RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I wouldn't mind seeing if you could polish the turd that is the 207 GTi (256 bhp, 1050 kg, Sports hard tyres). Not a request (don't think I've done a review).

I drove the Mk1 Golf today, there's too much understeer for my liking but that could be down to the age of the car and the amount of power you're asking the tyres to transfer to the tarmac.

korza493
RX-8 Concept Type-II '01 with the High-RPM turbo!

I don't have it, or want it, and I already have a tune for the Premium RX-8 both fully tuned and Type-RS, and fully tuned for the Type-I Concept too...I could just post those

Achyllis
Damn!

Well if I were to make a request... Probably would ask for a Mustang GT '05 tune. 'Cause I can tell you're a little bored :dopey:

As I'm sure a few people I have raced properly with will know, my own '05 Mustang GT Supercharged is nearly unbeatable on anything better than Sports Mediums :sly: it might be one for me to put on share and see what people think of it though...in my own experience it's 'box is a bit long for the smaller tracks, and it can be a bit too sticky sometimes too.

LineR32
I wouldn't mind seeing if you could polish the turd that is the 207 GTi (256 bhp, 1050 kg, Sports hard tyres). Not a request (don't think I've done a review).

I drove the Mk1 Golf today, there's too much understeer for my liking but that could be down to the age of the car and the amount of power you're asking the tyres to transfer to the tarmac.

I seem to remember the 207 GTi having crap exhaust sounds no matter what you used, so I only have a stock one...which I still don't use x3

And the Mk1 Golf only seems to be good for stance maniacs and dubbers anyways :sly:

Dragonthing
As I'm sure a few people I have raced properly with will know, my own '05 Mustang GT Supercharged is nearly unbeatable on anything better than Sports Mediums :sly: it might be one for me to put on share and see what people think of it though...in my own experience it's 'box is a bit long for the smaller tracks, and it can be a bit too sticky sometimes too.

oh man, I'm looking forward to that. But Y U NO leave me on your friend list? I think you deleted me.

RKM Motorsport’s LFA GT

LFAGT.jpg

LFAGT_Big.jpg

Based on: Lexus LFA ‘10
Obtained: Brand new from Lexus

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 547 BHP (@ 132.3 miles)
Torque:---- 48 kgfm
Weight:---- 1234 kg
PP:-------- 555

PARTS
GT Auto

BBS RE-MG Wheels

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.672
2nd:-- 2.458
3rd:-- 1.853
4th:-- 1.461
5th:-- 1.211
6th:-- 1.058
Final: 3.150
Max Speed: 230 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/15
Accel:-- 0/30
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 9.0/12.4
Extension:-- 6/6
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 4/4
Camber:----- 1.8/1.7
Toe:-------- –0.16/-0.29

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The LFA is a pretty exclusive car. There are only 500 in the world. So we got one and gave it the RKM treatment. What? There are still 499 left, don’t give us that evil stare. When we first test drove the LFA, the engine scared the crap out of us. So badly infact that we’ve left it stock. However we did strip it of over 200kg and improved on the already great handling. You’ll need to treat this one like a fine woman. Carefully and elegantly. If you mistreat this LFA, it’ll discard you without a second thought. If you treat it well, it’ll reward you in large amounts. Throttle control and smooth steering is a must to get the best out of this LFA GT.

20th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

How would you set up the suspension and diff to use this car for 500pp Seasonal Events? I'm using it at the new Trial Mountain TT 500pp on Sport Hards. It wants to step out almost every time more than 1/3 throttle is used on exit.

How would you set up the suspension and diff to use this car for 500pp Seasonal Events? I'm using it at the new Trial Mountain TT 500pp on Sport Hards. It wants to step out almost every time more than 1/3 throttle is used on exit.

It depends how you've made it 500PP. Have you added ballast or used the power limiter or a blend of both? If you try and put 500bhp through sports hards it's going to step out regardless how you set it up.

Okay, planning to release as my next tune, my 515bhp Impreza racer. Somehow I have managed to make an Impreza look good with huge spoiler and carbon bodykit/bonnet, which tops the half-a-large mark in the power department, which is now predominantly rear-wheel drive and which has unbelievable grip on anything from Sports Hards to Racing Softs. And if you use Comfort Hards it drifts at ludicrous speeds too

Well, if you don't get that LF-A to cooperate, try Dragongthings 350Z tune
(gt4 ltd. ed.) I beat gold by 3 seconds on my second lap, and I'm not exactly a stellar driver. It's pretty rockin in the 500pp arena, you may want to give it a try! Best of luck to you!

Oh, and thanks for the tune Dragonthing!

VTiRoj
It depends how you've made it 500PP. Have you added ballast or used the power limiter or a blend of both? If you try and put 500bhp through sports hards it's going to step out regardless how you set it up.

