RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Hello mate!

First of all, congrats for "GTPlanet Tune of the Week"! 👍

Awesome, im sure it will be another great one... Im still playing with the data I gave you in the PM I sent you, trying to feel the better numbers for the setup by driving the car... I feel im still far form finish it... :P

Many Thanks.

Chat soon. :)

PS: The stats you gave me regarding the 458 GT3 replica are working. After some changes based those stats, the car is starting to feel better, a little bit more loose...

Wow, Tune of the Week :P, looking at the weekly rewind, OMG, the Maserati MC Trofeo is nominated for the tune of the week, thanks again to @danbojte :cheers:

If you want, the next time I play I can post the Viper GT3R replica base tune here, so I can get feedback on it and you can use it as a base if you like, it's still work in progress alongside the Emil Frey Jaguar G3 ( this one is very tricky - it's slower then the rest GT3 replicas - more than 100kg heavier and has some issues that needs addressing )

If you want, the next time I play I can post the Viper GT3R replica base tune here, so I can get feedback on it and you can use it as a base if you like, it's still work in progress alongside the Emil Frey Jaguar G3 ( this one is very tricky - it's slower then the rest GT3 replicas - more than 100kg heavier and has some issues that needs addressing )

Please do friend! 👍

I´ll be posting mine in the general database soon...

I saw the stats regarding the Jaguar and the Maserati GT3, their specs seem to be quite hard to replicate in GT6...

OULLIM MOTORS Spirra Prototype '04 500PP

Special Build Spirra Proto at 500PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

CAR : Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 359 HP at 6500 RPM
Torque : 350.1 ft-lb at 4200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.9%
Weight: 1205 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 44 / 56
Performance Points: 500

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - OPTIONAL-only install for racing tire fitment.
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type D
Wing Large Type E
Winglets Large Type C
Height -7 and Width +16
Wheels : +2 Inch Up OZ Racing SuperFogiata in Black or GT6 Matte 006
Car Paint : GT6 Matte 006 or White or any color you like.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Custom Coilover Damper Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 110 110
Spring Rate: 12.00 9.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 8
Dampers (Extension): 8 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 5
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

LSD - 2 Way LSD High Preload Low Locking Rate
Initial Torque : 40
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 20

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Close Ratio
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.900
Set Auto Max Speed at 220kmh / 137mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.972
2nd 2.235
3rd 1.764
4th 1.474
5th 1.238
6th 1.037
Set Final : 2.889 ( top speed at 280kmh, lower final for higher top speed )

AERO:
REAR : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
4/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.
I recommend to run 5/4 for ABS1.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I used to have this car in GT5, never really drive on the limit, just cruising around online.

Then I read that this car is nasty for it's oversteer :), so I tuned it for racing or just driving as quick as possible around tracks ( track days )

I set at 500PP for this build, maintaining stock weight, and tuning using my replica building experience.

Suspension is the most crucial part of the build, with carefully chosen spring rate, damper tuning and ARB. All these three parts gives the car great handling with predictable response on the limit and easy to control when exceeding it.

LSD is another important part, with high preload to reduce handling changes when pushed hard and low locking rate for more consistent drive experience.

Gearing is also what makes this car special, using adapted racing car close ratio, the Spirra gives excellent acceleration and top speed.

The more I drive this car, the more I like it, especially for hot laps :D

I tuned and tested at various track, Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone GP, Silverstone Intl, Bathurst, Matterhorn Rottenboden, Rome and a few others.

When tested at Tsukuba on comfort soft, it was capable of 1:02s :eek:
While on sports soft tire :
Bathurst 2:17s on 1st lap going easy on the car
Rome : 1:12s
Silverstone International : 1:07s, while on Sports Medium 1:10.1xxs
Matterhorn Rottenboden : 1:42s with ease.

This is one of the quickest 500PP car :D

ENJOY :cheers:

Update : Corrected power and limiter figure for fresh oil change :D
Pretty sensitive lady. :scared: I'll have to play more with her. :D

Pretty sensitive lady. :scared: I'll have to play more with her. :D

Be sure to throw the car around on medium to high speed curves, once you find the limit of the car, it grows on you :) I recommend to drive it at Silverstone, Matterhorn Rottenboden and Rome, slowly pushing it harder, sports soft tire should also preferable for this sensitive lady :)

Oh, almost forgot, is it too easy to oversteer ? or too tight at the front end ? Lowering the LSD initial to 30 or 28 could help with the handling :cheers:

Could you try to make James Bond's Lotus Esprit Turbo?
Lotus_Turbo_Esprit_James_Bond_007.jpg

Thanks!

