1:1 accurate L/W CONFIRMED by Road America Officials

1. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

smskeeter23 submitted a new resource:

Road America - Accurate length, curbing, and object placement

Read more about this resource...

2. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

I have an update for this track that smooths out all the undulations. Especially the bumps after turn 12 and corrected part of the bend there.

I will be updating the resource shortly.

3. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

4. OGGamer

OGGamer

Excellent circuit interpretation and well worth a place in anyone's track collection. Here's a quick preview of the circuit from various viewpoints as I slide around in the RUF Yellowbird for a demo lap.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  5. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

6. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

7. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

New version coming tomorrow!

Now 1:1 4.08 miles and even more accurate object and curbing placement...

CTznOfTime and DesertPenguin09 like this.
  8. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

smskeeter23 updated Road America with a new update entry:

Road America Update v1.5!

Read the rest of this update entry...

CTznOfTime likes this.
  9. Endless-Wilso

Endless-Wilso

After trying many versions ,yours and motz are by far the best
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/road-america.2205/
    Your layout is a little better though some of your corner ratios seem a little extended, motz really nailed down the visual aspect better and his carousel is quite impressive.

Personally I've been to RA many times and have seen the track from many angles.

Hope to see more in the future.

CTznOfTime likes this.
  10. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

Yeah, I've discovered the issue with the corners... it's actually that the track is too wide. My measurement was screwed up on the first one. As a result some of the corner radius values were smoothed out.

The new version 2.0 I am testing right now is 6ft narrower and now the correct width of the actual track which also allowed for all the corner angles to be spot on now. I also used a much higher resolution reference image for this one, did a bunch of measuring and scaling correction, and even managed to get a few more objects in the right places like the carousel bank, trees, and continental bridge.

Object placement is such a pain in the a** with this editor because of the stupid places that get blocked off. Change one section of track by a few feet and it messes with the entire course. There's always some sort of trade off you have to make, it sucks.

I'm really excited to get this one out there but I just want to go over it one more time before releasing it.

OGGamer and Endless-Wilso like this.
  11. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

smskeeter23 updated Road America with a new update entry:

New build 2.0 track!

Read the rest of this update entry...

OGGamer likes this.
  12. BHalpen

BHalpen

With update 2 the track has gotten so much skinnier, think I liked 1.5 better... besides this update also added a whole lot of unnecessary buildings closer all around the track.

13. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

The track is now the actual width. Road America is a fairly "skinny" track.

I also have no control over where the editor puts those buildings. I may try to redraw it in a different area but I did not put them there.

OGGamer likes this.
  14. BHalpen

BHalpen

15. BHalpen

BHalpen

I figured you would not be able to control the building placements, but without them being as noticeable in v1.5 it kinda made that track feel more authentic.

smskeeter23 likes this.
  16. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

Yeah I ahree with that but at the same time the other object placement I was able to achieve on this one is much much better as well.

Always some sort of tradeoff with this builder :-(

BHalpen likes this.
  17. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

Track length and width now confirmed directly by Road America directly :sly:

18. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

19. Logitech73

Logitech73

:tup::tup: The track looks great from the DEMO videos, can't wait to try it out. What editor are you using iOS or Android. I have made 3 tracks and cannot get some the objects that are in yours. The arrow signs for example, and a sand trap. Maybe I just have not played with it enough to figure out how to get those things, but the objects are very limited on the Android version. I thought I saw someplace that there is a wall that can be put in but when I go to objects or curbing all I have is the curbing no walls anywhere to be added to the tracks. I have been trying to make Pocono and there is all this grass on the outside of the track where there should be a safer barrier.:banghead:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  20. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

I'm using Android as well. The arrows and sand traps manifested on their own. As far as the object placement goes it's really a crap shoot. You tweak one tiny piece of track and it'll affect the ability to place something somewhere else on the track. Frustrating isn't harsh enough to describe it.

Best thing I can say is:
    Less anchor points = More space for object placement.