Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Cats, always more cats. My wife and I saw a mountain lion standing on the side of the road next to the marsh right by our house one night, I think I'm going carry a slice of bacon with me in case I see him again, here kitty, kitty, kitty. I will need a lot of credits to feed him if he hops in my car.
I wouldn't expect the Charger to handle as well as the Camaro or Mustang, MOPARS thing is straight line racing not corners, they are the horsepower kings.
On a side note I was using my 2001 Porsche GT3 (I think) to run the Porsche cup, that's a tough championship to win with that car. I hate the road car Porsche handling, they are an accident looking for a place to happen, the back of the car always wants to pass the front due to the engine being behind the rear axle. I don't understand their popularity.
I would love more cats but, unfortunately we shouldn't even have the one. As cute as they are. They not very effective at winning credits in video game races. Don't take your eyes off the mountain lion. It may want seconds.

Horsepower kings on paper maybe. I expect more from 707 hp and an 8 speed transmission. The ZL1 can keep up 650 hp and a 6 speed transmission. The kill off the Viper but, waste money building the Charger and Challenger for the same purpose. Oh wait I forgot the Charger has some extra seats.

I bought the both Porsche 996 and 997 GT3s and the 930 turbo from the used lot. Both GT3s were fine to me. They not going to beat the 991 GT3 without some tuning. That car was amazing in GTS. The 930 makes for a great drift car and transmission is garbage.

Oh 💩, I was wondering if there was a real a Rinsky🤔🙋🏼‍♂️ You sold me on GT7. I'm out, w/all the complaints from yous guys, I'm not interested in a P2P race sim😞 $180 for a freak'n car in a game😳🙄 This new "freemium" business model is bull💩 Sorry, I grew up with Pong and Atari with 1 button and a joystick. I did't have to buy a new tank to play Tank Battle. Then quarter machine's to $.050👉🏼😳WTF you mean $1.00🙄🤣 (👉🏼ThisFknOldGuyHere😆) This is an incredible experiment on the younger generations that don't know the value of a dollar😔

(Honestly IMO, $19.99 As Seen on TV crap has pillaged the country to the point they need to trick your kids to give the Devs money. Who came up with the idea that EVERYTHING should cost money🤬 "THEY"(🤷🏼‍♂️) are sucking every last dine from us until everyone is equally poor. Then they control you. Check out the movie Idiocracy, (Welcome to Walmart, We love you🤣🤣🤣) If you don't know where this "Click Gaming" is going Check it out. I have heard it will be the new economy, click on websites, to give them ad revenue to get a food pellet for breakfast.) Sorry to dogress🙄

$180 is my gas AND electric bill in the winter, whose got $180 to piss away on a video game car🙄 This kind of business model will eventually ruin gaming and take it back to buying the game. No one in this counrty will have a job that pays enough to "game" like that, it's not Vegas.🤣
I hope they can clean GT7 up and keep sim racing going. Gran Turismo is the "Gateway Drug" that hooked a lot of racers I have met, including me and all of you🍻🍻
Welcome to a world that can't afford to pay for video game testers anymore. Now days video games take so much time to make. That the corporations fronting the costs become too impatient and cheap to wait for testing to fully finish. So early players become free testers.

Just each car probably takes about a month to fully code. Once update that release Laguna Sega for GTS was finished. PDI probably switched GTS over to a skeleton crew to keep it running while everyone else worked on GT7.

GT5, GT6, and GTS were all junk at the start. And were slowly improved through multiple updates. I'm sure the game will be greatly improved in a few months. They'll want the online stuff working before the official championships starts.

As for the microtransactions. As long as I can still acquire cars through other means in game I don't really care. Any money other players pay goes back to improving the game farther.

Oh 💩, I was wondering if there was a real a Rinsky🤔🙋🏼‍♂️ You sold me on GT7. I'm out, w/all the complaints from yous guys, I'm not interested in a P2P race sim😞 $180 for a freak'n car in a game😳🙄 This new "freemium" business model is bull💩 Sorry, I grew up with Pong and Atari with 1 button and a joystick. I did't have to buy a new tank to play Tank Battle. Then quarter machine's to $.050👉🏼😳WTF you mean $1.00🙄🤣 (👉🏼ThisFknOldGuyHere😆) This is an incredible experiment on the younger generations that don't know the value of a dollar😔

