RMR rants: car designs - WARNING: large pics

• Thread starter CWR
  • 12 comments

CWR

CWR63
CWR63
I wanted to take advantage of this being the only site where full-size pics can be posted without the thread viewers having to scroll all over to see the full photo; I don't wish to fox anyone's computer, so I'm starting a new thread.
All are welcome to post full-size pics of their car designs, preferably from (H)Rate My Ride - there's another thread for "outside" photos - and the whimsical "rating" it received, which I've taken to reading on an inverse scale after seeing what low ratings clean subtle designs receive compared to some questionable designs that are so highly rated ("Rate this 10 if you like Megan Fox" was a recent top ten design).
I've found that restricting your display settings on your PS3 to no more than 720P increases the clarity of RMR and Photomode pics - this seems to be the native resolution for this game: 1080P is upscaled from this and it shows in muddy, washed out pics.

Here's my 63 Riviera, CueShip, rated 4.73 on the PS3:

getsakeimage.ashx

getsakeimage.ashx

Here's the same design, replicated as best I can on the Xbox 360, rated 5.00 - not trying to provoke anyone who's a PS3 fan, but I think this game was designed for the 360 first and then adapted for the Sony - at least judging by the quality of the photo output:

getsakeimage.ashx

getsakeimage.ashx

:odd:

Last edited:
I appreciate your comments - when I owned my 64 Rivi I wanted to make it a hot rod/pro street type custom, Recaro racing seats front and back; a wide body kit that would have a coke bottle shape seen from above; make functional all the decorative scoops and vents...well there's 2 on the stock hood and 2 on each side, not really all that many. But that hood and those sideskirts are the only 'lowrider' parts that don't look too bad on a street machine, and I wanted flames coming out of the reverse vents to emphasize, along with it's stance, that this was a hot rod more than a kustom. I'm sure many players want 'musclecar' instead of 'lowrider' parts for the Malibu and Belair, but I wanted at least the option of 'muscle' or 'tuner' parts for the Riviera and Impala also...

RMR is not a good tool to determine if your ride is hot nor not.

Well just to comment on your ride I think the Riv and RX8 graphics are cool (especially on the rx8). Personally I would stick on some aftermarket wheels on the Riv and lose the body color matching. This goes for the Rx8 too. Then importantly I would work on the wheel sizes.

Of course this is just my opinion! Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Thank you - it's good to get specific critiques from you guys - it's funny that I have to come to a site for a game which has so little in the way of visual customizing to get meaningful critiques...

Not meant as a knock against the GT series BTW :indiff:

I have a bit of a backlog here -

Czar rated 4.18 saw this on an auction show:

czar418front.jpg

Copied this one from Forza 3, so I can't claim any rating (seeing as how I stole it):

S5F3front-1.jpg

S5F3back.jpg

HotShoe rated 3.64:

HotShoe364front-1.jpg

HotShoe364back-1.jpg

Batman's Riviera:

BatRivifront.jpg

BatRiviback.jpg

The Broiler rated 3.14:

55Broiler314front.jpg

55Broiler314back.jpg

Working on a new P-51 Mustang. :scared:

This is the only game with such interesting cars and customizing - can't believe R* is abandoning the series...

Some nice customisations there.

I found when I was screenshotting the game regularly that I could transform the images by opening them in Photoshop and just changing the black clipping point in the Levels. Literally a 10 second job to completely revitalise the image.

Thanks! Here's that P-51 design I spoke of, with a rating of...0.00 - with 0 ratings. A first.

70-King-Death-Front.jpg

70-King-Death-Back.jpg

I'm just waiting for my copy of GT5 to arrive from Amazon...

Latest Posts

Back