Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Apparently it seems while fixing more stuff with this update. They must have broke something big. I was already suspicious something was wrong when after the update installed. I tried to start the game to see what fixed before I went to bed. And the game was still offline. They usually have the servers up and running after the update install.

I wasn't on Thursday. And I won't be on the PS4 at home until Saturday evening but, I'm aware GT7 is down after the 1.07 update. According to an article I found. They are supposedly fixing an issue they found when doing maintenance for the 1.07 update. I'm a little concerned for how long the game has been down. Hopefully some "brilliant" employee didn't accidentally press the delete button. I really don't PDI could survive a big screw up. Gran Turismo is the game the developers make.

I wasn't on Thursday. And I won't be on the PS4 at home until Saturday evening but, I'm aware GT7 is down after the 1.07 update. According to an article I found. They are supposedly fixing an issue they found when doing maintenance for the 1.07 update. I'm a little concerned for how long the game has been down. Hopefully some "brilliant" employee didn't accidentally press the delete button. I really don't PDI could survive a big screw up. Gran Turismo is the game the developers make.
Is it still down??

Is it still down??
According to Gran Turismo's website yes. And non of my PSN friends are currently playing it. So I'm going to say yes

And I a Ferrari invite that expires on March 22nd too. I'm only at little over a ¼ of the price tag of a the Laferrari.

Damn...like I said before...I'll give it a week. I would much rather have a bug free and functioning game that may have been postponed 1 more year, as it always was, but this time it wasn't? Polyphony Digital Inc. is a part of Sony isn't it? Maybe owned by them? No idea...but with limited numbers and scalpers grabbings consoles left and right, the rumor I heard about consoles "disappearing" after this generation are seeming more likely. It will probably be trade related and not supply/demand related. To my knowledge, the U.S.A. does not produce a large number of electronics relative to other countries who manufacture more than America in general.

Anyway, I'm disappointed in all of this. The on going trade wars, the lack of quality control, the escalated prices, illegal resales, limited or "privaleged" availability of consoles through "member" programs; the list goes on.

@fastone371 I know the game is down right now but try adjusting the FFB Strength to 9 or 10 and the FFB Sensitivity to 5 then adjust from there. Waiting to look at the menu again but I was using 9 Strength and 1 Sensitivity. It really helped to tell when I was losing the car but there isn't much feedback when correcting or over-correcting the car so I would suggest putting the Sensitivity up to 5. Getting better at saving cars when I lose traction but it's a huge learning curve compared to the constant Group 3 and Group 4 cars on Racing Tires in GT Sport. Wasn't a fan of the Nations Cup, only did Manufacturers and the first Supra RZ Cup.

P.S. -downloading patch 1.08 stuck at 10%

THANK YOU, POLYPHONY!!!!!
Damn...like I said before...I'll give it a week. I would much rather have a bug free and functioning game that may have been postponed 1 more year, as it always was, but this time it wasn't? Polyphony Digital Inc. is a part of Sony isn't it? Maybe owned by them? No idea...but with limited numbers and scalpers grabbings consoles left and right, the rumor I heard about consoles "disappearing" after this generation are seeming more likely. It will probably be trade related and not supply/demand related. To my knowledge, the U.S.A. does not produce a large number of electronics relative to other countries who manufacture more than America in general.

Anyway, I'm disappointed in all of this. The on going trade wars, the lack of quality control, the escalated prices, illegal resales, limited or "privaleged" availability of consoles through "member" programs; the list goes on.

@fastone371 I know the game is down right now but try adjusting the FFB Strength to 9 or 10 and the FFB Sensitivity to 5 then adjust from there. Waiting to look at the menu again but I was using 9 Strength and 1 Sensitivity. It really helped to tell when I was losing the car but there isn't much feedback when correcting or over-correcting the car so I would suggest putting the Sensitivity up to 5. Getting better at saving cars when I lose traction but it's a huge learning curve compared to the constant Group 3 and Group 4 cars on Racing Tires in GT Sport. Wasn't a fan of the Nations Cup, only did Manufacturers and the first Supra RZ Cup.

I don't think this entirely PDI's fault. Something tells that Sony forced them to release game 2 early. Since they are the bank. Unfortunately PDI is the one going to take the publicity hit for a game that doesn't seem like it was ready for release. The big wigs don't seem to realize that selling an unfinished game and fixing later. Is just really messed up.

Sony is probably worried about sales numbers for the PS5 but, it's the price tag and dam scalpers that are the problem. We when through same problem trying to get a Nintendo Switch. They could easily stop this by making consoles in store purchases only. And limit how many 1 customer can purchase. If they can do with toilet paper during that pandemic. They can do with the game consoles too. It would be consoles in stock for actually paying customers.

