Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Every time I turned on my PS it was to run laps at Nordschleife for the last 3 weeks before the race. Then we had a 3 day weekend for Memorial Day, I would a 20 lap custom race every day just to learn patience for passing.
I told you I was going to be in deep trouble for this race if I didn't do something about it, I really didn't know the track and I am still getting familiar with it.

Last edited:
Every time I turned on my PS it was to run laps at Nordschleife for the last 3 weeks before the race. Then we had a 3 day weekend for Memorial Day, I would a 20 lap custom race every day just to learn patience for passing.
I told you I was going to be in deep trouble for this race if I didn't do something about it, I really didn't know the track and I am still getting familiar with it.
I don't know if you can ever truly be fully familiar with the Nurburgring. The track too long and there's too corners remember. And every car you bring here drives differently. All because of how they respond to bumps.

Unfortunately custom races aren't the best for learning traffic here. For both the 24 Hours and Nordschleife courses. The AI cars are accidentally programmed to act like this is a track day instead of race conditions but, only for the human player. There for if you ride behind them for a bit. They will put their turn signal and try to let you pass. Which can hold you up and make you lose time to those behind you. I think this programming was meant for the Tourist version only but, they accidentally programmed it for all three courses.

Passing at the Nurburgring is simple if you have better straights speed than the car you're following and can afford some time. Which is stay close until the long straight and drive around them. If your car is slower on the straights than car you're following or your just really desperate. Than you need get creative and find another way to pass and gap them before the long straight. In case of a one make race. You can make use the long straight but, you must stay close enough to slipstream and or get a better exit.

Last edited:
I don't know if you can ever truly be fully familiar with the Nurburgring. The track too long and there's too corners remember. And every car you bring here drives differently. All because of how they respond to bumps.

Unfortunately custom races aren't the best for learning traffic here. For both the 24 Hours and Nordschleife courses. The AI cars are accidentally programmed to act like this is a track day instead of race conditions but, only for the human player. There for if you ride behind them for a bit. They will put their turn signal and try to let you pass. Which can hold you up and make you lose time to those behind you. I think this programming was meant for the Tourist version only but, they accidentally programmed it for all three courses.

Passing at the Nurburgring is simple if you have better straights speed than the car you're following and can afford some time. Which is stay close until the long straight and drive around them. If your car is slower on the straights than car you're following or your just really desperate. Than you need get creative and find another way to pass and gap them before the long straight. In case of a one make race. You can make use the long straight but, you must stay close enough to slipstream and or get a better exit.

Even in custom races I use BOP so it puts me at a speed disadvantage, thats why I say it teaches me patience, sometimes I have to just follow and wait for the right chance to pass.

Even in custom races I use BOP so it puts me at a speed disadvantage, thats why I say it teaches me patience, sometimes I have to just follow and wait for the right chance to pass.
I use custom races to get an idea what my car is like in traffic. I'm just trying make sure you know about that glitch at Nurburgring 24 hours and Nordschleife courses. As it can give you the wrong idea about where can and can't pass.

Also the AI do not use BOP unless you change what Class you're racing against on the setup screen though I think it only works for N Classes. This will make practice for Northern Isle difficult. As you will not be able to practice against AI with Gr.3 Oval BOP. Which is faster than the standard BOP.

I might consider hosting a shorter practice race before July 10th but, I'm busy the next couple of weekends after the 12th. It would have be a week day.

I know that the AI cars don't run BOP, thats why I do, it makes them a little faster.
What is the glitch at Nordschleife and Nurb 24 hours??

I know that the AI cars don't run BOP, thats why I do, it makes them a little faster.
What is the glitch at Nordschleife and Nurb 24 hours??
For both the 24 Hours and Nordschleife courses. The AI cars are accidentally programmed to act like this is a track day instead of race conditions but, only for the human player. There for if you ride behind them for a bit. They will put their turn signal and try to let you pass. Which can hold you up and make you lose time to those behind you. I think this programming was meant for the Tourist version only but, they accidentally programmed it for all three courses.

Tell me more about the Lemans race, when you say "tuning allowed" is that just to set BOP settings or can we actually make suspension changes??

