RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Thank god. How are the other Ferrari and Lamborghini cars? Badly damaged?

Not tested them yet. I can only assume they've all gotten more oversteery like everything else, which means the Lamborghini's should be fine but the Ferrari's will need looking at.

hey Roj, I can try to help you out. I could see which cars I have with your tunes, then test them and tell how they react, so you could tell which cars needs adjustments. Just tell me if that's a good idea.

Think i've got the review bug at the moment. Shouldn't be up this late! :sly:

What's your poison? Civic Type R '08 by Roj

Pre Tune

I've had this car loitering around in my garage for months and have yet to fire up its engine in anger at any stage. Its elder relative, the EK has become a firm favorite and it is with great expectations that this car will become the same. As something of a rare beast around my local city, I decided enough was enough, time I spent some hard earned credits. Opting for the closest paint scheme I could manufacture, Deep Forest, like the voice of a siren, began its alluring song.

The first thing that struck me upon first launch is the sheer power this thing produces. After a cheeky oil change, it bordered 406BHP, a massive figure for a front wheeled car. The acceleration is frightening and more often than not I would bounce off the rev limiter, V-Tec engine screaming as it enters the final corner and rockets off down the pit will. However, it was not all positive, for such a massive figure there is ultimately a price. Getting the power down became a menacing issue, more so even through even the slightest peak or trough. Shifting too early caused a sharp loss in RPM. The wheels would revolve, as if attempting to gleam any grip and traction from the tarmac beneath.

Nevertheless, the brakes felt sturdy, the apex coming and going in a fluid, controlled motion. Downhill, under immense pressures, they would work away ceaselessly. Being over zealous in the build up however, was an entirely different and relentless affair. Brake too late and you may well end up alongside David Attenborough watching the wildlife. Catch it just right and the car would ease in one swift motion, in a sweeping, gliding arc.

One major gripe was the soft, sloppy suspension that at times led to some intriguing understeer. Sure it handled well, but the balance just was not in the slightest bit harmonious. Lap after lap, it would sway, like a cruise liner. The car felt fairly good all in all, but the fun factor I had expected, like in that of its precursors was instead replaced by a wild, raging machine.

Post Tune

First impressions, as with everything, usually make a big difference, I felt like I needed to like this car. As the red led's sharply illuminated the digital speedometer, that shock of initial acceleration had not diminished. The first few corners, warming the tires, became highly entertaining. Commencing the lap, hard on the brakes conjured heavy veering understeer towards the grassy verge. It took me a few laps to master this corner, it would turn remarkably well, it was all in the entry speed and braking points. Finding consistency was key and too often I would overshoot whilst braking late and end up coasting.

The limits of this well tuned machine could be easily gotten at, through the high tolerance bends, the rubber would squeal if given too rough a handling. The fact that the transmission had been worked on, it seemed, in depth, led to a much lengthier 1st and 2nd gears. In turn, this provided a better turning radius through many of the circuits tunnels a sharp twists. As with the 500, the slamming of the shocks provided the more firmer, sporty feel, with much less roll. The amalgamation of these two features provided a well rounded foundation upon which the power could be managed and made use of where applicable.

The fun factor of this car grew on me considerably the more I drove it, with more burning smoke produced than an nineteenth century factory. Irregardless, no car is every truly perfect, if there was one downside to the car, it was getting the monstrous quantity of power onto the surface beneath. This is the only minor niggle I could find and whilst not as bad as before it had not been completely demolished. Perhaps the track amplified this issue somewhat, maybe even, this issue occurs in other vehicles however its power is something I felt worthwhile scrutinizing. Its all well and good having some much power, but if you can't put it to good use there isn't much point in having it to begin with.

To conclude, a well rounded 400BHP sports car with a terrific road handling and a fun factor to match. It corners like a dream at high speeds, sticking like glue. From the individual gear ratios, even to the cars looks, there is not a single item that hasn't been apprehended, worked at and fundamentally improved. Its cheap price means its not as expensive as the cars its designed to compete alongside. In terms of raw pace I was able to take around just under a second from my laptimes with this tune, producing a personal best of 1:22:xxx. Even those new to the game would not go wrong trying out this car.

Last edited:
Hmm…speaking of cars that have been Spec II cleared, I shall be deeply saddened if the Deathscythe and the CT230RR cannot be revived :(

Onboy123
I just noticed you did the godawful R35 Sneezy as well…Any better than the stock one?

That enduro R35 is definitely an improvement. It's pretty overweight so it benefits from the extra power, and it does actually go round corners surprisingly well :D it's on share too, if you'd rather not buy your own...