Be sure to throw the car around on medium to high speed curves, once you find the limit of the car, it grows on you :) I recommend to drive it at Silverstone, Matterhorn Rottenboden and Rome, slowly pushing it harder, sports soft tire should also preferable for this sensitive lady :)

Oh, almost forgot, is it too easy to oversteer ? or too tight at the front end ? Lowering the LSD initial to 30 or 28 could help with the handling :cheers:
Ascari 10 laps Challange, SM, ABS 0, nothing changed, Winner. The "Lady" still not my type, I don't love her, so we'll stay separated. :lol: 👍

Edit: I can't upload the replay file - file is too large (67 MB). :irked: :odd:

Last edited:
Ascari 10 laps Challange, SM, ABS 0, nothing changed, Winner. The "Lady" still not my type, I don't love her, so we'll stay separated. :lol: 👍

67MB :eek: Have you driven it on SS tire ? The Spirra is still a work in progress, could you please tell me the main issue with the car, so I can improve the car :)

Could you try to make James Bond's Lotus Esprit Turbo?
Lotus_Turbo_Esprit_James_Bond_007.jpg

Thanks!

The For Your Eyes Only car is the same as the road car version, with copper color paint, not too sure what you are looking for here as I couldn't find information if the car was modified :confused:

Hey Dan,

Maybe she can become your dominatrix for when you need some discipline :nervous: :scared: ;) :lol:

67MB :eek: Have you driven it on SS tire ? The Spirra is still a work in progress, could you please tell me the main issue with the car, so I can improve the car :)

The For Your Eyes Only car is the same as the road car version, with copper color paint, not too sure what you are looking for here as I couldn't find information if the car was modified :confused:

I just want the looks.

I just want the looks.

If for the looks, you can simply paint the car in Radiance ( obtained from Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 ) - pretty close IMO to Copper Lotus Esprit Turbo in For Your Eyes Only. Then the wheel BBS RS with gold chrome paint ( GT Chrome 012 I think ), Power limit to 210HP for 1981 power output. If you want more detailed build I would have to spend more time on it :)

If for the looks, you can simply paint the car in Radiance ( obtained from Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 ) - pretty close IMO to Copper Lotus Esprit Turbo in For Your Eyes Only. Then the wheel BBS RS with gold chrome paint ( GT Chrome 012 I think ), Power limit to 210HP for 1981 power output. If you want more detailed build I would have to spend more time on it :)

I don't have any chrome paints :( I appreciate you telling me what to do though

Looks good, pretty close to this, but you will have to lower the suspension ( full custom ) set ride height to 65/70 to get the same stance like this car :D

Lotus_Turbo_Esprit_1981.jpg

If you find the car too easy to over rotate / slide / oversteer, use 1.5 to 1.6 rato for spring rate ( front higher, lower rear ), for example : 6kg/mm front and 3.75kg/mm rear.

Another color that may work is Hot Lava from Toyota GT86 or it maybe Scion FR-S, it's a bit too orange, but should look great on the Lotus.

Last edited:
Someone said the Lotus is orange not red, so which one looks more like the bond lotus pictured above?

Here are five different red/ oranges I tried. Which one is most like the bond car?

Hot Lava
WillowSpringsInternationalRaceway-BigWillow_26_zps1f95cfe4.jpg

Sunset Orange II
WillowSpringsInternationalRaceway-BigWillow_28_zpsfd02e27f.jpg

Vitamin C
WillowSpringsInternationalRaceway-BigWillow_27_zps16171b2a.jpg

Japanrot
WillowSpringsInternationalRaceway-BigWillow_29_zpsa740ffd8.jpg

Hey Dan,

Maybe she can become your dominatrix for when you need some discipline :nervous: :scared: ;) :lol:
You, Pete. :lol: :sly:

Sure my friend, it's unstable at high speed and especially on braking and prone to oversteer, or somehow too light back. :cheers:
Edit: Drove on SM (Sports Medium). :)

Last edited:
@NGHTMRES : Hot Lava is good :)

@danbojte : I have tested the Spirra at Ascari :) Made a simple tweak that should make the car less "sensitive" :D Simply change LSD initial to 30 ( this reduce the sensitive rear end on high speed ), and rear damper to : compression 2, extension 6. You can increase rear extension to 8 for a bit more stable rear on low speed exit, but it may made the car goes wider on mid to high speed exit. For braking stability, increase LSD braking to 30. With LSD initial 30, accel 20, brake 30, and rear damper comp/ext at 2/6, I drove at Ascari on SH tire, low to mid 40s 1st sector, and 2:22s 1st lap and it's almost like NSX :lol:

:)
What you say:
@danbojte : I have tested the Spirra at Ascari :) Made a simple tweak that should make the car less "sensitive" :D Simply change LSD initial to 30 ( this reduce the sensitive rear end on high speed ), and rear damper to : compression 2, extension 6. You can increase rear extension to 8 for a bit more stable rear on low speed exit, but it may made the car goes wider on mid to high speed exit. For braking stability, increase LSD braking to 30. With LSD initial 30, accel 20, brake 30, and rear damper comp/ext at 2/6, I drove at Ascari on SH tire, low to mid 40s 1st sector, and 2:22s 1st lap and it's almost like NSX :lol:[/quote]

What I hear:
"Captain, the main hyperdrive relay is blown! We must enable the inertial dampers before we explode! Only then will be be able to maneuver on thrusters at 30 Nivens!"

:)
What you say:
@danbojte : I have tested the Spirra at Ascari :) Made a simple tweak that should make the car less "sensitive" :D Simply change LSD initial to 30 ( this reduce the sensitive rear end on high speed ), and rear damper to : compression 2, extension 6. You can increase rear extension to 8 for a bit more stable rear on low speed exit, but it may made the car goes wider on mid to high speed exit. For braking stability, increase LSD braking to 30. With LSD initial 30, accel 20, brake 30, and rear damper comp/ext at 2/6, I drove at Ascari on SH tire, low to mid 40s 1st sector, and 2:22s 1st lap and it's almost like NSX :lol:

What I hear:
"Captain, the main hyperdrive relay is blown! We must enable the inertial dampers before we explode! Only then will be be able to maneuver on thrusters at 30 Nivens!"
:lol: :P

Last edited:
I am going to start building Reiter Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 soon after the Viper GT3R and Emil Frey Jaguar G3 are done, the Jag is quite slow at 500HP, too much weight :( Will need 600+HP to be competitive with Camaro GT3 ( no flat floor ) and close to 700HP against normal GT3 cars, why no flat floor :banghead:

I will update the Spirra if the alternate LSD and damper tweak works better than original setup :)

I am going to start building Reiter Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 soon after the Viper GT3R and Emil Frey Jaguar G3 are done, the Jag is quite slow at 500HP, too much weight :( Will need 600+HP to be competitive with Camaro GT3 ( no flat floor ) and close to 700HP against normal GT3 cars, why no flat floor :banghead:

I will update the Spirra if the alternate LSD and damper tweak works better than original setup :)
Yes, it seems to be better. 👍

Edit: BTW, what's that max upload limit. Couldn't upload two lap replay (16 MB), neither. :crazy:

Last edited:
Yes, it seems to be better. 👍

Edit: BTW, what's that max upload limit. Couldn't upload two lap replay (16 MB), neither. :crazy:

Edit 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0am-7JUveXjR2s0dkhaYmE2N0U/edit?usp=sharing

You can use dropbox, I used it to upload replay for file sharing :) I will update the Spirra tune, thanks :cheers:

@cbarbosa : Drove your Viper GT3R tune :) Good job, the car is very sharp, but there's some push on mid to high speed exit, even so, it should be very competitive against GT3 cars.

Last edited:
FEED Fujita Engineering Mazda RX7 FD3S Spirit R Type A '02 Tsukuba Superlap Battle 2011

Tuned to replicate FEED Fujita Engineering Mazda RX7 FD3S
2011 Tsukuba Superlap Battle Champion Street S-Class
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

CAR : Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 444HP / 450PS at 7100 RPM
Torque : 390.5 ft-lb at 4400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 93.9%
Weight: 1260 kg
Ballast : 5 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50
Performance Points: 530

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type E
Wing Large Type D
Winglets Large Type C
Height +0 and Width +40
Wheels : +1 Inch Up ADVAN RGII in White or Silver or Black
Car Paint : Grayish Green Mica Metallic (from Toyota Supra RZ '97 ) or Titanium Gray Metallic II ( from Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS '04 )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - FEED Fujita Engineering PRO-F09 Coilover Damper Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 75 75
Spring Rate: 15.00 15.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Dampers (Extension): 6 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 5
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.00

LSD - FEED Fujita Engineering 2 Way LSD Tsukuba Superlap Set
Initial Torque : 22
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 30

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected Ratio as in real life with FEED 4.7 Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.000
Set Auto Max Speed at 360kmh / 224mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.483
2nd 2.015
3rd 1.391
4th 1.000
5th 0.806
6th 0.675 ( IGNORE 6th for authenticity )
Set Final : 4.700

AERO:
REAR : 100

Brake Balance:
4/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 5/5 for ABS 1 or 1 click higher at the rear.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I built this replica upon request from a fellow member f1357924680, he asked for a different version of the FEED RX7 :)

So, after research of the car competing in 2011 Tsukuba Superlap Battle, I used the Touge FEED RX7 version and make slight changes for this replica.