Tell me more about the Lemans race, when you say "tuning allowed" is that just to set BOP settings or can we actually make suspension changes??
You must set power and weight to what ever the current BOP settings are for your car. As for everything else yes may make changes to the car. Take off all the downforce and setup your transmission for the very long straight make up almost half the lap is where I would start.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@racefan88 @ToxicBacon @john_ydg @Pixteca @Racer283 @Bruins4Life
@Toshost

I made a change to the time penalty depletion rule specifically for Northern Isle Speedway and Broad Bean Raceway which may or may not be on schedule next season. Do to there small size and the pit entrance and exit situations. All time penalties at these 2 tracks must be depleted on the inside of the finish line straight on your next pass by. Time penalties will unfortunately not deplete on the apron. It's where I would prefer people to get rid of their penalties but, Gran Turismo said no. So this is the safest solution I can think of. As I don't want drivers blocking the entrance or exit.

Also I have decided to change Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop currently scheduled for October 2nd from a heavy wet night race to a intermediate wet at dawn. Despite how much I really like the 18:00 time slot for the Tokyo Expressway tracks. I thought that an intermediate wet race would be more unique wet experience since intermediate time slots are more rarely used. Plus the heavy wet night slot will be used for the next Supercar World Speed Contest Series. So that's is enough for me.

Last edited:
Yeah, not sure I will be running the heavy rain race, its a joke in the SS series
If you skip this race you would have more to spare so you.

I thought about CS thinking for this race thinking they might have more grip in these conditions because they would have deeper grooves but, in testing the SS performed better and provide better grip.

Honestly most of track isn't to bad. Spa is much more difficult in the wet. It's just slow compared to the track in the dry. Entering the first turn and exiting the hairpin.

If you skip this race you would have more to spare so you.

I thought about CS thinking for this race thinking they might have more grip in these conditions because they would have deeper grooves but, in testing the SS performed better and provide better grip.

Honestly most of track isn't to bad. Spa is much more difficult in the wet. It's just slow compared to the track in the dry. Entering the first turn and exiting the hairpin.

I think the worst part is the last turn, your at or below 25MPH to get around the tight hairpin then it seems like you have to wait forever before getting on the gas.

The other concerns that I have with this race is that I think penalties will automatically bleed off quickly because we are going so slow. The speeds are so slow that heavy damage won't really slow you down at all and because of the slow speeds it really won't be possible to suffer excessive damage.

The other concerns that I have with this race is that I think penalties will automatically bleed off quickly because we are going so slow. The speeds are so slow that heavy damage won't really slow you down at all and because of the slow speeds it really won't be possible to suffer excessive damage.
There aren't to many places where you can get a corner cutting penalty. I think only the last turn and if you cut through those poles at the bottom of the highway on ramps. You're more likely to get a penalty for passing in a local yellow. Any aero damage will slow you a good 5 to 10 mph on the straights. Not sure if it's enough time lost to justify a extra stop for damage in the wet.

There aren't to many places where you can get a corner cutting penalty. I think only the last turn and if you cut through those poles at the bottom of the highway on ramps. You're more likely to get a penalty for passing in a local yellow. Any aero damage will slow you a good 5 to 10 mph on the straights. Not sure if it's enough time lost to justify a extra stop for damage in the wet.

I dont like Tokyo without wall penalties on because its too tempting for someone to gain lap time by bouncing off of a wall. I ran faster lap times with damage clipping walls in a few places. On turn in the wall kinda works like brakes for you too. I didn't notice how much speed I lost on the straight but my lap time was faster.

I dont like Tokyo without wall penalties on because its too tempting for someone to gain lap time by bouncing off of a wall. I ran faster lap times with damage clipping walls in a few places. On turn in the wall kinda works like brakes for you too. I didn't notice how much speed I lost on the straight but my lap time was faster.
Have you taken into account the extra time to repair the damage in the pits. I have yet find proof of wall riding faster with heavy damage on but, I admit have not tested it in the wet. In dry you lose to most time from the damage. Though if someone were caught doing so intentionally will result in a large points Penalty and maybe a 1 Race Suspension.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I'm going to have to miss the July 10th and July 24th races in this series. July 10th is the weekend of our wedding anniversary (29 years!) and July 24th is the weekend of my wife's birthday, so we'll be doing something on Saturday night each of those weekends. I did try to convince her that sitting next to me and watching the races would be a great way to celebrate, but that didn't work 🙂.

I was particularly looking forward to the Northern Isle race as it never comes up on daily races or FIA races (I'm a NASCAR fan as you could probably tell from my liveries). Bummer that I'll be missing that one.

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I'm going to have to miss the July 10th and July 24th races in this series. July 10th is the weekend of our wedding anniversary (29 years!) and July 24th is the weekend of my wife's birthday, so we'll be doing something on Saturday night each of those weekends. I did try to convince her that sitting next to me and watching the races would be a great way to celebrate, but that didn't work 🙂.

