RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Ridox2JZGTE, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Brewguy44

Brewguy44 Premium

A Good Beer is a good cure for what Ale's you :lol: :tup: :cheers:

2. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

:lol::tup:. Perfect :cheers:.

3. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

To tell you the truth TC, from what I've seen of online play, it's not without its faults & being in Australia isn't the best for any lag issues not to mention the time zone.
    I've survived this long without it so it's no biggie.

4. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I'm fine thank you :D Having some fun playing other games for the past month ( haven't even used my PS3 ). R34 GTR, drove that on some other games, and got let down when I did the launch trick test and 180 turn.

Anyway, I also got an old PC tower few weeks ago - given by my relative doing garage sale, and been playing my old collection of PC games ( got a few big boxes of games gathering dust for years ), mostly simulations from DOS era to Windows XP. I have been buying pc games since late 80's ( built my first 486 PC ), also keep going with console ( Nintendo, SNES, PSX, PS2 to PS3 ) The golden years of PC for me was in AGP card days ( from Nvidia early Riva TNT to Voodoo ), along with SNES and PSX :D Had some fun with Nascar Legends ( 1999 Papyrus ) a few days ago, the manual is awesome, close to 200 hundred pages. The days of game manual thick as books now are long gone :( People are often left to find out themselves about the game specific aspect like car tuning/setup or specific track guide in racing games.

I'll be back playing GT6 in a week or so, from what I remember I had some cars ready to be posted ... and I just remembered the Cadillac CTS-V which I have been meaning to post for almost a year :lol:

OdeFinn, Dietrich, Brewguy44 and 4 others like this.
  5. GT6champNK_69

GT6champNK_69

Hi Ridox:tup:, just have a blast driving this Monaro round the Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit:bowdown:.
    I think it's great balanced all together, it suits my driving style:tup::p. I only tweaked the Final drive ratio to 3.730, and fitted standard size PDI wheels. I did a time of 2:30.525 on SH all aids off except ABS 1, with BB 6/4. Wonderful car, Exelent replica tune, next up I'm gonna take your Pedders/KAAZ Commodore SS for a drive:cheers:. Hope your doing fine, have you got Assetto Corsa yet?.

Dietrich, Pete05, Brewguy44 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

That's an old one :) Glad it drives well. For AC, we'll talk about it in conversation if you wish to.

I just found one of my oldest game, an old CD collecting dust, I was immediately nostalgic when I found it, Network Q RAC Rally simulation DOS game, I also have the sequel and the International Rally Championship ( good times ). Then I found another classic, Monster Truck Madness :p

7. Khel46

Khel46

hi ridox. I have a request. would you be in favor to help me tune the RUF CTR2 just like the ones you made in Tatsuya Shima's RUF CTR Yellowbird. basically I suck at tuning so I would really appreciate your help. thanks a lot for all the tunes you made. I really love it.

8. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I have posted CTR2 last year, though it was a replica of a factory CTR2, you can increase the power and fit higher grip tire of that build. I also quoted my other build of RUF BTR if you are interested. You can bump back the power of the BTR wangan, it was limited to 550PP power.

9. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

The Z32 300ZX TT has been updated, tested at Deep Forest and Laguna Seca, just simple ARB options.

10. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Mazda MIATA NA
    Package B 1989/1990 with Custom Spring

TurnLeft Tribute
    Tuned to replicate Mazda MX-5 Miata NA Package B US Spec
    Comfort Hard

MiataNA.JPG

CAR : Mazda Eunos Roadster ( NA Special Package ) '89
    Tire : Comfort Hard

Specs - Package B ( Full Option US Spec Curb Weight )
    Horsepower: 117 HP / 119 PS at 6500 RPM
    Torque: 101.2 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
    Power Limiter at : 100%
    Weight: 993 kg
    Ballast : 129 kg
    Ballast Position : 24
    Weight Distribution : 51 / 49
    Performance Points: 354

GT AUTO
    NO Oil change
    Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
    Wheels : Standard Size Stock
    Car Paint : Azzuro Dino or Mariner Blue or Classic Red or Crystal White

Tuning Parts Installed :
    Fully Customizable Suspension
    Weight Reduction Stage 1
    Window Weight Reduction
    Adjustable LSD

Suspension - Aggressive Custom Spring using real life frequency data set 1.45 Hz/1.88 Hz-BASE
    OEM Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 140 140
    Spring Rate: 3.93 4.16
    Dampers (Compression): 1 7
    Dampers (Extension): 1 1
    Anti-Roll Bars: 1 1 - OPTIONAL FRONT ARB 2 ( stable )
    Camber Angle: 0.4 0.7
    Toe Angle: 0.15 0.15

Suspension - Mazda OEM Springs Adapted-OPTIONAL
    Real Car OEM Frequency 1.25 Hz / 1.21 Hz
    OEM Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 140 140
    Spring Rate: 4.48 2.65
    Dampers (Compression): 1 7 -OPTIONAL Rear Compression 2 to 6 for more lively rear
    Dampers (Extension): 1 1
    Anti-Roll Bars: 2 1
    Camber Angle: 0.4 0.7
    Toe Angle: 0.15 0.15

LSD - Mazda VLSD - BASE
    Initial Torque : 12
    Acceleration Sensitivity: 7 - Optional 12
    Braking Sensitivity: 7 - Optional 12

OR USE STOCK LSD if you wish.

