RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I actually tried to make a quick efini but it didn't have anywhere near the grip that the Spirit R has so I kinda ditched it. The two cars are VERY different in terms of how they drive and react to tuning and I've not exactly nailed down the older model.

I don't know if you'd know this, but I certainly wouldn't, but would you think that the Spirit R would be better for drifting or the efini?

I'd guesstimate the Spirit will probably be more stable when held sideways and the efini will be easier to initiate with.

In other words, it's personal preference.

Sweet Lord, Rotary Junkie. I just transfered the settings of your Type-R Civic to the Motul 87' Civic Race Car and it is an absolute beast. It doesn't even corner like an FF car. Just poke it around the corners and you'll see, it sticks and sticks, with the wheels smokin'. The little car just flies!

Oh and the retro livery is oh so cool.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7643/40096424.jpg

Someone please try it and let me know what you think

It's not my setup. It's VTiRoj's. ;)

That said, interesting to see it works well in other applications.

Yeah, very interesting. I love the Motul so I'm glad my Type R settings work well on it. :D

Speaking of which, is an MX-5 tune in the works? :)
Maybe. ;) The only MX-5 I currently have is the premium J-Limited that you win from license tests, so I might tune it later on.

Maybe. ;) The only MX-5 I currently have is the premium J-Limited that you win from license tests, so I might tune it later on.

That would be hugely appreciated bro!

On a related note, I can't decide whether or not to choose your NSX or RJ's Spirit R RX-7 as the car I take to the GT World Championship in the professional A-Spec league. Could you tell me which of the two is quickest, on average, at their highest power settings? I'd test it myself but I'm pretty poor in GT5 so far :(

PS: Would I need to re-tweak either NSX or FD if I decided to go for max HP?

We've not tested either of them at higher power levels but I'll say that the RX-7 should fair well on racing mediums with max power.

The NSX will only hit ~460hp while the RX-7 will hit around 600hp so that's a major bonus, but I know I've managed both Sarthe and Nurburgring runs in the GTWC with the RX-7 as it is. All-Stars however is a different story.

Re-tweaking shouldn't be too needed, either car may get a bit "snappy" under braking on better tires but I actually doubt even that would be an issue.

We've not tested either of them at higher power levels but I'll say that the RX-7 should fair well on racing mediums with max power.

The NSX will only hit ~460hp while the RX-7 will hit around 600hp so that's a major bonus, but I know I've managed both Sarthe and Nurburgring runs in the GTWC with the RX-7 as it is. All-Stars however is a different story.

Re-tweaking shouldn't be too needed, either car may get a bit "snappy" under braking on better tires but I actually doubt even that would be an issue.

RX-7 it is! Would I even need mediums though? There's not many laps so I was kind of thinking about softs, unless that would unbalance the car somehow.

I remember back on GTvault.com, Fumes had an RX-7 tune that was just to die for. From what people say, it looks like yours will be too.

I'm no tuner, but I have played hundreds of hours of GT, so I'll be sure to post a review when I'm done.

I generally run mediums as far as race tires go as they've got enough grip for basically anything and have decent wear characteristics (even though wear seems to only be a problem online and probably in endurance events).

Softs shouldn't mess with the car any more than mediums but they're definitely overkill IMO.

RKM Motorsport’s RX-7 R400

MazdaRX-7R400.jpg

MazdaRX-7R400_Big.jpg

Based on: 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 396 BHP (@ 413.2 miles, run until engine rebuild was available without oil change, then rebuilt)
Torque:---- 303 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1051 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Prodrive GC-010G Wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type B
Rebuilt motor upon availability

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
ECU Tuning
Racing Air Filter
Sports Catalytic Converter
FC Gearbox
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/28

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 2.915
2nd:-- 1.929
3rd:-- 1.394
4th:-- 1.057
5th:-- 0.842
6th:-- 0.704
7th:-- x.xxx
Final: 4.300
Max Speed: 211

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: xx/7
Accel:-- xx/25
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 10.0/4.8
Extension:-- 9/5
Compression: 7/3
Anti-Roll:-- 1/7
Camber:----- 1.9/3.5
Toe:-------- 0.15/-0.30

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 8/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This right here is the result of constant evolution since early GT4 tuning efforts. From an initial 350-370hp to 385 and now nearly 400hp, it's grown up a bit and matured noticeably. This doesn't mean it's gotten any fatter; in fact, it's down by 28kg. Beating up on older GT class racecars is easy with this car as long as there's enough corners; it does exactly as you tell it to, exactly when you do.

