RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Tried the Civic settings on my '87 Mugen for a bit on Grand Valley East.

Stock settings with parts but retaining the hard racing tires you get the car with i managed 1:09.947. I was actually using the hand brake in turns here, so much understeer.

Tried it with your settings, soft sports tires and didn't manage to improve. The car felt a lot more lively from the get go, but i still found myself sliding at walls hard.

Put the racing tires back on and got 1:09.086, without handbrake. I guess it'd benefit from using it, but it's quite a chore to use it with my vanilla-assigned G25.

Actually tested a bit with worse tires at the back, which resulted in spinning out on the main straight :ill:

So all in all, not much benefit for me with this car, but certainly not worse either. Guess the stock settings are pretty much 'good enough' already.

By the way, redid the Ring lap clean with the Silvia at 7:55.352. So yeah, it's there with the GNX at least in my hands. Now to just find someone to knock 20 more seconds off with it.. :dunce:

Last edited:
We primarily use sports tyres because of a couple of reasons. One is that we're used to using them from GT4. Alot of tuning cups between tuner garages had sports tyre restrictions or categories, which lead to some incredibly close competition. So it's the favoured tyres for tunes up to around 500bhp or so. Another reason is that sports tyres make the cars seem more like road cars than race cars. I believe the Tsukuba time attacks use road legal high performance tyres, which is what our sports tyres are.

So it's because you're used to tuning with them and are trying to be more realistic - not necessarily tuning to reach the cars full potential with "better" tires?

FWD cars are very light in the rear, this means that for an "equal" roll rate, the rear should be softer. Softening it further and then compensating with a stiffer rear anti-roll bar creates a better balanced package on corner entry as the rear is allowed to expand further under deceleration while still having a stiff enough roll rate to avoid understeer.

Great explanation thanks 👍 I used your settings for my integra and I indeed found it drove a lot better but I could never figure out why it was

So it's because you're used to tuning with them and are trying to be more realistic - not necessarily tuning to reach the cars full potential with "better" tires?

I find cars to be vastly more entertaining to drive on sports tires; it also takes a LOT more power to find the limit of racing tires than sports tires (A 400hp EvoX won't use S3s to their full potential much less racing tires for example) and there's always the bit about "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slowly".

Great explanation thanks 👍 I used your settings for my integra and I indeed found it drove a lot better but I could never figure out why it was

Yeah, I've actually seen the reverse suspension setup actually hurt traction coming out of corners as well.

Tried the Civic settings on my '87 Mugen for a bit on Grand Valley East.

Stock settings with parts but retaining the hard racing tires you get the car with i managed 1:09.947. I was actually using the hand brake in turns here, so much understeer.

Tried it with your settings, soft sports tires and didn't manage to improve. The car felt a lot more lively from the get go, but i still found myself sliding at walls hard.

Put the racing tires back on and got 1:09.086, without handbrake. I guess it'd benefit from using it, but it's quite a chore to use it with my vanilla-assigned G25.

Actually tested a bit with worse tires at the back, which resulted in spinning out on the main straight :ill:

So all in all, not much benefit for me with this car, but certainly not worse either. Guess the stock settings are pretty much 'good enough' already.

By the way, redid the Ring lap clean with the Silvia at 7:55.352. So yeah, it's there with the GNX at least in my hands. Now to just find someone to knock 20 more seconds off with it.. :dunce:
The Mugen does handle quite well stock, leaving little to improve. At least it's faster now without using the handbrake, eh? :P

Nice job with the Silvia. That makes it 2 seconds faster than the GNX. :sly:
A bit of both, actually. We want to keep a balance between realistic, fun to drive tunes and tunes that are just built to make the car as fast as possible.

Can I get a Tune on an Rx-7 Drift car?

I use a G25 Wheel.

I've seen some drift setups that are ludicrous and usually only work for a controller user. I need a balanced car that holds a drift and allows roation with smooth throttle inputs and incremental counter steer.

Feel free to add me on PSN: Liquizon

Can I get a Tune on an Rx-7 Drift car?

I use a G25 Wheel.

I've seen some drift setups that are ludicrous and usually only work for a controller user. I need a balanced car that holds a drift and allows roation with smooth throttle inputs and incremental counter steer.

Feel free to add me on PSN: Liquizon

Request Policy

We’re continuing our “1 review = 1 tune” offer. You review a car of ours from the above lists and in exchange, we’ll tune up a car for you. It's preferred you supply the car with all wanted parts already equipped but not 100% needed (may take more time if we have to buy + modify the car).

;)

Will your R34 tune work well with the R33? Or are the two cars wildly different?

Some users are putting my Civic VTi-R settings on the Motul Civic and now even a Renault Clio with suprisingly good results. I think applying the R34 settings on the R33 will be okay. As long as the R33 isn't wildly more powerful than the R34 is. 👍

I do want to eventually have the R33 and the R32 tuned to similar specs as my R34 Black Edition. Make a nice Skyline trio. So if the R34 settings dont work that well on the R33, it'll be worth waiting for an actual R33 setup. :D

Well, my review on the Z06 tune.

