RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I've been doing some reading on this forum for a little while and hadn't registered. But I did just to let you guys know that I really appreciate these tunes you've put together and shared. I guess I got a new forum to hang around in other then my sti and srt-4 forums. Thanks

-Luis

What dodgy side deals are you guys doing to get all your money? I want in!:P
If we told you, we'd have to kill you after. :sly: We're just spamming oval races, really.
I just tried your LF-A tune and I was instantly amazed at how planted the car was! However I've come close to flipping the car over a few times because of how much more confident the car feels in the turns :)

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h410/VTiRoj/LFAGT.jpg
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h410/VTiRoj/LFAGT_Big.jpg
New meaning for LFA: Loss of foundation in actuality...

Superb tune. I hope one day to reach the tuning level you guys are at. You definitely have some of the most stable, yet edgy tunes out there. The LFA is practically glued to the road. If for some reason you come in a little too hot, just tap the brakes and all is well. Mediocre driver that I am ran a 55.8 on Tsukuba with medium slicks and all the power mods added in. I'ld say that the tune is... "Impressive... Most impressive."
Thank you both! I was really happy when I got the LFA to do as I told it, because it was a rollercoaster ride to tune it! :P I wanted to do more than just make it handle better, I wanted it to really hold the road and stay held. Which is what is happening now. :D:tup:

Very Very cool Setup, Guys!

But just one question, how much does the tuning cost per car? ^^
Excluding the price of the original car, I'd say about 150-250k goes on actual tuning parts. It varies from car to car.
I've been doing some reading on this forum for a little while and hadn't registered. But I did just to let you guys know that I really appreciate these tunes you've put together and shared. I guess I got a new forum to hang around in other then my sti and srt-4 forums. Thanks

-Luis

We appreciate that you appreciate our work. :D No really, one of the perks of doing this is seeing happy customers. :)

Hey love the Gallardo Tune.. I seem to have trouble with under steer @ the Rome Circuit.. Hoping for some advice on how to help it turn and get some exhilaration out of the car.. Rome is flat an slick just cant seem to get a handle on it. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Trail-braking is an excellent way to get the tail loose in the Gallardo (as you turn in, reduce braking pressure to around 50%), and from there just throttle out. Simply nailing the throttle while the tail is sliding results in rather spectacular drifts in slower corners, easing into it as it regains traction is the fast way. And remember, if you have to countersteer, you're sliding too much.

RKM Motorsport’s Corvette C6 Z06/R

CorvetteC6Z06R.jpg

CorvetteC6Z06R_Big.jpg

Based on: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM ‘06
Obtained: Brand new from Chevrolet

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 865 BHP (@ 240.4 miles)
Torque:---- 99 kgfm
Weight:---- 1090 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Racing Modifications

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Medium Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/60

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.754
2nd:-- 2.396
3rd:-- 1.695
4th:-- 1.262
5th:-- 0.989
6th:-- 0.781
Final: 3.420
Max Speed: 249 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/7
Accel:-- 0/25
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 0/10
Spring Rate: 13.5/7.5
Extension:-- 8/9
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 5/7
Camber:----- 2.9/2.8
Toe:-------- 0.15/-0.25

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
C6R not fast enough? Looking for something that resembles a road car yet can destroy Group Cs and LMPs? Here you go.

It's a bit on the insane side... Good luck.

Does it works great with ZR-1 RM?

It should work quite well at least. I can't verify exactly how good it is as all I have is, indeed, the Z06, but the cars aren't wildly different.

Trail-braking is an excellent way to get the tail loose in the Gallardo (as you turn in, reduce braking pressure to around 50%), and from there just throttle out. Simply nailing the throttle while the tail is sliding results in rather spectacular drifts in slower corners, easing into it as it regains traction is the fast way. And remember, if you have to countersteer, you're sliding too much.

So all of these car tunes here are made for a wheel (Driving Force GT)??