I don't see this console generation as the last. We'll expect maybe for Xbox since they can just go PC only. I see Sony and Nintendo canning consoles as long as they can still make money. Neither have an alternative platform to move their products too.

The trade wars and production shortages have been an issue since the pandemic. And I think it's happening because people in lower paying jobs got the opportunity to move to jobs to better paying jobs that the original employees were to afraid to work. And realized it's nice not having to work multiple jobs just to be able to afford to live. Now nobody wants to work the low end jobs because they don't get paid enough. Raising minimum wage would both put more money into people's accounts to spend and solve the worker shortages. But half the government and corporations don't want to payout. So here we are. A victim of a war of greed.

Last edited:
What's going on everybody.. How's everyone doing these days?
Hey man it's been awhile since we heard from you. I'm doing okay. I'm sorry to report your league is officially dead now. It ran for 2 more season after you left. But I decided to end it on GTS. Plan on starting something new on GT7. After taking some time off to enjoy the game.

Hey man it's been awhile since we heard from you. I'm doing okay. I'm sorry to report your league is officially dead now. It ran for 2 more season after you left. But I decided to end it on GTS. Plan on starting something new on GT7. After taking some time off to enjoy the game.
Glad you're doing ok. The league was fun while it lasted but now you've got a new game to run on. When we first met on GT6 you were running lobbies and now it looks like that format is back. I just picked up GT7 a few weeks ago but I don't have much time to play it. At some point I will get a few cars built up and I will jump into your lobbies like the old days on GT6.

Glad you're doing ok. The league was fun while it lasted but now you've got a new game to run on. When we first met on GT6 you were running lobbies and now it looks like that format is back. I just picked up GT7 a few weeks ago but I don't have much time to play it. At some point I will get a few cars built up and I will jump into your lobbies like the old days on GT6.
Thank you. I have plans for the future. When and what I'm not sure yet. I learned 2 things. One don't host anything in July or December. Two must people don't seem to have the attention span for a year round series.

A few of our members stayed with us. @fastone371, and @Racer283 completed in the 2021 season. And @QTip8329Wags made a return for the short final season that just ended at the end of February.

I forget, do you have a Fanatec too?? My settings worked great on GTS but everything is horribly muted on GT7. I have Force at about 70 right now (30-50 on GTS was normal for me) and FFB at 100 (also ran 100 in GTS) I also have FEI on about 50. I tried adjusting shock/spring/damper all with no change, same situation in GTS. The way I understand it is force is how "heavy" the wheel feels and FFB is the amount of detail you feel from bumps, curbs, car weight, etc. I can feel car dynamics great in GT7 but curbs are almost non-existant. I want to upgrade to a Podium but I was hoping to have a PS5 before ordering one. I refuse to pay above MSRP for a PS5 just to put money in some jerk offs pocket, if it never gets to that point I guess I will keep playing on PS4 then maybe go iRacing when PS4 is out of date. I tried the Dragon Trail circuit experience last night and a race car felt pretty good on RH, so far all of my driving has been on street tires using road cars, I just playing the game using the menu book so far. So my game experience so far has been largely based on Comfort and sport tires, when I get to race tires I will probably change my mind on GT7 physics. But that ZL1 Camaro still felt damn good on Sport Softs, that is my go to car when I can use it, it felt like it had race tires on it, I'm not sure I even drove it in GTS.

Hey Mr. Rinsky, how are you doing!!! I'm good. Long time no see. Did you sell your rig or did you end up keeping it? I noticed your name on my leader board doing license tests, I was hoping that was you. How is the family, great I hope.
Good to see your still around and everything is going good for you. Yes I still have my rig..I was going to sell it but then Covid made shipping it to another country more trouble than it was worth. I just got it back out and dusted it off as it had been sitting for over a year untouched. Me and Infineon both have bought GT7 and are trying to build up some cars so we can have some fun with you guys in online racing.

I'm not sure what you mean. This is still the same forum we were using. It's just closed for racing activities. When I open a new forum in GT7's league section I will announce here. Along with Rinsky's old forum and my old forum. So I wouldn't completely ignore this forum.
I have got one since I posted about it. I delete them and can't find one to post. After the season ended, they did show races, but not current. Then it was just a blank email about Risnky.... I think it might be GTPlanet just doing it. I'll post one if I get another one.

FYI: 12hr. @ Sebring is on today on USA channel.
Here's a link to the IMSA schedule:

Good to see your still around and everything is going good for you. Yes I still have my rig..I was going to sell it but then Covid made shipping it to another country more trouble than it was worth. I just got it back out and dusted it off as it had been sitting for over a year untouched. Me and Infineon both have bought GT7 and are trying to build up some cars so we can have some fun with you guys in online racing.
The TGT feels muted also and doesn't have the feedback it did on GTS. I can no longer feel the rumble strips or curbs when riding over them.
Nobody in the US wanted your rig? I know Infineon was still playing GTS. I tried to invite him to our races but, he never responds here or on PSN. I wanted have him at least join our last race.