(Honestly IMO, $19.99 As Seen on TV crap has pillaged the country to the point they need to trick your kids to give the Devs money. Who came up with the idea that EVERYTHING should cost money🤬 "THEY"(🤷🏼‍♂️) are sucking every last dine from us until everyone is equally poor. Then they control you. Check out the movie Idiocracy, (Welcome to Walmart, We love you🤣🤣🤣) If you don't know where this "Click Gaming" is going Check it out. I have heard it will be the new economy, click on websites, to give them ad revenue to get a food pellet for breakfast.) Sorry to dogress🙄

$180 is my gas AND electric bill in the winter, whose got $180 to piss away on a video game car🙄 This kind of business model will eventually ruin gaming and take it back to buying the game. No one in this counrty will have a job that pays enough to "game" like that, it's not Vegas.🤣
I hope they can clean GT7 up and keep sim racing going. Gran Turismo is the "Gateway Drug" that hooked a lot of racers I have met, including me and all of you🍻🍻
I was racing every weekend long before the original Gran Turismo was released. I bought the game for my kids but became a fan because the car fit my hobby and job.

I would love more cats but, unfortunately we shouldn't even have the one. As cute as they are. They not very effective at winning credits in video game races. Don't take your eyes off the mountain lion. It may want seconds.

Horsepower kings on paper maybe. I expect more from 707 hp and an 8 speed transmission. The ZL1 can keep up 650 hp and a 6 speed transmission. The kill off the Viper but, waste money building the Charger and Challenger for the same purpose. Oh wait I forgot the Charger has some extra seats.

I bought the both Porsche 996 and 997 GT3s and the 930 turbo from the used lot. Both GT3s were fine to me. They not going to beat the 991 GT3 without some tuning. That car was amazing in GTS. The 930 makes for a great drift car and transmission is garbage.
The Hellcat's and Demon's are the fastest MOPARs, at over 800HP it would be hard for anyone to admit that they are not the kings of horsepower. I know, the Bugatti has more power yet I have never seen one at the race track but I have seen plenty of Hellcats and Demons running low 8 second quarter mile times with OEM parts.

The Hellcat's and Demon's are the fastest MOPARs, at over 800HP it would be hard for anyone to admit that they are not the kings of horsepower. I know, the Bugatti has more power yet I have never seen one at the race track but I have seen plenty of Hellcats and Demons running low 8 second quarter mile times with OEM parts.
Still doesn't explain why Dodge needs both the Charger and Challenger to be built for drag racing. Seems dumb to compete against your own products. Fiat Chrysler isn't willing to build V10s for the Viper anymore. And they don't think anyone would buy a new Viper that's downgraded to V8. Okay then make Challenger into more of sports car and keep the Charger drag racing focused.

It's way finally making the Corvette into a mid engine car makes sense. With the top of line Camaro ZL1 being capable of beating the older Corvette generations. And the Corvette's main competition at home is dead. Build the Corvette to take on the European competition instead. The Corvette team actually bought a Ferrari 458 engine on eBay to deconstruct it. To learn how to build their engines for C8.

Still doesn't explain why Dodge needs both the Charger and Challenger to be built for drag racing. Seems dumb to compete against your own products. Fiat Chrysler isn't willing to build V10s for the Viper anymore. And they don't think anyone would buy a new Viper that's downgraded to V8. Okay then make Challenger into more of sports car and keep the Charger drag racing focused.

It's way finally making the Corvette into a mid engine car makes sense. With the top of line Camaro ZL1 being capable of beating the older Corvette generations. And the Corvette's main competition at home is dead. Build the Corvette to take on the European competition instead. The Corvette team actually bought a Ferrari 458 engine on eBay to deconstruct it. To learn how to build their engines for C8.
I'm sure that Chrysler has a reason for building 2 similar cars, I cannot speak for them. GM has done the exact same thing for years. Most Pontiacs, Chevy, Buick, and Oldsmibiles had an equivalent in the other GM lines. Malibu, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Skylark were all the same car available at the same time in all 4 lines. Caddy has pretty much always done their own thing. The Cimmeron was a "corporate" car as is the CTSV (Camaro with Caddy badges) GM also does it with their trucks but there are people who actually believe a GMC pick up has a truck frame while the Chevy truck has a car frame. The thinking heads at the top who earn far more than us are the ones who make the decisions on how to best market their cars.
As far as the C8 are you saying that Chevy is using something other than an LS engine in the C8? I don't pay attention to Corvette stuff, never really cared for them, but I find it hard to believe that they will step away from the LS platform anytime soon. It wasn't that long ago that Porsche and Ferrari asked to have the Vette slowed down so they all could remain competitive. I'm sure Chevrolt doesn't spend as much on racing as they used to but they they still have factory race teams employed in house even if they are not currently racing, I doubt there is much they will learn by inspecting a Ferarri other than gaining some knowledge on what the competition is doing.

