RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
I have been thinking to suggest water at 20% constant at Bathurst race :) With CS, the tires should last better on rainy track. I have tested the Sti R205 with 335HP, very quick around the corner but slower top speed, while the R32 and R33 has 365HP should be on par with R34, Evo X and Sti, 2:31s on CS. Target is 1:56s on last sector ( conrod ), around 155mph top speed.

I have been thinking to suggest water at 20% constant at Bathurst race :) With CS, the tires should last better on rainy track. I have tested the Sti R205 with 335HP, very quick around the corner but slower top speed, while the R32 and R33 has 365HP should be on par with R34, Evo X and Sti, 2:31s on CS. Target is 1:56s on last sector ( conrod ), around 155mph top speed.
Good idea with the water, we used it in the past on Honda Accord scenario, do you remember? :cheers:

The HKS Accord was smooth in the rain :)

@Pete05 , not that much water :lol: we would be skating and slide into the wall :lol: 20% is good enough to still give traction but very forgiving when sliding.

So far, the R32 requires good braking technique, while the R33 is tail happy, R34 is balanced, the Sti R205 is the most nimble around corners/easier to push, the RALLIART Evo X balanced well like R34. I might host a room tomorrow around this time to test them all after I post the RALLIART Evo X and R34 :) The R32, R33 and Sti R205 can be freely upgraded, as long as the power is 365HP for R32/R33 and 335 for the Sti R205. I would suggest to not use less than 95% limiter as it robs top end pull.

Hi Ridox.
I'm new in this place. I tested some setups and read Your descriptions of some cars. I must say I'm impressed Your approaching to setup and background work. It's not normal for me to find a setup, which is 99% spot on and witch I instantly like - now I have found a place. Your tuning guide is very helpful with good information and background.
I'm very happy You are doing Your good work to help people to have more fun. It's allways privilege to see a work of real professional.
Jounijkk

Sorry, I missed this, thank for the kind words 👍 Hope you can enjoy more of replica based cars :)

Maybe the tires will last better but will the drivers :crazy:?

So, is the Nissan BCNR33 Skyline GTR VSpec '97 going to be the next car used for our Ridox Fan Club event? Or was that just a coincidence that you took the car out around Bathurst, @danbojte?
I've just built that one and took it out for a nice ride. ;) I think our good friend @Ridox2JZGTE will gift us the next two cars that will race at Bathurst - R34 and Evo X. Oh, and maybe th Sti R205?! He said it will do some testings and hopefully will equalize as close as it is possible the cars. Sadly, I don't think I have the free time for doing the equalization tests. :cheers:

I've just built that one and took it out for a nice ride. ;) I think our good friend @Ridox2JZGTE will gift us the next two cars that will race at Bathurst - R34 and Evo X. Oh, and maybe th Sti R205?! He said it will do some testings and hopefully will equalize as close as it is possible the cars. Sadly, I don't think I have the free time for doing the equalization tests. :cheers:

I will post the adjusted power and base setting to use on the club thread for 3 cars ( R32, R33 and Sti R205 - already released cars )

What would be fun is that we have every car that @Ridox2JZGTE chooses be represented in that race. Maybe we can have him pick a car and driver out of a hat and we go with that :D.

What would be fun is that we have every car that @Ridox2JZGTE chooses be represented in that race. Maybe we can have him pick a car and driver out of a hat and we go with that :D.

Giving drivers freedom to choose cars is good too, but limit to only one time use :) so all cars will get used and you get to learn each car strength and weakness. The RALLIART Evo X for example has lower top speed but very good acceleration and stable.
I like both variants. :) 👍

I kind of prefer that we have the option of choosing what we drive. I am positive that when we do races that have multiple choices, most people will probably want to try each car. Since three races are usually run, as long as we don't have to choose between 4 cars, a driver can race with all three that day.

I know we all respect @danbojte and the decisions he makes for these events. Ridox engineers the cars for us, and participates when he can, but I think only one person should handle the details of the events. This is just my opinion. So far, danbojte has done an incredible job running the Fan Club events. I'm sure he takes into consideration people's suggestions, but at the end of the day, whatever he decides is good enough for me.

