RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

hahaha put me in a straight line and I'll show you fast :P

Just wait till the straight ends. :P But was it you who had to quit drag racing to go to war or am I thinking a different Matt? Cuz I saw a user named Matt something who had to quit to fight for their country or something.

Just wait till the straight ends. :P But was it you who had to quit drag racing to go to war or am I thinking a different Matt? Cuz I saw a user named Matt something who had to quit to fight for their country or something.

hahahahaha very nice!! and yes thats me.. but I'm not leaving now for just under 4 months :) but good to see that people are taking notice :)

hahahahaha very nice!! and yes thats me.. but I'm not leaving now for just under 4 months :) but good to see that people are taking notice :)

Good luck, GTPlanet, and especially the drag boys, will all miss you and wish you all the best. 👍

Awww, look at this, circuit racers and drag racers getting along with each other. :sly: Perhaps this can be the start to forum peace between the two tribes? 💡

Okay, here goes nothing.. :)
I just tried your XKR Coupe '10 tune and found out something really obvious.. I SUCK at grip racing :'( no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get a handle of the car. I imagine in the hands of a racing pro this car would be devastating.. To put my shonky driving into perspective, out of the 10 laps I attempted at Trial Mountain all bar 1 lap was red, with a best time of 1:30.401 :'( One thing that really did surprise me was how "light and twitchy" the car seemed.. I was assuming as its a Jag it's got a lot of weight.. how wrong was I.. I normally like to see how close I can cut it on that little mound coming onto the straight, but even the slightest imbalance sent the car in a fit, rolling around EVERYWHERE, however I must thank you for getting me the Rollover trophy :lol:
This car also has the ability to sizzle those very sticky tires through gear 3.. might not for you, but remember i had control of the car :dunce:

I know this isn't the typical review you guys are use to, but hey.. give a dragger a circuit tune and this is what you get. :)
Thanks for the review and you're welcome for the trophy! :lol: Yeah big Jag's with racing rubber don't really like to have 1 wheel off the ground. :lol: 1:30 is decent though for someone who isn't used to circuit racing. Perhaps I should've given you something less wild though... :dopey:

Best of luck out there! Kick some ass!

Where ever it is you're going, have fun and stay safe. And thank you.

It's that time of the day again where I feel like posting my amateur drifting pictures. :lol: As usual, I bring you the Illest Hellaflush JDM Stanced To Frig GT86, this time on it's 13.2k run on the Fuji seasonal. :D

ToyotaGT86-029.jpg

ToyotaGT86-030.jpg

ToyotaGT86-031.jpg

ToyotaGT86-032.jpg

And since RJ had his save explode, I made him this, the Illest Hellaflush JDM Stanced To Frig FD3S! 13.1k at Fuji. :D

MazdaRX-7-006.jpg

MazdaRX-7-007.jpg

MazdaRX-7-008.jpg

MazdaRX-7-009.jpg

MazdaRX-7-010.jpg

MazdaRX-7-011.jpg

MazdaRX-7-012.jpg

It's that time of the day again where I feel like posting my amateur drifting pictures. :lol: As usual, I bring you the Illest Hellaflush JDM Stanced To Frig GT86, this time on it's 13.2k run on the Fuji seasonal. :D

And since RJ had his save explode, I made him this, the Illest Hellaflush JDM Stanced To Frig FD3S! 13.1k at Fuji. :D

I barely beat both of you with my 512BB, at 13.4k and I never drift :sly:

I've got a semi dual review.

As per lotS rules i had to use the close ratio trans, sport hard tires and 500pp.