Last edited:
I'm sure that Chrysler has a reason for building 2 similar cars, I cannot speak for them. GM has done the exact same thing for years. Most Pontiacs, Chevy, Buick, and Oldsmibiles had an equivalent in the other GM lines. Malibu, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Skylark were all the same car available at the same time in all 4 lines. Caddy has pretty much always done their own thing. The Cimmeron was a "corporate" car as is the CTSV (Camaro with Caddy badges) GM also does it with their trucks but there are people who actually believe a GMC pick up has a truck frame while the Chevy truck has a car frame. The thinking heads at the top who earn far more than us are the ones who make the decisions on how to best market their cars.
As far as the C8 are you saying that Chevy is using something other than an LS engine in the C8? I don't pay attention to Corvette stuff, never really cared for them, but I find it hard to believe that they will step away from the LS platform anytime soon. It wasn't that long ago that Porsche and Ferrari asked to have the Vette slowed down so they all could remain competitive. I'm sure Chevrolt doesn't spend as much on racing as they used to but they they still have factory race teams employed in house even if they are not currently racing, I doubt there is much they will learn by inspecting a Ferarri other than gaining some knowledge on what the competition is doing.
I'm well aware manufacturers reuse chassis for different models. And that's probably why Pontiac and Oldsmobile are died. That realization finally kicked in. Still don't understand why GM still need both Buick and Cadillac. Or why Ford needs both Lincoln and Mercury.

The Charger, Challenger, and Chrysler 300 all use the same chassis. The 300 is sold as the poor man's luxury car under a different badge. The question Charger and Challenger is they are both sold for almost the same purpose under the same badge. The only real difference is how many doors you want.

I think it's still labeled as a LS engine. From I got from the article I found. It sounds like Corvette wanted to learn how to build a more compact engine for the C8.

I'm well aware manufacturers reuse chassis for different models. And that's probably why Pontiac and Oldsmobile are died. That realization finally kicked in. Still don't understand why GM still need both Buick and Cadillac. Or why Ford needs both Lincoln and Mercury.

The Charger, Challenger, and Chrysler 300 all use the same chassis. The 300 is sold as the poor man's luxury car under a different badge. The question Charger and Challenger is they are both sold for almost the same purpose under the same badge. The only real difference is how many doors you want.

I think it's still labeled as a LS engine. From I got from the article I found. It sounds like Corvette wanted to learn how to build a more compact engine for the C8.
There is your answer right there, rather than having a 2 or 4 door Charger 1 model is a 2 door and the other a 4 door. Also never disregard brand loyalty, people can be very loyal if they find something they like about 1 particular brand.
A little tip if anyone has not discovered it yet but most are probably further a long in the game than me. Since so many menu book races can be wet races I found out that running Inter Wets is about the same as Sport Softs for both dry traction and perf point wise but the inters are better in the rain.

There is your answer right there, rather than having a 2 or 4 door Charger 1 model is a 2 door and the other a 4 door. Also never disregard brand loyalty, people can be very loyal if they find something they like about 1 particular brand.
A little tip if anyone has not discovered it yet but most are probably further a long in the game than me. Since so many menu book races can be wet races I found out that running Inter Wets is about the same as Sport Softs for both dry traction and perf point wise but the inters are better in the rain.
Would make more sense if they took out the rear seats for Challengers too. Both have 5 "cough 4.5" seats. So really it's a choice of how much difficulty do you want your extra passengers have getting in and out of the car.

The real world is all short distance straight lines. Keep your loyalty I respect results. When the Charger / Challenger Hellcats can beat the less powerful Camaro ZL1 at Nurburgring. I will start to be impressed.

I'm not super far maybe about ⅔ of the way through the books. My next book is collecting the Alfas. My favorite track is still a long way from me.

Last edited:
"...they're accidents looking for a place to happen." That made me laugh so hard! I don't care for Porsche much due to the design of the cars and the way they can be used to punt cars in corners using braking/liftoff oversteer as they "roll" through the center of the turn. More like roll through the car ahead. It happened a lot in 2018 or 2019 in multiple series and since then, I can't stand Porsche.