Although, I would prefer if we limited danbojte to a Dealership stock 1966 Volkswagen Beetle for the next few races. You know, so some of us mere mortals have a chance! :lol: I really wish I made it to the last event. I am so, so disappointed that I missed it. I really began to enjoy the car after those two practice sessions the night before. I wish I would have just gone to bed earlier so I wouldn't have been awake when my computer decided it didn't want to live anymore. :mad: :grumpy: :yuck:

I kind of prefer that we have the option of choosing what we drive. I am positive that when we do races that have multiple choices, most people will probably want to try each car. Since three races are usually run, as long as we don't have to choose between 4 cars, a driver can race with all three that day.

I know we all respect @danbojte and the decisions he makes for these events. Ridox engineers the cars for us, and participates when he can, but I think only one person should handle the details of the events. This is just my opinion. So far, danbojte has done an incredible job running the Fan Club events. I'm sure he takes into consideration people's suggestions, but at the end of the day, whatever he decides is good enough for me.

Although, I would prefer if we limited danbojte to a Dealership stock 1966 Volkswagen Beetle for the next few races. You know, so some of us mere mortals have a chance! :lol: I really wish I made it to the last event. I am so, so disappointed that I missed it. I really began to enjoy the car after those two practice sessions the night before. I wish I would have just gone to bed earlier so I wouldn't have been awake when my computer decided it didn't want to live anymore. :mad: :grumpy: :yuck:
Next time when we practice on a friday night, I'll put a curfew on and send you to bed at 10:00PM :lol:.

I am sure the AWD cars will be giving all more chance to win, you can try the 3 cars for now, the Sti R205 uses base suspension, LSD and base weight ( heaviest 1519kg ) and still very nimble to drive. Simply power up the STi to 335HP. R32 and R33 uses base LSD 2 way, and up the power to 360HP to get the feel of them at Bathurst. The R33 can oversteer on some corners, beware :lol: Aim to get 23s 1st sector, 1:17s 2nd sector ( downhill ), 1:56s/1:57s last sector ( conrod )

TVR V8S Replica

Tuned to replicate TVR V8S
Comfort Medium

tvr-v8-s-c312706052014193119_1.jpg

CAR : TVR V8S '91
Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs Corner Weight
Horsepower: 237 HP / 240 PS at 5300 RPM
Torque: 275.1 ft-lb at 3200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.3%
Weight: 1054 kg
Ballast : 172 kg
Ballast Position : 37
Weight Distribution : 48 / 52 - real life corner weight figure.
Performance Points: 448

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : White or Black or Yellow or Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - GAZ Gold Coilover with Custom Springs
TVR OEM Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 145 145
Spring Rate: 8.04 6.70
Dampers (Compression): 1 3
Dampers (Extension): 2 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 0.5 1.4
Toe Angle: 0.11 0.23

OEM V8S Range :
Camber : Front 0.00 +- 0.5, Rear 1.00 +- 0.25
Toe Angle : Front Toe In 0.24 +- 0.11, Rear Toe In 0.23 +- 0.11

Recommended OEM V8S Alignment :

Camber Angle: 0.0 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.13 0.23

7839674762_3ed15cc1c6_b.jpg

LSD TVR Hydratrak LSD - BASE

Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 45
Braking Sensitivity: 5

LSD TVR OEM Viscous LSD

Acceleration Sensitivity: 15

tvr-v8s-4=u.jpg

Brake Balance:
6/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Just a basic replica build of TVR V8S, using real life corner weight report, corrected power and torque.

Suspension uses Gaz Gold coilover with custom springs suggested by V8S owner and alignment uses TVR OEM alignment derived from Tuscan. I also included OEM V8S alignment range, very similar. The recomended OEM V8S alignment has been added.
Gear ratio left stock for now as I have found no other information that showed GT6 ratios as wrong. Got the info, here is the V8S gear ratio, very close to stock, so stock can be used :
LT77 from Rover SD1

1st = 3.321
2nd = 2.087
3rd = 1.396
4th = 1.00
5th = 0.792
Final 3.36

LSD base is Hydratrak viscous LSD which was optional part for Griffith and Tuscan. The OEM LSD also a viscous albeit much weaker in locking ratio also provided.

