Ridiculous power figures on some cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greycap
  • 98 comments
  • 5,708 views
Give the guys at PD a break they could not do everything in game if they did the game may have taken 7 or 9 years to make.
 
dj4monie
Amazing how many people want to play REAL LIFE ON a console or a computer instead of actually living a life.

I actually have 2 track day cars and go racing with my dad. Father and son bonding crap. :)

I also manage to fit a regular job, a demanding girlfriend and my own little car tuning and custom PC businesses, 2 days a week at the gym and I've never lost contact with any of my friends. Always been hyperactive ever since I was little. :lol:

I respect what you're saying in terms of it would take you too long to fine tune a car, but you see I play something like GT4 over 2 to 4 years and one car can take me up to a week to tune, but it all depends on what everyone likes to do. You don't have to get involved with that side of things, GT games have something for everyone. That's the beauty of GT games, from the average player that just wants a bit of fun to the serious petrol head.
 
amp88
I don't remember exact figures, but I think it was in the region of 70-75 degrees centigrade a couple of years ago.
Don't you, like, die if you're in that kind of heat for more than 15 minutes?

Cobra_UK
Enter the CELL processors, able to calculate super complex physics, in fact the processors were integrated for that exact purpose.
In fact, the Cell processor has 7 "cores," not just 2 as Ezz suspected. It's floating point performance is 256 gigaflops, roughly 8-10 times greater than upper-end PCs.

In terms of the extreme fine-tuning, I think of that as more of enabling love affairs with cars, if you get my meaning. For example, most cars you can stick with basic suspension and transmission setups, but you find a car you really like and go deep into the advanced tuning options....
 
Sven
In terms of the extreme fine-tuning, I think of that as more of enabling love affairs with cars, if you get my meaning. For example, most cars you can stick with basic suspension and transmission setups, but you find a car you really like and go deep into the advanced tuning options....

Sad isn't it, being in love with a car, but I'm so guilty of it. :)

I've just budgeted another £2K on further tuning on my cars. £1K on each to get them to go quicker. I'll order the parts before winter and get them all fitted over winter, hopefully have them tuned by next spring on the dyno. Should see 20-40Bhp extra power, more grip and more control over power delivery.
 
Ezz777
...

Maybe with the PS3 we will see a more complete physics model. Plus with multiple threads (last i heard the ps3 runs a dual core cpu) maybe we'll finally see a decent AI that isn't compromised by having to share cpu time with other 'pretty' things

...

FIY, PS3 uses a CPU called 'The Cell' and it has 9 cores (YES - NINE, NOT TWO). However, one of them would be used for redundacy, so the CPU will actually have 8 cores at work.
 
un_peacekeeper
FIY, PS3 uses a CPU called 'The Cell' and it has 9 cores (YES - NINE, NOT TWO). However, one of them would be used for redundacy, so the CPU will actually have 8 cores at work.

7, 8, 9, dual-core/multi-core whatever, lots of yummy cores for all those wicked threads... i don't know my PS3, but i do know my GT.

at least it should give plenty of scope to run plenty more chunky physics calculations without compromising other important threads (AI, graphics etc.)
 
OFF-TOPIC, but it has to be said...

Sven
Don't you, like, die if you're in that kind of heat for more than 15 minutes?
I bet you have never been to Finland. In here it is a popular habit to sit in a hot room for a couple of hours. The temperature is about a hundred degrees Celsius and we call it a sauna.

Still alive and going strong...
 
Sauna, HELL YEAH!!! I love a good sauna...

On topic, I reckon the PS3 will revolutionise PS gaming big time... when it's released that is... With all that power, imagine what games will become!!! One thing I hope for, just ONE thing for GT5, more cars!!!!! I'm sick of racing just 6 cars, I wanna race 20 cars like I do IRL... That's racing...
 
Back