I will probably start out with some one off endurance races to test out stuff for bigger events. Some ideas are forming but, I will wait until PDI fixes up the game more.

I doesn't seem this game was fully ready for release. I think Sony forced them to release it before the game was ready. There's a lot on their to do list. They just had to shutdown the game for 30 hours to fix an issue they said would have became major problem later. I'm sure they will fix these wheel issues.

I have got one since I posted about it. I delete them and can't find one to post. After the season ended, they did show races, but not current. Then it was just a blank email about Risnky.... I think it might be GTPlanet just doing it. I'll post one if I get another one.

FYI: 12hr. @ Sebring is on today on USA channel.
Here's a link to the IMSA schedule:
I'm not sure exactly sure what you mean by this aways. I'm the one who sent out notifications for our races. The site will notify you of of likes quotes, and replies to posts. And if someone tags your name in a post. You can also watch for notifications on specific forums. There is an option to notifications sent to you emails.

Nobody in the US wanted your rig? I know Infineon was still playing GTS. I tried to invite him to our races but, he never responds here or on PSN. I wanted have him at least join our last race.

I will probably start out with some one off endurance races to test out stuff for bigger events. Some ideas are forming but, I will wait until PDI fixes up the game more.

I doesn't seem this game was fully ready for release. I think Sony forced them to release it before the game was ready. There's a lot on their to do list. They just had to shutdown the game for 30 hours to fix an issue they said would have became major problem later. I'm sure they will fix these wheel issues.

I just put it in a corner and forgot about honestly. As my kids started to take up the majority of my life I never really gave my rig much thought anymore. I don't think I even turned on my Playstation for a year or so unless the kids turned it on by accident.

As of right now I'm not enjoying GT7. I think it's shameful what they doing to this franchise. You've always had to grind for credits but not to this level of insanity. A car that cost 1.3 mill in sport should not be 18 mill in GT7 or $180 usd. So many cars are locked behind some kind of wall we can't access and when they do come available for a short period of time the prices are just staggering to afford. Online lobbies are so glitchy that it's not even worth the effort to race in them. But that's just my opinion.

I just put it in a corner and forgot about honestly. As my kids started to take up the majority of my life I never really gave my rig much thought anymore. I don't think I even turned on my Playstation for a year or so unless the kids turned it on by accident.

As of right now I'm not enjoying GT7. I think it's shameful what they doing to this franchise. You've always had to grind for credits but not to this level of insanity. A car that cost 1.3 mill in sport should not be 18 mill in GT7 or $180 usd. So many cars are locked behind some kind of wall we can't access and when they do come available for a short period of time the prices are just staggering to afford. Online lobbies are so glitchy that it's not even worth the effort to race in them. But that's just my opinion.
I'm thinking their bankers Sony wanted the game out. They probably should have pushed release back another year. Unfortunately PDI is the one who's going to take the publicity hit for this. Kaz has stated there more stuff coming in future that will make earning the more expensive cars easier.

I could not agree more, GT7 kinda sucks and is a huge disappointment to date.

I'm thinking their bankers Sony wanted the game out. They probably should have pushed release back another year. Unfortunately PDI is the one who's going to take the publicity hit for this. Kaz has stated there more stuff coming in future that will make earning the more expensive cars easier.
Really??? Kaz said, huh?? They also reduced the payouts of some races because Polyphony felt they paid too well, sounds to me like they are going to do the exact opposite because they already have.

Really??? Kaz said, huh?? They also reduced the payouts of some races because Polyphony felt they paid too well, sounds to me like they are going to do the exact opposite because they already have.
They claimed they don't want players grinding away at the same few events over and over. Of which if their is any truth to that. Then I agree since I've never been one who grind away at the race over and over again. I will usually jump around to different events. Even if one doesn't pay as another. Plus for the record. They did increase pay out some events too.

Last edited:
They claimed they don't want players grinding away at the same few events over and over. Of which if their is any truth to that. Then I agree since I've never been one who grind away at the race over and over again. I will usually jump around to different events. Even if one doesn't pay as another. Plus for the record. They did increase pay out some events too.
Regardless, the way that the economy is in the game if you don't want to spend real cash you must do the same highest paying race over and over. That is the very definition of grinding. Kaz and Polyphony do not get to decide how end users will play the game, that choice is up to the end user.