Tested at Tsukuba and Cape Ring South. The car is good to drive with nice drift when provoked.

Last edited:
I'll build the new TVR V8S '91, but I hate Standard cars... 👎 It really ticks me off because there are a lot of Standard cars that I really want, but I refuse to buy. Especially when the Dealership wants over 1,000,000CR for some awful PS2 model. :mad:

TVR V8S Replica

Comfort Medium

Specs Corner Weight

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

TVR OEM Alignment

Front, Rear

LSD TVR OEM Viscous LSD

Brake Balance:
6/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Just a basic replica build of TVR V8S, using real life corner weight report, corrected power and torque.

Suspension uses Gaz Gold coilover with custom springs suggested by V8S owner and alignment uses TVR OEM alignment derived from Tuscan.

Gear ratio left stock for now as I have found no other information that showed GT6 ratios as wrong.

LSD base is Hydratrak viscous LSD which was optional part for Griffith and Tuscan. The OEM LSD also a viscous albeit much weaker in locking ratio also provided.

Tested at Tsukuba and Cape Ring South. The car is good to drive with nice drift when provoked.

This TVR V8S is a really fun little sports car! I took my new V8S out onto the Nurburgring Nordschleife not expecting much. It doesn't exactly have a ton of horsepower or torque, but it also doesn't have a lot of weight either. The car drives faster than you'd expect from looking at the specs. Granted, 237hp and 275ft/lb's of torque is nothing to sneeze at...I think I'm just spoiled at the numbers produced by minivans these days. Still, the V8S can get up and go when you've got your foot planted to the floor.

As expected with a car this size, you'll find yourself throwing the TVR around corners. The CM tires are perfect for this V8S, although if you get a little too cheeky you will find yourself facing 180 degrees from your intended direction. Again the low weight of the car allows the standard brakes to really bite down. While I usually set my brakes with a tick more bite in the rear, I decided to drive my two laps with a setting of 5/4. Yes, I'm still learning this car, but I don't think I'll need more rotation anytime soon.

That is, unless I decide to drive my V8S with the optional viscous LSD installed. Currently, the base setup resides on Tab A and the OEM Viscous LSD setup resides on Tab B. I can make it very simple for you to choose a setup. Do you prefer a rear end that can control the direction of the car with a blip of the throttle? Do you like more power going to the pavement, albeit while carefully monitoring how much throttle you apply? Do you like to have the rear end of the car come out to play once in a while? If the answer to any of these questions is "YES!", then I would recommend that you stick with the base LSD settings. If you really want your rear end firmly planted at all times, even at the expense of losing some of your forward power, then install the OEM viscous LSD.

The viscous LSD isn't a bad option at all. I would highly recommend that you try both. My impressions could drastically change once I get my TVR V8S out onto a track like Tsukuba or Streets of Willow.

I can definitely see myself putting some miles on this car. At first I was very unhappy that it's a Standard model car. Even though I don't always drive in cockpit mode, I like to...and I refuse to drive in cockpit mode with a black shadowy blob for an interior. The performance of the car puts a smile on my face. At the end of the day that's what matters most.

This TVR V8S is a really fun little sports car! I took my new V8S out onto the Nurburgring Nordschleife not expecting much. It doesn't exactly have a ton of horsepower or torque, but it also doesn't have a lot of weight either. The car drives faster than you'd expect from looking at the specs. Granted, 237hp and 275ft/lb's of torque is nothing to sneeze at...I think I'm just spoiled at the numbers produced by minivans these days. Still, the V8S can get up and go when you've got your foot planted to the floor.

As expected with a car this size, you'll find yourself throwing the TVR around corners. The CM tires are perfect for this V8S, although if you get a little too cheeky you will find yourself facing 180 degrees from your intended direction. Again the low weight of the car allows the standard brakes to really bite down. While I usually set my brakes with a tick more bite in the rear, I decided to drive my two laps with a setting of 5/4. Yes, I'm still learning this car, but I don't think I'll need more rotation anytime soon.