Considering I've only run this a few times on Like the Wind Indy (and probably only will ever use it for this cause), I can't say much about anything more technical then an oval. The top end speed is great for oval racing, 200-220MPH has served me fine in getting ahead and not losing on the straights. High speed cornering was difficult at first for the sole reason that I was used to the R390, where all I had to do was slow down to the entry speed and hold the throttle through. The Z06 accelerates within these corners so I had to switch things up a bit, but that's probably as the Z06 is good at what it does, which is to say goes fast and beats racecars.

RKM Motorsport’s R34 Black Edition

R34BlackEdition.jpg

R34BlackEdition_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür (R34) ‘02
Obtained: Brand new from Nissan

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 457 BHP (@ 77.8 miles)
Torque:---- 58 kgfm
Weight:---- 1264 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

BBS RE-MG Wheels
Type B Front Aero
Type A Extension Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/25

Transmission
Transmission

(The following ratios are not final and will be re-adjusted once GT5 lets me. For now just set the max speed.)
1st:-- 4.035
2nd:-- 2.702
3rd:-- 1.966
4th:-- 1.501
5th:-- 1.202
6th:-- 1.010
Final: 3.545
Max Speed: 199 MPH

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.0/6.5
Extension:-- 8/9
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/2
Camber:----- 2.3/1.7
Toe:-------- –0.20/-0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

This setting is awesome..... it works on R33.

But i used higher HP. 634HP. Engine Stage 3 with Stage 1 Turbo Kits. And Racing Soft tyres.

I improved my lap time on Tsukuba. from 57s to 54s and might be better/faster than mine for better driver.

And planning to build another or two r33's, For stage 1/stage 2 engines with sport soft tires

Edit: im on dual shock 3, Thanks VTiRoj

This setting is awesome..... it works on R33.

But i used higher HP. 634HP. Engine Stage 3 with Stage 1 Turbo Kits. And Racing Soft tyres.

I improved my lap time on Tsukuba. from 57s to 54s and might be better/faster than mine for better driver.

And planning to build another or two r33's, For stage 1/stage 2 engines with sport soft tires

Edit: im on dual shock 3, Thanks VTiRoj

Well you've answered H3avyM3tal's question. Nice to know the R34 setting works on the R33! At least with 634bhp on racing soft tyres. Let us know how the stage 1 and 2 with sports tyre builds go! 👍

So I tried out your LFA tune on the Nurburgring...

Mine was already tuned to 711bhp so I had to tone it down a bit. Engine tuning is irreversible so it ended up with something like 620bhp.

This thing accelerates like an F1 car :crazy: it feels like it weighs nothing. I couldn't get a clean lap in. Completely unforgiving. After the straight I had a devasting crash that sent the car into a 3000 degree upright revolution on its front end :lol:

Any way to make this car less... insane?

Last edited:
Well you've answered H3avyM3tal's question. Nice to know the R34 setting works on the R33! At least with 634bhp on racing soft tyres. Let us know how the stage 1 and 2 with sports tyre builds go! 👍

Done in Nissan Skyline GT-R VSpec II (R32) '94... Oh Yeah...that fits right in 👍

556hp, Stage 1 engine with Stage 2 turbo kits, on sports soft tyres.

Needs a little bit tweaks on max speed for Tsukuba Circuit.

Edit: Will post later on R33's. stage 1/2. Again thanks VTiRoj

Ok, love the tunes guys, but i do have a quick question.

when i RM'ed my Z06 (C6) '06, applied all the upgrades, changed the oil, and rebuilt the engine, i only have 704 Hp at the 1090 kg overall weight. WTF!

i lost almost 200 Hp from the RM?

can anyone plz help me understand what went wrong and/or if i can fix it.

tia

keep up the great work guys

Mine was already tuned to 711bhp so I had to tone it down a bit. Engine tuning is irreversible so it ended up with something like 620bhp.

This thing accelerates like an F1 car :crazy: it feels like it weighs nothing. I couldn't get a clean lap in. Completely unforgiving. After the straight I had a devasting crash that sent the car into a 3000 degree upright revolution on its front end :lol:

When Roj was setting that car up I was on MSN with him... He mentioned it being scary fast at stock output and having trouble keeping the thing on the ground. With higher output I'd imagine it's even more of a nutcase, so I've got a feeling there's not much of a way to make it less of a nutter.

Done in Nissan Skyline GT-R VSpec II (R32) '94... Oh Yeah...that fits right in 👍

Heh, I did a quick tune on an R32 for a friend a while back (~15 minutes at GVS) on racing soft tires and found it to have rather poor power management next to the R34 (only other R I've currently driven), glad to see the R34 tune working well elsewhere though.