I have removed all add-ins except Stage 3 engine & weight (I believe they are at 3). Power was dropped down to 57%, no ballast added. Running your setup as is, the car slides all over the place. I'm guessing it's too stiff for the tires? Top speed down the back straight is around 135 IIRC.

I'm not looking to blast the rankings. I just want a reliable fun car for any tire and not have to go to the Elise RM that is really tail happy.

With the stock racing tranny and fixed sports suspension I beat gold by a second or two. I am not a great driver either :P.

Last edited:
Seen this "IIRC" used in various statements but have yet to figure out what it stands for.

Help a newb out?

gt4viper
Well, if you don't get that LF-A to cooperate, try Dragongthings 350Z tune
(gt4 ltd. ed.) I beat gold by 3 seconds on my second lap, and I'm not exactly a stellar driver. It's pretty rockin in the 500pp arena, you may want to give it a try! Best of luck to you!

Oh, and thanks for the tune Dragonthing!

You're welcome! :D it's a damn good car that just needed some love...

I have removed all add-ins except Stage 3 engine & weight (I believe they are at 3). Power was dropped down to 57%, no ballast added. Running your setup as is, the car slides all over the place. I'm guessing it's too stiff for the tires? Top speed down the back straight is around 135 IIRC.

I'm not looking to blast the rankings. I just want a reliable fun car for any tire and not have to go to the Elise RM that is really tail happy.

With the stock racing tranny and fixed sports suspension I beat gold by a second or two. I am not a great driver either :P.

You'd be better off just keeping the engine completely stock and then power limit it to 60% or whatever it takes to reach 500PP. In your case I'm guessing the increased torque from the power adders are at fault. I kept my LFA's motor completely stock because it would spin sports soft tyres, let alone the sports hards it came with. Adding more torque would make the problem worse even if you decrease the horsepower. It may be too stiff but softening it would make it even more prone to sliding. The LFA is just a tricky car when it comes to stuff like this.

I went for the Scion FR-S for that time trial, a reliable gold every time with minimal effort. Fun to drive too. 👍

Since I've got nothing better to do, I might as well use one of my "tune tokens". :)

GTP Name: =drifting24/7=
PSN Name: OsakaHQ-XANO_24 (don't know if I should still fill this up, but to heck with it :lol:)
Your Car: RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Sending Your Own Car? Yes, but probably not right away after this post. Will be sending to VTiRoj
Tuning Request: I want a touge grip tune that has minimal oversteer coming out of corners, of course without the expense of near-neutral handling this car already has mid-way through corners. I want the transmission tuned to maximize acceleration and top speed. That means setting the transmission at a reasonable top speed which the car won't be able to reach easily, while having optimum acceleration. For toe settings, keep front toe at 0.00, and rear toe at the ranges 0.00 to 0.20 . One last note, keep the PP at strictly 520PP :) Increasing horsepower will be at your discretion, but make sure to keep the car at 520PP.
Link To Review: Civic Type R Turbo

edit: added requirements :)

Last edited:
Mate, though I know the final judgment is down to Roj, he has done a tune for the RE already, it handles more than competently from my memory, so maybe try that tune first?

Mate, though I know the final judgment is down to Roj, he has done a tune for the RE already, it handles more than competently from my memory, so maybe try that tune first?

nah, the tune is clearly made for track day racing. hence the high downforce and high-RPM turbo. it won't be suitable for touge racing anymore. I want a tune that will allow the FD3S to tackle touges easier than how it already does. plus, I stated that I want the tune to have 520PP, no more, no less. How he does that is up to him. :)

nah, the tune is clearly made for track day racing. hence the high downforce and high-RPM turbo. it won't be suitable for touge racing anymore. I want a tune that will allow the FD3S to tackle touges easier than how it already does. plus, I stated that I want the tune to have 520PP, no more, no less. How he does that is up to him. :)

Heh, I see. Though won't downforce be useful anyway? I've not got a slightest clue on the differences in the requirements for Touge, but won't more grip always be that bit more helpful?

And wild guess…is this going to relate to your very anticipated fanfic? :D

Heh, I see. Though won't downforce be useful anyway? I've not got a slightest clue on the differences in the requirements for Touge, but won't more grip always be that bit more helpful?

If you set the downforce too high, yeah you'd have higher grip. But more downforce = more drag, which hampers the car's straight-line speed. Touge tuning is all about balance. :)

And wild guess…is this going to relate to your very anticipated fanfic? :D

??? how do you know about that? :confused: As far as I remember, Roj is the only person whom I have told about it. And I've just met you not more than 15mins ago :dunce::lol: ...unless......

If you set the downforce too high, yeah you'd have higher grip. But more downforce = more drag, which hampers the car's straight-line speed. Touge tuning is all about balance. :)

Hmm…pointless to dwell on further, but since Touge tracks that I've tried are all narrow and have straights which end after say…200 or so meters, is straight line speed that much more important…??