Brake Balance:
    3/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Alternate build version of the previously posted Miata NA, this version based on US spec Package B Miata NA 1989/1990. Added custom spring using real life frequency data and Mazda VLSD as base, the LSD used is just approximation of lower lock VLSD used by Mazda. Stock LSD may be used if you wish to.

This version should be a little looser than the previous one even with the lower lock LSD.
    Tested at Deep Forest and the 1st turn should give an idea how this car differs to the previous version.

11. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Updated the Evora with optional lower lock LSD and suspension. The rear heavy MR now should have more confidence with traction on throttle/steering.

12. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Another update for this awesome Vette, special suspension damper/ARB tweak to work better with LSD using max accel lock at 60. Tested at Midfield on CS tire, 1:17s lap with ease. The HPA Motorsports FT565 Twin Turbo Audi TT replica also capable of 1:17s, it also has both axle LSD accel at max 60.

Dietrich, Pete05 and GT6champNK_69 like this.
  13. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Tune has yet again updated, now with specific suspension setup for CM tire, 1:44s at Trial Mountain with 277HP, 1431kg. Got lots of cars need posting, but I have been rarely playing PS3 now, will post completed build sometime this week.

Dietrich, GT6champNK_69 and Pete05 like this.
  14. Dietrich

Dietrich

Awesome "Vette" Ridox!
    I know you must be busy with the new games, and this is nice, but you sitll have fans in GT6 waiting for the "news".:)
    Thank you mate!:cheers:

GT6champNK_69 likes this.
  15. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I will spare more time for sure :) Thanks for the kind words :tup:

If anyone here have GTS Beta, the Evora replica setup can be used on GTS Evora, in particular this specific suspension update

Suspension - Eibach Spring + Bilstein Damper - Custom OEM Style
    250/300 F and 400 R
    OEM Lotus Optimum Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 125 125
    Spring Rate: 4.46 7.14 ( in kg/mm ), 250 400 ( in lb/in ), 43.72 70 ( in N/mm )
    Dampers (Compression): 4 6
    Dampers (Extension): 6 5
    Anti-Roll Bars: 4 2 - Optional 5 3 ( less roll, sharper handling but may bite back earlier )
    Camber Angle: 0.3 1.6
    Toe Angle: 0.00 0.18

LSD - TRD OEM LSD - OPTIONAL LOWER LOCK-Less demanding throttle control
    Rear
    Initial Torque : 21
    Acceleration Sensitivity: 15 - Increase to 30 and up to 60 if you wish
    Braking Sensitivity: 15

16. Jimmy Haight

Jimmy Haight

Love this tune, have been driving it for a long time now, won almost every seasonal it has entered, works great online too, also won a few races in Japanese open lobby`s (which is rare for me)
    The latest seasonal at Spa in the wet winner, even won the 8 lap willow springs in career mode with tyre wear
    I am not really a fan of this car in real life but this is great.

BTW i wish you would do a Trans am tune, love that car but never found a sports tyre tune i am really happy with.

17. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Awesome to hear the RX7 drives well for you :) I have Trans Am built, but it's a replica setup on CH tire, I'll see if it drives just as well on SH, I will try to find time for sure this week to post some cars.

18. Jimmy Haight

Jimmy Haight

Sounds great, also if you get the chance try out the latest seasonal at spa with the Rx7, after the second lap when the rain stops and the track slowly drying out, it is a beast.

19. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Had a short play session, so only did this car, an update added : specific suspension ( damper change - front and rear extension ) for the new custom torsen LSD suitable up to SH tire. Tested at Big Willow, read the notes for further info :D The Genesis is now much more fun to drive, not bad for few minutes work. Enjoy :tup:

GT6champNK_69, Dietrich and Pete05 like this.
  20. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Pontiac FireBird Trans Am Doug Nash Special
    Special Build Trans Am with Doug Nash 5 Speed + 450PP Version
    Comfort Hard to Sports Hard

Transam.jpg

CAR : Pontiac FireBird Trans Am '78
    Tire : Comfort Hard to Sports Hard

Specs Road Car Stock
    Horsepower: 219 HP / 222 PS at 4000 RPM
    Torque: 321.0 ft-lb at 3000 RPM
    Power Limiter at : 100%
    Weight: 1659 kg
    Ballast : 200 kg
    Ballast Position : -50
    Weight Distribution : 61 / 39
    Performance Points: 414