Emperor IV
This tune is very stable with a slight swing wide off the line out of the turns. it responds quick to steering input and allow's a late braking fast in fast out attack on touge courses. The ayc creates an even wear on the tires compared to my L.S.D tune that eats the front tires resulting in progressively worsening under lap after lap. As a testament to this tune's worth, my best lap on my home course in my tune was a 3:06.355, my first run in the RKM a 3:03.874. With practice in this car i believe i can pull an 8 second gap on my tune:dopey:

Emperor IX
This tune makes my virtual evo IX handle like my real evo IX mr edition. this makes my confidence in this car insane, it just lacks the power output of my real car. Line up far on the outside edge as you approch the turn, your opponent will cut inside thinking they can steal the better line. then they will watch as you keep going after they brake and dive into the turn kicking up dust from the inside apex and watch as you disappear on exit and approch to the next curve and your taillights fade into the night.:scared: A full on attack of my same course as above resulted in a 2:58.004

PS. applied the IX tune to both a VII GSR and VII MR standard and basicly same result in handling.

cant wait to see you try an evo III or a supra RZ

I've got a semi dual review.

As per lotS rules i had to use the close ratio trans, sport hard tires and 500pp.

Emperor IV
This tune is very stable with a slight swing wide off the line out of the turns. it responds quick to steering input and allow's a late braking fast in fast out attack on touge courses. The ayc creates an even wear on the tires compared to my L.S.D tune that eats the front tires resulting in progressively worsening under lap after lap. As a testament to this tune's worth, my best lap on my home course in my tune was a 3:06.355, my first run in the RKM a 3:03.874. With practice in this car i believe i can pull an 8 second gap on my tune:dopey:
Thanks for the reviews! :) The EvoIV was basically made for tracks with tight turns, so I'm happy to see it doing well as a LotS car. 👍

Emperor IX
This tune makes my virtual evo IX handle like my real evo IX mr edition. this makes my confidence in this car insane, it just lacks the power output of my real car. Line up far on the outside edge as you approch the turn, your opponent will cut inside thinking they can steal the better line. then they will watch as you keep going after they brake and dive into the turn kicking up dust from the inside apex and watch as you disappear on exit and approch to the next curve and your taillights fade into the night.:scared: A full on attack of my same course as above resulted in a 2:58.004

PS. applied the IX tune to both a VII GSR and VII MR standard and basicly same result in handling.

cant wait to see you try an evo III or a supra RZ

You're a lucky guy to have a real Evo. :D But yeah, again this is an Evo I tuned to destroy the corners, so it's good to see it doing just that in LotS. 👍

Nice to know the settings work on the VII too. I'd guess it works on the VIII too then. 👍

I'll proably get an Evo III done in the future. It is the original Emperor afterall. :D

I'll proably get an Evo III done in the future. It is the original Emperor afterall. :D

I can send mine if you want. And even paint in the color used in the anime to send to you.

Display Mitsubishi only > 4WD > Sort by model. Now I just have to swim through the 40 or so Lancer's I probably have. :dopey:

How do you have 40+ if there aren't even 20 models of Standard Lancers?
jackie-chan-meme.png

VTiRoj
Turns out I have 14. Meh, 14, 40, they sound alike, easy mistake. :sly:

Haha very easy mistake, ad this might sound crazy but I actually enjoyed throwing that Jag around, I'm gonna do a few more of your tunes and see how they like me :D

I don't have duplicates, only if the game forces me :sly:
Can't speak for Roj but I keep duplicates in my garage so I can have a working copy of a car I'm tuning, place one on share and have an original stock one in case I totally mess up and want/need to start over. Sometimes I'll keep even more copies so I can compare different builds to the same PP, or have different builds at different PPs.:crazy:

one little semi request, when you make the evoIII tune, 500pp and sports hard please. it gets 520ish pp maxed so 500 is a good platform. Kyoichi Sudo's evo III was only 380hp but had an antilag system.

Hello all. Just want to finally make an introduction as I have actually been a lurker since GT4 days of RVV. Back then when I did play GT4 (I started with GT2 on) I didnt know jack about "tunes" or the need for them until GT4. Was so used to just putting BEST GEAR ON AND GO! GT4 kicked my arse in that respect and I realized I needed to do more. RVV was where I would go to find tunes to use. I meandered through the 2 prior version of GT5 not including the stupid Speed test edition. (HATED IT!) Still have 1.2 and Prologue installed. And can sadly admit I did return to Prologue thinking it may give me something extra in GT5 proper after proper was released. Yeah, I can be an idiot. Blame it on beer and old age.

