RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I kinda like the sound of that, as much as I loathe racing cars when driving online...unfortunately due to some ignorant 🤬 from work, I'm not exactly in a happy mood, but I feel like chilling out and racing

Cool, don't worrry, we have a habit of making people happy - kinda the opposite of me on GTP!!!!!

If you want to pop in lobby now to chill out feel free, it helped GT350gt as we were able to explain the different styles of racing, when we're on the most, what cars were best for him in what series / night etc etc etc

It's pretty busy on a race night so I don't always have loads of time to spend answering qustions, plus we have a rule that people need to come prepared. Even if you don't fancy coming to lobby just send me a message with any questions about cars etc

I'm the same, I hate racing tyres, but the series has to be what the regular members want, not me.

I get my 'fix' from the 530pp road cars, that keeps me happy plus everynow and then if (or when) I got time I'll (usually Friday / Saturday) do an open lobby with those regs and sometimes it turns out pretty good.

I also know some cool guys who are the same - clean racers only, sports tyres, their lobbies are very cool, I can put you in touch with them if you want :D

👍

H

I've set up a quick Golf RM that may be fast round the tight circuits, but anything like Fuji, and I'm screwed haha!

I used the RKM setup for the RM Golf at Suzuka and Spa - it was VERY fast and extremely competitive overall in this series 👍

But remember about those front tyres, start off like a bat out of hell you'll pay the price final lap or two.

This is a fundamental problem with all FWD car in this series, they run of into the distance first half of race, then 2nd half, they hit a "wall" i.e. front tyres are kaput and they're loosing maybe 1-3 secs a lap depending on circuit.

Also, the lack of grip means the chances of making a mistake and crashing or spinning are greatly increased - so you have to hold your nerve and tip-toe to the finish on some tracks.

If you want to pop in and watch a few races Roj you're welcome, we have guys come in to watch anyway, it's not a problem. The only time it's an issue is when the lobby is full (usually around peak evening time) and guys are messaging that they're queuing to get in, then we kick any randomns / gatecrashers or ask the watchers to make way for the racers.

:D
Of course racing in itself is enjoyable, but constant losses depresses me regardless of how much fun I'm having. :lol:

And I know, it's just being able to spend more than 10 minutes on GT5 that's the problem at the moment. :lol:
Overall a curious little tune. Cannot say I will drive it to bits or that it will need an engine rebuild in my hands any time soon but a worthy enrichment to the game nevertheless 👍
Thanks for the review! 👍 The Insight is geared quite high but it's not too high. It's just so it won't bounce off the rev limiter when you're going down a huge straight. Otherwise, glad you like it!
Roj, I have two give some little feedback in three cars.

Enzo GT : Y U NO TURN MORE EASILY ? Even on RS it doesn't help... maybe it's Spec II (I hope :lol:)
Celica ST205 (Rally Car) : I didn't like the tune for this (atleast in Spec II), car doesn't seem alive, it feels like a box with wheels. But it got better than the stock one.
R34 Black Edition : Car feels a beast, quite hard to dominate, but it gives you tons of fun, even did block an R8 LMS on the outside on the 1st corner of the Nordschleife, Initial D style hahaha

And I could be invited to those online races ! :lol:

It never turned easily. It's the Enzo's natural flaws kicking in. I've not driven it in Spec 2 so I'm not sure if it got better or worse.

Well the Celica isn't the most alive car to begin with. :P

And yeah, the R34 does well without being maxed.

Of course racing in itself is enjoyable, but constant losses depresses me regardless of how much fun I'm having. :lol:

And I know, it's just being able to spend more than 10 minutes on GT5 that's the problem at the moment. :lol:

Ok, no worries - invite will always be open to you, I won't 'hassle' you anymore about it.

Hope you get that buzz back soon 👍

H

I thought you guys shut down lol. couldnt find you on the first page.

Is it possible that you guys can help me with the gear tune for a certain car? Its a Ford gt lm spec II race car.
I have the rest of the car tuned but not the ratios and guides don't help as i will forever be gear ratio challenged.

Also. DragonThing. my friend has been begging for the Citroen GT race car tune.

Blaze_409
I thought you guys shut down lol. couldnt find you on the first page.

Is it possible that you guys can help me with the gear tune for a certain car? Its a Ford gt lm spec II race car.
I have the rest of the car tuned but not the ratios and guides don't help as i will forever be gear ratio challenged.

