RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Have you only watch the record video ? The tyres can absorb 1.6g, so they are very competitive (for semi-road tyres).
In the game, the CS can only absorb 1.2g, + and they burn...

So the closest tyres are the SH :D

@lBt_33 would you mind sharing your replay file of your Aventador SV lap? Or any saved replay file with the Aventador SV thats close to 7 minutes -- like I said, I'm not even coming close...I'd love to compare segments - see where I'm not pushing hard enough. Or maybe I'm over-driving into the corners and understeering time away. Either way, I need to improve my lap time considerably. :grumpy: Thanks!! 👍

I'm at home in 2 weeks, maybe i will do it, and you'll see that you should be at the limit !

And a tip, the pitlane isn't comprised in the laptime, you start juste before the 1st Turn, you finish at the line just after the last turn. So if you count the pitlane, you should be at 7.03 at the line in GT, but 6.59 at the real line behind the pitlane

If you have seen the video, perhaps you know what i mean.

Yes...I know that "official Nurburgring times" use the same starting point as GT6, but their finish line is just after the final right-hand turn. I believe they do it like that so that the cars can pull right into that small pit area.

I don't remember my exact lap time, but it was something like 7:20s - like I said, not even close. This is probably a good time to bring this up. I personally believe this highlights an issue with making replicas in general. For instance, let's say that Ridox was able to build the Aventador SV Replica with proper horsepower and torque, weight distribution, spring rates, transmission, LSD and suspension/alignment...everything is exactly 100% reflective of the real car. Now, if PD were to add an Aventador SV to the game tomorrow, I guarantee that their car would be "easier" to drive than the Replica.

I think weight has a lot to do with it. Ridox quite often has to add weight to cars to make them accurate to the real life model. But, that weight is just being added as a mass that sits somewhere between -50 and 50, whatever that means. However, when PD builds a car and assigns it a weight, that weight is distributed throughout the entire chassis and setup, at least I would imagine it is, for realism.

Take a car that's 1700kg stock and drive it around - then take a similar car that is 1500kg stock, but add 200kg ballast. Of course, weight distribution must be the same, etc... The weight of the car isn't going to "feel" the same - at least, it doesn't feel the same to me. The car with ballast ALWAYS feels heavier...weight transfer often feels more like a pendulum effect with the cars that have ballast added.

Now, before anyone gets the wrong idea, I am NOT criticizing Ridox's work. I still believe that his cars are the most fun and feel the most realistic to drive. These are just limitations of the game, specifically the ability to modify cars, that all tuners must face. I think that these issues are more prevalent on cars with very high power levels and/or cars that are heavy.

A good example of the point I was trying to make would be the Corvette Z06 Replica (C7). When Ridox first built the Z06 for us, the car didn't reflect the real world performance of the Z06's that have been tested thoroughly by various magazines and such. Particularly, his Z06 had acceleration above 120 MPH that was considerably stronger than the real world Z06. Why was this happening? Ridox had the weight, horsepower/torque, suspension, etc. all set perfectly! My opinion was that the real Z06 starts producing so much downforce at higher speed and therefore it doesn't pull as hard as one would think with the massive horsepower it has. Adding the Flat Floor to the Ridox Z06 Replica brilliantly cut a lot of that acceleration at higher speeds. But, we know that Flat Floors also influence more than just acceleration above 120 MPH...

I believe that if PD were to add the 2016 Corvette Z06 to the game tomorrow, the car would perform differently because they can specifically code information for each car - something Ridox is, unfortunately, unable to do. I really wish that we had the ability to customize more than we do...

Hot Damn! I finally tried something you've been telling me to try for a long time, Ridox...

I setup a 6 lap race in Arcade Mode against the AI. I had my Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Replica selected as my car, but I added every single power upgrade and weight reduction I could. When I got to the track, I went back to the tab with the Replica Settings. Oh, and I dropped down my tire grade too. I got my butt whooped! :lol: I finished 3rd place, by 7.xxx seconds.. A GTR V Spec came in 1st place and a Jaguar XJ220 came in 2nd. Every time I got close to that Jaguar we would hit Turn #1 and I would watch him take off like a rocket going up the hill. :crazy: :eek: I made a few mistakes - I'm not spectacular on this track and I think I was over-driving the car on a few laps. I don't think I could have won, but I should have made it closer than it was. I wish there was a way to find out what the PP values are of their cars -- or do they always run stock?

I have been doing movie marathon to break in the plasma :) about 50+hours now, I haven't got the chance to play GT6 yet :( as most of my free time was spent on calibrating the tv with many movie reference material ( Oz the great and powerful, Oblivion, Thor Dark World, Avengers, Furious 7, Cloud Atlas, Brothers Grimm, Interstellar etc ) I used pictures from professionally calibrated Pioneer Kuro on AVSforum, a user named Urga. His gallery of movies are 100% representation of Kuro at it's best, and I'm pleased my TV can match his Kuro ( color accuracy, contrast, black level ) in particular Oblivion which is hard to get right :) and wow, the movie with properly calibrated color is amazing :P

150101093946879672.jpg

ozs.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Ridox! AVSForum is definitely an awesome resource. I've turned to AVSForum so many times, I've lost count. I'm so glad you like the new TV. If it's matching the KURO, in terms of black levels and picture quality, you know you've got yourself a winner. 👍

The pictures above are from Kuro ( Urga's on AVSforum ), I used them as benchmark :P. With the new tv, I had to lower sensitivity on some shooting games that I have like Uncharted series and MGS GZ :) MGS GZ cutscenes are amazing on plasma :)