Regardless, the way that the economy is in the game if you don't want to spend real cash you must do the same highest paying race over and over. That is the very definition of grinding. Kaz and Polyphony do not get to decide how end users will play the game, that choice is up to the end user.
Yeah they don't seem to realize players are just going to go found the new high paying. And race that one over and over instead. They would have to thoroughly go through each event. And make sure they payout the exact same amount over same specific period of time in order to prevent that from happening.

I just hope they aren't lying about add better paying events later. Otherwise it's not going to look good for them.

Yeah they don't seem to realize players are just going to go found the new high paying. And race that one over and over instead. They would have to thoroughly go through each event. And make sure they payout the exact same amount over same specific period of time in order to prevent that from happening.

I just hope they aren't lying about add better paying events later. Otherwise it's not going to look good for them.
The only way to make races all equal would be to figure out credits earned vs time spent earning those credits. If that were all equal then people would grind races in which the car they used was their favorite to drive, like the ZL Camaro. Grinding is really the onlycway to earn credits to buy cats. I'm sure at so.e point we will be at the same place on GT7 that we were on with GTS. Whenever I hit 20 million I would buy a unicorn just so I could earn more credits, I have had all of the cars in GTS for a few years now.

Last edited:
The only way to make races all equal would be to figure out credits earned vs time spent earning those credits. If that were all equal then people would grind races in which the car they used was their favorite to drive, like the ZL Camaro. Grinding is really the onlycway to earn credits to buy cats. I'm sure at so.e point we will be at the same place on GT7 that we were on with GTS. Whenever I hit 20 million I would buy a unicorn just so I could earn more credits, I have had all of the cars in GTS for a few years now.
Earn credits to buy cats. What are you shopping for pure breeds. I don't reverse microtransactions are allowed.

The Camaro ZL1 bet the C6 Corvette ZR1 lap time at the Nurburgring. Bought the Mustang GT350R and Charger Hellcat for comparison. The Mustang is decent the suspension could be better. Ford is getting a lot better with their brakes. The Charger is still pretty much garbage.

Last edited:
Earn credits to buy cats. What are you shopping for pure breeds. I don't reverse microtransactions are allowed.

The Camaro ZL1 bet the C6 Corvette ZR1 lap time at the Nurburgring. Bought the Mustang GT350R and Charger Hellcat for comparison. The Mustang is decent the suspension could be better. Ford is getting a lot better with their brakes. The Charger is still pretty much garbage.
Cats, always more cats. My wife and I saw a mountain lion standing on the side of the road next to the marsh right by our house one night, I think I'm going carry a slice of bacon with me in case I see him again, here kitty, kitty, kitty. I will need a lot of credits to feed him if he hops in my car.
I wouldn't expect the Charger to handle as well as the Camaro or Mustang, MOPARS thing is straight line racing not corners, they are the horsepower kings.
On a side note I was using my 2001 Porsche GT3 (I think) to run the Porsche cup, that's a tough championship to win with that car. I hate the road car Porsche handling, they are an accident looking for a place to happen, the back of the car always wants to pass the front due to the engine being behind the rear axle. I don't understand their popularity.

Last edited:

Oh 💩, I was wondering if there was a real a Rinsky🤔🙋🏼‍♂️ You sold me on GT7. I'm out, w/all the complaints from yous guys, I'm not interested in a P2P race sim😞 $180 for a freak'n car in a game😳🙄 This new "freemium" business model is bull💩 Sorry, I grew up with Pong and Atari with 1 button and a joystick. I did't have to buy a new tank to play Tank Battle. Then quarter machine's to $.050👉🏼😳WTF you mean $1.00🙄🤣 (👉🏼ThisFknOldGuyHere😆) This is an incredible experiment on the younger generations that don't know the value of a dollar😔

(Honestly IMO, $19.99 As Seen on TV crap has pillaged the country to the point they need to trick your kids to give the Devs money. Who came up with the idea that EVERYTHING should cost money🤬 "THEY"(🤷🏼‍♂️) are sucking every last dine from us until everyone is equally poor. Then they control you. Check out the movie Idiocracy, (Welcome to Walmart, We love you🤣🤣🤣) If you don't know where this "Click Gaming" is going Check it out. I have heard it will be the new economy, click on websites, to give them ad revenue to get a food pellet for breakfast.) Sorry to dogress🙄

$180 is my gas AND electric bill in the winter, whose got $180 to piss away on a video game car🙄 This kind of business model will eventually ruin gaming and take it back to buying the game. No one in this counrty will have a job that pays enough to "game" like that, it's not Vegas.🤣
I hope they can clean GT7 up and keep sim racing going. Gran Turismo is the "Gateway Drug" that hooked a lot of racers I have met, including me and all of you🍻🍻

Back