Good to see you active once again @Rinsky. I hope all is well on your end. It will be a pleasure to race with you given the chance. I do agree that online is terrible right now. Not only user etiquette but connectivity as well. I shared a replay called GTWS Rd. 2 Trash where I got doored or blocked/pushed wide by the same person over and over until I gave it back to him. If you watch until I get to the "Foxhole", you will see a flash of blue miss my bumper before he smashes the wall, ghosts and rage quits. If people can't take what they like to dish out, they need to change their menus.

Another race, I started P4, got pushed wide and passed, tried passing twice and second time I was sent off track so I fell back. Got a penalty for track limits and was slowed at penalty line going into the hairpin, right as I gain speed and hold the inside line, 7th or 8th comes up barely beside me, nudges me over, then cut blocks in the braking zone from the outside while I was in bumper cam leaving me blind and locked up...so I floored it into the back of him in return.

@fastone371 No, Thrustmaster T150. Are you talking about your internal driver setting or in game option settings? I set mine to 75% max to break it in then bumped it up to 100% in the driver settings eventually that way the in game settings are more noticeable. I bumped it up to Steering Sensitivity 5, FFB Strength 9, FFB Sensitivity 5 in the in game settings menu. No idea if the Steering Sensitivity applies to the DS4 only or if it applies to the wheel too but that is what works most of the time. Still really hard to judge over-correction on traction loss but its really easy to feel the effect of it coming on. Let the wheel move your hands when you slide a few times and eventually you will get the timing of when to counter-steer, when not to, when to lift off and how fast you do it all. The muscle memory from A.C.C. and G.T. Sport force feedback had me doing weird things on G.T. 7.

"...they're accidents looking for a place to happen." That made me laugh so hard! I don't care for Porsche much due to the design of the cars and the way they can be used to punt cars in corners using braking/liftoff oversteer as they "roll" through the center of the turn. More like roll through the car ahead. It happened a lot in 2018 or 2019 in multiple series and since then, I can't stand Porsche.

Good to see you active once again @Rinsky. I hope all is well on your end. It will be a pleasure to race with you given the chance. I do agree that online is terrible right now. Not only user etiquette but connectivity as well. I shared a replay called GTWS Rd. 2 Trash where I got doored or blocked/pushed wide by the same person over and over until I gave it back to him. If you watch until I get to the "Foxhole", you will see a flash of blue miss my bumper before he smashes the wall, ghosts and rage quits. If people can't take what they like to dish out, they need to change their menus.

Another race, I started P4, got pushed wide and passed, tried passing twice and second time I was sent off track so I fell back. Got a penalty for track limits and was slowed at penalty line going into the hairpin, right as I gain speed and hold the inside line, 7th or 8th comes up barely beside me, nudges me over, then cut blocks in the braking zone from the outside while I was in bumper cam leaving me blind and locked up...so I floored it into the back of him in return.

@fastone371 No, Thrustmaster T150. Are you talking about your internal driver setting or in game option settings? I set mine to 75% max to break it in then bumped it up to 100% in the driver settings eventually that way the in game settings are more noticeable. I bumped it up to Steering Sensitivity 5, FFB Strength 9, FFB Sensitivity 5 in the in game settings menu. No idea if the Steering Sensitivity applies to the DS4 only or if it applies to the wheel too but that is what works most of the time. Still really hard to judge over-correction on traction loss but its really easy to feel the effect of it coming on. Let the wheel move your hands when you slide a few times and eventually you will get the timing of when to counter-steer, when not to, when to lift off and how fast you do it all. The muscle memory from A.C.C. and G.T. Sport force feedback had me doing weird things on G.T. 7.
While I say admit the Porsche 911 is an awkward car to get use to driving. Do to it's use the RR drivetrain. Which is very rare in modern car world.

After my experience with Porsche from several different racing games. Porsche has become my favorite German manufacturer. For the reason I find the performance of their cars incredible. They are able to build sports cars that perform far better than what their specs would lead you to believe.

The 911 has been their flagship model since 1964 replacing the 356. While the 911 has gone many generations like any other long run production car. The 911 generations marked by in the in the parentheses not in numerical order (911, 930, 964, 993, 996, 997, 991, and the current 992).