Thanks for sharing. Going to give this a go as I love my Mazda's

Any chance of you guys doing a fully built Evo IX? I am trying to do it myself but am not able to correct for the unersteer, and I get a weird ass wobble during corners now... lol

Thanks for sharing. Going to give this a go as I love my Mazda's
You're gonna love it. Haha

That Civic VTi-R is a pretty damn awesome tune as well.... Want to hear something crazy? It beat my stock Scuderia (Granted: I was having a little fun kicking the tail out a good bit) around Trial Mountain! And the Civic only had weight reduction 1 (950KG) and 220 HP at the time. You can floor it around most corners thanks to the FWD and I wasn't having any problems keeping traction at all (still 220HP). Pretty damn crazy in my humble opinion. Rails I say. Great tune VTiRoj. I'll do the full engine modifications and weight reduction to see just how BA it is at its peak. Cheers!

I did the same destroyed the 80's cup thanks guys
Sweet Lord, Rotary Junkie. I just transfered the settings of your Type-R Civic to the Motul 87' Civic Race Car and it is an absolute beast. It doesn't even corner like an FF car. Just poke it around the corners and you'll see, it sticks and sticks, with the wheels smokin'. The little car just flies!

Oh and the retro livery is oh so cool.

40096424.jpg

Someone please try it and let me know what you think

You're gonna love it. Haha

That Civic VTi-R is a pretty damn awesome tune as well.... Want to hear something crazy? It beat my stock Scuderia (Granted: I was having a little fun kicking the tail out a good bit) around Trial Mountain! And the Civic only had weight reduction 1 (950KG) and 220 HP at the time. You can floor it around most corners thanks to the FWD and I wasn't having any problems keeping traction at all (still 220HP). Pretty damn crazy in my humble opinion. Rails I say. Great tune VTiRoj. I'll do the full engine modifications and weight reduction to see just how BA it is at its peak. Cheers!
I tuned the EK9 on Trial Mountain a few times, but I didn't expect it to beat a Scuderia. Especially when it wasn't even at full power. :eek: With full power it should beat the Scuderia senseless. :D
I did the same destroyed the 80's cup thanks guys
You guys really like putting the VTi-R settings on Motul Civic's, dont you? :P I'll have to add that to the settings page. 👍

I've tried the Motul Civic with the VTi-Civic setting and i won the rally event under 250hp with close eyes :sly: This Motul Civic is so awesome!!

RKM Motorsport’s R34 Black Edition

R34BlackEdition.jpg

R34BlackEdition_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür (R34) ‘02
Obtained: Brand new from Nissan

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 462 BHP (@ 152.7 miles)
Torque:---- 59 kgfm
Weight:---- 1264 kg
PP:-------- 548

PARTS
GT Auto

BBS RE-MG Wheels
Type B Front Aero
Type A Extension Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/25

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.501
2nd:-- 2.407
3rd:-- 1.796
4th:-- 1.427
5th:-- 1.202
6th:-- 1.054
Final: 3.300
Max Speed: 199 MPH

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.0/6.0
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 2/4
Camber:----- 2.3/2.1
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
The “must-have” car since Gran Turismo 2. The R34 Skyline has always been known for it’s supercar slaying reputation. So enter the Black Edition, the daily slayer of supercars. Power was boosted to 457bhp and weight was brought down to 1264kg, with suspension tuned to give the Black Edition the stability of a house. This R34 is so stable, you’d have to try and crash it on purpose in order to unsettle it. With this stable high speed package, the Black Edition makes mince meat of everything in front of it.

10th Dec 2010 - New rear toe settings.
20th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.
11th Mar 2011 - Revised settings.
22nd Oct 2011 - Spec II adjustments.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Corvette C6 Z06/R

CorvetteC6Z06R.jpg

CorvetteC6Z06R_Big.jpg

Based on: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM ‘06
Obtained: Brand new from Chevrolet

Horsepower: 865 BHP (@ 240.4 miles)
Torque:---- 99 kgfm
Weight:---- 1090 kg
PP:--------

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Racing Modifications

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Medium Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/60

Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Transmission
Transmission

Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then Final 2 + individual ratios.
1st:-- 3.866
2nd:-- 2.730
3rd:-- 2.054
4th:-- 1.676
5th:-- 1.383
6th:-- 1.160
Final: 3.420/2.000
Max Speed: 168 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/7
Accel:-- 0/25
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 0/10
Spring Rate: 13.5/7.5
Extension:-- 8/9
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 5/7
Camber:----- 2.9/2.8
Toe:-------- 0.15/-0.25

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/9

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
C6R not fast enough? Looking for something that resembles a road car yet can destroy Group Cs and LMPs? Here you go.