That is, unless I decide to drive my V8S with the optional viscous LSD installed. Currently, the base setup resides on Tab A and the OEM Viscous LSD setup resides on Tab B. I can make it very simple for you to choose a setup. Do you prefer a rear end that can control the direction of the car with a blip of the throttle? Do you like more power going to the pavement, albeit while carefully monitoring how much throttle you apply? Do you like to have the rear end of the car come out to play once in a while? If the answer to any of these questions is "YES!", then I would recommend that you stick with the base LSD settings. If you really want your rear end firmly planted at all times, even at the expense of losing some of your forward power, then install the OEM viscous LSD.

The viscous LSD isn't a bad option at all. I would highly recommend that you try both. My impressions could drastically change once I get my TVR V8S out onto a track like Tsukuba or Streets of Willow.

I can definitely see myself putting some miles on this car. At first I was very unhappy that it's a Standard model car. Even though I don't always drive in cockpit mode, I like to...and I refuse to drive in cockpit mode with a black shadowy blob for an interior. The performance of the car puts a smile on my face. At the end of the day that's what matters most.

Thank you for reviewing shortly after I posted the car :) I have updated the replica with OEM V8S alignment, I had the technical docs, just forgot to check it :lol: The OEM Viscous LSD is known to be very weak allowing inner wheel spin when driven really hard and often give up after a few years. The Hydratrak was improvement but suffers similar wear rate issue and even worse with higher torque engine ( it was common on Holden Commodore and HSV, and most will just swap for Truetrac from Eaton )

Oh boy...I'm going to have to try the OEM Alignment for the TVR V8S in the afternoon when I get back from my doctor appointment. I should have gone to bed already, but I stayed up to run 3 laps in the R32 and Subaru (for the next fan club event). I actually don't have the R33 Skyline built yet. I had a different R33 built, the Hosaka Tuning Factory R33. So, I'll have to buy another R33 from the dealership as well. It's going to be a wild race on that narrow track... :lol:

Oh boy...I'm going to have to try the OEM Alignment for the TVR V8S in the afternoon when I get back from my doctor appointment. I should have gone to bed already, but I stayed up to run 3 laps in the R32 and Subaru (for the next fan club event). I actually don't have the R33 Skyline built yet. I had a different R33 built, the Hosaka Tuning Factory R33. So, I'll have to buy another R33 from the dealership as well. It's going to be a wild race on that narrow track... :lol:

Check the Fan Club thread for the detailed setup for each car :P

TVR V8S Replica

Comfort Medium

Specs Corner Weight

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

TVR OEM Alignment

Front, Rear

OEM V8S Range :
Camber : Front 0.00 +- 0.5, Rear 1.00 +- 0.25
Toe Angle : Front Toe In 0.24 +- 0.11, Rear Toe In 0.23 +- 0.11

Recommended OEM V8S Alignment :

Camber Angle: 0.0 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.13 0.23

LSD TVR OEM Viscous LSD

Brake Balance:

Notes :

Suspension uses Gaz Gold coilover with custom springs suggested by V8S owner and alignment uses TVR OEM alignment derived from Tuscan. I also included OEM V8S alignment range, very similar. The recomended OEM V8S alignment has been added.
Gear ratio left stock for now as I have found no other information that showed GT6 ratios as wrong. Got the info, here is the V8S gear ratio, very close to stock, so stock can be used :
LT77 from Rover SD1
1st = 3.321
2nd = 2.087
3rd = 1.396
4th = 1.00
5th = 0.792
Final 3.36

And just when I thought it was safe to leave the garage and head to the track :sly: I've just built the R32, R33 and Impreza and was just about to set up a room to test them. Why did I have to check in here first!? :D

This looks very nice indeed. I just picked one up the other day and hadn't gotten round to even test driving it yet. It's going to be a better test drive now I'm sure. Thanks Ridox :):cheers:

Nissan BNR34 Skyline GTR VSpec Gr N LM Mag / Nur '02
Tsukuba Best Motoring Lap Record

Tuned to replicate R34 GTR Vspec
Comfort Soft

Tsukuba Circuit_16.jpg

CAR : Nissan Skyline GTR Vspec II Nur (R34) '02
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs 350HP Nur RB26DETT Base Dyno Power
Horsepower: 350 HP / 355 PS at 6400 RPM
Torque: 370.5 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.3%
Weight: 1560 kg
Ballast Position : -29
Weight Distribution : 57 / 43 - used real life 57 / 43
Performance Points: 479