Unlike many other long run models. The 911 generations don't tend to drastic changes. While many people complain and make fun them for the lack of change. It's really no that dumb. Instead of having to restart with a brand new car under that badge. They have spent the last 58 years slowing perfecting 911. Note the new 992s race cars replace the last gen 991s without much of issue. While the new Corvette C8R is still suffering from teething issues.

The Sport Mode racing etiquette isn't much different than was GTS at the end. I honestly haven't had too much of a problem on GT7 yet.

While I say admit the Porsche 911 is an awkward car to get use to driving. Do to it's use the RR drivetrain. Which is very rare in modern car world.

After my experience with Porsche from several different racing games. Porsche has become my favorite German manufacturer. For the reason I find the performance of their cars incredible. They are able to build sports cars that perform far better than what their specs would lead you to believe.

The 911 has been their flagship model since 1964 replacing the 356. While the 911 has gone many generations like any other long run production car. The 911 generations marked by in the in the parentheses not in numerical order (911, 930, 964, 993, 996, 997, 991, and the current 992).

Unlike many other long run models. The 911 generations don't tend to drastic changes. While many people complain and make fun them for the lack of change. It's really no that dumb. Instead of having to restart with a brand new car under that badge. They have spent the last 58 years slowing perfecting 911. Note the new 992s race cars replace the last gen 991s without much of issue. While the new Corvette C8R is still suffering from teething issues.

The Sport Mode racing etiquette isn't much different than was GTS at the end. I luckily haven't had too much of a problem with playees on GT7 online yet. I did have a problem with of not being able to share a relay I saved. Also all livery that I imported before the 1.07 / 1.08 updates had their all of decals deleted. The paint job is still there but, they are all blank now. So unfortunately I will have remake when feel like it.

Good luck with all your wheel issues. I can't be helpful with there. A big update is expected sometime in early April.

My FFB is incredibly muted on GT7 compared to GTS, I have tried several different in game and wheel settings and so far nothing seems to wake it up. I want to order a Fanatec F1 Podium, I suppose I shouldn't worry about the current state of FFB in GT7 because I'm not spending all that money on a wheel solely to use in GT7.

The Sport Mode racing etiquette isn't much different than was GTS at the end. I luckily haven't had too much of a problem with playees on GT7 online yet. I did have a problem with of not being able to share a relay I saved. Also all livery that I imported before the 1.07 / 1.08 updates had their all of decals deleted. The paint job is still there but, they are all blank now. So unfortunately I will have remake when feel like it.

Good luck with all your wheel issues. I can't be helpful with there. A big update is expected sometime in early April.
Anyone who thinks that Porsche are not awful cars just needs to do the mission with the Porsche 356 around Goodwood, I can't belive that such an undrivable car would even ever be offered to the public. I have to believe the game got that car wrong, if not HOLY SMOKES!!!! :D :D

Anyone who thinks that Porsche are not awful cars just needs to do the mission with the Porsche 356 around Goodwood, I can't belive that such an undrivable car would even ever be offered to the public. I have to believe the game got that car wrong, if not HOLY SMOKES!!!! :D :D
Which set of driving missions is that? I drove the 356 for the music rally. And thought the car was great.

Which set of driving missions is that? I drove the 356 for the music rally. And thought the car was great.
The way I count them it's second mission, first test. (Top row, second from left, then it's the very first mission of that group, 1 lap at Goodwood and you have to pass 3 cars in shortest time possible)

The way I count them it's second mission, first test. (Top row, second from left, then it's the very first mission of that group, 1 lap at Goodwood and you have to pass 3 cars in shortest time possible)
So second set first mission. Yeah I remember that one. I didn't find that one to hard. I got gold on that one in a few tries. You need more practice racing with underpowered vehicles. The one I had the problem with for that set. Was the rally where you have to pass the Raptor in the turns without hitting it. To be able to run down Stratos in time.

Last edited:
So second set first mission. Yeah I remember that one. I didn't find that one to hard. I got gold on that one in a few tries. You need more practice racing with underpowered vehicles. The one I had the problem with for that set. Was the rally where you have to pass the Raptor in the turns without hitting it. To be able to run down Stratos in time.
I think it has to do with the difference between using a wheel and a pad. I'm not sure if drifting is horribly implemented in the game or if it's just difficult with a wheel but I need to use a pad to have any chance at passing the drift challenges. It may also be the lag time between what you see on your screen and the time it takes to react, not sure, all I know is that drifting with a wheel is virtually impossible for me in game.