It's a bit on the insane side... Good luck.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s LFA GT

LFAGT.jpg

LFAGT_Big.jpg

Based on: Lexus LFA ‘10
Obtained: Brand new from Lexus

Horsepower: 547 BHP (@ 132.3 miles)
Torque:---- 48 kgfm
Weight:---- 1234 kg
PP:-------- 555

PARTS
GT Auto

BBS RE-MG Wheels

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.672
2nd:-- 2.458
3rd:-- 1.853
4th:-- 1.461
5th:-- 1.211
6th:-- 1.058
Final: 3.150
Max Speed: 230 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/15
Accel:-- 0/30
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 9.0/12.4
Extension:-- 6/6
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 4/4
Camber:----- 1.8/1.7
Toe:-------- –0.16/-0.29

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
The LFA is a pretty exclusive car. There are only 500 in the world. So we got one and gave it the RKM treatment. What? There are still 499 left, don’t give us that evil stare. When we first test drove the LFA, the engine scared the crap out of us. So badly infact that we’ve left it stock. However we did strip it of over 200kg and improved on the already great handling. You’ll need to treat this one like a fine woman. Carefully and elegantly. If you mistreat this LFA, it’ll discard you without a second thought. If you treat it well, it’ll reward you in large amounts. Throttle control and smooth steering is a must to get the best out of this LFA GT.

20th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s F430 Stradista

F430Stradista.jpg

F430Stradista_Big.jpg

Based on: Ferrari F430 Scuderia
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 584 BHP (@ 87.6 miles)
Torque:---- 372 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1119 kg
PP:-------- 612

PARTS
GT Auto

PDI P525 wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type A

Tuning Shop
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
FC Gearbox
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 15/37

Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Transmission
Transmission

Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then Final 2 + individual ratios.
1st:-- 4.139
2nd:-- 3.037
3rd:-- 2.367
4th:-- 1.931
5th:-- 1.603
6th:-- 1.390
Final: 4.300/2.500
Max Speed: 124 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/7
Accel:-- x/23
Braking: x/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -5/-15
Spring Rate: 6.2/7.0
Extension:-- 8/8
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 4/6
Camber:----- 2.5/2.2
Toe:-------- 0.00/-0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/10

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
This is the F430 Stradista. You'd think Ferrari would've given up on the 430 now that the 458 is out, and you'd be right; this car has no actual input from the original manufacturer. Why? They like to build fat cars, we don't. Everything has been either heavily lightened or removed, including the electronic garbage which previously polluted the car. The result is a car that, while only slightly more powerful than the 458, wipes the floor with anything and everything Ferrari's ever made.

Last edited:
I really, really like the Gallardo tune but the difference with mine is I have all the weight reduction's bought.

Should I alter anything since my car is lighter than the car for the Gallardo tune in this thread?

I got so excited when I saw your LFA and Scuderia tunes.

I have tried the Scuderia so far, and the moment I hit the brakes it would just spin out. After I changed brake balance to 5/5 though, I had no problems at all, except a tad bit when braking while turning into a corner. I should also mention that I didn't add everything in this tune, like the downforce and some stuff from the shop.

I really, really like the Gallardo tune but the difference with mine is I have all the weight reduction's bought.

Should I alter anything since my car is lighter than the car for the Gallardo tune in this thread?

Shouldn't need to.

I got so excited when I saw your LFA and Scuderia tunes.

I have tried the Scuderia so far, and the moment I hit the brakes it would just spin out. After I changed brake balance to 5/5 though, I had no problems at all, except a tad bit when braking while turning into a corner. I should also mention that I didn't add everything in this tune, like the downforce and some stuff from the shop.

The downforce is a bit key to it handling correctly; unwinged the rear downforce is a bit on the low side for braking stability with the current brake and LSD settings as you found out. Also, thank you for making me remember that I hadn't listed the correct values for downforce on it.

That said, once winged it will still be a *bit* loose under braking, as are most of my tunes, as left-foot braking (slight throttle while braking) will keep the car stable and the ability to have entry-oversteer on demand is an undervalued tool.

Initial cost was lower and it's somewhat cheaper to maintain.

That and I see little need for the slight downforce advantage and slightly increased power.

What dodgy side deals are you guys doing to get all your money? I want in!:P

Initial cost was lower and it's somewhat cheaper to maintain.

That and I see little need for the slight downforce advantage and slightly increased power.

Gotcha.

Well, if you ever manage to snag a ZR1 I'd love to see what you guys can come up with with a Race-Modified ZR1.

What dodgy side deals are you guys doing to get all your money? I want in!:P

Like The Wind at Indianapolis. Couple minutes of racing and boom, 70k.

As for the ZR-1... Maybe. Maybe. Don't think it would be too different from the Z06 though. A tiny bit faster, maybe, but the general character of the car would be roughly the same. Which is to say, a soulless race car that rips everything's head off.

I just tried your LF-A tune and I was instantly amazed at how planted the car was! However I've come close to flipping the car over a few times because of how much more confident the car feels in the turns :)

LFAGT.jpg

LFAGT_Big.jpg

New meaning for LFA: Loss of foundation in actuality...

Superb tune. I hope one day to reach the tuning level you guys are at. You definitely have some of the most stable, yet edgy tunes out there. The LFA is practically glued to the road. If for some reason you come in a little too hot, just tap the brakes and all is well. Mediocre driver that I am ran a 55.8 on Tsukuba with medium slicks and all the power mods added in. I'ld say that the tune is... "Impressive... Most impressive."

Back