Road America Now Available in Raceroom Racing Experience

RaceRoom is steadily building up the best track roster in the genre, and every single time it looks well ahead of the competition. Impressive, keep it up S3S. 👍

How so? The renderings look nice, no doubt. But the track has been in Pcars 1 + 2 and Forza (IIRC) for a while now and both of those have better graphics imho than RRRE.

That said, I really like this lovely track a whole damn lot, would love to see it in GTS.

I remember first being introduced to Road America via Forza 3. I hated it; I couldn't find a flow, feeling like a series of long straights with awkward corners linking them. Now, it's one of my favourite tracks in the game. It very much favours power-oriented builds (obviously), but I've grown to really like the layout. Nailing a truly fast lap here is a challenge.

Awesome addition to R3E. 👍

I'd honestly love it if we got a fully priced version of RRE on consoles with most of the currently available content included (and the latest/future content added as DLC)

Wish I could properly play this game but sadly my PC ain't good enough to run it.

How so? The renderings look nice, no doubt. But the track has been in Pcars 1 + 2 and Forza (IIRC) for a while now and both of those have better graphics imho than RRRE.

Yes, but those titles have worse FFB, AI and physics. Oh, and sounds.

That is a) your opinion which I dont share for example, especially on FFB which never worked well for me at all and b) he said it looks better than the competition and that is very debatable, to put it mildly.

That is a) your opinion which I dont share for example, especially on FFB which never worked well for me at all and b) he said it looks better than the competition and that is very debatable, to put it mildly.

The original poster said that the track roster looks ahead of the competition, not that the sim's overall graphics were

That said, I really like this lovely track a whole damn lot, would love to see it in GTS.

Yes, the rendering is nice and I also think it gets the colors just right. I won't argue against Project CARS and Forza having more graphical eye candy, but RaceRoom looks way more authentic to me.

The original poster said that the track roster looks ahead of the competition, not that the sim's overall graphics were

True that I wasn't necessarily talking graphics per se, but the "looks well ahead" part was about RaceRoom's visual appeal.

Road America has arrived as of today. I now own all the American tracks along with a selection of GT3 cars and one WTCC car. I love the tracks and this sim might have the best representation of GT3 cars bar none.

Road America has arrived as of today. I now own all the American tracks along with a selection of GT3 cars and one WTCC car. I love the tracks and this sim might have the best representation of GT3 cars bar none.

Love how they've done the AMG GT3 and the Porsche 911 GT3

Love how they've done the AMG GT3 and the Porsche 911 GT3

I just added the 911 today so I cannot comment on the changes. It is a good car to drive. Next to the Callaway Corvette I probably like it next best but then the Corvette got some BoP and I have not tried it yet today so maybe I will now prefer the Porsche. The Camaro dropped some weight too so I will have to see if my set-up still works there.

Last edited:
Back