Agreed. Drifting takes made skill with a wheel. I find I can only manage the "basic" drifting which is coming into the corner at near normal entry speed, turning to the apex and then using horsepower to rotate the car on 40-50% throttle while turning. As soon as you get angle, counter-steer and modulate the throttle. I find the steering part easy when the car sits properly but the throttle is so touchy, the Gr. 3 Mustang Drift Mission was impossible for me, used DS4.

As for the full speed entry, "send it" style of drifting, I end up in the wall every time. Never been able to do it anyway.

@fastone371 Something else I heard about wheels with low Newton/Meter Forces are subject to high noise which results in heavy clipping of FFB inputs from the game. One thing I remember doing for Assetto Corsa Competizione and various dirt track/rally games was to go into driver settings on a computer and set the Master Output setting somewhere between 65%-75% maximum strength. I found that this worked and gave me more feedback response in most games I have played on the T150. The best setting I managed was 68% with all in-game settings at 100%. Adjust the Sensitivity accordingly. Haven't tried it on mine yet.

Un-mounted the wheel a few days ago when I kept getting booted after qualifying 3rd in the Manufacturer's Test Season. First race, got wrecked off in qualifying and in the race. Second and third races, got disconnected after qualifying with 2.02.02 qualifying times, about 3 seconds off Top Ten in OP cars. After that, I've lost confidence in the game. Figured I may try to start up a 125 Kart series but connectivity is trash so I'm not going to bother with the extra headaches.

Last edited:
I think it has to do with the difference between using a wheel and a pad. I'm not sure if drifting is horribly implemented in the game or if it's just difficult with a wheel but I need to use a pad to have any chance at passing the drift challenges. It may also be the lag time between what you see on your screen and the time it takes to react, not sure, all I know is that drifting with a wheel is virtually impossible for me in game.
Agreed. Drifting takes made skill with a wheel. I find I can only manage the "basic" drifting which is coming into the corner at near normal entry speed, turning to the apex and then using horsepower to rotate the car on 40-50% throttle while turning. As soon as you get angle, counter-steer and modulate the throttle. I find the steering part easy when the car sits properly but the throttle is so touchy, the Gr. 3 Mustang Drift Mission was impossible for me, used DS4.

As for the full speed entry, "send it" style of drifting, I end up in the wall every time. Never been able to do it anyway.

@fastone371 Something else I heard about wheels with low Newton/Meter Forces are subject to high noise which results in heavy clipping of FFB inputs from the game. One thing I remember doing for Assetto Corsa Competizione and various dirt track/rally games was to go into driver settings on a computer and set the Master Output setting somewhere between 65%-75% maximum strength. I found that this worked and gave me more feedback response in most games I have played on the T150. The best setting I managed was 68% with all in-game settings at 100%. Adjust the Sensitivity accordingly. Haven't tried it on mine yet.

Un-mounted the wheel a few days ago when I kept getting booted after qualifying 3rd in the Manufacturer's Test Season. First race, got wrecked off in qualifying and in the race. Second and third races, got disconnected after qualifying with 2.02.02 qualifying times, about 3 seconds off Top Ten in OP cars. After that, I've lost confidence in the game. Figured I may try to start up a 125 Kart series but connectivity is trash so I'm not going to bother with the extra headaches.
The pad. If you mean the D pad on the controller, I haven't used that for steering since halfway through GT4. I use the stick on the controller for steering. Much smoother and more accurate steering input that D pad. Cars aren't designed to have rapid on off steering input.

I'm not greatest at drifting either. It's not a form of motorsports I know very much about too begin with. So it doesn't help that I'm as green as you can be. But, I'm somehow better with sim drifting physics than arcade drifting physics.

@fastone371 Oh, and I mean I saw you time for the Fiat 500 mission. I'm not surprised After you would the 356 mission too. I hope you learned how to keep a good pace. After 2 hours race on GTS with the S660. You managed to run fast enough to keep me honest.

By the way @QTip8329Wags I was very impressed with what time you for the Fiat 500 mission. Are you well practiced with underpowered vehicles by any chance? I love uncovered car racing but, it's very unappreciated. Hard to find players who will race them.

