know that the minor updates are worth the loss of the previous game’s content (and progress), at least not at full price. Especially when those minor updates feel like a DLC for Ride 4

The Welcome Pack contains:

Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade – Endurance Modified (2005)
MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR (2021)
Norton V4SV (2021)
Three bikes. Three different styles. A single emotion.
Gear up with RIDE 5 – Welcome Pack to get off to a good start!

After having stood out in the Suzuka 8 Hours, the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade is now at your disposal to try your hand at even the most arduous endurance races.

If, on the other hand, you prefer the charm of a naked, jump on the saddle of the MV Augusta Brutale 800 RR with its three in-line cylinders and new side plates.

Last, but not least, the Norton V4SV: born in a special edition for the 100th anniversary of the British company inspired by the superbikes that race the Isle of Man TT, to leave an indelible mark on the asphalt and in history.

Pro's

Con's
Lost Phillip Island

I wonder if PI was a license issue or just a decision? Glad Macau got ditched but wouldn’t have mind if PI had been kept while others got the axe
  1. Caldwell
  2. Snettorton
  3. Oulton Park
  4. Dayton
  5. VIR
  6. NorthWest,SouthWest, etc……
Would be nice to see (but won’t happen)
  1. Albecete
  2. Oschersleben
  3. Assen
  4. Spa
  5. Jerez
  6. Any of the SBK/MotoGP tracks that aren’t in the game that Milestone already has in those series
  7. Barber Motorsports
  8. Mid Ohio
  9. Chuckwalla
  10. Button Willow
One can dream :)

Last edited:
Appreciate all the great comments and in-depth hands-on details.

Surprisingly for me, I think I'm gonna wait for it to drop in price and/or the next iteration. It just seems like the harder Milestone try and improve one aspect, the more likely they are to muck up something that was fine. I'm kinda getting tired of handing over money for "meh"... and that's not to say a lot of work went in to it, just that this doesn't "seem" worthy of a full price game.

Oh well, thanks again guys for taking the time to post up your experiences and impressions. 👍

Do you like the camera shake thing that was implemented into the game when you go off track or reach a certain top speed?

Think Im going to buy this since i havent played Ride in years, so would be a nice step in. The videos look insane.

Do you like the camera shake thing that was implemented into the game when you go off track or reach a certain top speed?
I’m not sure what you are referring to. I always play first person so there’s always been that type of movement. What I hate is artificial stuff like the “tunnel vision“speed blur. What I did notice because I do tend to switch to 3rd person for those tight UK tracks like Caldwell because the steering is quicker in that view……but 3rd seems jerky. When those initial vids came out after the announcement and people said it looked bad it’s because they do. But when you switch to 1st the quality, speed and smoothness is really good.

Think Im going to buy this since i havent played Ride in years, so would be a nice step in. The videos look insane.
If that’s the case you’ll probably really enjoy it. It’s really only a slight letdown if you’ve put a lot of time into Ride 4. It still has the typical Milestone game issues sorry style lol of bad braking and horrid Ai that’s nothing new and you’re probably use to it. Looking at it on it’s own as a game, my only real complaint is the requirement to play through the career to get some of the content unlocked. that is a pain. Sadly the main bike I got the game for is looked fairly deep into the career… so debating if I’ll keep playing it and just go back to Ride 4. If I keep at it once I get that bike I’ll have no use for the career mode. All that aside the game plays really well and mainly only let down by the packaging

R3V
Macau >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nordschleiffe
The Macau GP was until very recently, quite an important race in the world of road racing, they barely let bikes on the 'ring for tourist days, let alone competitive events, and no official records for bikes can be set or kept, so my unpopular opinion is I'd be inclined to agree.

Got emotional over my main hobby so I had to do some editing..
I had a chance to play Motogp 22 and was surprised and reminded that it looks better than Ride 5. Also not happy with the off track physics and the tamed down track physics.If I can this will be a return and I will be happy playing Ride 4 . Ride 5 is still good but it isn’t what I expected after 2 years.

I had a chance to play Motogp 22 and was surprised and reminded that it looks better than Ride 5. Also not happy with the off track physics and the tamed down track physics.If I can this will be a return and I will be happy playing Ride 4 . Ride 5 is still good but it isn’t what I expected after 2 years.
Tamed physics of ride5 or of motogp22?

I think the MotoGP game physics are a bit overly difficult so taming them down doesn’t bother me. Maybe I just suck at them, I guess - but my God since about MotoGP 20 the braking is just so, so hard to get right. Games lose their fun if you have to rewind the same corner three times trying to avoid a sudden crash that happens just because you put 1% too much pressure in the brake while turning in.

It’s a shame they don’t do demos anymore really because I could be tempted either way with Ride 5. But the expense, with Forza Motorsport on the horizon, is stopping me from taking the plunge.

Latest Posts

Back