Specs 450PP
    Horsepower: 281 HP / 285 PS at 3800 RPM
    Torque: 439.9 ft-lb at 3000 RPM
    Power Limiter at : 99.0%
    Weight: 1659 kg
    Ballast : 200 kg
    Ballast Position : -50
    Weight Distribution : 61 / 39
    Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
    NO Oil change
    Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
    Wheels : Standard Size Stock
    Car Paint : Your Choice

Tuning Parts Installed :
    Supercharger-ONLY FOR 450PP
    Isometric Exhaust Manifold -ONLY FOR 450PP
    Adjustable LSD
    Fully Customizable Suspension
    Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
    Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - OEM Spring Adapted
    Stock Ride Height
    OEM Alignment Range

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 170 170
    Spring Rate: 7.49 3.07
    Dampers (Compression): 2 2
    Dampers (Extension): 1 3
    Anti-Roll Bars: 1 1
    Camber Angle: 1.0 0.0
    Toe Angle: 0.12 0.0

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 5 Speed Doug Nash Special

Set Default
    Set Final to 3.080
    Set Auto Max Speed to 250kmh / 155mph
    Adjust each gear :
    1st 3.270
    2nd 2.130
    3rd 1.570
    4th 1.230
    5th 1.000
    Set Final Gear : 2.410 for better top speed, or OPTIONAL 2.560, 3.080, 3.230. 3.080 Final will give the first 4 gears similar speeds of using 3.73 Final.

LSD Posi Traction
    Rear
    Initial Torque : 5
    Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
    Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
    1/0 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 1/0, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 1/0 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

A simple quick build of Trans Am.
    Did a short test for the 450PP version with 2.410 Final at Midfield, easily does 1:26s on SH.

21. Pop_173rd_ABN

Pop_173rd_ABN

Ridox, thank you for sharing your great tunes. Do you ever do setups for Nascars on oval tracks?

Thorin Cain and GT6champNK_69 like this.
  22. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Interesting question, I never thought of making a specific purpose Nascar setup. I have all Nascar cars back in GT5, some were modified via hybriding ( adding tubos, 7 speed box, special suspension, custom hidden tires and aeros etc ) In GT6, I only have one NASCAR so far :lol: Do you have anything specific in mind for the Nascar ? Low aero, tracks, tire ?

23. Pop_173rd_ABN

Pop_173rd_ABN

Thank you Ridox, I'll certainly enjoy delving into these setups... I was hoping there might be a few Nascar cars included. Have a great day!

Thorin Cain and GT6champNK_69 like this.
  24. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

The only Nascar I had was Alric #43 car, and it was bought because a real life friend of mine challenged me if I can make the car lap less than 50s at Daytona on comfort tires ( no throttle lift, but left foot braking allowed ), no oil change, not using transmission trick, some crazy suspension limitation and low aero. Not sure if the car would be worthy to be posted :lol: I think it only tops at 190+mph :lol: and it has to be able lap Trial Mountain on said comfort tire, and I only allowed to alter ride height and toe. Fun games.

25. Pop_173rd_ABN

Pop_173rd_ABN

Thanks friend, sounds like some crazy restrictions :lol:... I go full-bore tranny (149 flip FG 3.085) and suspension setup and got a 43:950, on line, at Daytona in the Vickers '11.

26. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Online with tire/fuel ? Mine only got 48s on comfort soft tire at Daytona with crazy restriction, it really pushed how far damper tuning could go which necessary to allow it drive well at Trial Mountain and other tracks like Motegi Road.

I'm going to post a Mazda soon, the RX8 R3 / Spirit R :) This time it's made to work from comfort hard, focusing on damper tuning.

27. Pop_173rd_ABN

Pop_173rd_ABN

627pp, 892hp, Racing Soft, RH 50/58, Springs 10.75/12.50, Damp Comp. 5/5, Damp Ext. 2/2, Roll Bars 7/6, Camber 0.0/0.2, Toe 0.00/0.00, Tranny "149 Flip" In this sequence: Default/FG 5.000, Max Spd 149, !st, 2nd, 3rd All the way left, 4th All the way right, reset FG 3.085, DT 60/55/5, Downforce 200/400, Ballast Position (Not Weight) -50

GT6champNK_69 and Ridox2JZGTE like this.
  28. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

The only similarity is the aero :) Is the tune specific for RS tire ?

29. Pop_173rd_ABN

Pop_173rd_ABN

The Nascar rooms (Daytona & Indy), that I run in, require RS tires. I've never run on RH or RM, so the tune was built with RS. I have no interest in running NSCR on any tires other than RS, so trying out the setup on less never entered my mind.

GT6champNK_69 and Thorin Cain like this.
  30. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Oh, that's new to me, I never race NASCAR online in GT6 :) With RS tire, the races are short with no tire wear ? If there's interest I will post my setup, though it's barbaric in nature :p