Because I am using a DS3 controller. I have noticed a good amount of understeer as well in cornering and only have successfully cornered when I turn after braking because that is very smooth with a lot of controllable oversteer.

So all of these car tunes here are made for a wheel (Driving Force GT)??

Because I am using a DS3 controller. I have noticed a good amount of understeer as well in cornering and only have successfully cornered when I turn after braking because that is very smooth with a lot of controllable oversteer.

My tunes are done with a wheel, Roj's are done with the controller.

thanks a lot worked really well...

I will be opening my Signature Edition on Christmas Day (it's in my house somewhere :( ) but I have already had the game for a weekend courtesy of a very generous mate, and I will definitely, without shadow of a doubt be building up some of these cars and reviewing them, look very professional. :)

I'm loving the look of the NSX and the Civic, the Corvette... The '88 Supra.... most of them infact :D Have to wait and see how far the cash stretches :)

=/ something is wrong here. I tried your z06 RM tune for the all stars event. on the first track im having issues. the car likes to uncontrollably go side ways in the corners with anything more than half throttle while exiting corners. and it likes to go side ways when im trying to counter steer.

is the ride height 0 in the front and +10 in the back? (just to verify) I have a SVT cobra R with similar horse power (heavier) and handles nothing like this. (so i dont think its my driving).

Did some dirty single lap Nordschleife tests with a handful of cars.

First off, the Gallardo; damn. After a twitchy, out-of-control first experience and some forum hate posts i had already given up on this car. But you have made it.. well, pretty much perfect. Controllable and sublime - on sports tires. Granted, i still had some white knuckle moments with it by tapping the brakes at high speed with a bit of steering angle applied (shocker? :scared:), but actually managed to keep it in check quite well - which would have NEVER happened stock. One of them did lead to a slight wall tap though, which cost me some seconds. 7:23.104

The Silvia. Very nice. Not much else to say. The slight braking-induced oversteer is great. This was the first car i ran, and me being very inexperienced with the track, puts it at a disadvantage. Also managed to run off to the grass once, losing some seconds again. 8:04.748

As a side note, LDP's GNX might be a fun rival to this. One that you can see approaching in the rear view mirror - sideways. A bit heavier but a lot more powerful, ran it in 7:57.210 with it. I guess it would be pretty much exactly the same time if my Silvia lap would have been clean.

And last but definitely not the least the Sledgehammer. At first i was actually hoping this would be a pretty nice match for the Silvia, only edging it out by 0.02 on kg/hp, but it turns out it's on a whole another level, probably thanks to the aerodynamics? Lots of fun, good, predictable control, especially with the rear end. Did it in 7:46.342.

Anyway, i had a blast, and i think i've found my true calling; doing quick tests with tuned cars on the Ring. So keep them coming!

...by the way, any plans for a proper SLS build to be in the works any time soon?

Did some dirty single lap Nordschleife tests with a handful of cars.

The Silvia. Very nice. Not much else to say. The slight braking-induced oversteer is great. This was the first car i ran, and me being very inexperienced with the track, puts it at a disadvantage. Also managed to run off to the grass once, losing some seconds again. 8:04.748

As a side note, LDP's GNX might be a fun rival to this. One that you can see approaching in the rear view mirror - sideways. A bit heavier but a lot more powerful, ran it in 7:57.210 with it. I guess it would be pretty much exactly the same time if my Silvia lap would have been clean.

And last but definitely not the least the Sledgehammer. At first i was actually hoping this would be a pretty nice match for the Silvia, only edging it out by 0.02 on kg/hp, but it turns out it's on a whole another level, probably thanks to the aerodynamics? Lots of fun, good, predictable control, especially with the rear end. Did it in 7:46.342.

Anyway, i had a blast, and i think i've found my true calling; doing quick tests with tuned cars on the Ring. So keep them coming!

...by the way, any plans for a proper SLS build to be in the works any time soon?

I'll let RJ reply to you about the Gallardo.