Ok, love the tunes guys, but i do have a quick question.

when i RM'ed my Z06 (C6) '06, applied all the upgrades, changed the oil, and rebuilt the engine, i only have 704 Hp at the 1090 kg overall weight. WTF!

i lost almost 200 Hp from the RM?

can anyone plz help me understand what went wrong and/or if i can fix it.

tia

keep up the great work guys

Something's missing, probably the engine tuning stages. It'll look a bit like they're installed but you'll have to click them in order and hit "install".

Something's missing, probably the engine tuning stages. It'll look a bit like they're installed but you'll have to click them in order and hit "install".

Wow! Thanks. yeah im a n00b. it was the engine stages.

i got my favorite car back and with the tune this thing is an absolute MONSTER!!!

tks so much

I was looking for NSX '02 tune. I wanted to make sure this was the latest version and wanted to see when/if you have a NSX superGT or McLaren F1 tune?

Thank you for your tunes.

Would you be able to post some more pics of the 710 Leggera? :)

Also - I love your tune for the Z06. I used it on my ZR1 and it worked like a charm.

I learnt the hard the way that I should have bought a Z06 instead, as it really makes no difference when tuned, and it's cheaper to buy and maintain than the ZR1, but whatevs.

Tried your LFA and it was SO MUCH FUN. So I decided to tune it to the gills and now it's simply too frightening for me :( Darn you irreversible engine mods.

So by my count...

The Mach R and Atenza 23RS are still missing reviews, everything else has been reviewed.

The Atenza I somewhat understand (used car and all that) but the Mach not so much. Also a note for those who love Roj's Civic... The Atenza is faster. By a lot.

Some users are putting my Civic VTi-R settings on the Motul Civic and now even a Renault Clio with suprisingly good results. I think applying the R34 settings on the R33 will be okay. As long as the R33 isn't wildly more powerful than the R34 is. 👍

I do want to eventually have the R33 and the R32 tuned to similar specs as my R34 Black Edition. Make a nice Skyline trio. So if the R34 settings dont work that well on the R33, it'll be worth waiting for an actual R33 setup. :D

Would there be a problem if the car had higher power? I read further down that the tune works, but is it optimal with a certain amount of hp?

It's scary even with stock power. :crazy: The LFA's problem is that it has no extra downforce parts availible. So no matter how it's set up, the only way to calm it down is to drive slower and more carefully. Considering how much more power yours has to mine, I'd suggest trying racing tyres to make it less insane. 👍

The R34 settings work on the R32 now? Brilliant! :D
I was looking for NSX '02 tune. I wanted to make sure this was the latest version and wanted to see when/if you have a NSX superGT or McLaren F1 tune?

Thank you for your tunes.
We have an NSX Type R '02, the latest NSX-R before Honda canned it. :( As for the SuperGT NSX and the McLaren F1, they are both very expensive so it will take a while before either appear, if we choose to tune one.

On the other hand, if you have a Super GT NSX or McLaren F1, you could review one of our tunes in exchange for a free setup of your car. 👍
Tried your LFA and it was SO MUCH FUN. So I decided to tune it to the gills and now it's simply too frightening for me :( Darn you irreversible engine mods.
Same as what I said to OkeyD, the lack of downforce makes it such a wild ride. :P Try racing tyres and see if it helps. 👍
So by my count...

The Mach R and Atenza 23RS are still missing reviews, everything else has been reviewed.

The Atenza I somewhat understand (used car and all that) but the Mach not so much. Also a note for those who love Roj's Civic... The Atenza is faster. By a lot.
Someone's jealous. :sly: Nah I'm kidding, give RJ's tunes some reviews too, guys. :lol:
Would there be a problem if the car had higher power? I read further down that the tune works, but is it optimal with a certain amount of hp?
There would only be a problem if you start having so much power, you're overpowering the tyres. So as long as you're not doing that, it'll be fine. 👍

Wow I mean just wow. I am speechless after trying your RX7. That has to be the most stable car I have ever driven in all of GT series. Its near impossible to lose the handling on the car. I don't even think its possible. One more thing I am impressed is the way the tires hardly burn out. I drove for 10 laps at Suzuka and the tires look good for another 10. Great tune, 👍👍

Going to try your SuperLeggra next. I just hope you have LP640 SV and Enzo tunes if you ever have a chance to do it. Looking forward to trying out all your tunes. Thank you.

Tried the Civic tune last night and was getting off-throttle understeer using Sport Soft tires. That the way it's supposed to be set up?

Same as what I said to OkeyD, the lack of downforce makes it such a wild ride. :P Try racing tyres and see if it helps. 👍

Trying to fine tune it on some other courses. I'm a noob so I seem to be making things better rather than worse. Any tips on scrubbing off some understeer or making the rear not kick out under braking?

Back