Also. DragonThing. my friend has been begging for the Citroen GT race car tune.

We are still here! Waiting on DLC or something else shiny to tune up :D

Now, I think I can help with your gears. If you can wait until tonight that is, I'm starting an 8 hour shift in 10 minutes :irked: and as for the Citroën GT Race car...for some reason I am certain I uploaded it a while back.

Dragonthing

Now, I think I can help with your gears. If you can wait until tonight that is, I'm starting an 8 hour shift in 10 minutes :irked: and as for the Citroën GT Race car...for some reason I am certain I uploaded it a while back.

There are still a bunch of DLC you guys don't have tunes up for.

GT5_Honda_Guy
There are still a bunch of DLC you guys don't have tunes up for.

If I'm honest, I don't want to do the R32 and R35. The N24 setup is good enough for the R35 TC, and the R32 has...uncomfortable handling

Found the Citroen GT tune :dunce:....

Thanks for the gear help!

The RX-7 is the only DLC Car I use. I haven't bothered with the GT-Rs,I dislike the Impreza and I can't be bothered to try any of the others.

Dragonthing
If I'm honest, I don't want to do the R32 and R35. The N24 setup is good enough for the R35 TC, and the R32 has...uncomfortable handling

Fair enough. :)

BTW - you guys are awesome! If I had more time I would review 20+ of your tunes. I use your garage and only your garage for my tunes

Your CrimsonR was featured in this volume of Best Motoring.

did anyone else think they saw a Dominoes delivery car at 32 seconds in...
Nice video

Looks like im going to need a little more help than I thought on the gear DragonThing....I just got Performance adjusted minus 30 hp for being too good lol......but really.

Last edited:
Just letting you guys know I've been using almost all your tunes since not long after gt5's release and I really believe you're the best tuners, keep it up. I find myself using less potent cars online a lot since your cars are so good, to keep even with the competition (though still tuned by you). It's fun using an srt8 against m3's, s2000's, LFA's, NSX's, and winning by a large margin 👍

Great vid,

Crimson R was tuned on Comfort Softs tho so if it was running on those tires that even more impressive.

Unless the S2000 was aswell but I can't find it using my iPhone :/

Great vid,

Crimson R was tuned on Comfort Softs tho so if it was running on those tires that even more impressive.

Unless the S2000 was aswell but I can't find it using my iPhone :/

The S2000 is tuned for sports mediums. Not sure what tyres were used during the race though, but judging by how the Crimson R drove, they were probably all running sports softs.

Just had a couple of questions for you guys/girl. I was wondering if you were any closer to releasing the Imprezza TC tune. I have been dieing to see what it can do in your capable hands. I know that the R35 isn't a favourite here but I loved how your N24 tune worked on the R35TC, so much so that I havent even tried putting another tune on it. Also the R34TC is a beast with your tune, I really should do a review of it.

RJ I was wondering if you ever got the DLC. I know you are taking as break from tuning at the moment but I was really looking forward to you RX7 TC tune. Seeing as the RX-7 R400 is your baby, I cant wait to see what you can do with your neice/nephew.

Take care guys, and I hope your enjoying your little break from GT5

o_RED_NECK_o
Just had a couple of questions for you guys/girl. I was wondering if you were any closer to releasing the Imprezza TC tune. I have been dieing to see what it can do in your capable hands. I know that the R35 isn't a favourite here but I loved how your N24 tune worked on the R35TC, so much so that I havent even tried putting another tune on it. Also the R34TC is a beast with your tune, I really should do a review of it.

RJ I was wondering if you ever got the DLC. I know you are taking as break from tuning at the moment but I was really looking forward to you RX7 TC tune. Seeing as the RX-7 R400 is your baby, I cant wait to see what you can do with your neice/nephew.

Take care guys, and I hope your enjoying your little break from GT5

I shall try to get my Impreza TC up tonight or tomorrow :D I finished it a while ago, but was planning to release it with the other two...I shall hopefully get my R35 Troll Edition up too :sly: and I might even try and iron out the R32 as well!

Oh, and get that R34 reviewed! I love it so much

hi, im new here and my english its not very good but i can try to do my best.... i have a question, the tuning setting in pag 1 can i used in GT5? or its for GT5prologue? I had problems with these tuning... i used the same cars but the transmision are differents.