The FEED Fujita Engineering FD3S produces 450PS using FEED T04RS Turbo Kit. Basically the FEED R7 is a street car with excellent tune ups. Weighing at 1260kg and a perfect balance of 50/50, the RX7 proved it's potential in the hands of Nobuteru Taniguchi during December 2011 Tsukuba Superlap Battle in Street S-Class.
During the competition, as the car is in street class, it maintained almost everything, air conditioner, stereo, and still uses H shifter gearbox. The tires used was ADVAN A050 R Spec G/S ( soft ) Compound 295/35R18, the tire only lasted for 3 laps :eek:, and they have to be replaced, the equivalent in GT6 is sports soft tire.
The car won the battle with 58.051s lap. A few months later, March 2012 precisely, the car was taken to Tsukuba again for further testing while also attempting to break the previous record. The 58s time was done in the winter, with low temperature, while this time in March, the weather is suitable for the tires and the car. In the hands of Nobuteru Taniguchi, the FEED RX7 posted an incredible 57.511s lap time at Tsukuba in the same setup as in 2011 Tsukuba Superlap Battle.

Suspension comes from FEED PRO-F09 coilover damper kit, I set the spring at 15/15 as the real life value is not possible in GT6, with a fine tuned damper and ARB, the car gives exceptional response throughout the corner, with tuning aimed at ultimate balance.

LSD is 2 way from FEED, this time I tuned for Tsukuba, which means high preload and high locking rate. This gives the best possible traction and flexibility on the limit.

Gearing is stock, I have to correct this according to real life OEM 5 speed ratio. The FEED RX7 uses FEED 4.7 Final Gear for Tsukuba, which gives the car explosive acceleration that is essential at Tsukuba

I mainly tuned and tested the car at Tsukuba. It easily lap Tsukuba on sports soft at 58s.

Aim to replicate the real life lap time, either the 58.051s or 57.511s lap time. My best so far after a few laps is 57.2xxs :D

I always love a good Tsukuba car. So I was doing mid 57's:confused:, then I decided 💡, enough of that, time to get off my couch (which is about 18' away from my TV) and sit in my gaming chair (aka old car seat) which is 8' away from my TV and see what I could manage. I ended up taking some wing off, brought it down to the 82-88. I then lapped in the 56's. I think there maybe some more room with the right driver....I'm not it lol.... The most I think I'll be able to squeeze out is another 3/10ths if I am lucky.

The Camero...I was also on the couch, was in the 51's. I liked it actually...better than the RX7. Though I did find it wanting to churn rubber into liquid tar in the 'torquier' (if that's a word lol) parts power band coming out of turns and had to short shift quite often to stay on the power. I also noticed it to be quite tight on the straights under power, not wanting to move easily left of right:boggled:...as if the there was not weight up front, which is odd considering it a front engine car.

Anyway, that my 2 cents on those two cars...bravo on the tunes, always a pleasure:tup:.

Last edited:
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 VLN SP9 Class Replica
Tuned to replicate Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 560PP ( VLN SP9 )
Sports Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 513 HP / 520PS at 7200 RPM
Torque : 406.5 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 89.5%
Weight: 1300 kg
Ballast : 83 kg
Ballast Position : 22
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 560

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as the real 458 GT3 has welded roll cage and chassis reinforcements, as well necessary for racing tire fitment.
Aero Kit Type A
Rear Wing - Generic Wing Type B OR
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type D
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type C
Height +10 and Width +32
Wheels : Standard Size OZ Racing Superfogiata / BBS LM-R / ENKEI RS05RR / RAYS 57Xtreme in Light Red Matte or Dark Grey or Black or Silver
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
Triple Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension -INTRAX BLACK TITAN ARC 4 Way Damper with EIBACH ERS Springs
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 77 77
Spring Rate: 16.67 11.49
Dampers (Compression): 5 8
Dampers (Extension): 6 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

LSD - 2 Way Ferrari E-Differential
Initial Torque : 28
Acceleration Sensitivity: 45
Braking Sensitivity: 45

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - HEWLAND Racing Sequential 6 Speed with Homologated ratios
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 5.700
Set Auto Max Speed at 250kmh / 155mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.846
2nd 2.235
3rd 1.765
4th 1.474
5th 1.238
6th 1.037
7th 0.898 ( IGNORE THIS )
Set Final : 3.889 ( Adjust to track if necessary, for example Bathurst works great on 3.725 )

AERO
FRONT : 100 ( FIXED )
REAR : 220 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
5/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 6/4 for ABS 1 or 1 click higher at the front.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
It all started with a message from a fellow member Danbojte :) Then I saw the red car in action at the track ( a picture of it :lol: ) and I realized I have the car in the garage, sitting there in stock form with over 200km from lapping Bathurst.

The Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 was born :D It's a loosely based on real life car, not a full replica so to speak, as detailed information are hard to find, but I do have some of the most important information at hand. I spent a good hour or so to find the needed information, and tuning/testing around 2 hours :)

First is power and weight, there are many level of power and weight for this car, due to various competition rules and balancing purposes. This build is a VLN SP9 class 458 GT3, it's balanced in performance for VLN event regulation. Power is at 520PS or 513HP with 550Nm/405lb-ft of torque and 1300kg. To achieve the torque, I have to use isometric exhaust manifold to bring the torque up at 406.5 :D

I scoured the net for technical information of 458 GT3, I found some that I used here.

Suspension is based on INTRAX Black Titan ARC ( Anti Roll Control ) 4 Way Damper, a great damper kit that received great praise when tested on a 458 GT3 at Spa Francorchamps. Springs are EIBACH ERS, with a set of 3 options front and back :
Front
120-60-280 N/mm
120-60-300 N/mm - Installed
120-60-320 N/mm
Rear
170-60-180 N/mm
170-60-200 N/mm - Installed
170-60-220 N/mm

As these springs rate are way too high and not available in GT6, I used the middle range ratio 300/200 and adapt it on GT6, the front are 1.5 times harder than rear. I used 16.67kg front and 11.49kg rear and it works so well. With damper setup to maintain excellent traction in all conditions, entry, mid corner, or exits, you name it, this 458 GT3 does it well.

For transmission, the real car uses HEWLAND 6 speed gearbox, I managed to get rare information on the homologated gearing. Not sure if the final is fixed in real life, but in GT6 you are free to lower the final for higher top speed. The homologated gearing is setup to take advantage of the 458 GT3 engine peak power and torque, shift point is at 8700rpm ( 1st shift light ) and usable range from 7500-9000rpm. Again, real life spec works wonder in GT6, spot on !! Ignore the 7th gear for the sake of authenticity, if you find the car hitting the limiter on 6th, lower the final, I would recommend 3.725 for Bathurst ( 310+kmh top speed at conrod )

LSD, the real Ferrari 458 uses E-Diff, I read that it uses 2 way with capability to reduce locking rate under braking :eek: So, I fine tuned the LSD in GT6, using high preload commonly used on racing cars, and high locking rate on accel and brake. The value has been optimzed, a click up or down of value would give substantial changes :) Higher gives better traction and response at a cost of tightness, while lower will give more freedom of movement. I set both at 45, this is perfect for most situation. You can fine tune the 458 GT3 behavior just by using LSD - rough guide :
Static initial/preload at 28.
accel 48 / brake 45 ( neutral entry, very tight mid corner to exit )
accel 47 / brake 45 ( neutral entry, tight mid corner to exit )
accel 46 / brake 45 ( neutral entry, moderate mid corner to exit )
----accel 45 / brake 45 ( neutral all around - used on the tune )
accel 45 / brake 48 ( very tight entry, neutral mid corner to exit )
accel 44 / brake 44 ( slightly loose entry, slightly loose mid corner to exit ) - running lower will make the car more loose.

The tuning and testing process was done at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone GP, and Bathurst.

This Ferrari 458 GT3 is very quick at 560PP, with it's deficit in aero/down force, it excels in mechanical grip, balance, traction and acceleration even on higher speed region :D Red makes it even faster :lol:

Update : Added optional custom rear wing + wheels selection and detailed spring rate value under notes.

Well, with SS all I can seem to manage on Tsukuba is in the 56's:confused: I was expecting better for a Ferrari...its a rocket in the straights, however I think you lose a lot with this thing in the turns...IMO you have to lay off the gas for a greater amount of time....and though the Ferrari is quick its not quick enough :boggled:

Looking deeper into the numbers. The RX7 was just over 3/10th's slower than the Ferrari, however the Ferrari has 96hp more with and extra 40f/lbs of torque. Even with the Ferrari being some 60kgs heavier, surely the Ferrari would fair much better than the RX7 :odd:

Last edited:
Back