Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

• Thread starter alex511
  • 244 comments
That doesn't make a lot of sense though. There are tracks that have rain in one layout but not in others and different time of day ranges between layouts too, surely that shouldn't need any extra data?

The time of day one is the one that really baffles me honestly to the point where I almost think it's a conscious design decision. For example in Spa you have two identical layouts (yeah the start line is different whatever) but one of them has 4 selectable times while the other layout has a full 24h. It just doesn't make sense.
Yeah that's the part that really gets me, especially with Dragon Trail Gardens having rain but not Seaside, and Tokyo East and Central having rain but not South. I guess we'll just never know.

Yea,Sunset Orange, so glad its there, i was ready for a disappointment. Thats how the series after 4 has been for me, ups and downs!

SO is probably the best color, I may be biased! Only other M2 that is rarer or stands out more is the one on the M2 CS, which is Misano Blue. But that is on the $85k+ version of the M2.
It's the colour I bought anyways, rest a bit tame and bland.

PD could have added the alternate layouts and rain weather. I don't understand why they always have to do unfinished work without every possible layout.
Those other layouts were blocked off and abandoned years ago and turned into a camping area you can see it on the race broadcasts and how in disrepair it is from Google maps

Great track - Bathurst vibes.

'Race of Turbo Sports cars' is one of my favourite races in the game as I like using road cars around the 500-600PP mark, so I'm glad that the new track has an event I already run a lot at St. Croix, Interlagos and Suzuka. Road Atlanta is nice for these types of cars.

Because Ford is American, and PD isn’t smart enough to bypass the rule for a European car like the Sierra.
They could also tag it as both American and European since the manufacturer is American. I can’t imagine it’d be that hard since they have the code for that function set up already. Unless it only allows for one manufacturer, in that case I’d tag it European and edit the text string to American/European.

They could also tag it as both American and European since the manufacturer is American. I can’t imagine it’d be that hard since they have the code for that function set up already. Unless it only allows for one manufacturer, in that case I’d tag it European and edit the text string to American/European.
They probably could add a string in code for something like that. But then you'd have to expect them to do that when another PAL Ford, Chevy, or Dodge gets added to the game. :lol:

It does seem off that a Sierra is lumped in with muscle cars, but that's Granturismo for you. Atleast it's not a GT1 car entering a road car event, or a stock Alfa Romeo 4C entering a WTC 800 event.

Last edited:
I have a bone stock M2C, only thing done is a GTS lighter hood. I did switch out the stock air filters and replaced with K&N, you can hear the turbo more and maybe gave me a tiny bit more power since the filter isnt as restrictive as before.

Sadly the sound is abit off, even with the valves open, theres no crackle/burble either on decel, not that I'm a fan of those burbles. I guess its good enough, acceleration especially after 100mph is spot on. IRL in Mexico when I took this car passed 120mph I was surprised with the legs the car had for a 400hp car. It got to 160mph pretty easy. Feels faster than the '13 Mustang GT I had which was also stock.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to **** with my brothers and take pics at laguna seca. They'll think I actually went to a track day on thanksgiving day. LOL

Nice! I have the m3 f80, I hit just under 120mph and the car felt solid with plenty more if I wanted to push it. M2/3, certainly m3, capable of 200mph if you remove the limiter...

M2 seemed to get extremely positive reviews all around. Crazy power for its size... although I was amazed to see there isn't much weight difference between that and the m4...

Last edited:
After, just, one week, I’m calling this the best track in the game. Simply for my racing.

Autopolis and DTG are my favourites, no doubt, but Road Atlanta is giving me the best races with my grids. Experienced it plenty times in Forza. On this system, it’s bonkers.
It’s a mini Mount Panorama. An even smaller Nordschliefe. Such a challenge that, it feels more real than any other track in the game. Yes, it’s the flow. It’s also the surface. The visual surface of the tarmac. From T1 entry, up and down the esses. Judging the brake distance and brake pressure. Getting the two right-handlers correct for the blast down the back straight. How late do you want to brake down the hill? Trust your car? Your skill? You gonna make it?
Then, that run up and under the underpass for the final turn. It’s a wonderful lap.

The Nord has it all. Biggest challenge any one player will undertake. Bathurst serves up walls aplenty and again, scales down the Nord. Road Atlanta is keeping my busy. I dig all the other tracks in the game for sure - except the Coffee Bean thing. Shoot. I haven’t bothered to look at lap times(not even done the Circuit Experience or the Gr.1 race, yet). Now, more than before this update, that I don’t need the HUD for pit stops. I just set my endurance times and race to the flag. Good stuff.

Does anyone have any idea why mine isn't showing up in world circuits? I have the 1.26 patch installed with the cars and I can play the sport mode race but the track does not show up in world circuits for me? I'm baffled.

Does anyone have any idea why mine isn't showing up in world circuits? I have the 1.26 patch installed with the cars and I can play the sport mode race but the track does not show up in world circuits for me? I'm baffled.
Check your Menu Book completion.

Road Atlanta im really enjoying this track just like in Forza 😁

Good thing they chose this over road America.

Last edited:
I am not seeing the endurance race on Atlanta. The Atlanta track is in the World Circuits and there are two short races but not the 30 minute race. I'm finished the 39 menu books and some of the extras, have all licenses, so it must unlock some where after that.

I am not seeing the endurance race on Atlanta. The Atlanta track is in the World Circuits and there are two short races but not the 30 minute race. I'm finished the 39 menu books and some of the extras, have all licenses, so it must unlock some where after that.
Have you done the Prototype Gr.1 menu? Maybe it unlocks after that, since it is the same type of event.

Have you done the Prototype Gr.1 menu? Maybe it unlocks after that, since it is the same type of event.
I have progressed in the game. The Atlanta endurance race unlocks at collector level 30, same time as the Prototype Gr. 1 challenge.

I have done every cafe book, I'm maximum collector and i do not have the Road Atlanta in my world circuits??
It's called Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta in the game, make sure you're not just looking for Road Atlanta, it's quite easy to go blind and miss it due to the long name.

1670341655564.png

Last edited:
Back