Specs N1 RB26DETT Dyno Power
Horsepower: 345 HP / 350 PS at 7500 RPM
Torque: 356.7 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.7%
Performance Points: 476

Specs GT6 Stock
Horsepower: 336 HP / 341 PS at 7500 RPM
Torque: 346.3 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Performance Points: 472

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : Standard Size Stock or RAYS TE37SL in White
Car Paint : Cyberia Blue, Champion Blue, Bay Side Blue from R34 GTR '99 or Gran Turismo Blau

Tuning Parts Installed :
Intake Tuning -ONLY FOR 350HP
Isometric Exhaust Manifold -ONLY FOR 345HP
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - Nissan OEM Springs/Damper
Base Street/Track Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 130 130
Spring Rate: 4.07 5.09
Dampers (Compression): 4 3
Dampers (Extension): 6 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.2 ( Camber range Front 0.8 +- 0.75, Rear 1.2 +- 0.5 )
Toe Angle: 0.12 0.25 ( Toe In Front Range 0.12 +- 0.06, Toe In Rear 0.25, Range 0.00 to Max 0.25 )

Alternative Damper for More Neutral Handling :
Dampers (Compression): 4 3
Dampers (Extension): 2 6

Lower front extension for better turn in/steering response, and rear extension higher for more eager rear rotation. Feel free to compare both damper preset at Deep Forest or Apricot Hill Reverse.

LSD NISSAN A-LSD Base 2 Way - Base
Front
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 14
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 30

LSD NISSAN A-LSD Base 1.5 Way - Optional
Front
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 14
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36

AERO
Rear = 30 ( MINIMUM ) or 80 ( MAX )

Tsukuba Circuit_15.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Notes :

This is a simple replica build of a stock BNR34 GTR Vspec, particularly the N1 and Nur Edition R34 with the best evolution of RB26DETT engine capable of 350+PS in stock trim. The Vspec is the top of the range R34 GTR, in real life R34 GTR Vspec N1 and Nur has been dynoed with reports of around 345HP to 350HP ( 355 PS ) at the engine. I have included 3 spec, 350HP Nur, 345HP N1 ( Gr N ) and 336HP stock GT6.

The Vspec suspension spring rates of the real car 4.00 kg/mm front and 5.00 kg/mm rear. The spring rate can't be set in GT6, but can be very close, and I used the ratio as well, with damper and ARB tuned for neutral balance. The stock factory alignment has been used for the base suspension.

The car weight is 1560kg, with weight distribution using real life spec at 57/43, and both has been replicated. This should give the close to neutral balance of the real car and oversteer when pushed hard.

LSD is set in 2 way this time, with setup giving good amount of lock and low preload. An alternate LSD with 1.5 way arrangement also provided, the 1.5 way will give much more freedom in turn in under braking.

Tire base set is comfort soft with aim to set performance against real life Tsukuba lap record which is 1:04.57 driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya on a R34 GTR Vspec Nissan test car with LM mag wheel, race brake pad, some track tweaks and N1 spec engine which very likely have 350+PS.

In GT6, the time can achieved with comfort soft tire with near perfect lap just like the real life 1:04.57 lap did, perfection at the limit. While the factory stock R34 GTR Vpsec lap record is 1:05.32 driven The Professor Nakaya Akihiko, this can be achieved in GT6 with 336HP stock power.

The R34 was mainly tested and tuned at Tsukuba and Bathurst. The replay of the lap at 1:04s has been included, the lap was done with 350HP spec to match the real lap acceleration/speed/RPM at braking entry and exit. Suspension uses base set and 2 way LSD.

UPDATE : Added Nissan R34 GTR '99 Bay Side Blue paint chip for accurate/correct shade.
Added alternative damper setup for more neutral handling on entry and exit, compare with old base setup if curious.

Tested at Deep Forest, managed 1:30s lap easily and 1:37s at Apricot Hill Reverse with alternative damper, base 2 way LSD and max rear aero at 80. ENJOY the more fun R34 GTR Vspec replica :P

Attachments

• Nissan34GTR1m4sTsukubaCS.zip
    270.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back