The Supra has more high end power and as you say, the aerodynamics advantage too. So it's quite a bit faster than the Silvia which is tuned for lower end performance. Glad you liked the cars and interesting note about the Silvia rivalling LDP's GNX. I reckon with the different styles of car, it would make for interesting racing. Especially since we've got history from GT4 tuning days. :P

Hope to see you doing more quick tests! 👍

Also the only SLS I currently have is the Stealth, if I was to get another SLS it'll be sometime in the near future as I'm trying to tune a diverse range of cars before buying duplicates. :)

First off, the Gallardo; damn. After a twitchy, out-of-control first experience and some forum hate posts i had already given up on this car. But you have made it.. well, pretty much perfect. Controllable and sublime - on sports tires. Granted, i still had some white knuckle moments with it by tapping the brakes at high speed with a bit of steering angle applied (shocker? :scared:), but actually managed to keep it in check quite well - which would have NEVER happened stock. One of them did lead to a slight wall tap though, which cost me some seconds. 7:23.104

Seems the Yardoh is a bit of a love/hate car; some find it overly understeery (it's a 700hp AWD on sports tires, you expected what exactly?), some find it twitchy, I find it to be at least passable when considering the starting point (which understeered more at 600hp than it does now at over 700).

Thanks for the review though, and if you need anything... Just yell at one of us. My plate's a bit full at the second though (RS6 of my own, EvoX by request, a few backburners) so...

As above, business is a little too good. If I do build an SLS it'll probably be pretty close to the F430 and LFA in terms of style... Small increase in power, large increase in handling.

=/ something is wrong here. I tried your z06 RM tune for the all stars event. on the first track im having issues. the car likes to uncontrollably go side ways in the corners with anything more than half throttle while exiting corners. and it likes to go side ways when im trying to counter steer.

is the ride height 0 in the front and +10 in the back? (just to verify) I have a SVT cobra R with similar horse power (heavier) and handles nothing like this. (so i dont think its my driving).

no feedback to my question =/?

Sorry, I kinda missed it.

And yes. It loves to have the tail step out under heavy throttle in 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) gear. Fixing this requires either making it more understeery or running ridiculously long gears, neither of which would actually make it faster. Solution is a driver mod; slowly squeeze onto the throttle as you point it straight and it will do you right.

Just a heads up Rotary: I tried the Gallaro tune and it didn't quite work out for me. My car doesn't have any of the aero parts, and is still on Sport Soft tires. (probably going to keep it that way)

Just a heads up Rotary: I tried the Gallaro tune and it didn't quite work out for me. My car doesn't have any of the aero parts, and is still on Sport Soft tires. (probably going to keep it that way)

The Gallardo is meant for use with Sports Soft tires but having at least one of the rear wings is highly recommended to keep it stable under high-speed braking.

Would you mind telling me what it did wrong in your opinion?

Can't really say, but it was major under-steer for me.

Well then you said it :lol:

I wouldn't think the actual front-end aero bits would have any effect on the handling of it (as they don't appear to add any downforce) but it wouldn't be the first time the game surprised me.

It does understeer at WOT but eh, it gets it from all sides (no front downforce, power to front wheels, enough power to the rears to shift even more off the front, etc etc) and it's nowhere near as bad as default was. And if you actually found understeer on entry/coast... Something's wrong.

How would these tunes change if I am using Racing Soft's instead?

Don't.

I did with the RX-7 tune and it was awful, the turn in and exit understeer was awful; The tires are just too damn sticky. I'm now of the opinion that they should only be applied to true race cars.

RKM Motorsport’s Civic VTi-R

CivicVTiR.jpg

CivicVTiR_Big.jpg

Fun Fact: This setup works on the Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si Race Car '87.
Hey fellas I'm yet to try any tunes as I'm yet to find an excuse to do spend big on a donar car. I did however blow much cash on a RenaultSport Clio 2.0 16V, which is my daily driver in real life, hence the outlay. After all parts etc were put on I was having problems getting this around corners. Using the logic that the RS Clio is bascially the French Type R, I used the VTiR setup and found a MASSIVE improvement in handling. When I get the cash to do up teh Type R I'll let you know how similar they feel. It might just be ANOTHER car to add to your list of "cars that like the VTiR tune :) . Or at worst it's a very good base to fine tune the RS Clio's characteristics.