The pictures above are from Kuro ( Urga's on AVSforum ), I used them as benchmark :P. With the new tv, I had to lower sensitivity on some shooting games that I have like Uncharted series and MGS GZ :) MGS GZ cutscenes are amazing on plasma :)
On my brother's recommendation, I also used DVE HD Basics calibration blu-ray. I have had the same TV & blu-ray player since 2008, so I'm sure there are probably better calibration discs out there by now. To be honest, you could probably download uncompressed test patterns and stuff from AVS Forum, now that I think about it. I even made some of my own in Photoshop. THIS link shows what the sample patterns are on the DVE HD Basics disc. Of course, without the red/blue/green filters in your hand it is impossible to do the r/g/b color filter tests, but I am positive you can manage on your own! :D 👍

Home Theater can become an addiction, especially if you hang out on AVS Forum, or other high-end home theater sites. My brother has probably $50,000 invested into his home theater and it's not even finished. :lol: Who am I kidding? It will never be finished. There will always be a new pre-amp, or projector, or sub-woofer that he will want to replace a current piece of equipment. It IS amazing watching movies at his place though...

Was quicker to find from Amazon than there. :)
Like I said, I've never personally used it -- but if it comes with the red, green and blue filters like my DVE disc did in 2008 that is something you can't get from making your own BLU-RAY test disc. The cost is so minimal anyway...

Nissan GTR NISMO 2015
N-Attack Package/OHLINS Track/Motorsport GT3 Spec TTX ILX36 4 Way Coilover.
Retrofit Pack for NISMO GTR

Tuned to replicate Nissan GTR NISMO with Ohlins TTX ILX36
Comfort Soft

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

CAR : Nissan GTR NISMO '14
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 591 HP at 7000 RPM
Torque: 480.9 ft-lb at 3500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1730 kg
Ballast : 200 kg
Ballast Position : -42
Weight Distribution : 56 / 44 - real life about 55/45
Performance Points: 574

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : Ultimate Metal Silver (4M) or Matte Gray or White or Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - OHLINS TTX ILX36 4 Way Coilover with Eibach ERS ( as used in N-Attack Nismo GTR )
Retrofit Pack for GTR NIsmo - New Advanced version available in 2015
Optimum Spring Rate by Ohlins Front 260 Nmm & Rear 150 Nmm with Helper Springs 175-225-250 ( Max -20 mm Lower Length Adjuster )
Nissan GTR NISMO Special OEM Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 110 110 - OPTIONAL Lower Height 90 90 or 100 100
Spring Rate: 26.52 15.30
Dampers (Compression): 3 2
Dampers (Extension): 4 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
Camber Angle: 1.9 1.8
Toe Angle: 0.02 0.02

LSD NISMO N-Attack Package 1.5 Way Front Mechanical Steel & 2 Way Rear Mechanical Carbon
Front
Initial Torque : 6
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 7
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 30

Brake Balance:
2/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/8, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 2/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Under construction

Last edited:
While you guys are tasting the heck out of the R35,I'm left here with my PS3 sent for repairs...About a week ago,my PS3 started to have 3 beeps and flashing red light after no more than half hour of playing gt6.Now I can do nothing but just sitting here waiting.Can you guys at least give a brief review about the car to reduce my suffering!?

While you guys are tasting the heck out of the R35,I'm left here with my PS3 sent for repairs...About a week ago,my PS3 started to have 3 beeps and flashing red light after no more than half hour of playing gt6.Now I can do nothing but just sitting here waiting.Can you guys at least give a brief review about the car to reduce my suffering!?
:( I'm sorry for your PS3, but hopefully it'll be repaired. I couldn't find the time for build the New Beauty yet.

Hope your PS3 will get fixed soon :) For the NISMO GTR, I would say the car drives similar to real life test, touch of understeer and oversteer when provoked :) It's agile on medium speed corners.

The Ridox Replica NISMO GT-R is phenomenal! :D Unfortunately, this is yet another car that I think would be better served by a tire that is in-between the Comfort Soft and Sport Hard tire. Don't get me wrong, this car performs just fine on the Comfort Soft tires that Ridox has installed for this build. I think that matching real world lap times will be a bit difficult for Novice or Intermediate level drivers.

One thing I've realized in my short time driving this car, there are times where you're feeling like you've got to back off the throttle and/or get on the brakes because you think you're passing the limits of the vehicle. If you just hold the line and stay the course, this car will keep you on the pavement. Of course, there are limits that will have your car in the guardrail, or worse, but the chassis is remarkable...I'm sometimes amazed at what this car can do considering it's weight.

That is probably the only drawback to this incredible automobile. If it were just 100-150 kg lighter, this car would be out of this world. As it is, I'd rate this car among the very best street cars in the game. It has a perfect amount of power for its size with really good brakes and mechanical grip that most cars could only dream of. I've already built two of these Replicas and I'm sure they will be seeing a lot more miles on the odometer in the coming weeks.

Great job Ridox!! This car was well worth the wait. 👍

Thank you @danbojte and @ALB123 for the feedback on the NISMO GTR :) I will try to find time to post another car or 2 soon. Got Amuse/Opera 350Z made together with the NISMO GTR, not a replica but a real world based tuned car :) I used setup from Amuse 350Z track car ( lightweight ) which beaten the Orange Touge Monster S2000 at the track ( Hot Version video ). The Amuse/Opera Z33 is hardcore car with roll cage, 380PS engine, 1450kg / 1330 kg, stiff Amuse coilovers :P

Will get the Z8 and 8C too.

Latest Posts

Back