??? how do you know about that? :confused: As far as I remember, Roj is the only person whom I have told about it. And I've just met you not more than 15mins ago :dunce::lol: ...unless......

Whoops…slip up. :lol:

Yes. I am a spy/stalker and I also know things. :P

Sup, RKM. I'm slowly edging my way back to GT5. Balancing between it and Virtua Fighter shouldn't be too hard. I'll be testing cars again very soon, I think. :)

Since I've got nothing better to do, I might as well use one of my "tune tokens". :)

GTP Name: =drifting24/7=
PSN Name: OsakaHQ-XANO_24 (don't know if I should still fill this up, but to heck with it :lol:)
Your Car: RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Sending Your Own Car? Yes, but probably not right away after this post. Will be sending to VTiRoj
Tuning Request: I want a touge grip tune that has minimal oversteer coming out of corners, of course without the expense of near-neutral handling this car already has mid-way through corners. I want the transmission tuned to maximize acceleration and top speed. That means setting the transmission at a reasonable top speed which the car won't be able to reach easily, while having optimum acceleration. For toe settings, keep front toe at 0.00, and rear toe at the ranges 0.00 to 0.20 . One last note, keep the PP at strictly 520PP :) Increasing horsepower will be at your discretion, but make sure to keep the car at 520PP.
Link To Review: Civic Type R Turbo

edit: added requirements :)
So basically you want me to tune the car that you want me to use tomorrow? Okay but don't expect anything special, the RE FD is a 🤬 online.
I asked Onboy to come to tomorrow's meet up but then his PS3 commited seppuku.
A very strange development has occurred for me regarding the 500pp Trial Mountain TT, I can't do it!!! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=259131
You know what's even stranger? The stream of M&M's Camry avatars in that thread. :lol:

But yeah that is really weird. Hope you sort it out, that's a crippling bug. :ouch:
Sup, RKM. I'm slowly edging my way back to GT5. Balancing between it and Virtua Fighter shouldn't be too hard. I'll be testing cars again very soon, I think. :)
Until the next Tekken right? Who can resist Snoop Dogg? :lol:
F:censored: . -_- Fine, I give up. :lol: Yes, it IS coming. :sly::sly:

on-topic: already sent the Amemiya FD3S to Roj. :)

You didn't have to send it, but thanks. :P

So basically you want me to tune the car that you want me to use tomorrow? Okay but don't expect anything special, the RE FD is a 🤬 online.

not really. It's my personal RE FD3S. I thought the S2000 R1 is a worse 🤬 than the RE FD3S. When I try to tune the two cars at the same PP level (which is 520PP), my FD can't seem to match my R1, hence why I wanted you to tune mine. :)

I asked Onboy to come to tomorrow's meet up but then his PS3 commited seppuku.

The horror!! THE HORROOORRR!!! :eek:

You didn't have to send it, but thanks. :P

Yes I have to. Again, it's my personal FD3S. :)

Last edited:
not really. It's my personal RE FD3S. I thought the S2000 R1 is a worse 🤬 than the RE FD3S. When I try to tune the two cars at the same PP level (which is 520PP), my FD can't seem to match my R1, hence why I wanted you to tune mine. :)

The horror!! THE HORROOORRR!!! :eek:

Yes I have to. Again, it's my personal FD3S. :)

The S2k R1 is much more stable than the RE FD, so it's no surprise that it puts down the better times too. I can't guarantee that the FD will be able to match the S2000, but it should be obedient at least. :lol:

If you liked the Silvia S13, Speed Star, Chances are, you'll like the Silvia S15, once Rkm gets there hands on it. They have, and the results are tremendous. It has a lot of power so that you'll outdrag most 550 pp cars, but where it really shines is the corners. It really feels like a sports car. It would almost out brake a 458 F, which is really saying something. The transmission is perfect, and the suspension..... God, It is good! It makes it handle like a Lexus LFA! If you put it on Comfort Soft tires, It will drift like a maniac. It's one of the best cars RKM has made yet.

F:censored: . -_- Fine, I give up. :lol: Yes, it IS coming. :sly::sly:

on-topic: already sent the Amemiya FD3S to Roj. :)

"I want a touge grip tune that has minimal oversteer coming out of corners, of course without the expense of near-neutral handling this car already has mid-way through corners. I want the transmission tuned to maximize acceleration and top speed. That means setting the transmission at a reasonable top speed which the car won't be able to reach easily, while having optimum acceleration. For toe settings, keep front toe at 0.00, and rear toe at the ranges 0.00 to 0.20 . One last note, keep the PP at strictly 520PP Increasing horsepower will be at your discretion, but make sure to keep the car at 520PP"

what touge leauge are you running in? most frown apon the use of the full customize trans, and that restriction on toe will net a very squirlly car online. a -.04f and .40 rear would help keep the car in check.

Back