Dragonthing your GT-R tune is amazing. I wanted for this to be the first car I drove in Spec II and when I realized that RKM had tune for it, I immediately put the settings on. This car is amazing, it sounds great, accelerates extremely fast, and is easy to drive. There is the predictable understeer that any R35 outside of a super GT car has. The understeer isn't bad and this was a surprisingly enjoyable car to drive. Not lifeless like a stock R35 GT-R but still is faster than expected. I drove it on RM tires because that's what I'll likely be driving it on most the time, because RS tires are overkill and SS tires don't really match the looks of the car. Anyway, good job on the tune!

I certainly hope so, I'm a Lambo fanatic. :D I guess I'll try tomorrow too.

All I really care for are the Italian tunes and some other cars that shall remain nameless, but will be named by the following picture that I want to see tuned one day.

et5pxe.jpg

That enduro R35 is definitely an improvement. It's pretty overweight so it benefits from the extra power, and it does actually go round corners surprisingly well :D it's on share too, if you'd rather not buy your own...
You read me like a book. I was just about to ask you to put it on share. :D I have a R35 already, a G.T.R props car, and that's already one too many for my liking. :yuck:

Is the drivetrain of RKM Motorsport's GT-R N24-850 Fanboi Express really 4wheel drive? I did not see the drivetrain but when i drove it the car seems to be a mr or fr to me

cj10
Is the drivetrain of RKM Motorsport's GT-R N24-850 Fanboi Express really 4wheel drive? I did not see the drivetrain but when i drove it the car seems to be a mr or fr to me

It's listed as 4WD in game, but it doesn't have an adjustable center diff available. One can only assume it is around a 20/80 FR split, given the way it handles

Unless Sapphire's (do you mind if I call you by your first name?) tune is extreme anti-oversteer, It's 4WD. If it was FR I would've been able to tell most likely. It also has the typical 4WD understeer, but you may not have noticed because the tune is amazing. :drool:
EDIT: I got beat to it.

GTTurtle
Unless Sapphire's (do you mind if I call you by your first name?) tune is extreme anti-oversteer, It's 4WD. If it was FR I would've been able to tell most likely. It also has the typical 4WD understeer, but you may not have noticed because the tune is amazing. :drool:
EDIT: I got beat to it.

Sure you can! I wouldn't have told anyone my name if I didn't want people to use it :D

And as for my tune, it is actually partly anti-oversteer...if you chuck it into corners it still likes to slide a little bit though, just to try and give it character :sly: and I'm glad everyone likes it! :D

Good, I prefer to call people by their real names if I know and they don't mind.

I got some oversteer when I really pushed it hard but it was easily corrected. I think the only problem I had was because of my late-brake driving style. I ran into the S-turn at Nurburgrin GP/D thanks to my late-braking shenanigans. You should be proud of that tune, you turned a lifeless car into something special.

GTTurtle
Good, I prefer to call people by their real names if I know and they don't mind.

I got some oversteer when I really pushed it hard but it was easily corrected. I think the only problem I had was because of my late-brake driving style. I ran into the S-turn at Nurburgrin GP/D thanks to my late-braking shenanigans. You should be proud of that tune, you turned a lifeless car into something special.

Unfortunately it's even less forgiving when you crank up the brakes more...and I think I'm going to print that last part out and hang it on my wall :dopey:

Well, I've driven the R35 Sneezy Fanboi Express, and…I don't know, really. It's mixed emotions in this car. I like it in the respect that it is genuinely, mindbending-ly fast. I mean, it's not exactly unexpected, having 800hp under that bloody ugly snout of its, but it does control it with all the GTR-esque grace the R35 should have had in the first place. But at the same time, I still hate it, it still has a slight remoteness to it. It just doesn't seem to do fun like I want it to. It's either slightly short shift into the next gear to keep it stable or let the 800hp dictate the direction of travel with a trail of smoke behind. The former makes it a R35, which is the worse sin any car could commit, the latter slows you down. It's not the tune, in fact, it's the tune that saves it from me pummeling it into a million bits. It's just…too much R35, not enough racecar. So yea, good try, car is immensely better than any R35, and I might be ready to say that I like it, but I still feel the urge to do a very quick lap, and then get out into something less R35-ish.[/rant]

And besides, my CT230R still kicks this R35's arse to hell and back on the TGTT by being 2 seconds faster. By the way, make first gear longer. Not too long that it bogs, but not so short that you may as well start in second.

*breathe*

Back