I hope you all are settled in for a long introduction, I can be long winded trying to convey as much as possible during introductions as possible to help others get an idea of what I am about. Sorry if that is an issue; again, I usually am a lurker and just read and follow without giving feedback. It is the introvert in me.

Once upon a time (GT2 and on) I was a more hands on driver. A-Spec they call it. never even tried B-Spec in GT4 until my PS3's fan died back in October of '11 and was without it til almost December. Prior to that in GT5 Proper, I was a hardcore B-Spec fiend. I love racing, just am no longer good at it in my own hands. Too sloppy with the DS3 or too drunk. Depends on time of day. As a point of reference I used to be VERY good at games like Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc but now cannot do more than get arse whooped in seconds. Maybe I had a stroke somewhere in past decade? Who knows.

Anyway, I have been pondering a review, from a B-Spec racers POV on some of your tunes you guys have so deliciously provided me over the past. And the one that has been a craw in my gullet has been Dragonthing's Citroen. This is not a review here as I have already gone on too long. IF I do manage to put it together I will be shorter than this (Press the "Hopefully" key repeatedly now) and as honest as I can be. More worried I'll offend you and I do not intend to.

I love all the work you folks have provided and even a brief foray into internet drama some of these pages have offered. It gave me quite a few days and nights of entertainment. And hopefully this long post won't turn you off of what I do or say.

Now to go finish a remote race and then pull my head out of my arse to actually write something other than a long winded introduction.

-Jaime

Thanks for the intro bud. I wouldn't worry about length, we much prefer information over "missing out" on a few minutes thanks to reading things.

It'll be interesting to see your perspective on things, I never really gave B-Spec terribly much thought on my old save (was lv 40 B-Spec but only due to remote racing) but this one I've decided to actually bother with it for reasons other than breaking cars in... In fact, I'd be willing to bet that you may be able to notice certain things with B-Spec driving that you might not while driving.

In fact, I was working with a Suzuki Swift the other day and today, in my hands it was absolutely beautiful, if slightly unstable due to how I had it set up... Handing it over to Bill Elliott pointed out that it was more than slightly unstable in quick transitions.

Can't speak for Roj but I keep duplicates in my garage so I can have a working copy of a car I'm tuning, place one on share and have an original stock one in case I totally mess up and want/need to start over. Sometimes I'll keep even more copies so I can compare different builds to the same PP, or have different builds at different PPs.:crazy:
Yeah I usually keep a few duplicates incase I want to have multiple builds of the same car. I'd much rather build a new car than use the A B C sheets. :lol:
one little semi request, when you make the evoIII tune, 500pp and sports hard please. it gets 520ish pp maxed so 500 is a good platform. Kyoichi Sudo's evo III was only 380hp but had an antilag system.
Yeah I can do that. 👍
Once upon a time

You've been lurking all this time? Could be a GTP world record for lurking perhaps? Good to know you've benefitted from our services since the RVV days though. Ah, the good old days. :lol: But anyway, B-Spec reviews would be a first so I'd actually look forward to something like that. :)

Also, I read your entire post with a cup of tea in hand. So don't be sorry, that was quite enjoyable. :D

Emperor VI
figured i used the IV and IX tune i'll try this, i maxed it out at 543pp but ran your exact tune in a 550 sports soft lobby. i started back of pack in 7th on deep forrest and had lead by lap 4 of 6. the evo was besting everyone under braking and in the turns. the only real threat on the track was a 22b sti that could close the gap at the end of the main straight and in the high speed section on the back but there are more tight turns than straights and his tires gave out. same overall feel as the IV but with more power that slide off line in the IV is instead a slight full throttle oversteer:tup: but with the ayc the tires wear even.

PS. put comfort hard tires on it and it is fun to drift but those following you wont like the cloud of smoke it leaves behind.

Back