I was particularly looking forward to the Northern Isle race as it never comes up on daily races or FIA races (I'm a NASCAR fan as you could probably tell from my liveries). Bummer that I'll be missing that one.
Unfortunately I don't think move either of them. I don't want to run the Northern Isle Speedway on the 4th of July weekend because people might have holiday plans.

As for the July 24th Mixed Class Special. Try telling her that my birthday is the July 25th and it's a special request from me that you be allowed to race. My younger brother's is the July 31st. So I can't move the race either. In more serious suggestion anyway you could celebrate on Sunday or does she work. No Nascar that weekend do to the following do to Olympics.

Last edited:

Actually looking at Nascar's schedule. There's no Saturday races until Daytona. I might be able to move the Mixed Class Special to August 14th. I have ask if everyone else is okay with the move first.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@racefan88 @ToxicBacon @john_ydg @Pixteca @Racer283 @Bruins4Life
@Toshost

rhcpeppers has alerted me that he can't make our race at Northern Isle on July 10th or our Mixed Class Special at Sarthe No Chicane on July 24th. While I will not move regular season races unless absolutely necessary.

Do to the main gimmick of the Mixed Class Special. I would like to have as many people available as possible. So would anyone have a problem if I moved the Mixed Class Special from July 24th to August 14th?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't think move either of them. I don't want to run the Northern Isle Speedway on the 4th of July weekend because people might have holiday plans.

As for the July 24th Mixed Class Special. Try telling her that my birthday is the July 25th and it's a special request from me that you be allowed to race. My younger brother's is the July 31st. So I can't move the race either. In more serious suggestion anyway you could celebrate on Sunday or does she work. No Nascar that weekend or the following do to Olympics.
I cant believe your wife doesn't consider racing a date. I guess I should count myself lucky that I met my wife at the race track. I was racing and she was a track employee so in the early racing and dating was like killing 2 birds with one stone.

I cant believe your wife doesn't consider racing a date. I guess I should count myself lucky that I met my wife at the race track. I was racing and she was a track employee so in the early racing and dating was like killing 2 birds with one stone.
Haha! That's great! My wife and I are "gaming buddies", but unfortunately she has no interest in car racing. The redhotcpeppers psn id is actually her original account that I just kind of took over (she's a huge fan of the band). We have spent hundreds of hours playing Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet & Clank, Rock Band, etc. together, but the best I can get from her on GT Sport is when she walks by and says "Oh, that car looks kind of pretty" 🙂

Hey dating that 1 women track you can find might be a way to find someone else who likes racing. Though there's still the chance she is just a local who needs money and found a job there.

Anyways do you mind if the Mixed Class Special Race is moved from July 24th to August 14th? I learned that Jarkulary would not be able to attend either if we leave it on the July 24th.

Last edited:
Haha! That's great! My wife and I are "gaming buddies", but unfortunately she has no interest in car racing. The redhotcpeppers psn id is actually her original account that I just kind of took over (she's a huge fan of the band). We have spent hundreds of hours playing Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet & Clank, Rock Band, etc. together, but the best I can get from her on GT Sport is when she walks by and says "Oh, that car looks kind of pretty" 🙂
Has no interest in car racing. Unfortunately that's a common problem. And then they complain why is there no women drivers. At least she has good taste in music.

Hey dating that 1 women track you can find might be a way to find someone else who likes racing. Though there's still the chance she is just a local who needs money and found a job there.

Anyways do you mind if the Mixed Class Special Race is moved from July 24th to August 14th? I learned that Jarkulary would not be able to attend either if we leave it on the July 24th.
Thats fine, doesn't matter to me when we hold the special race.

Thats cool that your wife does that stuff with you. When I'm PS4 racing I always ask my wife if she wants drive, her answer is always no. Im like 24/7 car stuff and racing between my job and hobbies, my wife loves going to the track and being around the racecar she just has no interest in partaking actively in it other than keeping it shiny. That makes it tough at the track, if I'm trying to do something on the car I might ask her to hand me stuff but she's not sure exactly what I'm looking for, by the time I get her to put her hand on the tool or part I'm looking for I could have walked away from the racecar and gotten it myself. :)
(I hate the new forums, can't get emojis to work from my phone, there is so much crap like ads on the screen that I can only see the one sentence I am writing, IT SUCKS!!!!!)

Have you taken into account the extra time to repair the damage in the pits. I have yet find proof of wall riding faster with heavy damage on but, I admit have not tested it in the wet. In dry you lose to most time from the damage. Though if someone were caught doing so intentionally will result in a large points Penalty and maybe a 1 Race Suspension.

Last edited:
Back