Hello everyone, I'm Achyllis a.k.a. Matrix931 a.k.a. About20Dolphins. Long time stalker, first time poster. And what better kind of post than a review for one of Roj's first tunes for GT5 - The SledgeHammer.

I will admit, I am certainly not a driving god in GT5, but feedback is feedback I suppose. I haven't touched the game for a couple months due to my main PS3 getting the yellow light of death for a third time, and then I go and break a ribbon cable lock under the optical drive when I go to repair it. Le sigh...

Anyways, getting back to the matter at hand. THIS CAR. I bought the car and upgraded it to RKM spec, but I didn't apply the updated settings, to see just how much of an improvement they would make to an already great car.

I went for a go at the Japanese 80's Championship, on the Autumn Ring circuit. With The Beatles blaring through my '80s stereo (that I'm hoping was manufactured by Onkyo), I had a reasonable grouping of times, ranging between 1:27.631 and 1:34.xxx. Overall, the ride was quite nice, but I knew there were some areas that needed improvement. That's where your expertise comes in, right on cue.

Pre-Adjustments

Acceleration: It's there, 'nuff said. However, if you're one of those drivers (such as myself) who like going all out throttle coming out of a corner, you're more than likely gonna see your rear end, or possibly not, with that smokescreen you threw up ahead of time. How smart of you!
With the standard settings you are required to finesse the throttle, and to me, that's fine. It's helping me become a better game driver.

Braking: Another area that is good in its own right, but sure could use improvement. The brakes on this car can be suited to any type of driver, whether you brake early or late, unless you're TOO late. Generally a wall is your fate and walls are apparently indestructible in the world of GT5. Good luck getting out of that one.

Turning: I was able to make reasonably clean turns under both braking and slight acceleration, but like I stated above, you better be nice to it, or the car will send you slideways.

Now, after the RKM treatment.

Believe me, I was looking forward to this after realizing just how much could be improved upon.

Again, my mix-CD consisting of The Beatles and Led Zeppelin played. I had optimistic feelings about this go-around. True to my conscience, it was a major improvement. Mid-range pickup improved significantly, and the slightly sloppy braking was addressed with a small adjustment to electronics. The overall drive-ability benefitted immensely, and I was much happier to drive the car.

There were... A few more DERPs throughout the run than I'd care to admit, but every time, the machine would bail me out, and somehow every lap got faster. Eventually I had a fast lap of 1:26.489 and my slow lap was in the 1:29.xxx range. You can bet I was more than pleased. With some more practice behind the wheel-I mean, controller, along with fine-tuning the car to my style, I may improve that time by even more.

In conclusion, I think one word that sums this tune up would be EPIC. The change from stock settings to final result was more than amazing. It was EPIC.

Hope you (Roj) and RJ are making the most of your off-time from the game, you guys (and Dragonthing :D) really are godsends for everyone in the tuning department. I hope I get as much out of the game as you guys have :sob:

P.S.: Hope I got that word engrained in your mind, seeing as how it's worked in real life so far.

EPIC

P.P.S: Stay warm this time of year, everyone! Enjoy your holiday!

P.P.P.S.: IF this is worthy of a tune, I would greatly appreciate a Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 tuned. It's been my favorite car since GT3, and I'm hoping to obtain one in real life (even though they're worth around $20k these days. *grin*)

P.P.P.P.S.: Holy carp in a bucket I didn't think I would write that much 👍

Hi, Roj,

I have a question regarding AYC in those Mitsubishi Lancers.

I saw your Emperror VI tune earlier, and I noticed that you neither put LSD nor VCD (variable center differential) on it.

I understand that you do it to all your Lancers to take full benefit of their active differential systems (AYC), just like the ATTESA ETS's in those skylines.

Whereas for the skylines, the ATTESA ETS accounts as both the LSD and VCD, how about the AYC in the Lancers?

I mean does it cover only the LSD part or could it account as both (LSD and VCD)?

One reason that tickles my curiosity is because I saw that you don't have VCD in the Emperror VI, but Torque distribution appears as 30/70 on the setup (the default Torque distribution value if you slapped VCD on it).

So my question is would it handle the same way if you do not install the VCD at all versus you install it and leave the value as default.

Thank you very much for your concern,

NB: I tried all of your Emperrors, the emperror VI is the best handled one so far. It has the most neutral feeling compared to the rest. Good Job on your magics as the best tuner in the forum once again, I will be missing your masterpieces until you come back and start with new tunes again :)

Latest Posts

Back