I thought when you suffered clipping that you had at least some FFB but the wheel tried to apply so much torque that it went beyond capabilities and essentially cut out. With GTS I kept my Fanatec around 40-60 for force which is how "heavy" the wheel feels, not nearly as high as I could possibly run. Force Feedback settings are how much detail you would feel, that I always kept near 100% but never had any clipping with GTS. I also do not believe clipping is an issue with Fanatec as far as I know, it seems it would be strange to suddenly experience it in GT7. I can still make my wheel feel "heavy" in GT7 and it responds properly to adjustments with no clipping, its just that I feel very little detail like bumps, curbs, grass, etc which were all very noticeable in GTS. The one thing that is very noticeable in GT7 driving physics is how the car likes to take off sharply left or right if you don't have the weight nuetral side to side on the car which I find rather strange because I have never felt a road car or a performance car dart like this under heavy braking in the real world.

The pad. If you mean the D pad on the controller, I haven't used that for steering since halfway through GT4. I use the stick on the controller for steering. Much smoother and more accurate steering input that D pad. Cars aren't designed to have rapid on off steering input.

I'm not greatest at drifting either. It's not a form of motorsports I know very much about too begin with. So it doesn't help that I'm as green as you can be. But, I'm somehow better with sim drifting physics than arcade drifting physics.

@fastone371 Oh, and I mean I saw you time for the Fiat 500 mission. I'm not surprised After you would the 356 mission too. I hope you learned how to keep a good pace. After 2 hours race on GTS with the S660. You managed to run fast enough to keep me honest.

By the way @QTip8329Wags I was very impressed with what time you for the Fiat 500 mission. Are you well practiced with underpowered vehicles by any chance? I love uncovered car racing but, it's very unappreciated. Hard to find players who will race them.
By pad I am just referring to the PS4 DS4 regardless of using buttons, d-pad or sticks and the PS5 controller whatever it's name. Some day if I am lucky I will find a PS5 that I can actually buy.

@Cold Warrior Well, thank you sir. In GT Sport, I would down-tune most cars by at least one "N" class, two whenever possible. It makes the game much more challenging and requires more precision and consistency. I wouldn't say I am good at under-powered vehicles but I did learn a lot about carrying maximum speed.

@fastone371 Did not know that. I was under the impression that clipping is caused when there is too much information going into the wheel because the "heaviness" is too great. In WRC games and DiRT Rally 2.0, the T150 at stock driver settings would give little nudges of feedback but never the full feeling because the next bit of feedback starts and therefore clips the first bit of feedback making it incomplete. When you are doing 120KM through a stage, the feedback input gets clipped by the next so fast that its like the implication of feedback but not full feedback. Almost like the wheel is just vibrating or shuttering 30 times a second. I don't know about Fanatec specifically but the T150 Pro preforms better when the Master Output is set lower in the device driver settings.

P.S. Also, its a really good way to "break in" a new wheel without actually breaking it. Lots of people complained about wrecking and the wheel snapping to full lock to then break the plastic gear teeth inside. I figured it had something to do with the tension-band so I kept my wheel below 75% output for almost a year. Now I can use it at 100% without worrying about that because I stretched out the band for 100,000KM+

A bit off topic for this board but do either of you happen to play Assetto Corsa Competizione? I am considering going back to that for a while as Gran Turismo 7 gets fixed over the next year or so.
PDI just a bunch more fixes with the update Wednesday night. Along with adding new events, increasing some payouts, and Increasing both the used and legend stock. Go through all the circuit experiences you completed. You'll earn an additional payout. I earned enough buy to invitational cars I had invitations for.

My brother plays one of Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2. I haven't really had the time to get into another racing sim.

I highly recommend giving Wreckfest a try. Really really fun arcade sim racer. Both aggressive grassroots style racing and demolition derbies. A lot rebadged classic American, European, and a few Japanese cars. Oh and some creative extras including harvesters, bus, big trucks, a lawnmower, and a driveable Sofa. There also online multiplayer and a tournament with rotating challenges to earn some extra vehicles. I quickly bought all the dlc after I started playing. Only warning is I'm aware doesn't run well with wheels. You'll have use a controller like us pour people.

Already checked it out and other than the payouts and jump physics, nothing has really changed. Still can't sell duplicate cars either and the custom races/Sport Mode payouts didn't receive any noticeable boost although it's been claimed that they were "adjusted".