Loving the services you're offering and keep up the good work.

Red.

Don't.

I did with the RX-7 tune and it was awful, the turn in and exit understeer was awful; The tires are just too damn sticky. I'm now of the opinion that they should only be applied to true race cars.

This goes against what I've been experiencing but I will give it a try. Just figured if money wasn't an option that it would simply be better to go with the stickier tires but better grip.

Hey fellas I'm yet to try any tunes as I'm yet to find an excuse to do spend big on a donar car. I did however blow much cash on a RenaultSport Clio 2.0 16V, which is my daily driver in real life, hence the outlay. After all parts etc were put on I was having problems getting this around corners. Using the logic that the RS Clio is bascially the French Type R, I used the VTiR setup and found a MASSIVE improvement in handling. When I get the cash to do up teh Type R I'll let you know how similar they feel. It might just be ANOTHER car to add to your list of "cars that like the VTiR tune :) . Or at worst it's a very good base to fine tune the RS Clio's characteristics.

Loving the services you're offering and keep up the good work.

Red.

See the Motul Civic I can understand, it's a Civic too, but a Clio?! I think I've accidently made some universal FWD settings. :lol: Looking forward to the comparison between the Clio and Civic. 👍

This goes against what I've been experiencing but I will give it a try. Just figured if money wasn't an option that it would simply be better to go with the stickier tires but better grip.

I did too, until I thought about it more.

If the tires are SUPER SUPER sticky, the car really can't rotate. Imagine driving a Hot Wheels car over some duct tape, then try turning it. The power that the 'puny' non-race car can generate will not be enough to break the rear tires free, and the lightened chassis (1050 kg for the RX-7) can't overcome the grip for lift-off oversteer (the best kind of oversteer).

The biggest thing I noticed using race softs was that when you applied power, the nose pushed out BIG TIME. It was almost like driving a civic. I had to tune for half a day just to get the car to handle neutral, and even then, I had to reduce rear downforce so much that the car was really really squirrely on anything but an even road. On a race car, you'd have front and rear downforce, so this wouldn't be an issue.

In short, save racing tires for racing cars.

Makes sense and I have been wondering why I'm seeing so many tune specs here with sport tires.

I guess I'll try these cars on sports tonight. I had to tweak Rotary's settings for the RX-7 and Gallardo to make it do what I want because I was using Racing tires the whole time.

I'm obviously still learning. Heh.

We primarily use sports tyres because of a couple of reasons. One is that we're used to using them from GT4. Alot of tuning cups between tuner garages had sports tyre restrictions or categories, which lead to some incredibly close competition. So it's the favoured tyres for tunes up to around 500bhp or so. Another reason is that sports tyres make the cars seem more like road cars than race cars. I believe the Tsukuba time attacks use road legal high performance tyres, which is what our sports tyres are.

See the Motul Civic I can understand, it's a Civic too, but a Clio?! I think I've accidently made some universal FWD settings. :lol: Looking forward to the comparison between the Clio and Civic. 👍

I had a question about your civic tune, and ff tunes in general. I was always under the impression that we needed to stiffen the rear of ff cars to promote oversteer instead of understeer.

But it looks like you stiffened the springs in the front and went with all soft springs in the rear. Did I get my information backwards?

FWD cars are very light in the rear, this means that for an "equal" roll rate, the rear should be softer. Softening it further and then compensating with a stiffer rear anti-roll bar creates a better balanced package on corner entry as the rear is allowed to expand further under deceleration while still having a stiff enough roll rate to avoid understeer.

Latest Posts

Back