A.C.C. is quickly becoming one of the top simulators around the world outside of iRacing. There is a new website created by professional racing drivers and teams that focuses solely on that single game. worldsimseries.com

I never felt that the old Gran Turismo games were "car collection" games. GT7 feels like that is all it is when playing solo and online play is so bad right now, connectivity and etiquette, that I am starting to lose faith in the "new generation" of the series that Mr. Yamaguchi referred to when releasing Gran Turismo Sport. Then, I had hope to see what it would become. Now, I have seen what Sony wants it changed in to...micro-transaction based, online multiplayer toxicity, no offline support what-so-ever and extremely limited campaign play. The games get smaller as the want for profit margins and secondary purchases through micro-transactions is increased through parent company pressure.

The promise of free update content worked in GT Sport before micro-transactions were snuck in for people who wanted to purchase a certain car for a few dollars. Now, the free update content seems like a hook for fish to bite on to until the day they pay a bit more money for more polygons in a game they have already paid once for. I would rather pay for the DLC as it came out than be put behind a "grind" wall in favor of micro-transactions. To be honest though, with everything going on in the world right now, the continued monetization of the average gamer is petty in comparison and often over-looked. Even the huge programming boycotts due to unpaid overtime went largely un-noticed because people just want what they want right when they want it and rarely take a moral high-ground to stand up against it. Instead, it's internet hate messages on social media and very limited organization towards a common goal.

This is my opinion, not definite fact, but as an observer and consumer, this is how I have seen it play out over the past 5 or so years and it won't get better.

Already checked it out and other than the payouts and jump physics, nothing has really changed. Still can't sell duplicate cars either and the custom races/Sport Mode payouts didn't receive any noticeable boost although it's been claimed that they were "adjusted".

A.C.C. is quickly becoming one of the top simulators around the world outside of iRacing. There is a new website created by professional racing drivers and teams that focuses solely on that single game. worldsimseries.com

I never felt that the old Gran Turismo games were "car collection" games. GT7 feels like that is all it is when playing solo and online play is so bad right now, connectivity and etiquette, that I am starting to lose faith in the "new generation" of the series that Mr. Yamaguchi referred to when releasing Gran Turismo Sport. Then, I had hope to see what it would become. Now, I have seen what Sony wants it changed in to...micro-transaction based, online multiplayer toxicity, no offline support what-so-ever and extremely limited campaign play. The games get smaller as the want for profit margins and secondary purchases through micro-transactions is increased through parent company pressure.

The promise of free update content worked in GT Sport before micro-transactions were snuck in for people who wanted to purchase a certain car for a few dollars. Now, the free update content seems like a hook for fish to bite on to until the day they pay a bit more money for more polygons in a game they have already paid once for. I would rather pay for the DLC as it came out than be put behind a "grind" wall in favor of micro-transactions. To be honest though, with everything going on in the world right now, the continued monetization of the average gamer is petty in comparison and often over-looked. Even the huge programming boycotts due to unpaid overtime went largely un-noticed because people just want what they want right when they want it and rarely take a moral high-ground to stand up against it. Instead, it's internet hate messages on social media and very limited organization towards a common goal.

This is my opinion, not definite fact, but as an observer and consumer, this is how I have seen it play out over the past 5 or so years and it won't get better.
As someone who doesn't have a lot of money to throw around. For how often PDI updates their Gran Turismo games since GT6. I would never able to afford to keep up the game.

I'm a patient person and I like car collecting. I had at least one of each car in GTS. And being able to try different cars of any performance. So as long as can acquire all the cars in game somehow. The micro-transactions don't really bother me. Having another car to buy gives me another goal. When I finally bought the last car in GTS. It was somewhat depressing because my collection quest was officially done. If people are to impatient to buy everything the in game. They can help pay to keep PDI running with the micro-transactions. I'm sure the track and manufacturer licensing ain't cheap.

P.S. Play Wreckfest.

Hey guys no Happy Birthdays Yesterday (7/25).

Anyway I wanted to ask everyone but, particularly the wheel users. What's the longest you feel you could drive in one session as a single driver.

With the return of time and weather to Gran Turismo 7. I would like to host condensed 24 hour races. But, more I conden the race. The faster weather systems will move. For example a 24 hour race cut into 2 hours would require a change x12. This would every 5 minutes in race would be 1 hour in game. The rapid time change can be especially problematic for the longer race tracks. Where are can't respond to rapid weather changes.

I've been made aware that files for a B-Spec are in the game code. However until it's added to the game. And if available for use in lobbies. Every race is a single driver event. So far now. How long is to long?

Latest Posts

Back